Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Key changes to Liverpoolfc.tv

Read 2912 times
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 589 posts | 28 
      Key changes to Liverpoolfc.tv
      May 20, 2012 12:03:07 pm
      Here's hoping they allow free access to the content that they're broadcasting for free on the TV channel.

A step in the right direction in terms of creating a stable, global website.

Over the course of the next two months the LFC technology team will be making our biggest website changes since Liverpoolfc.tv was relaunched in December 2010.

The key changes are:

* New database (May 19-23)

* New registration system (May 19-23)

* New hosting platform (w/c June 18)

* Domain move from liverpoolfc.tv to liverpoolfc.com (w/c June 18)

The end result of these changes will be a quicker and more resilient website for our millions of fans.

This weekend the first set of the changes are going live and during this time there will be some disruption to interactive areas of the website. We will also not be able to update the website as often as normal.

During this disruption we will let you know any updates on a special LFC blog.

We will use this blog for any breaking news along with technical updates (letting you know what is up and what is down).

We appreciate your patience during this time. While such enormous changes are bound to bring a few teething problems, we strongly believe this will provide us with a significantly improved platform for years to come.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Key changes to Liverpoolfc.tv
      Reply #1: May 20, 2012 01:46:06 pm
      About time.

The poxy website has always been light years behind some of the other clubs  (i.e. not multi lingual for one thing) ........and who on Parry's watch decided to register the domain on .TV (Tuvalu) .....  was a head case.

The "Worlds Most Prestigous Football Club"   they are promoting this summer  is OK if you speak English.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2012 02:03:17 pm by eurored »
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #2: May 20, 2012 02:01:59 pm
      I prefer our website to other club websites that look cheap and horrible
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: May 20, 2012 02:13:40 pm
      I prefer our website to other club websites that look cheap and horrible

Five Languages : http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Home.htm

Five Languages :  http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/start/index.php

Nine Languages : http://www.acmilan.com/

Seven Languages  :    Scum

Why didnt Hicks and Gillett do something about spending money to promote ourselves in to other markets instead of giving a 50 million favour to their mates at the Dallas architects office.

FSG      Pull your finger out. This has nothing to do with the managers job .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: May 20, 2012 02:25:48 pm

For some reason, I think this was in place before we needed a new manager.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #5: May 20, 2012 02:47:56 pm
      I really like Citeh's webpage, looks good design-wise and every player has his own page with related content, videos etc. It's only in english and arabic though.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #6: May 20, 2012 02:58:50 pm
      Five Languages : http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Home.htm

Five Languages :  http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/start/index.php

Nine Languages : http://www.acmilan.com/

Seven Languages  :    Scum

Why didnt Hicks and Gillett do something about spending money to promote ourselves in to other markets instead of giving a 50 million favour to their mates at the Dallas architects office.

Good point, Eurored. It all just points to the amateurish way our club has been run for so long. Always behind our rivals.  Moores and Parry were useless.

Even the LFC channel isn't as good as it could be. I remember the Real Madrid tv channel when it was free and the studios were much bigger and better looking.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #7: May 20, 2012 04:51:07 pm
      Our website definitely needs sorting.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #8: May 20, 2012 04:59:06 pm

The poxy website has always been light years behind some of the other clubs  (i.e. not multi lingual for one thing) ........and who on Parry's watch decided to register the domain on .TV (Tuvalu) .....  was a head case.

They've owned the .com since 1998 and the .com forwards to the .tv, so it doesn't make any difference really.

What does boggle the mind is that lfc.com is a parked domain that they haven't bought.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: May 20, 2012 05:02:56 pm
      They want to sort their app out as well, it's £2.99 and it's still got that torres fella as a player.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: May 20, 2012 05:04:43 pm
      They've owned the .com since 1998 and the .com forwards to the .tv, so it doesn't make any difference really.

What does boggle the mind is that lfc.com is a parked domain that they haven't bought.

Buy it, I'll chip in. ;D

In all seriousness I bet whoever's got it registered wants a fortune. There's a company in China called LFC as well, they'd probably want it too.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #11: May 20, 2012 05:19:30 pm
      Just discovered liverpoolfc.asia is unregistered... Seems strange after last pre-season and the big push in Asia at the start of the year.

Unfortunately I couldn't rip off my beloved club to make a few quid. 12 quid to buy it...
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #12: May 21, 2012 01:24:10 pm
      They need to sort the dated ticketing system more than the site, to be honest.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #13: May 21, 2012 04:09:17 pm
      Wondered if it is worth subscribing to at £2.99 per month, any advice please.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: May 21, 2012 04:10:53 pm
      Wondered if it is worth subscribing to at £2.99 per month, any advice please.

If you've Sky, just watch LFC.tv when you have time.
      In other words. No.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #15: May 21, 2012 04:13:08 pm
      Thanks mate, Don't think I'll bother
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: May 21, 2012 04:14:37 pm
      Thanks mate, Don't think I'll bother

Any good videos will just be shown on LFCtv anyway, everyday, on Most Wanted.
      Bier
      Reply #17: May 21, 2012 04:20:40 pm
      About time.

The "Worlds Most Prestigous Football Club"   they are promoting this summer  is OK if you speak English.

I hadn't even noticed that! That is pretty bad yeah. Even Dutch clubs have multilingual sites.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #18: May 21, 2012 05:55:54 pm
      Can't post on there now.  :roll: They had better hurry up with the updates.

Quick Reply