Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3076094 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #33718: Aug 16, 2015 06:41:56 pm
      Now Rodgers spotted at the game Man City vs Chelsea, don't know if he watching any target.

BR checking out the competition...

Saw good chunk to the game, City were miles better and 3-0 didn't flatter them. Chavs looked tired, leaky at the back and struggling up front. Terry taken off at HT for some reason.

Sterling the little turd had an anonymous game, didn't do much and was subbed by Dimichaels with 15 or so mins to go.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #33719: Aug 17, 2015 07:20:37 am
      BR checking out the competition...

Saw good chunk to the game, City were miles better and 3-0 didn't flatter them. Chavs looked tired, leaky at the back and struggling up front. Terry taken off at HT for some reason.

Sterling the little turd had an anonymous game, didn't do much and was subbed by Dimichaels with 15 or so mins to go.
      Sterling...how did we got 49mil quids for him is something that will newer be clear to me :D last game when he went 1on1 with the keeper and texted him where he will shot made me F***ing glad why we sold that b***ard.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33720: Aug 17, 2015 07:37:05 pm
      Bit cautious tonight from BR. Hopefully we play better with same XI than we did last week. Am sure BR would love to see Benteke get off the mark. And if possible bring on Firmino for a decent run.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33721: Aug 17, 2015 10:31:32 pm
      Jeez, quiet in here tonight.

We must have won again ! :)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,215 posts | 1646 
      Reply #33722: Aug 17, 2015 10:34:50 pm
      Well in boss, two scrappy 1-0 wins, something I've been a vocal critic of in the past about how I didn't think we were capable of it.

36 more of them please!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #33723: Aug 17, 2015 10:37:09 pm
      Two out of two.

Great start to the season and a foundation to build on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #33724: Aug 17, 2015 11:26:17 pm
      Well in boss, two scrappy 1-0 wins, something I've been a vocal critic of in the past about how I didn't think we were capable of it.

36 more of them please!

Nice acknowledgment as I've seen that tossed at Brendan before that he didn't know how to win ugly. Kudos to you for giving him props for that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #33725: Aug 17, 2015 11:27:57 pm
      Nice acknowledgment as I've seen that tossed at Brendan before that he didn't know how to win ugly. Kudos to you for giving him props for that.

Something I mentioned as well FL and to be honest it was something I thought he didn't do enough of at times during his time here which is why I see it as a positive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #33726: Aug 17, 2015 11:29:03 pm
      Something I mentioned as well FL and to be honest it was something I thought he didn't do enough of at times during his time here which is why I see it as a positive.

Too late Si, no more props being given from me today :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33727: Aug 18, 2015 12:14:34 am
      I don't personally think any manager would choose to go touring Australia and Thailand in pre season if he had control over such things. Nor would he have new signings poncing around back at Melwood while the rest of the squad play pre season matches if he had much of a say in it, but the manager has to do as he's told in these commercial times.

I think that's why nobody bar Man City has started particularly fluently. In their case things are slightly different, as they have by miles the best squad in the league but last season chose to not bother competing (and still came second). It appears that this has stung them into action somewhat, and as such they are blowing everyone away.

For Brendan though given our fixtures, make no mistake about it his job is on the line here. In fact probably his career as it's doubtful he would get a second chance at a big club. Given all of that and given our preparation, I think he deserves plenty of credit. He's made some hugely brave calls such as playing Lovren, starting Gomez in both matches, signing Benteke for a huge fee, starting Ibe over Firmino etc etc. Had we lost or even drawn either of our first two matches the vultures would have been circling. The way the games panned out that could have happened, but it didn't. The boss has done alright, and fair play to him for it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #33728: Aug 18, 2015 12:20:04 am
      He won ugly primarily because throughout much of these matches, he set up to merely contain the lead.

That will obviously lead to calls that he's a coward from his stupid haters, and that he should be thinking about banging the goals in instead.

But its wise of him to do so - he will have obviously been massively stung by last season, and it is his duty to ensure the points get taken at this stage considering the clusterfuck at the end of last season. I really do wonder whether some are Liverpool fans on here, as they seem to live in a completely different world where we weren't diabolical at the end of last season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #33729: Aug 18, 2015 12:45:44 am
      Said it in the Bournemouth thread, will say it here to. It's beginning to look like the 13-14 season again.

Eventually the performances came and with them so did the better results. They also coincided with our number one forward returning, something else that we have to look forward to this season.

I think this is the first summer where I've actually been happy with a majority of Brendan's signings as well.

All in all, since losing 6-1 to Stoke Brendan has done a good job. Good summer, good pre-season results and a fantastic return to the Premier League. Long may it continue.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33730: Aug 18, 2015 12:48:00 am
      All in all, since losing 6-1 to Stoke Brendan has done a good job. Good summer, good pre-season results and a fantastic return to the Premier League. Long may it continue.

Had to deliver results from the off and he's done just that so far. Getting the points straight away and hopefully the performances will soon follow but once again, another 36 wins like this and we will be more than happy.

Last season I'd have probably had a win for us in my heart but my head would be telling me we would drop points in performances like this and it's games like this that are vital, especially when the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea get beaten. You expect the chances to be higher of dropping points when you play the teams you expect to be competing with which is why you have to beat the likes of Stoke and Bournemouth, they are the 6 pointers it is vital to get each season and we are half way there to achieving that goal against our 2 opponents up to this point.

Keep it going BR, show us last season was nothing more than just a bad season. Suarez is long gone now, spent big money, got new staff so no more excuses, time to show how good of a manager you are.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33731: Aug 18, 2015 06:37:22 am
      He definitely trying to find a settled team early on, which is a good thing. Could have maybe made some of the substitutions a little earlier, but that's probably just me being greedy for more goals.

So far so good. Well in Boss!
      RedWilly

• 9,215 posts | 1646 
      Reply #33732: Aug 18, 2015 07:16:10 am
      Too late Si, no more props being given from me today :D

Sorry Si, I'll keep my mouth shut next week :D
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #33733: Aug 18, 2015 08:09:14 am
      The early performances don't bother me too much because we're still feeling our way and except for Citeh nobody's come out of the blocks running. Kudos to Brendan and the lads for delivering two favourable results. I know some will say "start as you mean to go on" but we're winning and that's how I mean to go on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33734: Aug 18, 2015 10:24:14 am
      It seems to me that Brendan's decided to work with a small core of players that will give us defensive stability, a compact no nonsense midfield, a touch of flair and a decent goalscorer up top to get us through these early games. 

Everyone's been saying we needed a good start this season, that we couldn't afford to start slowly like we usually do as the season could be over by November and I think that's exactly what he's done.  This group of players played together for most of pre season and has continued into the season, with solid partnerships emerging across the pitch.  It's not exciting, it's functional and businesslike.

We've got 2 more games before the International break then the games start coming thick and fast with midweek games around Europe.  Most of the players will have better fitness by then and the possibility of Daniel being back will change the complexion of the squad, so staying in touching distance of the top at this stage is imperrative.

Oh and a quick  :gt-happyup: to whichever of the new Coaches has been working on our set pieces and throw ins, they might not have worked yet but I'm loving the ingenuity of them  ;)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #33735: Aug 18, 2015 11:47:24 am
      He needed results in these early games and he's obviously setting us up to be tight and knick a win.

Not ideal but essential when you have a fan base baying for blood and waiting for a slip up.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,735 posts | 7166 
      Reply #33736: Aug 18, 2015 12:57:45 pm
      He needed results in these early games and he's obviously setting us up to be tight and knick a win.

Not ideal but essential when you have a fan base baying for blood and waiting for a slip up.

I think its the media who were wetting themselves when they saw our first fixtures hoping we would take a hammering. Whatever Brendan's motivation for setting us up so we are difficult to beat who cares 6 points is 6 points 5 more than Maureen has got.
      I think the Arsenal game will suit this style perfectly and i cant see us getting any less than a point there.
      when we have Firmino,Can and Sturridge fit and playing we can be more expansive but for now carry on as we are.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33737: Aug 18, 2015 01:10:27 pm

36 more of them please!

here here, how often have we read posts moaning that we failed to see out a scrappy 1 nil. Or read that thats how leagues are won etc then when we do it we moan about it
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #33738: Aug 19, 2015 03:18:34 pm
      I never be big fan of Brendan Rodgers l feel like our football is get worse to watch and said few times Joe Allen and James Milner in our midfield two very poor players and to play our captain when not fully fit against Bournemouth is bad now out against arsenal on Monday we won't make top 4 with these manger at our club
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33739: Aug 19, 2015 04:18:58 pm
      It seems to me that Brendan's decided to work with a small core of players that will give us defensive stability, a compact no nonsense midfield, a touch of flair and a decent goalscorer up top to get us through these early games. 

Everyone's been saying we needed a good start this season, that we couldn't afford to start slowly like we usually do as the season could be over by November and I think that's exactly what he's done.  This group of players played together for most of pre season and has continued into the season, with solid partnerships emerging across the pitch.  It's not exciting, it's functional and businesslike.

We've got 2 more games before the International break then the games start coming thick and fast with midweek games around Europe.  Most of the players will have better fitness by then and the possibility of Daniel being back will change the complexion of the squad, so staying in touching distance of the top at this stage is imperrative.

Oh and a quick  :gt-happyup: to whichever of the new Coaches has been working on our set pieces and throw ins, they might not have worked yet but I'm loving the ingenuity of them  ;)

He said this in a presser mate. so is a FACT. ;D

There is only 1 game a week for a wee while, so team wont change much, esp. if its a winning team.

And as majority have said, it actually makes a nice change scraping some 1 nils, full points on the board early doors is superb.

I can see us going to new highbury and getting another win as well. at worst a draw down there.

But to do this we need to keep it tight 1st 20 mins they will throw kitchen sink at us.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33740: Aug 19, 2015 04:31:33 pm
      I never be big fan of Brendan Rodgers l feel like our football is get worse to watch and said few times Joe Allen and James Milner in our midfield two very poor players and to play our captain when not fully fit against Bournemouth is bad now out against arsenal on Monday we won't make top 4 with these manger at our club

Allen is injured so what is your point, Can will probably replace hendo in the arsenal game if he does not recover.

Milner has been very good since we got him. apart from the free kick the other night. ;D.

Quick Reply