Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086535 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34661: Sep 11, 2015 11:13:38 am
      This is exactly how I seen Gerrard if he stayed with us mate but didn't he also say that he wanted to play regularly?

Be interesting to know the real truth behind this.

Looking at it I think the skipper jumped the gun to be honest and moved to LA, it's the skippers agent job to ask the relevant question wether there is a management role for Gerrard, if the club declined his services the the skipper has every right to have a moan.

Asked who could replace Woy as England manager.........Gerrard response was BR.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34662: Sep 11, 2015 11:16:10 am
      Local lad, grew up playing for the club he loved, turned down the chance of big money moves and probably premier league titles, you can forgive him for his heart and mind being all over when the dust has actually settled after leaving the club, he's probably got a bigger emotional investment in this club than any of us ever will.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #34663: Sep 11, 2015 11:23:16 am
      Local lad, grew up playing for the club he loved, turned down the chance of big money moves and probably premier league titles, you can forgive him for his heart and mind being all over when the dust has actually settled after leaving the club, he's probably got a bigger emotional investment in this club than any of us ever will.

A very fair point Daz but it's not as if he had to make a rash decision and decide to leave which to me it looks like has happened.

Or maybe he has been squeezed out by thr manager who maybe wanted a fresh slate and who didn't want to have to keep 'dealing' with Gerrard.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34664: Sep 11, 2015 11:29:35 am
      There is obv. no bad blood with Br & GErrard though, cos all he has done in say how good BR is, and he could do a job for england as well. ??
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #34665: Sep 11, 2015 11:37:50 am
      There is obv. no bad blood with Br & GErrard though, cos all he has done in say how good BR is, and he could do a job for england as well. ??

Because he wants a better manager for Liverpool, of course. ;)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #34666: Sep 11, 2015 11:43:51 am
      I know people are quoting two separate things Gerrard has said/written regarding his Liverpool exit.

I get the feeling it is just a question of being asked by BR/whomever to show some respect to the player who had been there for 18 years. But, (I think) he was never asked what he would like to do. He was just told that he has to be a squad player if he wants to stay at Liverpool. At least, that is my understanding of it.

I know we lost that 'our' club legends feeling when FSG took (re how they treated King Kenny). They (I think this may be true of Americans in general) don't care much about legacy/number of years of service/etc. as we do here. It's just business to them.

I think SG would have stayed if they *asked* him even after the Real Madrid debacle where he came on in the 2nd half. Perhaps Rodgers thought SG was a threat to him down the line - which would be true. But, on the other hand SG would have been a good person to have around to entice better quality players to Liverpool (similar to King Kenny).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34667: Sep 11, 2015 11:45:19 am
      A very fair point Daz but it's not as if he had to make a rash decision and decide to leave which to me it looks like has happened.

Or maybe he has been squeezed out by thr manager who maybe wanted a fresh slate and who didn't want to have to keep 'dealing' with Gerrard.

He's only human mate, we all make decisions we regret in life, some spare of the moment, some meticulously planned.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4979 
      Reply #34668: Sep 11, 2015 11:47:11 am
      He's only human mate, we all make decisions we regret in life, some spare of the moment, some meticulously planned.

True.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #34669: Sep 11, 2015 11:48:57 am

I think he was having more of a dig at the people above BR, I believe he named Ayre specifically in his interview.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34670: Sep 11, 2015 11:56:01 am
      Unfortunately I think from reading the quotes that Steveie is homesick and is getting himself a bit confused, I know what that feels like. He'd be far better off given the current circumstances IMHO keeping his head down and staying well out of it. Unless Brendan has a similar Mark Robins at Oxford moment which Ferguson got, it seems to me very likely that he is on his way out. You cannot manage a team like Liverpool successfully when such a large portion of the fanbase is so completely set against you like this.

I made the point on the other thread that Hodgson for example would find it completely impossible to manage the club again. Even if he won four games 6-0, we'd all be waiting (definately me included) to put the boot in the moment we drew one. Obviously I'm miles away from that with Brendan, but many fans are and unfortunately it would probably take a title win to win them back and it ain't gonna happen.

Under these circumstances Stevie should shut it and bide his time, a "right hand man" role to someone like Klopp (a la Giggs at the Mancs) maybe just around the corner. Brendan managing Engliand wouldn't be a bad shout either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #34671: Sep 11, 2015 01:38:02 pm
      Unfortunately I think from reading the quotes that Steveie is homesick and is getting himself a bit confused, I know what that feels like. He'd be far better off given the current circumstances IMHO keeping his head down and staying well out of it. Unless Brendan has a similar Mark Robins at Oxford moment which Ferguson got, it seems to me very likely that he is on his way out. You cannot manage a team like Liverpool successfully when such a large portion of the fanbase is so completely set against you like this.

I made the point on the other thread that Hodgson for example would find it completely impossible to manage the club again. Even if he won four games 6-0, we'd all be waiting (definately me included) to put the boot in the moment we drew one. Obviously I'm miles away from that with Brendan, but many fans are and unfortunately it would probably take a title win to win them back and it ain't gonna happen.

Under these circumstances Stevie should shut it and bide his time, a "right hand man" role to someone like Klopp (a la Giggs at the Mancs) maybe just around the corner. Brendan managing Engliand wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Hodgson will never, ever get that chance again, thank F**k!!

To me that decision smelt of that snake Purslow and the other chelsea loving c**t. Brendan needs a trophy this season if he wants to win the fanbase around, everyone keeps mentioning the title (which pisses me off as we're starting to sound like the mancs in the 80s) which is unfair, just win a trophy would be a start, he had that chance last year and blew it big time.

On the Stevie should shut it, depends when the interview was done to serialise the book, could of been done about two weeks ago and the Mail have decided to start putting it in the paper to time with the game tomorrow.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34672: Sep 11, 2015 01:56:54 pm
      Hodgson will never, ever get that chance again, thank f**k!!

To me that decision smelt of that snake Purslow and the other chelsea loving c**t. Brendan needs a trophy this season if he wants to win the fanbase around, everyone keeps mentioning the title (which pisses me off as we're starting to sound like the mancs in the 80s) which is unfair, just win a trophy would be a start, he had that chance last year and blew it big time.

On the Stevie should shut it, depends when the interview was done to serialise the book, could of been done about two weeks ago and the Mail have decided to start putting it in the paper to time with the game tomorrow.

I don't think he'll get long enough to win a trophy unless we make an extremely strong showing in the league to be honest. The cups don't really start taking shape until the new year, and unless we're right up there comfortably in the top four by Christmas the "Brendan out" cry will be a crescendo. Given the nature of our fixture list, it would take an incredibly good effort for that to happen and my guess is that by Christmas we'll be 6th or 7th with ground to make up, which will be deemed as not good enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #34673: Sep 11, 2015 02:02:28 pm
      I don't think he'll get long enough to win a trophy unless we make an extremely strong showing in the league to be honest. The cups don't really start taking shape until the new year, and unless we're right up there comfortably in the top four by Christmas the "Brendan out" cry will be a crescendo. Given the nature of our fixture list, it would take an incredibly good effort for that to happen and my guess is that by Christmas we'll be 6th or 7th with ground to make up, which will be deemed as not good enough.

Yeah but only on forums, the real test is in the ground, and apart from "Hodgson for England" I've never really heard a massive chant for a manager to be sacked within the ground.

Personally wouldn't be F***ing around changing managers at Christmas, should of been done in the summer if they wanted a change, if not we should wait till the end of the season.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34674: Sep 11, 2015 03:32:40 pm
      Ur. Ok
      Love to see your formation and team selection then.

Well I know that pushing Coutinho and Firminho on the wings and Moreno and Clyne as the defenders behind is a recipe for disaster

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34675: Sep 11, 2015 08:46:46 pm
      Big day for BR tomorrow. After the last match, looking for something from the players, a reaction. Needs to get the tactics right too, based on who's available.
      Would feel a lot better if Cou and Hendo were toggin out ... or even Sterling and SG !!!... but they ain't.  A lot of new players, playing a system that has changed ... no way we can go out and attack.
      Play as well as we did in the first half vs Arse, will be as much as can hope. Keeping our shape, lot of energy, balls up to Benteke, looking for things to happen around him, or for Christian to work something himself.
      Whatever about the result, BR needs to team to put in a performance ...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34676: Sep 11, 2015 09:28:52 pm
      Well I know that pushing Coutinho and Firminho on the wings and Moreno and Clyne as the defenders behind is a recipe for disaster

Hence why I said defensively drilled.
      And the 4 in midfield aren't a flat 4. It's a diamond.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34677: Sep 11, 2015 10:17:44 pm
      Looking at it I think the skipper jumped the gun to be honest and moved to LA, it's the skippers agent job to ask the relevant question wether there is a management role for Gerrard, if the club declined his services the the skipper has every right to have a moan.

Asked who could replace Woy as England manager.........Gerrard response was BR.

Amongst my mates, saying someone could manage England is the worst of all insults.

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #34678: Sep 11, 2015 10:28:57 pm
      Amongst my mates, saying someone could manage England is the worst of all insults.

Stevie's just trying to get him out of Anfield.  :D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #34679: Sep 12, 2015 06:55:42 am

Bollocks - act like a man and like a captain.

If he wanted to stay he should have have made it clear rather than going, changing his mind and trying to rewrite history.

What he's done is damaging to the club.

Once again too many on here think it's Steven Gerrard FC.

And, let's apply the same standards to the players as you did to the manager RLFCB, by your own standards he is surely now a confirmed "bullshitter", no?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #34680: Sep 12, 2015 06:58:31 am

Exactly - like Rooney "turning down" moves to European clubs, Gerrard was always in reality a homebird.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #34681: Sep 12, 2015 09:12:28 am

If he wanted to stay he should have have made it clear rather than going, changing his mind and trying to rewrite history.

What he's done is damaging to the club.

Once again too many on here think it's Steven Gerrard FC.

And, let's apply the same standards to the players as you did to the manager RLFCB, by your own standards he is surely now a confirmed "bullshitter", no?
      You really are a beaut , damaging the club eh ,the  ones in charge are doing a mighty fine job of that all by themselves , as for acting like man it must be so perfect in your little world at least he had some heart for the team unlike some who wear the shirt .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34682: Sep 12, 2015 09:26:16 am

No he's not a confirmed bull shi**er, he made a decision it now appears he 'Regrets', completely different scenario.

As I stated in the post you've replied to, Stevie will have a bigger emotional investment in this club than any of us will ever have, he's spent his career here being adulated by the fans, he said himself he misses walking out in front of those fans, misses the atmosphere, he knows his career is coming to an end, you can forgive him for being Nostalgic and thinking about such things.

LFCexiled
      Reply #34683: Sep 12, 2015 10:05:14 am
      Same sh*t, different day.

Bizarrely, some will be wishing we get beat today just so they can bleat the usual sh*te.

Come on Brendan, kick their dirty munter arses lad.

Quick Reply