Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085982 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17388: Sep 12, 2014 11:50:48 am
      RE: Brendan Rodgers managing England.............

Anyone who thinks the English FA will ever appoint an Irishman as manager of the England team are deluded. He could win 1o championships and 19 champions leagues in the next 10 years and it still wouldn't happen

I hope, they hold the same mentality because I want Rodgers here for many years!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #17389: Sep 12, 2014 12:02:22 pm
      Well Shanks and old Bob didnt do to bad didnt see them courting the job , just saying like , you can achieve greatness without that type of job.

Very true. The England manager job is a poisoned chalice imo. It's been occupied by average managers over the past 15 years apart from Capello and Erikson, who the FA had to pay huge sums to acquire.

Some of the best managers in the game didn't go for that job. Shanks and Bob being excellent examples, Joe Fagan, the great Tom Watson, that noob from old toilet, Clough, Stein, Busby to name but a few. All achieved greatness without that job.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #17390: Sep 12, 2014 01:13:07 pm
      Reckon if BR intended to manage England he'd prefer to do it successfully and not just to practically be ritired from competitive football managing and rest on the FA's decent pension, visiting around stadiums and watching the work of other managers from a vip seat with his only worry being not to crease his trench coat.

In ten years time as Hollywood Balls puts it and when he hopefully will have won everything with the club and have been through certain procedures,acquire experiences only in a top club can be acquired, being worshiped by the fans or critisized, turned  gifted youngsters into consumate footballers as he is so good at (fairly good deal of talent worlwide goes to waste almost every day due to managing incompetence) made his name synonym with Lfc and done so many other things that cannot be done in national team football level, then lets let him feel free to explore some new fields in his managerial career and wish him luck.

Judging from the little we know about his way of thinking the whole verbose speculating over this issue should be considered pointless. BR has so far proved himself a lot more industrious than this.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17391: Sep 12, 2014 04:58:10 pm
      The England job is two things, a swan song and a poison chalice. Both of which Brendan neither needs nor wants.

If he decided to move elsewhere may I suggest a good retirement home.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #17392: Sep 12, 2014 05:36:46 pm
      Not sure if Brendan would be at all comfortable singing God Save The Queen - isn't he Catholic?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17393: Sep 12, 2014 05:44:46 pm
      Not sure if Brendan would be at all comfortable singing God Save The Queen - isn't he Catholic?

Is anyone comfortable singing it? :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17394: Sep 12, 2014 06:15:14 pm
      It's the most annoying anthem I've ever heard. Sounds awkward, too.

Just as a side note...New Zealand's is brilliant though!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17395: Sep 12, 2014 06:16:20 pm
      It's the most annoying anthem I've ever heard. Sounds awkward, too.

Exactly!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17396: Sep 12, 2014 09:43:35 pm
      Wish our anthem was Jerusalem.
      Such a rousing hymn
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17397: Sep 12, 2014 10:40:05 pm
      Such a rousing hymn

A really beautiful song. Patriotic without being needlessly theatrical. I also wish Loch Lomond was the Scottish national anthem and not the dreadful Flower of Scotland.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #17398: Sep 12, 2014 10:47:45 pm
      Such a rousing hymn

No, no, no, no and get it yourself.

(The answer to each of the questions posed  ;D )
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #17399: Sep 12, 2014 11:07:03 pm

I know it's not the point you're making mate but I think it's stupid when foreign coaches sing the national anthem of countries that they aren't from anyway.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17400: Sep 13, 2014 12:20:31 am
      No, no, no, no and get it yourself.

(The answer to each of the questions posed  ;D )

Don't understand the post? Sure i am missing the joke!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17401: Sep 13, 2014 12:32:13 am
      I heard a comment on the radio this morning saying that England can't be expected to give individual players their own training regime. Why the F**k not?  There's a reason their clubs do it and that's the reason it should be adhered to.

As far as I'm concerned if England don't adhere to club policy as regards clubs players whilst they 'borrow' a very expensive commodity then they don't get it again.

If I lent my neighbour a drill and the c**t brought it back with the plug missing he'd get F**k all of me ever again.

Having said that if me neighbour was an owl I'd lend him F**k all anyhoo. ;D

The right training program is the right training program,
      regardless of whether or not Roy apologists agree or not.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #17402: Sep 13, 2014 03:46:07 am
      Is anyone comfortable singing it? :D

It's a dull tune - no wonder England look uninspired when playing. I'm certain that if our Olympians were to sing it before competing in 2012, Britain wouldn't have taken many golds.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17403: Sep 13, 2014 08:38:58 am
      I heard a comment on the radio this morning saying that England can't be expected to give individual players their own training regime. Why the f**k not?  There's a reason their clubs do it and that's the reason it should be adhered to.

As far as I'm concerned if England don't adhere to club policy as regards clubs players whilst they 'borrow' a very expensive commodity then they don't get it again.

If I lent my neighbour a drill and the c**t brought it back with the plug missing he'd get f**k all of me ever again.

Having said that if me neighbour was an owl I'd lend him f**k all anyhoo. ;D

Exactly correct,  and perhaps another reason why Engerlund will never progress beyond qualifying for major tourneys, the fa influence on any Engerlund management including training staff will continue to hamper the development of the national side, the word dinosaur is very prevalent here,

The very fact that they don't intend to listen to clubs instructions regarding players speaks volumes,

I agree,  players should be withdrawn from international duty if fa training staff don't adhere to clubs specific instructions,  simples.!

YNWA

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17404: Sep 14, 2014 11:22:48 am
      Felt he got it wrong yesterday.

I would have stuck to the diamond no doubt and took it right to Villa. The argument is there that Raheem is only 19 and will need resting and I agree but yesterday wasn't the time to do it for me. We have and have had injuries and we needed him in his best position yesterday. The rest should have been delayed until we could afford the luxury.

The only reasons I can see for us changing the system was that we shown Villa too much respect or the injuries with the manager not trusting to play Lucas where Allen has been playing.

Hendo next to Stevie in a deep lying two really shouldn't happen, only owls should do that.

My main and probably only concerns about the manager at this moment is his inability to get the centre of defence organised. I think he has spent the best part of £40 million on central defence and to be polite, it looks shambolic when set pieces are put anywhere near it. For all his discrepancies I'm hoping to see Skrtel back in it now.

Bad day at the office. Hopefully.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17405: Sep 14, 2014 11:49:00 am

How are you not a pundit?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #17406: Sep 14, 2014 12:05:27 pm

Stop being a pr**k
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17407: Sep 14, 2014 12:15:36 pm

Well done for getting there before he deleted the post.

You're pissing into the wind though. Like asking a kangaroo not to hop.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17408: Sep 14, 2014 12:47:02 pm

I would have stuck to the diamond no doubt and took it right to Villa. The argument is there that Raheem is only 19 and will need resting and I agree but yesterday wasn't the time to do it for me. We have and have had injuries and we needed him in his best position yesterday. The rest should have been delayed until we could afford the luxury.

The only reasons I can see for us changing the system was that we shown Villa too much respect or the injuries with the manager not trusting to play Lucas where Allen has been playing.

Hendo next to Stevie in a deep lying two really shouldn't happen, only owls should do that.

My main and probably only concerns about the manager at this moment is his inability to get the centre of defence organised. I think he has spent the best part of £40 million on central defence and to be polite, it looks shambolic when set pieces are put anywhere near it. For all his discrepancies I'm hoping to see Skrtel back in it now.

Bad day at the office. Hopefully.

Good post Dave. I think it's clear he "got it wrong" as we lost the game and in truth never looked like winning it, but as far as the Sterling issue is concerned I think I can understand why he did it. He more than likely wanted to give starts to both Lalana and Markovic, and at the same time bring Coutinho back into the fold. Too many changes/debutants in one go? S@int called it and he is probably right.

Probably a bigger problem for me though than Sterling not playing was how adversely the adaption of essentially a 4-5-1 formation impacted on our fluency. The rampaging Moreno from the previous week was transformed into a stuttering should I stay or should I go full back, while Manquilo looked as if he had no clue whatsoever what was going on when going forward. The issue was Lalana on the left and Markovic on the right taking up the space these guys would normally run into, with Markovic in particular being reluctant to come inside and free up any space.

Henderson sitting alongside Gerrard was as you say a disaster, offering neither defensive stability nor any attacking intent. As I've said before I feel in these situations where often both Weiman and Agbonlahor were marking Gerrard, Henderson has to do more with his passing, take much more responsibility and use the space he is inevitably given.

I would like to have seen us be bolder too, play Sterling up top with Balotelli. The big Italian also has to do much better than he did yesterday, although were it not for some very poor refereeing he would have got Senderos sent off (will the FA review that violent kick off the ball? They surely will). From there I'd have sat Gerrard in as normal, and narrowed up the midfield through Lalana and Henderson (no Markovic), with Coutinho in the 10. All this would have allowed us to get our two fullbacks into the game at pace, to stretch it out a bit.

Equally, while we're talking responsibility I'd like to see Dejan Lovren carry the ball a little more when his outball is limited. He has the ability and the mere fact that he may be about to consider it would make it far more difficult for the opposition to sit on Gerrard.

All in all it was a flat and tired performance, where we allowed the zest of the Villa midfielders to completely stifle our play. A little more composure on the ball, a little more bravery in possession was what was needed. Hopefully we'll learn from it and move on. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #17409: Sep 14, 2014 01:13:42 pm
      Think we need to show more patience with the Boss this season than last, plenty new faces that need time adapting to a new system, team & league, yes these players were bought that would slot right into the set up but not always do things go to plan.

Maybe we were spoilt last season & now the expectations are greater?.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17410: Sep 14, 2014 01:17:18 pm
      Senderson was most definitely out there with the instruction to get the reaction from Balotelli the sh*te media claim is inherent in the player, credit to Mario for not being provoked but more to the point why wasn't the F***ing snide Senderson shown a red?

Quick Reply