Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085922 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #19895: Nov 10, 2014 09:51:42 am
      It's clear the club isn't offering the wages to entice established players to come to the club.
      Look at Liverpool and Dortmund this season. Eventually the gambles on players stop paying off,
      because every time you find a great player other clubs come in and take them putting you back
      to square one.

It is an investment process with diminishing returns in respect of the quality of player you are left with.
      We must have paid at last 30-40% more than we should have for players this summer. Lovren is just a joke when you think Agger was ditched.
      Sakho,Toure and Lovren really in excess of £40million and that includes a free transfer.if a new manager comes in he will want a huge clear out. I blame FSG and their arrogance in thinking they new better than anyone else in football how to build a team that had value to it,
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19896: Nov 10, 2014 09:54:27 am
      Correct Dave.

Not in a clique and the conspiracy theory 'Belly has cooked up just makes me thankful I've still got him on ignore, utter tripe.

As an aside ....it worked Luke .  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19897: Nov 10, 2014 09:56:25 am
      His interview confirms our season hinges on a fit Sturridge

F**k.

Did we think anything else Racer ?
      Nope.

Bereft is a word that comes to mind.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #19898: Nov 10, 2014 09:59:26 am
      http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=46104#undefined
      87 league games in 5 seasons .Maybe we need two strikers and just look at the games Daniel play as a gift.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #19899: Nov 10, 2014 10:10:31 am
      out of a possible 65(approx. since jan 13) league games he has played in 40. As good as he is and he is very very good he is injury prone.

The manager knew this when we got him and that was the very reason Chelsea let him go for £12m, BR maybe thought that the physio could sort it, an alternative coaching regime or lightening the load on his shoulders as our only proven striker.
      A like for like skill-wise replacement striker was the remaining solution when the physio and different coaching methods drew a blank; considering the lad was £12m and something of a bargain if not a steal, shelling out some wedge for a sh*t hot poacher is a no-brainer.
      The manager knows this, the supporters know this and our rivals piss all over us because they take advantage of the fact that LFC is punching above it's weight and are a one man team.

You get what you pay for, or what you're not allowed to pay for.
      The opening premise excludes the match going, paying at the turnstile, heartbeat of the club supporters who are currently being cheated mercilessly by the [alleged] guardians of LFC.   
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19900: Nov 10, 2014 10:11:53 am
      It is an investment process with diminishing returns in respect of the quality of player you are left with.
      We must have paid at last 30-40% more than we should have for players this summer. Lovren is just a joke when you think Agger was ditched.
      Sakho,Toure and Lovren really in excess of £40million and that includes a free transfer.if a new manager comes in he will want a huge clear out. I blame FSG and their arrogance in thinking they new better than anyone else in football how to build a team that had value to it,

Yeah. Don't know why we haven't stayed committed to the youth system.
      Shows Brendan's commitment to it early on was by necessity rather than design because given his first chance his signings have been at odds with our supposed philosophy of bringing on talent.

I mean:
      If we were serious about getting youth players into the first team rather than just training them to sell them at profit then surely Ilori, Wisdom, Teixeira, Ibe have made a case for squad inclusion. Seems we've suddenly decided to ignore the technically gifted players and immediately rush through pacey signings.

If that's the case then you compare it to what we've done.

Ilori - Lovren
      Wisdom/McLaughlin - Manquillo
      Teixeira/Ibe - Markovic

Take that 40 million.
      Add it to the 20 million for Balotelli and Lambert.
      Buy some players with intelligent movement and pace.

60 million.

Instead:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #19901: Nov 10, 2014 10:12:43 am
      On one hand I can totally sympathise with Brendan as it is clear he wasn't able to bring in many players he has wanted during his time here. We wanted Micky, Costa and Willian here. We wanted Konoplyanka and Salah here. We wanted Alexis Sanchez here. These are top top players that would have made a difference here. Our owners needed to do more to support Brendan bring in the big names but they didn't.

On the other hand, Brendan has signed poorly even if some of the players were not his first choice. Are the scouts to blame? Or were these Brendan's second choice players anyway? And then we ignore his transfer making momentarily and focus on the tactics and decision making he is guilty of before and during a game. The midweek game imo was bigger than the Chelsea game. We already defeated ourselves against Madrid before the game even kicked off. To rub salt into the wounds of the fans and some of those players who did perform well against Madrid, we went back to playing complete rubbish like Lovren and Balotelli. These have been consistently our worst two players of the season. How are they automatic selections?

Brendan needs to go back to basics. He needs to evaluate the season up until now and consider his team selection based on form. He needs to put the price tag and profile of player aside, and just worry about who will have the greatest impact when they are on the pitch. Forget that Lovren cost £20m - he has been awful. Same with Markovic and Balotelli. Forget Steven Gerrard is the captain for a moment - what has he done for us this season? Or Jordan Henderson for that matter.

Right now only a handful of players would walk into a team selected by me: Toure, Moreno, Can, Coutinho, Sterling and Borini. Maybe Lallana too as he's shown glimpses of what he can do. The others, as far as I'm concerned, have been piss poor and deserve not to be representing the colours of this club.

Agree mate. There are a lot of players who are either not on form or not earning the shirt but still playing games. BR picks the teams and the players that wear the shirt are his choice, so the buck stops with him.

Not only is he picking the wrong players, I'm not seeing a clear strategy, recognisable tactics or even a plan B this seaon. Hoping to use Stevie's passing to set Sterling off on a swift attack isn't a tactic and yet that's what we've been doing.

BR is a top manager amd will be even better, but I tink he's showing his inexperience here. He needs to be bolder and make significant changes to the starting line-up as well as our tactics.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19902: Nov 10, 2014 10:16:38 am

Those statistics are an embarrassment  :f_wah:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19903: Nov 10, 2014 10:34:37 am
      Those statistics are an embarrassment  :f_wah:

In fairness (not something sky sports do well) the vast majority of them minutes fall at balotelli' feet, unlike the ball.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19904: Nov 10, 2014 10:36:03 am
      In fairness (not something sky sports do well) the vast majority of them minutes fall at balotelli' feet, unlike the ball.

There's the biggest problem.
      There is no genuine alternative to Balotelli.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19905: Nov 10, 2014 10:50:55 am
      Brendan claiming the lure of London is costing Liverpool.
      Last season it was the lure of Champion's League.

Look at City and United Brendan.
      You're fooling nobody.

The lure of pounds is king to modern day football.
      We aren't paying out enough to attract the top stars.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19906: Nov 10, 2014 10:51:33 am
      Well, I still back Rodgers. Yes, he's made mistakes but it doesn't mean that every time we go through a rough patch a new manager must come in. We've gone through managers recently like babies go through nappies. It hasn't helped us. It's about time the club and fans stick by one to see an end game of some sort, not at the first sign of a crisis, it isn't always wise to run for the hills.

However, Rodgers has got a fortnight to reflect on this awful start and work out a way to bounce back. He's got to start by playing two up front. Although he's got more talent in AM than he has up top, the persistence in playing like that hasn't paid off. He's got criticism and rightly so but he's now got to try and win over almost every body again, like he did last season  ;D and prove the naysayers and wider critics wrong. Does he have the ability to do this YES, IMO he does, especially where going forward is concerned. At the back, I'm not as sure but as long as he can get the team scoring more goals than they concede then that's fine by me. Big ask I know but I'll back him to get it right.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #19907: Nov 10, 2014 10:52:14 am

You're fooling nobody.

Rodgers is just trying to deflect the heat coming his way over the summer cock up over signing a top forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19908: Nov 10, 2014 10:54:31 am
      Rodgers is just trying to deflect the heat coming his way over the summer cock up over signing a top forward.

He must take fans for fools then.
      Big difference between not being able to replace Suarez and not even trying.
      That's inexcusable negligence.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #19909: Nov 10, 2014 10:56:15 am
      BR has bought these players for their potential and its for him to get the best out of them. Its not working at the moment but that does not mean it wont in the future so I think getting rid of BR are now would be a mistake.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #19910: Nov 10, 2014 11:03:19 am
      He must take fans for fools then.
      Big difference between not being able to replace Suarez and not even trying.
      That's inexcusable negligence.

It is insulting to the fans and people of Liverpool making out it is some little back water place.
      We had no problem in the past getting the likes of Torres, Xabi, Masch etc maybe its Rodgers who is not the big enough draw for the top players and they would rather play for Wenger and Maureen.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #19911: Nov 10, 2014 11:10:59 am

You're fooling nobody.

BR said that he prefer signing two high profile players than 7 average players in early May. Then we went onto do exactly opposite of what he said. I think he was restricted in the transfer window by some one at the top.

At the same time, if he said that we weren't offering enough money to Sanchez instead of his wife preferred London (i read that he don't even have a wife and his gf id living at Barca) he would be fired  immediately.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #19912: Nov 10, 2014 11:20:20 am
      There's the biggest problem.
      There is no genuine alternative to Balotelli.

Aye, giving Lambert a F***ing chance might be a start though eh mate?

666 pages in this thread now Brendan, let the evil commence.  >:D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19913: Nov 10, 2014 11:22:01 am
      Well, I still back Rodgers. Yes, he's made mistakes but it doesn't mean that every time we go through a rough patch a new manager must come in. We've gone through managers recently like babies go through nappies. It hasn't helped us. It's about time the club and fans stick by one to see an end game of some sort, not at the first sign of a crisis, it isn't always wise to run for the hills.

However, Rodgers has got a fortnight to reflect on this awful start and work out a way to bounce back. He's got to start by playing two up front. Although he's got more talent in AM than he has up top, the persistence in playing like that hasn't paid off. He's got criticism and rightly so but he's now got to try and win over almost every body again, like he did last season  ;D and prove the naysayers and wider critics wrong. Does he have the ability to do this YES, IMO he does, especially where going forward is concerned. At the back, I'm not as sure but as long as he can get the team scoring more goals than they concede then that's fine by me. Big ask I know but I'll back him to get it right.

I'm still backing Brendan too mate, but not with the same conviction as I felt only a few short weeks ago. For the first time I have started thinking about what would be a fair time limit for him to turn things around.... not got to the picking the next manager stage yet though :)

I think things look worse than they really are because we aren't scoring, get that sorted, get our confidence back and we are still close enough to the top 4 to easily bridge the gap. Get it wrong and we could be mid table or worse for some time.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19914: Nov 10, 2014 11:24:22 am
      Aye, giving Lambert a F***ing chance might be a start though eh mate?

666 pages in this thread now Brendan, let the evil commence.  >:D

He's not a different type of player though, is he?
      Another target man.
      Not somebody whose pace will get him onto the end of a Gerrard pass or Coutinho through ball.
      That's the F***ing point.

It's a big warning sign when the lad that best suits that option is one we desperately tried to offload in the summer.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #19915: Nov 10, 2014 11:36:55 am
      Never thought I would be shouting for Borini to start it really is that bad now
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #19916: Nov 10, 2014 11:44:16 am
      Time to make some big changes Brendan.

First, stop insisting on Skrtel and Lovren. It doesn't work. Drop one of them and put Kolo in.

Stop insisting on Glen Johnson.

Stop playing Gerrard as a DM.

Stop playing Balotelli on his own up front.

Play Coutinho in the middle for fucks sake.

Play Borini for fucks sake.

Swap an out of form Henderson for Lallana for fucks sake.

Put Lucas or Can in front of the back four and tighten up for fucks sake.

Getting fed up of seeing the same formation and team starting every week and watching a sh*te performance. Win, lose or draw those 11 players should come off the pitch knowing they gave it 100% and did everything they could for LFC. Who in our squad this season can look at themselves in the mirror and say they've given 100%. Get them F***ing fired up for fucks sake your playing for F***ing Liverpool now not Swansea or sunderland or F***ing Southampton.

Its Brendans job to get them pumped and have them pressing and closing everything down at a real electric pace. Just have a F***ing go and see what happens stop being so sh*t scared all the time.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19917: Nov 10, 2014 11:46:30 am
      Time to make some big changes Brendan.

First, stop insisting on Skrtel and Lovren. It doesn't work. Drop one of them and put Kolo in.

Stop insisting on Glen Johnson.

Stop playing Gerrard as a DM.

Stop playing Balotelli on his own up front.

Play Coutinho in the middle for fucks sake.

Play Borini for fucks sake.

Swap an out of form Henderson for Lallana for fucks sake.

Put Lucas or Can in front of the back four and tighten up for fucks sake.

Getting fed up of seeing the same formation and team starting every week and watching a sh*te performance. Win, lose or draw those 11 players should come off the pitch knowing they gave it 100% and did everything they could for LFC. Who in our squad this season can look at themselves in the mirror and say they've given 100%. Get them F***ing fired up for fucks sake your playing for F***ing Liverpool now not Swansea or sunderland or F***ing Southampton.

Its Brendans job to get them pumped and have them pressing and closing everything down at a real electric pace. Just have a F***ing go and see what happens stop being so sh*t scared all the time.

He's officially insane now, he doesn't learn by his mistakes.

Quick Reply