Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see as the new Vice Captain (if JC retires)

Martin Skrtel
      8 (16.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (4.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      17 (35.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      3 (6.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      17 (35.4%)
      Someone else (state who in thread)
      1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

New Vice Captain?

Read 6057 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Re: New Vice Captain?
      Reply #69: May 10, 2012 01:19:34 pm
      Unless he retires, we won't need or have (in my opinion) a new vice captain therefore next season our vice captain will remain Jamie Carragher.

Shouldn't in my opinion, he's finished as a first team starter and all he ever does is F***ing scream at people, it's why I don't think he should start either, would rather have the calmness of Agger and Skrtel at centre-backs.

That's why a new Vice-captain is needed.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #70: May 10, 2012 03:21:09 pm
      Shouldn't in my opinion, he's finished as a first team starter and all he ever does is F***ing scream at people, it's why I don't think he should start either, would rather have the calmness of Agger and Skrtel at centre-backs.

That's why a new Vice-captain is needed.

I know mate but I still think he will be vice captain come next year if he hasn't retired - which I doubt he will given he's just two appearances short of the 700 mark.

He may be given some sort of coaching role at the club which might take the vice captaincy off him but again I doubt it.

So, in my opinion, Carra will remain as vice captain though he'll probably captain us less than say Pepe next year in Stevie's absence due to not being selected in the first place.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #71: May 10, 2012 03:27:36 pm
      I went for Agger.

I'm not a big fan of having a goalkeeper as a captain, and I think Agger could be a very good captain.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #72: May 10, 2012 03:48:44 pm
      Andy Caroll for me!
      Thrust him into the limelight and give him some responsibility. Similar to what Huillier did with Gerrard.
      Do wonders for his confidence.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #73: May 10, 2012 04:07:34 pm
      Don't get where the Carroll and Suarez shouts aer coming from. Don't think either would be the best choices. No one can beat Daggerrrr.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #74: May 10, 2012 04:11:36 pm
      Don't get where the Carroll and Suarez shouts aer coming from. Don't think either would be the best choices. No one can beat Daggerrrr.

Suarez captained Ajax so I can see where it came from but I wouldn't choose him.

The only thing that would stop Agger is his injuries.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #75: May 10, 2012 05:39:57 pm
      Suarez captained Ajax so I can see where it came from but I wouldn't choose him.

The only thing that would stop Agger is his injuries.

I mean after this season's racial nonsense. After all that, there is no chance in hell I would make him captain (not saying I believe Evra or anything like that, so please don't turn it into that type of debate).
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #76: May 10, 2012 09:21:46 pm
      I mean after this season's racial nonsense. After all that, there is no chance in hell I would make him captain (not saying I believe Evra or anything like that, so please don't turn it into that type of debate).

I wouldn't have him as captain/vice captain either but not to do with the Evra nonsense.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #77: May 11, 2012 12:51:39 am
      Went for Reina, I think he's been at the club many years, his head has dropped a bit this season and it might give him a bit more confidence if he's the vice captain. He's been captain quite a lot in the games Gerrard and Carra haven't played this season i think, although i might be wrong. I do think the role of the captain is over-exaggerated though.

Quick Reply