Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 805659 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #3979: Jul 09, 2017 11:32:12 pm

Actually got a lot of respect for Rooney, proper workin class lad who went right to the very top and always seemed to retain his roots and passion.

Would that be the same working class lad who demanded £300k in wages a week at OT otherwise he would bugger off? That same working class lad who retained his roots by having a go at England supporters for booing yet another half assed performance that he gave?

This same lad who constantly put in none peformances for united and England, would this be the passion?

Nope sorry, overrated simple as that. Its only because he is English that the media spunked all over him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3980: Jul 09, 2017 11:49:52 pm

This same lad who constantly put in none peformances for united

Yet became record goal scorer in the history of Manchester United FC. I'll take his none performances in many of his games with stats like that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3981: Jul 10, 2017 12:03:21 am
      There's a lot to be said for staying loyal in the Premiership and not be tempted to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Bareclona etc etc

That's because they've never wanted him, not because of loyalty. Once a blue, always a blue....buggers off to United. Hands in a transfer request to get 300k a week. Loyalty and Rooney are 2 words that don't go together and the only reason he never left the Mancs sooner is because none of the big teams ever wanted him.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #3982: Jul 10, 2017 12:33:00 am
      That's because they've never wanted him, not because of loyalty. Once a blue, always a blue....buggers off to United. Hands in a transfer request to get 300k a week. Loyalty and Rooney are 2 words that don't go together and the only reason he never left the Mancs sooner is because none of the big teams ever wanted him.

Yep, pretty much.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #3983: Jul 10, 2017 12:35:58 am
      Yet became record goal scorer in the history of Manchester United FC. I'll take his none performances in many of his games with stats like that.

He is also top scorer for England, but look at the teams those goals have come against. He has never performed on the biggest stage when the challenge requires passion, skill and commitment.

To me, he has blagged his way through his career. Fair do's to him for that though!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3984: Jul 10, 2017 09:04:36 am
      He is also top scorer for England, but look at the teams those goals have come against. He has never performed on the biggest stage when the challenge requires passion, skill and commitment.

To me, he has blagged his way through his career. Fair do's to him for that though!

He's certainly performed at United. Some truth in what you say about England though. However, let's be honest here, England been sh*te for donkeys years now and can only win friendly matches.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3985: Jul 10, 2017 09:56:56 am
      Actually got a lot of respect for Rooney, proper workin class lad who went right to the very top and always seemed to retain his roots and passion.

He'll be sh*te for the bitters though, well past it.

Yeah know where you're coming from.  He is a long way past his best IMO too and if he's Everton's best player next season then it's likely that they won't have progressed.

I remember us getting Fowler back (same age as the blues have got Rooney) and it wasn't the same, however the difference was that we had the best years of Fowler although Rooney will be remembered in football as being Man Utd.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3986: Jul 10, 2017 11:46:00 am
      I've read/heard that fee is undisclosed and United paid 15 million towards wages. Obviously don't know if it's true.

Cam't remember where but I definitely read that same thing mate.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3987: Jul 10, 2017 11:55:51 am
      Cam't remember where but I definitely read that same thing mate.
      I think they had to pay it because his contract was not up and he went on a free. Says a lot when they would give a player away and pay part of his wages. It is not sentiment, Everton got a player who is at about their level and as much as I hate to admit it, Rooney is not good enough for united and Jose knows it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3988: Jul 10, 2017 11:59:38 am
      Rooney will always be a legend in my eyes no matter what he does for Everton. There's a lot to be said for staying loyal in the Premiership and not be tempted to play for the likes of Real Madrid, Bareclona etc etc. He's gone back to his childhood favourite team and has had a great career in football. Will miss the lad very much at Old Trafford but hope he ends his swan song years well at Everton.
      Rooney wanted to leave in 2013, then United made him the highest paid player in the league. He was loyal to his bank.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3989: Jul 10, 2017 12:10:42 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3990: Jul 10, 2017 12:18:46 pm
      Rooney wanted to leave in 2013, then United made him the highest paid player in the league. He was loyal to his bank.

Nothing wrong with a working class lad trying to get the best deal he can. Think most of us in same situation would do the same. You have to remember from a players prospective it's work. Presuming you work or did work and your company offer you £35,000 a year. A offer then comes along doing the same job for £50,000 a year with another firm. Which one you going to take?  It's a no brainer when you look at it  objectively
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,394 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3991: Jul 10, 2017 12:31:38 pm
      Rooney taking a paycut must mean coleen cutting back on the number of holidays she takes to about 20 a year
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,394 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3992: Jul 10, 2017 12:37:00 pm
      Jim 'sh*te' white apparently has said after talking to the man from iran he has news on everton that will make. Jaws drop, mmm, let me guess hezbollah will wear blue from august, everton hijabs ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3993: Jul 10, 2017 01:00:11 pm

He left the club he supported as a kid to join a club detested by many in his home city.
       Gave the best years of his career to that club and when the good days were no more was used as a makeweight ironically enough, to lure Everton's best player to the club still detested by so many in Liverpool.

The F***ing eejits are welcoming the mercenary back with open arms after him taking the piss for 13 years, taking the piss to previously unseen levels such as kissing the badge when scoring against the bitters.

Unmatched F***ing eejits. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3994: Jul 11, 2017 08:16:38 am
      He left the club he supported as a kid to join a club detested by many in his home city.
       Gave the best years of his career to that club and when the good days were no more was used as a makeweight ironically enough, to lure Everton's best player to the club still detested by so many in Liverpool.

The f**king eejits are welcoming the mercenary back with open arms after him taking the piss for 13 years, taking the piss to previously unseen levels such as kissing the badge when scoring against the bitters.

Unmatched f**king eejits. 

I agree with every word you say stuey,the tw*t couldn't jump ship quick enough when Ferguson came a calling.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3995: Jul 11, 2017 09:03:34 am
      But he did wear Everton pyjamas for the last 13 years.

That was probably to please the old granny.

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2017 09:30:50 am by Billy1 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3996: Jul 11, 2017 09:40:26 am
                   That was probably to please the old granny.

Hahaha cracker Billy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3997: Jul 11, 2017 09:57:55 am

I suppose that was one occasion we could believe the media and after all he did learn his trade under Ferguson and Manure.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3998: Jul 11, 2017 12:50:27 pm
      https://twitter.com/Oddschecker/status/884738485466398720

Erm... not sure what to say about that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,258 posts | 6365 
      Reply #3999: Jul 11, 2017 12:51:54 pm
      Say what you want about their club and their targets (no seriously, do it) but you have to admit, they aren't afraid to spend money it seems. Something we seem allergic to.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4000: Jul 11, 2017 02:57:08 pm

I've copied & pasted a previous post of mine explaining what you think is greed.

Nothing wrong with a working class lad trying to get the best deal he can. Think most of us in same situation would do the same. You have to remember from a players prospective it's work. Presuming you work or did work and your company offer you £35,000 a year. A offer then comes along doing the same job for £50,000 a year with another firm. Which one you going to take?  It's a no brainer when you look at it  objectively.

Is that being greedy or getting your agent to get you the best deal possible??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4001: Jul 11, 2017 03:06:37 pm
      I've copied & pasted a previous post of mine explaining what you think is greed.

Nothing wrong with a working class lad trying to get the best deal he can. Think most of us in same situation would do the same. You have to remember from a players prospective it's work. Presuming you work or did work and your company offer you £35,000 a year. A offer then comes along doing the same job for £50,000 a year with another firm. Which one you going to take?  It's a no brainer when you look at it  objectively.

Is that being greedy or getting your agent to get you the best deal possible??

Gutted you let him go Keith but made up the bitters have got him.

Quick Reply