Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 805631 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #3956: May 22, 2017 09:24:56 am
      Bitter cu*ts.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #3957: May 22, 2017 11:16:36 am
      Don;t worry karma will be back to even out things and it could be the case of them fighting for survival in the PL to avoid the drop next season.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2017 11:47:19 am by redkop63 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3958: May 22, 2017 05:49:10 pm
      Well, they tried their best to get Arsenal ahead of us.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #3959: Jul 01, 2017 08:15:22 pm
      Genius.. ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3960: Jul 02, 2017 05:56:10 pm
      Thought these guys had moved into the big money stakes or are they always quite content to be a minor Premier League club as evidenced by their attempts to try and help Arsenal at the end of last season?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #3961: Jul 04, 2017 02:11:08 am
      that doin a lotta business right now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,167 posts | 4903 
      Reply #3962: Jul 06, 2017 08:10:49 am

And they'll still finish no better than 7th.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3963: Jul 08, 2017 05:11:34 pm
      Once a blue, always a blue.....leaves for United and becomes hated....heads back to the the Bitters. From Lukaku to Shrek is quite the step down.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,207 posts | 1211 
      Reply #3964: Jul 08, 2017 05:41:44 pm
      And they'll still finish no better than 7th.

That's the funny thing about it. Ain't a chance in hell they're progressing to the next level.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3965: Jul 08, 2017 07:25:39 pm
      Rooney will always be a legend in my eyes no matter what he does for Everton. There's a lot to be said for staying loyal in the Premiership and not be tempted to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Bareclona etc etc. He's gone back to his childhood favourite team and has had a great career in football. Will miss the lad very much at Old Trafford but hope he ends his swan song years well at Everton.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3966: Jul 08, 2017 07:35:45 pm
      Rooney will always be a legend in my eyes no matter what he does for Everton. There's a lot to be said for staying loyal in the Premiership and not be tempted to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Bareclona etc etc. He's gone back to his childhood favourite team and has had a great career in football. Will miss the lad very much at Old Trafford but hope he ends his swan song years well at Everton.

There seems to be an element of relief in Rooney leaving amongst my united supporting friends and acquaintances.
      The consensus seems to be that it takes some heat off the manager, who (perhaps) felt obliged to play Rooney sometimes, simply because of his iconic (to utd fans) status. 

Speaking of your manager, there also seems (again, amongst those I know) to be a lot of frustration about his style of play.
      I hear a lot of "That's not the united way" and "this is not united football" etc etc
      My only answer was that they'd better get used to it, because Mourinho isn't going to change; 7 defensive players and a long ball to the big/quick striker with 3 others joining, and the rest pushing up slowly.

I know style isn't the be all and end all for many united fans, and that trophies are more important, but the guys I know are pretty traditional in their views of how a united team should play.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3967: Jul 08, 2017 08:04:51 pm
      There seems to be an element of relief in Rooney leaving amongst my united supporting friends and acquaintances.
      The consensus seems to be that it takes some heat off the manager, who (perhaps) felt obliged to play Rooney sometimes, simply because of his iconic (to utd fans) status. 

Speaking of your manager, there also seems (again, amongst those I know) to be a lot of frustration about his style of play.
      I hear a lot of "That's not the united way" and "this is not united football" etc etc
      My only answer was that they'd better get used to it, because Mourinho isn't going to change; 7 defensive players and a long ball to the big/quick striker with 3 others joining, and the rest pushing up slowly.

I know style isn't the be all and end all for many united fans, and that trophies are more important, but the guys I know are pretty traditional in their views of how a united team should play.

Can't really find a negative in your post swabs as it's pretty much spot on. Problem is how can you expect a manager  to play the Fergie way? All managers pretty have their own style/way of playing. I too think his style of play (( defensive or parking the bus as many like to call it ))  can be frustrating at times.

Unfortunately it is what it is and as a fan not sure if there's anything we can do to change that. Luckily Mourhino shut quite a few supporters up by bring trophies in his first year of trading  ;D As you know he's always been a firm favourite of mine so find it very hard to knock him in the short time he's been at United.

Big season ahead for Mourhino more so due to his spending spree so fingers crossed (( if your a United fan  ;D )) it goes well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      Reply #3968: Jul 09, 2017 04:06:28 am

Was wondering where they were getting all the cash from then it dawned on me, they knew Lukaku was going and they were pre spending the cash.

Hope he fails his medical or gets locked up in LA.   ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3969: Jul 09, 2017 01:23:58 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3970: Jul 09, 2017 01:33:40 pm
      Was wondering where they were getting all the cash from then it dawned on me, they knew Lukaku was going and they were pre spending the cash.

Hope he fails his medical or gets locked up in LA.   ;)

Haha both would be a result mate.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,394 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3971: Jul 09, 2017 01:33:42 pm

Careful not to show his waistline?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3972: Jul 09, 2017 02:27:10 pm

If I was him, I'd be more embarrassed about that F***ing rug on his head.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      Reply #3973: Jul 09, 2017 02:56:17 pm

If I was him, I'd be more embarrassed about that F***ing rug on his head.

;D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3974: Jul 09, 2017 07:13:31 pm

That loyalty sure did cost Man Utd a lot the last few years. He was a superb player in his prime though.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #3975: Jul 09, 2017 08:40:15 pm
      That loyalty sure did cost Man Utd a lot the last few years. He was a superb player in his prime though.

Absolutely brilliant player in his prime and there was a time that people were comparing him and Ronaldo and him often coming out on top in that particular debate.

Actually got a lot of respect for Rooney, proper workin class lad who went right to the very top and always seemed to retain his roots and passion.

He'll be sh*te for the bitters though, well past it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3976: Jul 09, 2017 09:11:35 pm

Actually got a lot of respect for Rooney, proper workin class lad who went right to the very top and always seemed to retain his roots and passion.

My sentiments too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3977: Jul 09, 2017 10:29:12 pm
      Rooney went on a free transfer. Not sure if it is true about United paying some of his Everton wages.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3978: Jul 09, 2017 10:46:26 pm
      Rooney went on a free transfer. Not sure if it is true about United paying some of his Everton wages.

I've read/heard that fee is undisclosed and United paid 15 million towards wages. Obviously don't know if it's true.

Quick Reply