Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085796 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34822: Sep 13, 2015 10:29:13 am
      This would be funny if I didn't think it's probably how they are thinking.

All I see is FSG asset stripping us. As long as we're in the Prem, with the odd foray into the ECL now and then, FSG are making money out of us, so they're happy. I still can't forget how they shelled out $80m for a 30 or 31 year old baseball player a few years ago. Our net spend this season was below £20m unless I'm mistaken

atletico made summer net spend is roughly the same but look at them, you know the manager will ring every ounce of himself and the players and you know how the team will set up and how they will play, we cansit and moan about fsg all day and the mistakes they and their underlings make but the lack of basic pattern of play, inability to defend and construct attacking play and numerous tactical follies can only be laid at the managers door. As i have said before he should go back to the basics which he appears to have forgotten and live and die by that attacking, high pressing style, better to die on your feet than live on your knees
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #34823: Sep 13, 2015 10:31:51 am
      I don't no they would do it so early in the season mate. Things were looking pretty positive going into the West Ham game so in the same respect a couple of wins in the next two league games could buy him some time. But yeah, the conversation will come up after every defeat of that there is no doubt.

I fear you may be right - but if you look objectively we've scored 3 goals all season.......2 "worldies" and one that was offside.

We're creating nothing.

When Benteke scored to make it 2-1 yesterday it flattered massively and they were sh#te.

I've woken up angrier than I was yesterday.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34824: Sep 13, 2015 10:51:42 am
      He has, and as such any fans expecting him to seriously challenge for the title every season are just being daft. That said, by hook or by crook we HAVE assembled a squad which ought to seriously challenge for the top four places IMHO. It's very early days yet, but the way we currently look in terms of confidence and fluidity it's very hard to see that challenge emerging.

I think we have a team that can challenge for a top 4 place, not sure about the strength of the squad though!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #34825: Sep 13, 2015 11:00:48 am
      There are good players in the squad for sure. But Brendan can't be trusted as the man to instill confidence into them any longer. It's clear to me the players have no faith in him anymore.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #34826: Sep 13, 2015 11:09:40 am
      Always said under FSG the manager will always have his hands tied. I Won't allow this excuse for Brendan anymore, he is more than happy (apparently) to work within FSGs guidelines, but can we really expect Klopp to Come in and work the same miracles he did at Dortmund?
      Brendan is a lost soul at the minute, he has completely turned away from his attacking, passing game, and now seems to be stuck in a limbo of no set style, with the ball bogged down in midfield.
      He can still be a good manager, but it's looking a lot like he won't achieve it a Liverpool.

Are we still going on this ''hands tied'' argument lame excuse? He f^cked up, simple as that. This summer, many on you here stated that FSG are letting him do what he wants by sacking his coaches, and buying players he wants.

Well, he did that, yet we are still doing the same mistakes and we haven't fixed any of our problems. FSG didn't tell Rodgers to persist with a Lovren-Skrtel partnership, no matter how much it failed last season, or drop Moreno for a very inexperienced CENTER BACK Joe Gomez (playing way out of position), or how playing Emre Can as a number 10 instead of a central midfielder. The owners don't choose tactics or train players, the manager does.

Stop it with this silly FSG guideline BS, the only blame FSG has is not sacking Rodgers in the first place.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34827: Sep 13, 2015 11:11:20 am
      fsg dont choose tactics, formations...its brendy fault we are crap.

rodgers needs to show character and resign, but he is in love with himself.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #34828: Sep 13, 2015 11:11:32 am
      Apparently it will cost £8.7 million to sack Rodgers.

So about the price of an Aspas or an Alberto.

Seriously though he needs to be sacked today so we can get Klopp or even Ancellotti in.

If we don't then it's clear the owners have no ambition for the club and are only here to leech off the profits.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34829: Sep 13, 2015 11:13:21 am
      i donate 100$ if he is sacked😀
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34830: Sep 13, 2015 11:17:39 am
      i donate 100$ if he is sacked😀

You'd be better offering to donate $100 if he turns it round and becomes a massive success, what with you being a fan and wanting the club to succeed and all that.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34831: Sep 13, 2015 11:22:04 am
      i want lfc to success thats why im calling his head.

its no indications he is the right man. he build team of strangers playing in wrong possitions with no passion.

this is not lfc way!

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #34832: Sep 13, 2015 11:24:30 am
      Apparently it will cost £8.7 million to sack Rodgers.

So about the price of an Aspas or an Alberto.

Seriously though he needs to be sacked today so we can get Klopp or even Ancellotti in.

If we don't then it's clear the owners have no ambition for the club and are only here to leech off the profits.

Then we'll have to be relegation threatened for him to go. Meaning the broadcasts rights money far outweighs the 8.7m.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34833: Sep 13, 2015 11:26:02 am
      He has, and as such any fans expecting him to seriously challenge for the title every season are just being daft. That said, by hook or by crook we HAVE assembled a squad which ought to seriously challenge for the top four places IMHO. It's very early days yet, but the way we currently look in terms of confidence and fluidity it's very hard to see that challenge emerging.

I don't think we can judge where Liverpool where end up in the campaign until we see Sturridge back and how he fits in with Benteke. I think all the problems we have now stem from the question of how to get the most out of Benteke in Sturridge's absence. We don't see training, day in, day out we have no idea if Ings or Origi can play in a similar style that Rodgers would like Sturridge to play with Benteke and until we see them on the field together, we can't gauge how successful a signing that was. Personally I think it was a disastrous signing that should never have been made, but to be fair, I'll reserve final judgement until that happens. If we still lack any creativity and the partnership doesn't work then Rodgers' time is up.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34834: Sep 13, 2015 11:27:07 am
      Always said under FSG the manager will always have his hands tied. I Won't allow this excuse for Brendan anymore, he is more than happy (apparently) to work within FSGs guidelines, but can we really expect Klopp to Come in and work the same miracles he did at Dortmund?
      Brendan is a lost soul at the minute, he has completely turned away from his attacking, passing game, and now seems to be stuck in a limbo of no set style, with the ball bogged down in midfield.
      He can still be a good manager, but it's looking a lot like he won't achieve it a Liverpool.

He could not even organize a drinks party at a brewery mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #34835: Sep 13, 2015 11:28:30 am
      Lot of stats floating about regarding how this is Hodgson form, how we've conceded a ridiculous amount of goals in the last 15 games etc. but at the end of the day the people that matter (FSG) just aren't going to see it that way. They'll be thinking that it's only been 5 games since they've given Brendan the new coaches he wanted and the money to go and buy who he wants (yes I know the net spend wasn't high but that's another debate).

He's not going anywhere any time soon. The owners made the astonishing (some will say bold) decision to keep him in the summer so there's no way they'll give up on him so soon. By the time they run out of patience, the likes of Klopp and Ancelotti will have been snapped up by ambitious clubs and we'll be forced to go with another inexperienced manager (probably because the compensation fee for them will be lower) and the whole cycle will start again.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #34836: Sep 13, 2015 11:32:11 am
      Our performances have been flat for awhile. And I dare say since the stoke game last season.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #34837: Sep 13, 2015 11:38:04 am
      Our performances have been flat for awhile. And I dare say since the stoke game last season.

I'd say we've been awful since Blackburn last season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34838: Sep 13, 2015 11:40:23 am
      Bring me the
      Balls out swinging.
      All guns blazing.
      Two up front rampaging.
      Manager that was here previously.

Call it what you will. Get your F***ing mojo back Brendan and quickly.
      He's proven he knew how to get the best out of a squad previously.

4-1-2-1-2 to get the best out of Sturridge and Suarez.
      3-4-3 which seemed to rescue the season until he abandoned it post Man United loss.

Let go of the 4-2-3-1 Brendan.
      Stop playing players out of position and go back to playing what suits the players,
      before it's too late.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #34839: Sep 13, 2015 11:47:31 am
      Brendan is on his 4th season in charge. Yet the performances are those to be expected of someone just brought in and getting to know the players. That means he's lost confidence in his own ability and doesn't know to do what's best. Which clearly manifests itself to the players, hence their lack of faith. During the Utd farce, I never once noticed Brendan attempting to "gee up" the players. In fact he looked very withdrawn. To me, that would suggest the end is very near.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34840: Sep 13, 2015 11:48:39 am
      This season he was going into it having had a year to adjust new signings after losing Suarez (except we shipped a few of them on). Spent another shed load of money on players, changed his back room staff.

Yet we are no better off and are conceding so many goals again.

He's out of his depth, he is in no mans land. For whatever reason he is determined to play Skrtel and Lovren but based on this season so far I would bench them both and go for Toure and Sakho. He's brining on Moreno when we are in search of a goal. He's playing a nipper who is terrified of using his left foot at LB when we have Moreno and Enrique. He's playing strikers out on the wing because we have no wingers other than Ibe and Markovic (one of which was shipped out on loan). He's too stubborn to try anything other than his current formation in the hope he will realise how to use Benteke.

The only thing he is getting right is the fact he is pleasing the owners when he talks to them because f**k knows how he still has a job based on last season and the way this one is going!

Oh, we suffered a landmark defeat to West Ham too so the negative records that were being achieved last season is continuing.

There is no bottle within the team and Rodgers has been lost since the day Suarez headed to Spain.

I'm all for supporting the manager but he needs to give it back and at least give it a proper go. I think it's time for Rodgers to call it a day.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34841: Sep 13, 2015 11:48:51 am

Stop it with this silly FSG guideline BS, the only blame FSG has is not sacking Rodgers in the first place.

Take you tongue out of Henry'a ass for a second fella!
      Why do you think they didn't sack him?
      FSG have got the man they want in charge, for the simple fact that he is compliant.
      They way he manages the team is of no importance to them as long as the money continues to flood in.

I'm not making excuses for Brendans tactics, he is F***ing up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #34842: Sep 13, 2015 11:50:09 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #34843: Sep 13, 2015 11:55:36 am
      I'd say we've been awful since Blackburn last season.

We have been awful since Suarez left us.

A player Rodgers inherited.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34844: Sep 13, 2015 12:01:22 pm
      They way he manages the team is of no importance to them as long as the money continues to flood in.

Well, the first part negates the other.

If they want the money to flood in, the way the team is managed should be very high on their list.

If our team continues to be managed in this style, the value of our club will decrease, splashing money on players just to send them on loan isn't very wise from a strictly material point of view, or playing them out of position, nullifying their value in this way.

The money won't come in if you play dull football and finish mid-table, big clubs won't be in line to buy any of our players, fans won't flood the stadium or stay in line to buy merchandise, what brings more money to a club is being successful, playing entertaining football, finishing in top 4 and so on.

They must be a special kind of idiots if they think this is the way to make money from a club, or they don't have any notion in terms of football and have in place some dumb advisers, see Ian Ayre or the gaffer for an example, who will run this club into the ground if they are being kept in their places.

Quick Reply