Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086007 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30866: May 26, 2015 03:32:47 pm
      That's ok

It's a long long list of things you don't know
      That's fine, since you are obviously a know it all and everybody loves know it alls right? The person who has nothing to say that pops up to correct people when they are wrong? worlds most favorite people?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30867: May 26, 2015 03:39:18 pm
      That's fine, since you are obviously a know it all and everybody loves know it alls right? The person who has nothing to say that pops up to correct people when they are wrong? worlds most favorite people?

Maybe so lad

Don't get all upset now Ribs... I'm still reeling from your post in the Sterling thread last week
      I'm only pulling your leg
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30868: May 26, 2015 03:42:21 pm

Are you going to start this crap again. Just stop.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #30869: May 26, 2015 03:46:08 pm
      You mean Dossena who scored a peach of a lob over Van Der Sar in our 1-4 demolition of the scum at their ground? Everyone who wore the silver shirt that day was a hero in my eyes. Never to be forgotten...

Yep, that's the legend. Just like Cheyrou, Traore, Smicer...these guys who lacked the talent but for one glorious moment in their LFC careers, became heroes, we must never forget them.

Back to BR debate, I honestly can't call it. I suspect FSG will be talking to a number of potential replacements, and if they can't find anyone who agrees to their terms, the transfer committee etc etc etc., will announce that they're happy with BR's work and will stick by him. If that happens though, I worry that we won't be seeing much of a change in transfer policy.
      Bier
      Reply #30870: May 26, 2015 03:56:36 pm
      Unfortunately I'm quite pessimistic about Brendan's future here and our season next season. Let's say he's allowed another season. He won't have much credit with supporters, and probably also not that much with the owners. And that when he's likely going to need time again. There's a bunch of players leaving, and hopefully a bunch more coming in. The team will probably need time to gel, and we'll likely not start the season well because of it. There's going to be tremendous pressure on Brendan and the team from the get go, and I can see them struggling with that. The odds seems stacked against Brendan. And I'd be surprised if he's still our manager come the end of next season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #30871: May 26, 2015 03:56:41 pm
      If you are a professional footballer of some standing and you have a choice of going to two clubs both of equal standing do you choose Klopp/Benitez or Rodgers?.
      If he stays does he command enough respect from top talent. Which is the most highly rated player Brendan has signed?.
      Maybe thats why FSG will stick with him because they will not be put into a position where they have to open the wallet wide enough to buy a top top player. Benteke no thanks,Milner no thanks,Ings no thanks Austin no thanks.....   We need more than ever to buy a new Suarez or a new Gerrard and we probably need at least 3 of them £150 million ?.Mind you we probably have close to that sitting on the bench or in the treatment room every week.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30872: May 26, 2015 03:58:27 pm
      Are you going to start this crap again. Just stop.
      here we go, the guy that likes to pop in and invite himself to another persons semi argument. maybe you thought paisley couldn't talk for himself. i thought it was finished so who is the one who is starting crap again. got anything to contribute other than that?

Anyway, back on topic... Rodgers
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #30873: May 26, 2015 04:10:43 pm
      Maybe so lad

Don't get all upset now Ribs... I'm still reeling from your post in the Sterling thread last week
      I'm only pulling your leg

Me too that post makes me smile A LOT
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30874: May 26, 2015 04:38:44 pm
      Yeah there is a bit of development compensation to pay but not 20m

He's not good enough either though

Im not arsed about Ings, he is a young lad who has scored in the premiership for an average team, and let's be honest is probably better prospect than Lambert, borini & Balo at this time. And he is not costing much.

So long as there are better more experienced strikers coming as well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30875: May 26, 2015 04:43:29 pm
      here we go, the guy that likes to pop in and invite himself to another persons semi argument. maybe you thought paisley couldn't talk for himself. i thought it was finished so who is the one who is starting crap again. got anything to contribute other than that?

Anyway, back on topic... Rodgers

Oh this is a Rodgers thread...I thought it was the Danny Ings transfer thread. Thanks for setting me straight Ripster!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30876: May 26, 2015 04:56:51 pm
      Speaking of Rodgers....

Luis Suarez: HOW Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers made me a world class striker

LUIS SUAREZ has revealed the training ground secrets behind his rise to become one of the world's best strikers.
         By Rhys Turrell / Published 26th May 2015

The Uruguayan became one of Europe's hottest properties after several seasons of stunning displays for the Kop giants.

His fine form earned him a £65m switch to Barcelona last summer, where he has helped the club to the brink of a treble next season.

And Suarez has now spoken out of the key role under-fire Liverpool boss Rodgers played in his development.

“When Brendan was appointed, I was excited," the striker told Squawka.

Suarez is a fan of Rodgers' coaching methods PRAISE: Suarez is a fan of Rodgers' coaching methods [GETTY]

"I’d actually spoken to him when he was at Swansea in Spanish, which I thought was a good touch. He was familiar with the Spanish way of playing, as he’d studied there.

“He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me.

"He helped me with my runs, arriving in the area at the right time and coming in from wide – rather than just waiting in the middle – which benefited my confidence.

“We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man on man. That was the only way I could succeed in England. […] If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

“But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys. […] I wasn’t proven and I had to adapt to the Premier League, which Brendan knew.

"He knows all about English football and he educated me to become successful.”
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #30877: May 26, 2015 05:01:49 pm
      Speaking of Rodgers....

LUIS SUAREZ has revealed the training ground secrets behind his rise to become one of the world's best strikers.

The Uruguayan became one of Europe's hottest properties after several seasons of stunning displays for the Kop giants.

His fine form earned him a £65m switch to Barcelona last summer, where he has helped the club to the brink of a treble next season.

And Suarez has now spoken out of the key role under-fire Liverpool boss Rodgers played in his development.

Suarez is a fan of Rodgers' coaching methods PRAISE: Suarez is a fan of Rodgers' coaching methods [GETTY]

"I’d actually spoken to him when he was at Swansea in Spanish, which I thought was a good touch. He was familiar with the Spanish way of playing, as he’d studied there.

“He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me.

"He helped me with my runs, arriving in the area at the right time and coming in from wide – rather than just waiting in the middle – which benefited my confidence.

“We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man on man. That was the only way I could succeed in England. […] If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

“But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys. […] I wasn’t proven and I had to adapt to the Premier League, which Brendan knew.

Hmm.

Why can't Rodgers replicate what he did for Suarez with the likes of Mario,Lambert,Borini,Etc?.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30878: May 26, 2015 05:04:05 pm
      Hmm.

Why can't Rodgers replicate what he did for Suarez with the likes of Mario,Lambert,Borini,Etc?.

He's good but not that good Shabs. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30879: May 26, 2015 05:06:00 pm
      Hmm.

Probably for the same reasons I can't turn my lumps of sh*t into bars of gold
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #30880: May 26, 2015 05:13:16 pm
      Fck I must have been in a coma where did several seasons come into it .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #30881: May 26, 2015 05:16:47 pm
      Probably for the same reasons I can't turn my lumps of sh*t into bars of gold

Which proves Rodgers ain't good as some make out to be then?.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30882: May 26, 2015 05:17:02 pm
      Speaking of Rodgers....

"Rather than just waiting in the middle...."

That's pretty much all he did at Ajax and at Liverpool under Kenny. So Brendan helped him with his runs and timing and coming in from the wings eh?

But, hey, what does he know - the likes of Eurored and his superior elders are far more astute with their tactical sophistication that ..... "It was Suarez wot done it wiv us, not Brenda.... uhhhhhh....". This is coming from someone who, after all wanted Rafa sacked, so he's got expert judgement you know....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #30883: May 26, 2015 05:19:22 pm

That's pretty much all he did at Ajax and at Liverpool under Kenny. So Brendan helped him with his runs and timing and coming in from the wings eh?

But, hey, what does he know - the likes of Eurored are far more astute with their tactical sophistication that ..... "It was Suarez wot done it wiv us, not Brenda.... uhhhhhh....". This is coming from someone who, after all wanted Rafa sacked. He's got expert judgement you know....

Getting best out of one of the worlds best players is one thing.

Getting the best out of the players we normally sign is a different ball game.

I think its best to judge a coach on what he gets out of his weakest player rather than his best.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30884: May 26, 2015 05:22:51 pm
      Getting best out of one of the worlds best players is one thing.

Getting the best out of the players we normally sign is a different ball game.

I think its best to judge a coach on what he gets out of his weakest player rather than his best.

Well at least he can get the best out of great players, unlike true mediocrity like Hodgson who inhibits their abilities.  Like I said, he looks increasingly useless in the player recruitment, but get a DOF in who can spot top talent and who will be given the reign to sign top talent (FSG evidently don't want quality though....), and I have no doubt that Rodgers can make quality talent soar with us.

But if the height of our - and his - ambition is Ings and Benteke, then we are fu**ed. If there's no structural change at the club, then we can forget any hope for next season. Currently, as FSG are content with the status quo, I have never been so hopeless going into next season. I've given up already thanks to them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30885: May 26, 2015 05:31:17 pm
      To NOT sack Rodgers will speak volumes about FSG.

It will prove that they have no ambition for Liverpool Football Club and are complicit in a stealth mega fraud of supporters.

Hicks and Gillet were just stupid amateurs in comparison.

Lets watch this space.

Chuck out Ayres and hire Karren Brady  ;D
      Fat Sams been fu**ed off quickly

Bier
      Reply #30886: May 26, 2015 05:34:35 pm

It's not all he did at Ajax, he just wasn't an out and out striker yet, he actually played alot as a winger for Ajax. And it was a struggling team, 4 different managers during his time there. And the first good one he encountered was when he left.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #30887: May 26, 2015 05:36:45 pm
      It's not all he did at Ajax, he just wasn't an out and out striker yet, he actually played alot as a winger for Ajax. And it was a struggling team, 4 different managers during his time there. And the first good one he encountered was when he left.

Did Suarez occupy the left wing mostly? Seen him cut in quite a lot from the left with some cracking goals.
      Bier
      Reply #30888: May 26, 2015 05:42:24 pm
      Did Suarez occupy the left wing mostly? Seen him cut in quite a lot from the left with some cracking goals.

At Ajax mostly as a right winger, although later on sometimes on the left too. At Groningen before that as a left winger/inside forward though. But like I said Ajax struggled during his time there, so that automatically resulted in players being moved around alot, so was he. I don't think it really matters where he plays in that forward line, he'll score regardless. Which makes him, Messi and Neymar work so well, they're the same.

Quick Reply