Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

King Kenny - Next Season

Read 5761 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: King Kenny - Next Season
      Reply #23: May 07, 2012 04:51:12 pm
      I want Kenny to stay and succeed , but we are all forgetting one person in this , his wife Marina.
      None of us are getting any younger and Marina has been through the trauma of cancer , believe me I know that that puts a different perspective on things. She will not let Kenny suffer health wise for the sake of the job.
      It's a tough job , the pressure on him is incredible , especially from the fans.
      This season has taken its toll on him , I hope whatever decision he comes to , he makes that decision for him and his family.
      He owes this club nothing ,we owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

Good post. +1
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #24: May 07, 2012 05:40:51 pm
      Despite Kenny having his critics this season in our own support and on this forum, IF the owners were to remove him in the summer, I have no doubt that the vast majority of our support, myself included would be very depressed and saddened at our King of our great club getting the punt 16 months into the job. I think it would create a massive downer on the club and who can forget how Kenny lifted the whole place when he took the job last season, pulled us up the league and got the Kop dreaming again.

Do I think he will step aside himself? As far as believeing his own ability then no, he is more than capable of delivering the good times as he has proven with a cup win and a cup final in his first full season in charge. As far as the stress of the job goes, it has been a tough season for all at LFC with the whole Suarez carry on and the King has changed from the relaxed always joking in interviews last season to defensive and stressed this half of this season.

I really hope he's going nowhere but IMO, it all comes down to if he thinks it's becoming too stressful or not.

I'll tell you one thing though. If he did leave and we didn't hit lucky with who the replacement was, it could easily be another 6 years till we make a cup final never mind win one eg Hodgson could have been in charge for a decade and we were never going to win anything, Kenny wins a trophy and gets to the final of another in his first full season.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #25: May 07, 2012 07:01:56 pm
      Heart says he'll still be here next season , unfortunately my head says he'll be gone.

I will sadly agree with this. Can see him definitely stepping aside by next summer (unless we have a great season next year) as maybe a director or whatever, would LOVE for Mourinho to come to anfield as ive heard he wants to come back to england and wants 'a challenge' an he always says he admires Liverpool.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #26: May 07, 2012 07:09:03 pm
      I didn't believe FSG (or NESV as I think they were then) would turn to my footballing hero and deep down I never thought they'd offer him it full time and a 3yr contract.

BUT

They did - and the least we all owe him is one of those two years (for those in doubt I will never, ever call for Kenny's head).

IKKWT
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: May 07, 2012 07:11:42 pm
      I'd like to see Kenny sell Downing this summer for around £12m and Adam for £4-5m.  That gives us around £16m to find a quality winger which we are crying out for and make up for the mistakes last summer. My worry about Kenny is twofold; one, that he won't accept Downing, Adam etc... are not good enough and two, that he doesn't personally have the in depth knowledge of quality players abroad. If Kenny keeps his flops from this year then I think it's a bad signal that he can't accept where this season's failings have come from and is likely to repeat them.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #28: May 07, 2012 07:17:49 pm
      As Kenny said, "We will be back. I will be back. We are Liverpool.” .........and I for one believe that. So give your heads a little wobble and get behind our manager

Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #29: May 07, 2012 07:19:16 pm
      After Henry`s reaction don`t think he`ll be here next season tbh, at least not as a manager. Thought his future was depended on the final.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #30: May 07, 2012 07:22:14 pm
      After Henry`s reaction don`t think he`ll be here next season tbh, at least not as a manager. Thought his future was depended on the final.

Why, what was Henry's reaction??
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #31: May 07, 2012 07:28:29 pm
      I personally hope he stays but I'm not that sure he'll still be our manager next year. Think it depends on how much money the owners have to spend in the summer, If they have quite a bit of a kitty available then i think they will at least think about what they want to do. If they have limited funds then i don't see them sacking him to be honest.

Everything will come out soon enough, after getting rid of Camolli i'll assume he had a lot to do with how much we spent last season on very average players for now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32: May 07, 2012 07:37:42 pm
      THINK he will be in the Manager's role till January.

Its not the end of the season and not a good time to get in who would replace him but if we are not on track for the Four I believe that he will vacate the seat by mutual consent.
      They will make Kenny Director of Football and bring in someone like Lambert.

Or Mourinho.

The latter is about the only person we would accept or respect after Kenny methinks.
      FSG pulled a masterstroke to put Kenny in to unite the Trinity but made a rod for their own back. Who next?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #33: May 07, 2012 08:05:06 pm
      Kenny will be our manager next season ,pretty certain of that , Kenny lives and breathes the club ffs! The players need a shake up , FSG need to clarify with Kenny about transfer funds and their backing of him 100%.three signings would transform this squad ,let's hope it happens IKWT
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #34: May 07, 2012 09:38:23 pm
      I think he will be here, I remember where we were when kenny came in and I'm quite sure the owners will too. I'm also sure the owners sat down with kenny and commolli and gave them realistic targets for the season ahead. Commolli failed to deliver and is gone.
      I hope the owners see this season as I do, work in progress. The spine of the first team is world class, pepe, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, stevie, Suarez. Our youth system is starting to bear fruit. We have home grown squad players. We just need someone to explain to them what it means to pull on that red shirt. And who better than a true supporter with a proven track record.

I am sure the owners know this and I think kenny will be given to at least January.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #35: May 07, 2012 09:58:12 pm
      I am sure the owners know this and I think kenny will be given to at least January
      That"s putting pressure on straight away, i"m not advocating a 5yr plan like Houllier had but at least 18 months .
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #36: May 07, 2012 10:01:04 pm
      That"s putting pressure on straight away, i"m not advocating a 5yr plan like Houllier had but at least 18 months .

Problem is, Bigears, Kenny wasn't really their choice from the start. He was taken out of retirement. They gave him a lot of money last summer to buy players and most of those players have bombed. So their faith in Kenny will be even less.

I think the fact he was so long out of the game and the fact he wasn't really their choice means they won't give him as much time as they would give a manager they picked themselves on their own judgement.
      the nighfly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #37: May 07, 2012 10:12:42 pm
      Why, what was Henry's reaction??

From the photos that appeared online, JWH shook the hand of every player as they passed by him after the match.  When it was Kenny's turn, Henry didn't offer his hand and refused to make eye contact.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1542 
      Reply #38: May 07, 2012 10:14:46 pm
      I don't remember hearing Kenny's position relied on him winning the final, but John Henry's silence on his future could be a pointer. However, the journo who asked the question on Kenny's future just may have got the         ' F**k off you tw*t, I'm not discussing that with you'     look from John Henry, and then decided to create an issue where one didn't really exist. I personally think Kenny's future will be decided by what money he has available, who he targets and what he decides about the dead wood currently in his team. I'd like to see him given another season but fear that because his buys have mostly been bad ones, and that could be repeated, Henry and co may not trust his wisdom in the market. 
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #39: May 07, 2012 10:22:25 pm
      Kenny "upstairs" Rafa back in situ.
      the nighfly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #40: May 07, 2012 10:25:16 pm
      I think the fact he was so long out of the game and the fact he wasn't really their choice means they won't give him as much time as they would give a manager they picked themselves on their own judgement.

I'll say one thing -- if they decide Kenny isn't the right man for the job, and want to make a change right away, they better make sure they make the absolute right choice this time, and that it's someone who can turn the club around immediately.  Can you imagine what would happen if Kenny got sacked (or, more likely, "kicked upstairs") after the season, and their new hire still had the Reds only mid-table by January?  The supporter hostility would make Hodgson look like a fan favorite by comparison...and might even have Henry and Werner viewed at the same level as the previous American owners.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #41: May 07, 2012 10:44:01 pm
      the only man i'd have on the job is maybe Rafa, screw the idea of Paul Lambert that will just complete our transformation into mid table club. but if Kenny is not in charge next year I will be very surprised given what he has done for the club in such a short amount of time, and throughout his years. he deserves this chance to build a dynasty and I believe the owners know the club well enough by now to know they can't kick him out after two finals in his first year.
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #42: May 07, 2012 11:14:10 pm
      Problem is, Bigears, Kenny wasn't really their choice from the start. He was taken out of retirement. They gave him a lot of money last summer to buy players and most of those players have bombed. So their faith in Kenny will be even less.

The way I see it, FSG blame Comolli for the AMOUNT of money spent, not Kenny. No wonder Comolli is gone, because we were supposed to get players for a good price, which he didn't. There wouldn't be that much discussion or outrage about Kenny's signings flopping if they had costed much less and that was not Kenny's fault. Comolli was supposed to get them on the cheap.

I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but sometimes I look at Comolli's sacking and think it actually protected Kenny. It was like the owners were saying to Kenny: Alright, we blame HIM for the bad business. Now here's your chance to do a better job next time the window opens.

Hopefully that's not just me dreaming about. I really want the King here next season.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #43: May 08, 2012 12:23:30 am
      They will make Kenny Director of Football and bring in someone like Lambert.

Or Mourinho.

The latter is about the only person we would accept or respect after Kenny methinks.

Re: the bold part, I wouldn't accept or respect Mourinho coming here :f_steam: , and I don't think I'm alone. He's a big winner, but he's a despicable person and I would hate to see him wearing our colors. I'd rather take a different successful manager that I would respect a lot more (Ancelotti, Guardiola, Villas-Boas, etc. and of course Benitez).
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #44: May 08, 2012 12:27:59 am
      King Kenny Dalglish or Paul Lambert?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #45: May 08, 2012 12:34:14 am

I personally think that Kenny was given the job to silence us , we needed stability and we got it. We got silverware and 3 trips to Wembley, so they should have some respect for the man and give him time. Kenny needs time .

Quick Reply