Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Some good news! LFC is the world's 7th most valuable football brand, up 47%!

Read 4747 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Some good news! LFC is the world's 7th most valuable football brand, up 47%!
      May 23, 2012 03:50:50 am
      The Brand Finance Football 50 finds Liverpool Football Club as the #7 most valuable football brand in the world, with a 47% rise in value! :scarf: If we can get a good staff put together in the coming days, make a couple of astute signings, and get some improvement on the pitch, we should be even higher next year! 

The article: http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1811/title=manchester+united+remain+world%26%23039%3Bs+most+valuable+football+brand

And I found a chart where you can look at this year's rankings and all previous rankings. Change the year filter at the top of the chart. Methodology is on a separate page. http://brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/top-50-football-club-brands-2012

Here's a reference I put together for Liverpool:
      Year / Rank / Value
      2012 / 7 / $367M  ;D :gt-happyup:
      2011/ 9 / $250M
      2010/ 9 / $218M
      2009/ 8 / $224M

More money = better players = titles! Let's go!  :action-smiley-035:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Some good news! LFC is the world's 7th most valuable football brand, up 47%!
      Reply #1: May 23, 2012 06:44:46 am
      If FSG sold us now they'd make a tidy profit.
      That's a big jump in one year.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Some good news! LFC is the world's 7th most valuable football brand, up 47%!
      Reply #2: May 23, 2012 07:10:04 am
      Good news indeed and I have every faith in FSG to maximise our commercial revenue off the field. They just need to make some very VERY big decisions with regards to the football side now or they will struggle to improve much further.
      As I've said in other threads, we all know that FSG want to build us up and eventually sell on and I'm fine with that, as long as they do a good job of buidling us up. It's win win.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3964 
      Reply #3: May 23, 2012 07:44:55 am
      Good news indeed and I have every faith in FSG to maximise our commercial revenue off the field. They just need to make some very VERY big decisions with regards to the football side now or they will struggle to improve much further.
      As I've said in other threads, we all know that FSG want to build us up and eventually sell on and I'm fine with that, as long as they do a good job of buidling us up. It's win win.
      Spot on Rep, it does seem perverse that even tho' the 'brand' is an almost self perpetuating money machine the owners who we were told were financially astute and thoroughly kosher, are not ploughing money into a guaranteed payback.
      In the short term in a commercial sense, some modest investment would at least double the return and over a longer time scale, the sky's  the limit!!
      If the Citeh scenario were to transpire in respect of LFC who would bet against us achieving the same result? Who would bet against us improving on the result?
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #4: May 23, 2012 09:01:52 am
      Imagine what a 60,000+ stadium would do to our value, i am sure we would be much higher up the list.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5: May 23, 2012 09:10:06 am
      I'll get my Tee Shirt printed up now  8)

Maybe we should change that poll.. Do you want to win a trophy or get into the top 5 most valuable brand list..  >:D

In all seriousness it shows that the work behind the scenes has been going well.. Well done to everyone at the club involved in that work.

Now spend some of it on players  :angel:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: May 23, 2012 09:40:04 am
      I'll get my Tee Shirt printed up now

:lmao:

Just in time for the open top bus parade. Phew.

But yeah, joking aside, our brand is up 47% whoo-hoo way to go team finance. Liverpool for the win.   :-\
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2012 10:10:59 am by bad boy bubby »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: May 23, 2012 09:52:00 am
      I'll get my Tee Shirt printed up now  8)

Maybe we should change that poll.. Do you want to win a trophy or get into the top 5 most valuable brand list..  >:D

In all seriousness it shows that the work behind the scenes has been going well.. Well done to everyone at the club involved in that work.

Now spend some of it on players  :angel:

;D

Seen this the other day but the one I looked at had us at 8th. The lists also don't take into account debt so we're a lot closer to the others above us and have a good chance of surpassing them in 5 years or so.

Obviously success and solidarity dependant.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: May 23, 2012 10:07:47 am
      Brand?

Corn Flakes are a Brand.

What a crock of sh*t. When you see some of the teams listed you know it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Everton number 23, come on! They only have "local" fans.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: May 23, 2012 10:13:43 am
      If FSG sold us now they'd make a tidy profit.
      That's a big jump in one year.
      racer you will probably find that FSG owns The Brand Finance Football 50 and it is part of the master plan to increase the value of the club and hock it off.I have no proof of this but it is one way of passing the time till we get Rafa I mean a new manager.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10: May 23, 2012 10:15:14 am
      Brand?

Corn Flakes are a Brand.

What a crock of sh*t. When you see some of the teams listed you know it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

And not many of them either Red Puppy.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: May 23, 2012 10:27:32 am
      Are neverton even 23rd in this country?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #12: May 23, 2012 11:10:23 am
      why does this matter a jot.it matters to the owners because if someone came along and offered them £500mil they would be off.
      We only used to care about 11 players on the field its more like supporting a cast of a Soap Opera at the moment.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #13: May 24, 2012 02:34:39 am
      why does this matter a jot.it matters to the owners because if someone came along and offered them £500mil they would be off.
      We only used to care about 11 players on the field its more like supporting a cast of a Soap Opera at the moment.
      lighten up dude, even a bit of good news about our club and we hear negative sh*t. Jesus
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #14: May 24, 2012 02:47:01 am
      lighten up dude, even a bit of good news about our club and we hear negative sh*t. Jesus

Walton's been telling us all how the sky is falling for the last few days..... just ignore it mate :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: May 24, 2012 11:06:31 am
      Thanks Sox.

Positive Post Mate.   
      LFCexiled
      Reply #16: May 24, 2012 11:13:35 am
      7th now but soon this will be us.....

MUHAHAHAH!!
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #17: May 24, 2012 10:07:54 pm
      #7 best brand football club and we are looking at Roberto Martinez for manager?

Is that right?
      ForPridenot$
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #18: May 25, 2012 04:24:49 pm
      Brand?

Corn Flakes are a Brand.

Exactly. The concept of us being called a "brand" is nothing short of obscene. Imagine if Hicks started off saying that.

People need to think what these terms actually mean.

Either its Liverpool Football CLUB or Liverpool Saccer "Brand".
      Personally, I don't punch their air in delight when I hear Tesco is "top 7 in retail brands". Even if I've got a load of shares.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #19: May 25, 2012 09:42:03 pm
      Exactly. The concept of us being called a "brand" is nothing short of obscene. Imagine if Hicks started off saying that.

People need to think what these terms actually mean.

Either its Liverpool Football CLUB or Liverpool Saccer "Brand".
      Personally, I don't punch their air in delight when I hear Tesco is "top 7 in retail brands". Even if I've got a load of shares.

Your absolutely spot on

20m/yr Standard Charter
      25m/yr Warrior
      150m (est.) Stadia naming rights partner

Fck these guys for worrying about image (brand) they can take their money and shove it up their arse, we are the biggest club in the world and don't need money!
      ste1986
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #20: May 30, 2012 10:58:22 pm
      we need to do more in Asia. that is where UTD have the edge and City/Chelsea will be going after it

Quick Reply