Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3073892 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #2806: Sep 17, 2012 10:31:00 am
      It's not well written and I've just found out the source is that ever reliable/knowledgeable site talkaloadofbull.com.

I was just about to ask where that article had come from. Now I know, I wish I hadn't wasted the few seconds it took me to skim through it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2807: Sep 17, 2012 11:21:08 am
      It's not well written and I've just found out the source is that ever reliable/knowledgeable site talkaloadofbull.com. Every single other article by that sh*te website we completely disregard but this one seems to break the trend and we care to believe it? How sad.

So it is the total bollocks it first appeared.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2808: Sep 20, 2012 07:49:42 pm
      Well in tonight gaffer

Never panicked and changed from his beliefs
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2809: Sep 21, 2012 12:01:26 am
      I know mate, I didn't mean it to come across as such a sweeping generalisation. It was more aimed at those who nowadays will grasp any headline or comment about any action the owners do (or don't do) and use it as a stick to beat them with. F**k knows they seem to be getting more consistent with their inadequate decisions regarding the way forward towards success but some of the bitching is beyond a joke.

It's one of the reasons I don't pop in as much as I used to, it drags me down.

This.

And as HR said, i would not be surprised to hear he talks/ed to them about the squad.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #2810: Sep 21, 2012 10:20:49 am
      GERRARD & CARRAGHER RAISED CARROLL CONCERNS As one-club men who have clocked up nearly 1,300 Liverpool first-team appearances between them, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher are revered figures at Anfield.Manager Brendan Rodgers was so keen to tap into their local knowledge when he took over as manager earlier in the summer that he sat them down and asked what they thought of each individual player in the Liverpool squad.A source told The Sweeper: "The idea was for Brendan to get Gerrard and Carragher on board and show them he values their opinion."Brendan had them in and went through each player one by one. He said, 'Do you think x or y is a Liverpool player or not?'"It is understood that Andy Carroll was one senior player whose capability was questioned while misgivings were also expressed about Daniel Agger’s mentality and fitness record.Subsequently, Carroll was loaned out to West Ham United on the penultimate day of the transfer window while Agger’s long-term future remains in doubt after Manchester City failed to match Liverpool’s valuation of the centre-back."Brendan has given Gerrard and Carragher a lot of responsibility," the source added. "He recognises how important it is to have them as allies, especially as a number of high-profile former players have been asking how he is manager of Liverpool." - Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

There are some people who say you shouldn't believe everything you read on go*l dot com and there are others who say that you shouldn't believe anything you read on go*l dot com.

Strictly for the gullible with nothing better to do.

Wayne Veysey unemployed hod carrier with a laptop and chief correspondent opined... blah blah blah.

It's all about hits.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #2811: Sep 21, 2012 05:26:18 pm
      Rodgers is going to need time to get this team playing how he wants. No matter what happens this year he should definitely stay unless it drastically goes wrong like relegation.

He needs to get his own players in and as it has been said before, we are a work in progress so lets get behind him and make us great again.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2812: Sep 21, 2012 07:28:57 pm
      Rodgers is going to need time to get this team playing how he wants. No matter what happens this year he should definitely stay unless it drastically goes wrong like relegation.

He needs to get his own players in and as it has been said before, we are a work in progress so lets get behind him and make us great again.
      +1.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2813: Sep 21, 2012 07:37:05 pm

If he can get us through to the Europa knockout stages with just playing the fringe players , he'll be doing a good job and dare i say that if he gets us to the final and get us 6th placePL it will be a job we thought impossible.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2814: Sep 22, 2012 12:23:02 pm
      I think we are beginning to see signs that the players are getting used to Brendan's way of play and are feeling comfortable in the system. Whilst I thought in the first half up in Sunderland we were a bit poor, in the second half we saw a lot of positives and played some great football. Against Young Boys, few defensive errors but with a team that have never properly paid with on another, we attacked in style and looked very good. Still have full confidence in Brendan.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #2815: Sep 23, 2012 12:07:26 am
      There is this ongoing debate about Rodger's lacking a Plan B. I don't think a Plan B is necessarily a drastic change in tactics - i.e. switching to the long ball play. Rather, a Plan B is just a change in formation or player substitution when things go wrong, like the Champions League final when Hamann was brought on. Sure, maybe a bit of tweaking in the playing style department here and there but I'm sure most managers can do this anyway.

The fact that folk are moaning about no Andy Carroll means no Plan B are completely missing the point. Bringing on Andy Carroll and lumping the ball long for him is not a 'Plan B', it's desperation.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2816: Sep 23, 2012 06:34:14 pm
      With Agger getting injured and concerns with Kelly and Borini this already hard job has got a WHOLE lot tougher for Brendan. I really do admire him though. He was appointed on the back of that bitter and unjust sacking of Kenny Dalglish and walks into a club with disarray. He gets shafted on the last day of the transfer market by the club's owners and has to make do with what he's got. He sees injuries to key players in the form of Lucas and now Agger. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end.  Yet he still has a cool manner about him and seems to be conjuring much hope and expectancy when on the face of things there is none. But there is. That performance mid week from the youth against Young Boys was something unseen of for a long long time at Liverpool FC. And today's performance against Manchester United was sublime. Did we really have 65% possession until the red card?! Yes we did! If he can ride this stormy period (which I fear will last until January and FSG payback Rodgers in the transfer market) then he can handle anything. He like so many other fans will be adamant that all this will be worth it. Heck - Andy Dufresne had to tunnel through hundreds of yards of sh*t to get to where he wanted!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2817: Sep 23, 2012 06:51:07 pm
      Like Rodgers a lot, only criticise i can see he deserves is possibly the signing of Borini, dunno how he fits in Rodgers system looks extremely awkard on the ball
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #2818: Sep 23, 2012 07:37:53 pm
      Like Rodgers a lot, only criticise i can see he deserves is possibly the signing of Borini, dunno how he fits in Rodgers system looks extremely awkard on the ball

Yeh I'm on the fence with borinI,seems to played out of position like hendo last year but he seems eager and Rodgers rates him

He's very young and inexperienced so I hope he can push On
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2819: Sep 23, 2012 08:22:04 pm

Yeah Borini looks better centrally. I don't know why we don't let/force him and Suarez to swap more frequently in game.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2820: Sep 23, 2012 08:32:36 pm
      With Agger getting injured and concerns with Kelly and Borini this already hard job has got a WHOLE lot tougher for Brendan. I really do admire him though. He was appointed on the back of that bitter and unjust sacking of Kenny Dalglish and walks into a club with disarray. He gets shafted on the last day of the transfer market by the club's owners and has to make do with what he's got. He sees injuries to key players in the form of Lucas and now Agger. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end.  Yet he still has a cool manner about him and seems to be conjuring much hope and expectancy when on the face of things there is none. But there is. That performance mid week from the youth against Young Boys was something unseen of for a long long time at Liverpool FC. And today's performance against Manchester United was sublime. Did we really have 65% possession until the red card?! Yes we did! If he can ride this stormy period (which I fear will last until January and FSG payback Rodgers in the transfer market) then he can handle anything. He like so many other fans will be adamant that all this will be worth it. Heck - Andy Dufresne had to tunnel through hundreds of yards of sh*t to get to where he wanted!

Haha. Love the Shawshank reference.  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2821: Sep 23, 2012 08:39:43 pm

On the money and for the record, I never doubted you for a second in the post match thread.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2822: Sep 23, 2012 08:53:15 pm
      On the money and for the record, I never doubted you for a second in the post match thread.

Cheers what-a-hit-son! Was taken aback by the reaction until I realised what I had said in the context of things.
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Reply #2823: Sep 23, 2012 09:07:32 pm
      Come on lads we can't have knee jerk reaction now we must be united the manager Brendan Rodgers needs time to implement his philosophy so it will come just we got to be patient. Today's performance just shows signs of improvement by being 10 men for over 63mins & taking a lead just shows work in progress so hopefully we should turn these performance into 3 points & also the best team lost....   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #2824: Sep 23, 2012 09:31:56 pm
      Tough game for the boss but showed he isn't afraid to make a bold decision by putting Suso on.

Don't quite get the criticism of the Borini signing and that he doesn't fit into a Rodgers system when ever he has played under the manager before in his system.

I'll trust his judgement on this one at the minute.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2825: Sep 23, 2012 09:33:32 pm
      Come on lads we can't have knee jerk reaction now we must be united the manager Brendan Rodgers needs time to implement his philosophy so it will come just we got to be patient. Today's performance just shows signs of improvement by being 10 men for over 63mins & taking a lead just shows work in progress so hopefully we should turn these performance into 3 points & also the best team lost....   

Looking through the last 25 or so posts, I don't see any knee-jerk reactions. Simply praise for our manager.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that on RAWK?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2826: Sep 23, 2012 09:45:32 pm
      Looking through the last 25 or so posts, I don't see any knee-jerk reactions. Simply praise for our manager.

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that on RAWK?

RAWK eh?! The reason I joined this forum was because they blocked any new members from signing up. Thought that was a bit exclusive of them and I'm glad because this forum is superb. From what I've read this forum seems to be the more level headed forum.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2827: Sep 23, 2012 09:47:00 pm
      RAWK eh?! The reason I joined this forum was because they blocked any new members from signing up. Thought that was a bit exclusive of them and I'm glad because this forum is superb. From what I've read this forum seems to be the more level headed forum.

Aside from all the bickering, I'd agree.

We need to stand united and support LFC, and in particular, Brendan Rodgers.

He'll do well if he's given time. I hope FSG understand that. They also need to remember that this is their guy (who we just happen to like, too ;)).
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2828: Sep 23, 2012 09:59:35 pm
      Scrap that last comment. RAWK do sign up new members.

Quick Reply