Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3074648 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #2737: Sep 09, 2012 02:49:18 pm
      Or maybe he didnt can be spun anyway to suit anyones argument

So why get angry?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #2738: Sep 09, 2012 02:53:05 pm
      not much point having a committee when its hampered by financial restrictions.Technically I would like Messi at Liverpool.
      Everytime they open their mouths crap comes out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2739: Sep 09, 2012 02:57:50 pm

Not much I like about FSG Roddenberry, this if true is another example how out of touch they are with football.

I hear a lot people talking about agendas only agenda I have is for Liverpool to be competing for leagues and champions league something in my opinion there aint a hope in hell of happening under FSG not now or in 16 years time
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2740: Sep 09, 2012 03:28:16 pm

Hardly the place is it? :f_tongueincheek:

As for the "technical committee" anyone reckon it could be the start of implememnting a director of football?

I know BR didn't want one but FSG apparently really wanted one and you could argue a DoF could have helped us avoid the transfer fiasco if he could have just told Ayre to do one.

They start this Technical Committee, after a while a big name joins sed committee, then it get's trimmed more and more until it basically becomes the DoF?

Let the conspiracy theory grow...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2741: Sep 09, 2012 03:36:22 pm
      Not much I like about FSG Roddenberry, this if true is another example how out of touch they are with football.

I hear a lot people talking about agendas only agenda I have is for Liverpool to be competing for leagues and champions league something in my opinion there aint a hope in hell of happening under FSG not now or in 16 years time

So you'll believe speculation, as this report is, as it doesn't say what their roles will be or even if Rodger's had a hand in it, but you won't believe speculation the other way.

Granted, it is your opinion, based on speculation at this point, and opinion based on speculation is usually gossip.

I even have no problem with you saying you dislike FSG, me, I've seen good and bad from them thus far, nowhere near as incompetent as Moores was off the field, if he'd had the slightest bit of acumen, he could have seen his way clear to keep the club and renovate and I've not seen the blatant dismantling of the club as we did during H&G.

Not perfect by a long shot, but in this football climate, does that 'person' even exist for LFC?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2742: Sep 09, 2012 06:13:40 pm
      To me I suppose it would all depend on what the manager feels about it and who is on there.

I mean if its a bunch of bean counters then I would have to excuse myself and be sick.

If the technical committee was Rushie, Fowler & Barners and Brendan wanted it and was the boss of it then I have no issue.

Devil is in the details on this one.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2743: Sep 09, 2012 06:39:54 pm
      Everyone seems to have forgotten this interview
      New Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers exerted his authority in his interview with the club’s owners by insisting he would not work under a director of football.

The 39-year-old has shown great strength of character throughout the whole recruitment process and turned down an initial approach a fortnight ago as he wanted to be considered first choice and not just one of many options.

When it was made clear to him by Fenway Sports Group (FSG) this week that he was their preferred option, he relented somewhat but he was not prepared to compromise on his ideals.

"It is one of the items I brought up when I was speaking to the club was that I wouldn’t directly work with a director of football," said the Northern Irishman, as he was official presented to the media as successor to Kenny Dalglish at Anfield.

"I work best around a group of people and it is about a group of people.

"When you come to a big club you can’t do it on your own. There is not one of us that is better than all of us.

"But what you need at a football club is you need an outstanding recruitment team, an outstanding medical and sports science team, player liaison team and these are all people who will come into the group and we will form a little technical board.

"There will be four or five people around that group who will decide the way forward."

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/06/01/brendan-rodgers-sets-out-his-liverpool-fc-vision-as-new-anfield-era-begins-100252-31094371/#ixzz25zlqqVPD

So, a rehashed story, sensationalised as usual by the media.

The reality is this is old news, and BR himself has stated this is his preferred way of working.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #2744: Sep 09, 2012 07:28:57 pm

The reality is this is old news, and BR himself has stated this is his preferred way of working.

Just about to post this swab.

It was talked about in his first press conference and as much as FSG have pissed me off recently this is something I'm not annoyed about.

Just a pity they stil don't have the structure in place.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2745: Sep 09, 2012 09:02:25 pm

Just came here to post that.
      People try be more positive and not moan for every f**king news please! Personally have got every faith in the world this manager will bring us back on top, with or without FSG.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2746: Sep 09, 2012 09:13:58 pm
      I could handle a director of football but a F***ing committee, a see sh*te like that in politics a lot and it is usually used to deflect the blame from the top
      Next it will be a tribunal or maybe an inquest , sounds great slash players wages then lash it out on suits. :roll:
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #2747: Sep 09, 2012 09:37:52 pm
      And the commitee consists of ? Surely the manager is the bloke to hire and fire and sort out these things ? And after the last transfer mistakes shouldn't, this have been in play Before this last transfer window ? Ffs !!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2748: Sep 09, 2012 09:50:58 pm
      And the commitee consists of ? Surely the manager is the bloke to hire and fire and sort out these things ? And after the last transfer mistakes shouldn't, this have been in play Before this last transfer window ? Ffs !!
      Like the cart before the horse  :)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2749: Sep 09, 2012 09:52:39 pm
      Not quite sure what the fuss is about, Isn't this the 'group' Rodgers was referring too when he took the job on in his very first press conference..?

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/09/the-team-is-still-incomplete/

Back on his first day Rodgers made it clear that what suits him is to work as part of a team: “I work best around a group of people and it’s about a group of people. When you come to a big club you can’t do it on your own. There’s not one of us that is better than all of us.

“But what you need at a football club is you need an outstanding recruitment team, an outstanding medical and sports science team, player liaison team and these are all people who will come into the group and we will form a little technical board. There will be four or five people around that group who will decide the way forward.”

It sounded quite good, really. People to identify targets and, after discussing it with the manager and the rest of that technical team, to go out and get them. People to keep an eye on the fitness of players and to ensure players coming in were right physically for the kind of football Rodgers and the club wanted to play. Player liaison people to, maybe, put an arm round a player’s shoulder or steer him away from the wrong kind of company

Edit: Just seen Swab posted it.

Hate interrupting a good doom mongering session! Christ, talk about trying to add fuel to the fire.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2012 10:04:27 pm by Dannylfc »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2750: Sep 09, 2012 09:58:03 pm
      So subjective you can read anything you like into this "group" we need to find out who they are and their roles before we can form a real opinion rather than just wild speculation.

Rodger's commitment was to be open and honest and he's seemed to back that up on every opportunity, so when he says the owners have been nothing but completely honest with him despite admitting that things need tweaking some what I am going to believe that. I also don't believe that FSG are going to want a repeat of the final day of the transfer window no matter who this group is so the level of negativity stemming from this I feel is completely out of proportion and this could easily be a good thing in the long run.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #2751: Sep 09, 2012 11:35:41 pm
      Just about to post this swab.

It was talked about in his first press conference and as much as FSG have pissed me off recently this is something I'm not annoyed about.

Just a pity they stil don't have the structure in place.

Exactly.  If you want to find fault with FSG, maybe find fault that this board wasn't already setup...maybe we could have avoided the transfer fiasco and all of the doom and gloom that has followed it.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2752: Sep 09, 2012 11:43:22 pm
      I know how I feel.

I wish they'd bugger off interfering with the boss, and let him run things as he wants to.

After all, what manager needs advice about buying/selling players?

Fsg just do my head in!
      Technical committee, F***ing hell these yanks really havent a F***ing clue have they.

Rodgers has the impossible job

Both of you should have taken a minute and engaged your brain to think back to when he was appointed and BR already mentioned this committee before.

The head scout role is already filled with the ex city scout doing the role once his gardening leave is finished and BR himself will also be on it.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2753: Sep 10, 2012 06:56:32 am
       So it seems to me that this committee will consist of Liverpool employees who will meet every so often to talk about football, transfers etc

Perhaps this committee can meet in a "boot room"

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2754: Sep 10, 2012 08:07:52 am
      Both of you should have taken a minute and engaged your brain to think back to when he was appointed and BR already mentioned this committee before.

The head scout role is already filled with the ex city scout doing the role once his gardening leave is finished and BR himself will also be on it.

Well said - Brendan spoke about this way before today! In fact it was one of the key elements of the job - in oppose to a DoF...

However it is a great way to fill column inches with a none story! I am amazed that so many people on here have gone mental about this when they should have known it was going to happen! It seems the NESV bashers are well and truly out there - time for some pitch forks to be taken out the shed...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2755: Sep 10, 2012 08:10:21 am

Exactly, people really love to have a go for no reason these days. LFC fans are turning into bitches.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2756: Sep 10, 2012 08:27:33 am
      Not quite sure what the fuss is about, Isn't this the 'group' Rodgers was referring too when he took the job on in his very first press conference..?

Agreed Danny, to be fair tho' there's not too many of us kicking up a fuss. Most of us see it exactly for what it is - no big deal.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2757: Sep 10, 2012 11:03:45 am
      My only gripe with this is such:

Rodgers spoke about setting something upon his arrival.
      Would have been good to have it set up in the summer so
      as to get the best out of the summer transfer window.

Ah well lets hope it is ruthlessly efficient when it does get
      up and running.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2758: Sep 10, 2012 01:18:06 pm
      My only gripe with this is such:

Rodgers spoke about setting something upon his arrival.
      Would have been good to have it set up in the summer so
      as to get the best out of the summer transfer window.

Ah well lets hope it is ruthlessly efficient when it does get
      up and running.

Definitely agree that it should have been in place in the summer. Would have certainly helped to avoid that debacle on deadline day.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2759: Sep 10, 2012 02:41:42 pm
      My only gripe with the technical committee is this.

FSG allowed the man who recommended arguably our two best signings since Rafa left in Jose Segura, if you're having a 'transfer think tank', then some one of Segura's knowledge would have been a major asset.

Quick Reply