Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3060597 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #21206: Dec 01, 2014 12:35:08 pm
      if we can win tue and then beat sunderland and Basel i think all this BS crisis talks of Brendan maybe going will be squashed. we are still only 2 good results going our way from being back in the mix for a top 4. we need to beat the Mancs i reckon to take that spot off them.
      i think we will beat Liecester, Sunderland and basel and BR wil go on and get bloody gaffer of the month for Dec and sshh all the haters. #inbrendanwetrust
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #21207: Dec 01, 2014 01:02:58 pm
      Nonsensically lame spin ridden quote from someone who has no credibility in assessment of football - check

;D - laughable you can write this with a straight face when you check through your post history.

i hope our success continues to stick in your throat; you were awfully quiet when we were competing for the league and now here you are pushing your agenda even after we have got a much needed three points.

A mark of your character.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #21208: Dec 01, 2014 01:04:58 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30276210

The anti Stevies  wont like this then .

Offered new contract  money no object

On the contrary it's pretty obvious that he wil only be offered that on the insistence of the manager.

Check mate.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21209: Dec 01, 2014 01:30:00 pm
      On the contrary it's pretty obvious that he wil only be offered that on the insistence of the manager.

Check mate.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Why?   Guilt ?
      Because the manager didnt even know it was his 16th first team anniversary ....even though Stevie was plastered all over the match day programme?

Or ....  perhaps Rodgers has finally realised ..... even if you havent .....  that Stevie didnt lose us the title.

See you took the Anti Stevie cheese then.   ;D
      Haters gonna Hate.

Im playing backgammon.
      Dont know what your playing  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,627 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21210: Dec 01, 2014 02:20:45 pm

"We felt it was coming."

Well that's normally how it works Bren. ;)

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #21211: Dec 01, 2014 02:43:25 pm
      Why?   Guilt ?
      Because the manager didnt even know it was his 16th first team anniversary ....even though Stevie was plastered all over the match day programme?

Or ....  perhaps Rodgers has finally realised ..... even if you havent .....  that Stevie didnt lose us the title.

Haters gonna Hate.

Im playing backgammon.

You really think the manager has time before a big match to read the F***ing match programme? Another stick to beat him with.

Hil-F***ing-larious.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21212: Dec 01, 2014 03:42:33 pm

To be fair if we didn't take the opportunity we would get "huffed".

I'm playing draughts BTW.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #21213: Dec 01, 2014 05:19:44 pm
      Why?   Guilt ?

Haters gonna Hate.

Im playing backgammon.

Oh no - we missed his 16th anniversary game?

That's a real shame mate - you probably had a little 16th anniversary cake ready to eat while you were wearing a special little cardboard hat. I know it's not quite as important as his 17th anniversary game but maybe next year the manager could bake him a little batch of special f**king cupcakes with the number spelled out on the surface in little frosted gumdrops to mark the occasion properly. Perhaps the bench could hand out little beakers of cherryade at half time to wash them down with?

Why don't you email Brendan with a few recipe ideas while the rest of us get on with discussing the football?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #21214: Dec 01, 2014 10:19:54 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #21215: Dec 01, 2014 10:29:54 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21216: Dec 01, 2014 11:42:29 pm
      Oh no - we missed his 16th anniversary game?

That's a real shame mate - you probably had a little 16th anniversary cake ready to eat while you were wearing a special little cardboard hat. I know it's not quite as important as his 17th anniversary game but maybe next year the manager could bake him a little batch of special f**king cupcakes with the number spelled out on the surface in little frosted gumdrops to mark the occasion properly. Perhaps the bench could hand out little beakers of cherryade at half time to wash them down with?

Why don't you email Brendan with a few recipe ideas while the rest of us get on with discussing the football?

Youve been watching too much Great British Bake Off mate.

Or Peaky Blinders  ......   "We bake the brown bread    we bake the white bread  ... we bake all sorts here mate " Alfie Solomons.
      Perhaps not on the latter  .... just too intellectual for you.

If Rodgers knew what  was going on around him , instead of being up his own arse with touches of boo hoo , FSG conning,  self pity coming out  ...
      ( " I was manager of the year ... now I'm favourite for the sack )

then he would have played Stevie and allowed him some applause from the crowd.
      No .Not a f**king idea. 

Whats all this f**king "cake" business anyway ?

I thought you were into cheese .
      Think you should now scurry back  into your little hole in the skirting ....before a big f**k off trap decapitates you.
      Wouldnt that be a pity ?.  ;D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #21217: Dec 02, 2014 12:40:52 am
      Youve been watching too much Great British Bake Off mate.

Or Peaky Blinders  ......   "We bake the brown bread    we bake the white bread  ... we bake all sorts here mate " Alfie Solomons.
      Perhaps not on the latter  .... just too intellectual for you.

If Rodgers knew what  was going on around him , instead of being up his own arse with touches of boo hoo , FSG conning,  self pity coming out  ...
      ( " I was manager of the year ... now I'm favourite for the sack )

then he would have played Stevie and allowed him some applause from the crowd.
      No .Not a f**king idea. 

Whats all this f**king "cake" business anyway ?

I thought you were into cheese .
      Think you should now scurry back  into your little hole in the skirting ....before a big f**k off trap decapitates you.
      Wouldnt that be a pity ?.  ;D

I'd prioritise the celebration of Stevie's 16th year approximately 200 places down the list of the club's problems at the moment - and about 3000 places down the list of your problems.

The manager made a remark in response to a direct question - obviously this is something you seem uncomfortable and confused about; perhaps it's a vertebrate thing. He was making a point about the fickleness of modern football - it's no surprise you missed the point entirely.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #21218: Dec 02, 2014 06:09:45 am
      Lets say we play SG and we lose... what then?   

SG will prob play today so its all good.  Plus as a player.. these things while cool is a far 2nd in importance to winning the game
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21219: Dec 02, 2014 07:08:40 am
      I would like to put another slant on Brendan Rodgers stint as our manager. I was thinking about the number of times a manager has won promotion  to the EPL and took it by storm in his first season. The next season they struggled ,could this apply to Brendan after last seasons blinder, was last season a fluke.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21220: Dec 02, 2014 07:43:06 am
      I would like to put another slant on Brendan Rodgers stint as our manager. I was thinking about the number of times a manager has won promotion  to the EPL and took it by storm in his first season. The next season they struggled ,could this apply to Brendan after last seasons blinder, was last season a fluke.

I think if we finished where we now are Billy, it would be a fair conclusion. 'Course there are some of us who would point to mitigating circumstances, but we would (probably rightly) be accused of "making excuses". No, I think good managers find ways to overcome adversity, find ways to absolutely maximise whatever potential is within their grasp. My feeling is we are in the beginning of seeing what a good manager does when he has a squad (through faults of his own in many cases) which is totally devoid of confidence. Good managers are brave enough to leave many expensive signings on the bench, even though they know the media and some of the clubs own fans will instantly call those players and his transfer dealings failures. Good managers are big enough to bring back players they have previously discarded, to leave their club captain out of the team. They are willing to completely shelve their preferred philosophy, to adapt to a style of play which is completely alien to them in order to "win ugly" and rack up a few points and confidence.

We're in the beginning of seeing what a good manager does when he's under the cosh Billy in my opinion. Good managers get results, they get teams promoted, they get them up to 11th in the table despite the World and his brother making them certainties to go down, particularly if they "keep up that f*cking tika-taka nonsense, that'll never work in the Premiership". Good managers come within a gnats cock hair of winning the title despite everyone doubting it was even possible until it almost happened, and good managers will get this team into the top four or at least very close to it.

In my opinion Brendan is good enough to get us into the top four, and I think he will. Anything less than top six though and he does leave himself open to the "it was a fluke" accusations IMHO.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21221: Dec 02, 2014 07:46:50 am
      Why?   Guilt ?

Haters gonna Hate.

Im playing backgammon.

I thought the general consensus was that Rodgers' decision to drop Gerrard against Stoke in the wake of our win was vindicated by picking players who are on form?

This 16th anniversary lark, is a new one to beat Rodgers with. Would you rather the manager pick a player on nostalgic quota, rather than merit, really?

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21222: Dec 02, 2014 08:02:25 am
      QUOTE BEERBELLY: I thought the general consensus was that Rodgers' decision to drop Gerrard against Stoke in the wake of our win was vindicated by picking players who are on form?

This 16th anniversary lark, is a new one to beat Rodgers with. Would you rather the manager pick a player on nostalgic quota, rather than merit, really?

Lets be honest here.

If Brendan HAD picked Gerrard, he'd have got slaughtered as the mob had been campaigning for the captain to be left out. If he'd picked Gerrard and said "well I could hardly leave him out on his 16th anniversary" he would have got hate mail, there'd be six foot high "Rogers out" [sic] graffiti daubed on the walls of Melwood.

If Brendan HADN'T brought Lovren on when Stoke were getting Crouch stripped off, Brendan would have been called "Naïve in the extreme" and accused of "poor game management".

If Brendan HAD continued playing Lallana, Markovic, Moreno, Lovren etc he would have been accused of being "scared to leave out his signings as it'll make him look bad" and "having too big an ego to accept he's got it wrong in the transfer market".

If Brendan HAD continued to play his open, attacking style rather than reverting to the more defensive "like f*cking watching paint dry" style, he would have been accused of being "stuck in his ways" and "slow to learn".

His job isn't easy sometimes.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21223: Dec 02, 2014 09:25:47 am
      If people can't support Brendan when he's losing, then don't support him when he's winning.
      A very admirable quote Soag.

Lifted and paraphrased, I assume, from Shankly's "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." quote? Therefore it might also be safe to assume that you put great stock in Shankly's philosophies; right?

Shanks said: "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters."

And when Shanks spoke about "we" [as in, when "we" lose or draw..] he meant the manager and the players: the team. So let's look at how you support the players [the "we"] when we lose or draw...

... this horrendous player.

An absolute fool who has no communication skills, utterly hopeless

A total embarrassment to have him at the club. His goals last year saved him from exposing just how sh*te he really is.

This guy does my F***ing head in. The sooner he is sold the better.

There are many, many more in a similar vein...

Now we could successfully argue that you were/are only giving your opinion and that would be fair enough but then you would have to accept that others were merely giving their opinion on Brendan. So unless, for some weird reason, you believe that you have more right to question the team when they lose or draw than others - you have two options.

#1: Practice what you preach and support the players when we lose or draw or... #2: Accept that you have no more right than others and do not tell them that they aren't fit to support Liverpool.

Admirable and all as your wee soundbite was, if you're going to be a hypocrite, it means F**k all.  >:D

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4409 
      Reply #21224: Dec 02, 2014 09:34:13 am
      A very admirable quote Soag.

Lifted and paraphrased, I assume, from Shankly's "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." quote? Therefore it might also be safe to assume that you put great stock in Shankly's philosophies; right?

Shanks said: "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters."

And when Shanks spoke about "we" [as in, when "we" lose or draw..] he meant the manager and the players: the team. So let's look at how you support the players [the "we"] when we lose or draw...

There are many, many more in a similar vein...

Now we could successfully argue that you were/are only giving your opinion and that would be fair enough but then you would have to accept that others were merely giving their opinion on Brendan. So unless, for some weird reason, you believe that you have more right to question the team when they lose or draw than others - you have two options.

#1: Practice what you preach and support the players when we lose or draw or... #2: Accept that you have no more right than others and do not tell them that they aren't fit to support Liverpool.

Admirable and all as your wee soundbite was, if you're going to be a hypocrite, it means f**k all.  >:D

Thing is BBB that maybe Skrtel has had plenty of support over the 7 odd years he has been here and he is still useless. So question would be how long do you keep supporting such entities to live by Shanks ethos.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21225: Dec 02, 2014 09:43:18 am
      Thing is BBB that maybe Skrtel has had plenty of support over the 7 odd years he has been here and he is still useless. So question would be how long do you keep supporting such entities to live by Shanks ethos.
      Thing is HSc - I'm not the one dismissing anyone's right to question nor offer an opinion;  not on Skrtel; not on anyone else. Far from it...

Now we could successfully argue that you were/are only giving your opinion and that would be fair enough...

And I'm certainly not the one using that quote to question the credentials of other supporters or tell them that they aren't fit to support the Reds.

So question would be how long do you keep supporting such entities to live by Shanks ethos.
      Well if I signed up to that ethos (and used it against others) then I'd have to stick with it - I don't think it came with an expiry date; did it?  :-\

Read my post again mate - I'm only pointing out the painfully obvious... stones... greenhouses?  ;)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,215 posts | 4409 
      Reply #21226: Dec 02, 2014 10:06:35 am
      Thing is HSc - I'm not the one dismissing anyone's right to question nor offer an opinion;  not on Skrtel; not on anyone else. Far from it...

And I'm certainly not the one using that quote to question the credentials of other supporters or tell them that they aren't fit to support the Reds.
      Well if I signed up to that ethos (and used it against others) then I'd have to stick with it - I don't think it came with an expiry date; did it?  :-\

Read my post again mate - I'm only pointing out the painfully obvious... stones... greenhouses?  ;)

Like everything else in life we probably take bits of quotes and sayings tand suit them to our opinion and belief, besides if we all stuck by the support come rain and shine the forum would be pretty boring  :)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21227: Dec 02, 2014 10:44:42 am
      ... besides if we all stuck by the support come rain and shine the forum would be pretty boring
      Indeed HSc... and if we all hid our true feelings it would be even more boring.  >:D

Take Martin or even Mario and Stevie, for example. Let's pretend that I thought any or all of them were the root of our problems.

If I was being honest and not insecure or lily-livered; logic dictates I'd be questioning Brendan for picking them, not Martin (for example) for being picked. But wait... that would mean I don't support Brendan; wouldn't it? We can't have that; what would people think of me?

Nah.. much better to keep up the facade of the loyal fan - much better to pick on an easier target.

To be clear - I don't agree with anyone calling for the Brendan's head. I don't like it and believe it fails to address a bigger issue; the real problem. However, let's not forget; some of the people who are calling for his head, if not all, are doing that off the back of the very same issues as people who aren't.  ;)

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21228: Dec 02, 2014 10:52:44 am
      Like everything else in life we probably take bits of quotes and sayings tand suit them to our opinion and belief, besides if we all stuck by the support come rain and shine the forum would be pretty boring  :)

Just because a quote has been paraphrased from Shankly, it doesn't mean that said poster, does, or has to abide by Shankly's all encompassing philosophies. Of course, the poster I am referring to will directly "ignore" me and maybe you to.  ;D And no doubt he will defend his objective fence sitting by saying he didn't state SOAG did abide by Shankly's philosophies. Even though the premise of his post is built on such assumptions. In an effort to back someone into a corner by digging out their older posts, using folly semantics as a way to play one-up-manship on an Internet forum. That's all his post boils down to really, trying to play clever dick.  8)

Quick Reply