Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3058585 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #33626: Aug 09, 2015 06:31:41 pm
      BR will be delighted to win it. Foundation was the defense, clean sheet away to Stoke, deserves credit.
      But still depending on one of the 'old guard' to dig out the points - need the new boys in the final third to push for places/start chipping in real soon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33627: Aug 09, 2015 06:32:15 pm
      "I think the lad is very fortunate to stay on the field" Hughes on Lovren

Well if thats the case, then every game featuring Stoke would have to be forfeited due to their sending offs. Dick.

off all people Hughes today would been banned for most of the season.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33628: Aug 09, 2015 06:32:20 pm
      Oops, wrong thread!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33629: Aug 09, 2015 06:32:36 pm
      Go on with your agenda of slating everyone who dares to be objective and not blind to our weaknesses.

Everyone has an opinion, it doesn't mean he's not a fan.

You're not objective. You have a hell bent agenda against Rodgers. Your pathetic contributions on the match thread proves that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33630: Aug 09, 2015 06:33:21 pm

I think you're on the wrong forum mate. Shed End is that way.

No need to thank me.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33631: Aug 09, 2015 06:34:42 pm

Yes.

And if we keep playing like that we won't win much more.  Or are you just happy winning one game a season?

Make the changes I mentioned and we've got a much better chance of winning consistently and not just hoping Coutinho will bail us out.

Can in for Henderson.

Anyone mobile in place of Benteke.

Lallana on loan to Tranmere Rovers.

Then watch us fly!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33632: Aug 09, 2015 06:35:15 pm
      "I think the lad is very fortunate to stay on the field" Hughes on Lovren

Well if thats the case, then every game featuring Stoke would have to be forfeited due to their sending offs. Dick.

I can't stand Hughes but trying to be unbiased about it I think if someone did that to one of our players we'd be calling for him to go too. There was more than just leverage to get off the ground and it was very clear to me there was a bit extra put on the dig. By the letter of the law, striking someone to the head with intent is a red card, so if he walked we really wouldn't have much ground to argue. Thankfully he didn't, doesn't change the fact it was a stupid decision.

On Brendan, he has to be delighted with those 3 points, there wont be many of our rivals go there and collect them so that's an advantage we've built already.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #33633: Aug 09, 2015 06:36:52 pm
      Yes.

And if we keep playing like that we won't win much more.  Or are you just happy winning one game a season?

Make the changes I mentioned and we've got a much better chance.

Can in for Lallana.

Then watch us fly!

Oh please f**k off, everyone knows you are a WUM, you write complete sh*t about how backroom staff isn't important (try telling Mourinho and Brian Clough that), you are absolutely gutted when we win, you know absolutely f**k all about the sport, and I won't be surprised if you suddenly realise one day you were thinking you were watching American football.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #33634: Aug 09, 2015 06:37:55 pm
      I can't stand Hughes but trying to be unbiased about it I think if someone did that to one of our players we'd be calling for him to go too. There was more than just leverage to get off the ground and it was very clear to me there was a bit extra put on the dig. By the letter of the law, striking someone to the head with intent is a red card, so if he walked we really wouldn't have much ground to argue. Thankfully he didn't, doesn't change the fact it was a stupid decision.

On Brendan, he has to be delighted with those 3 points, there wont be many of our rivals go there and collect them so that's an advantage we've built already.

I just think he's a hypocritical w**ker, considering the filth that Stoke play week in week out.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33635: Aug 09, 2015 06:39:06 pm
      I just think he's a hypocritical w**ker, considering the filth that Stoke play week in week out.

Can't argue with that mate, same with Adam moaning like a little girl when he takes a challenge and then putting it about like we all know he likes to, so yeah totally agree with you there.
      RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #33636: Aug 09, 2015 06:39:32 pm
      Go on with your agenda of slating everyone who dares to be objective and not blind to our weaknesses.

Everyone has an opinion, it doesn't mean he's not a fan.

There is a clear difference to be objective and offering fair opinion points

And then there is people who clearly dont really know whats going on.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33637: Aug 09, 2015 06:40:56 pm
      you know absolutely f**k all about the sport, and I won't be surprised if you suddenly realise one day you were thinking you were watching American football.

Maybe, but Coutinho's touch-down was great.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33638: Aug 09, 2015 06:41:28 pm
      Yes.

Make the changes I mentioned and we've got a much better chance.

Can in for Lallana.

Then watch us fly!

I don't agree with the Benteke one, you're too harsh, yes he played a poor game, but the support he was given was non-existent. And that is where our next problem lies. Lallana and Ibe were really uninspiring to say the least. Ibe tried some things on the right, but Lallana was a massive liability, we would have been better in 10 than with him in our side. Benteke couldn't do all by himself.

In my opinion, Firmino and Can should be starters, no question marks around them whatsoever. Also Lallana's place even on the bench should be in danger, Markovic looks more lively when he plays, Lallana dwells on the ball until he looses it, he has technique, but that's about it, he can't pick a pass, a cross, anything (at least at us).

The defence was very good, helped by them missing their main attacking players (Arnautovic and Bojan), but Loven really improved on his game, Clyne looked very assured too, our RB problem seems solved with him, and Gomez much better defensively than Moreno.

Henderson was poor too, frightening that he is the man to lead us now, hopefully it would be just an one-off from him. With Can between Milner and Hendo, the rythim will change because Can would relieve them of their defensive responsabilites and maybe they both can help us more offensively.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33639: Aug 09, 2015 06:41:41 pm
      And then there is people who clearly dont really know whats going on.

People who don't know what's going on?

Hang on a second, are you actually suggesting.... that we played well today?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33640: Aug 09, 2015 06:43:39 pm
      Yes.

Make the changes I mentioned and we've got a much better chance of winning consistently and not just hoping Coutinho will bail us out.

Can in for Henderson.

Then watch us fly!

1st game and we set out not to get beat and ended up winning. if you cant take pleasure in Victory why bother. I would rather win playing poorly than get beat playing brilliantly. We had an awful season last year this is going to take time to build up confidence and win games in some style had we come out today and won easily 6-0 I would have been worried.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33641: Aug 09, 2015 06:48:18 pm
      Can't argue with that mate, same with Adam moaning like a little girl when he takes a challenge and then putting it about like we all know he likes to, so yeah totally agree with you there.

the ibe backhander, affelay committed a few fouls after the yellow, useless should concentrate on the fact his team  without bojan are one dimensional Neanderthals
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33642: Aug 09, 2015 06:49:10 pm
      We had an awful season last year this is going to take time

You just proved my point for me.  We won a game.  One.  Single game.  And we did it playing like sh*te for 85 minutes.  Do you think that is going to be enough to win the tough away games we've got coming up?  Of course not.

So we have to figure out *why* we were so awful and needed Coutinho to get us out of jail again.

I really hope the back room staff are more pragmatic than you lot.

"Morning boss, we've got the film from the Stoke game ready to analyze..."

"Film?  I don't care about the film!  We won, who cares about analyzing the match?!  The only thing that matters is that we won!"
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #33643: Aug 09, 2015 06:49:24 pm
      Brendan i like you, but do us a favor and you'll more than likely get a lot of people of your back.

Play 

Emre
      Milner                            Henderson

It works ok. It will work wonders.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33644: Aug 09, 2015 06:52:38 pm

You just proved my point for me.  We won a game.  One.  Single game.  And we did it playing like sh*te for 85 minutes.  Do you think that is going to be enough to win the tough away games we've got coming up?  Of course not.

So we have to figure out *why* we were so awful and needed Coutinho to get us out of jail again.

"Film?  I don't care about the film!  We won, who cares about analyzing the match?!  The only thing that matters is that we won!"

Even for my standards you're too negative mate. I'm sure the problems will be looked at by Brendan and his staff.

Look at how Arsenal and Chelsea played in their first games. At least we grabbed the win at Stoke.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #33645: Aug 09, 2015 06:55:07 pm

You're forgetting a big difference Fed.

Us analysing a game isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

We won.

With a wonder goal.

Go out and have a pint and F***ing enjoy it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #33646: Aug 09, 2015 06:59:06 pm

In case you have been in a f**king coma the last six months, we ended last season playing like a dead cert relegation candidates and CONCEDED SIX F***ing GOALS AGAINST STOKE. You are a deluded twit if you think we could turn it around and play like world beaters. Of course things take time to turn things around. Christ almighty.

Get in the real world for fucks sake, or go back to the Shed End where ignorant idiots fester and where you really belong.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33647: Aug 09, 2015 07:04:12 pm

here is something for you to go away with and consider....you can only win one game at a time. Winning is all that matters. The next game is the important one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33648: Aug 09, 2015 07:05:00 pm
      In case you have been in a f**king coma the last six months, we ended last season playing like a dead cert relegation candidates and CONCEDED SIX F***ing GOALS AGAINST STOKE. You are a deluded twit if you think we could turn it around and play like world beaters. Of course things take time to turn things around. Christ almighty.

Get in the real world for fucks sake, or go back to the Shed End where ignorant idiots fester and where you really belong.

I don't think I have ever known anyone who can make a good win feel like a defeat

Quick Reply