Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085825 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34868: Sep 13, 2015 01:35:25 pm
      Im just completely hacked off with football, I think I might just watch the rugby for the next month and hopefully FSG will have seen sense by then.

Sack Brendan by all means but do you really trust them to hire someone who has the CV to come to a club like Liverpool
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34869: Sep 13, 2015 01:40:02 pm
      Excuses are still there from some people, that I really don't understand. It isn't a case of needing Sturridge back he has the players to beat teams like WHU, Stoke, Palace, Villa etc, etc. This was one of the worst United sides I've ever seen us play against and we approached the game like we were playing against the best team in the world, we collectively bottled it.

Ings on one wing and Firmino on the other, their most telling contributions being the tracking back both of them did. How some interpret that as frightened football is beyond me, it's bullshit tactics whether you're frightened or confident. If that's what you resort to when you're frightened then it's enough evidence to show you aren't made of the stuff we need.

Watch us at a set-piece now, we're all there holding hands looking like the school kids on their first training sessions. We've gone back to basics that's clear yet we still can't defend properly when we have 10 men behind the ball. It's simple to coach apparently, yet we're letting 3 in against a team with Sideshow Bob up top. Our plan to Benteke has been found out (it was obvious it would be), the poor lad was so isolated I'm surprised he didn't grab the corner flags and try a bit of semaphore because he must have thought his shouts for support were out of hearing range.

If it were a boxing match the ref would have stopped this long ago, we're on the ropes taking a battering from all angles and we've got nothing left to fight back with, it's time for the towel to be thrown and let Brendan get back to a club that's more his level because it's clear for anyone watching that he hasn't got the ability to get the best out of the group he's assembled.

Snake Oil Saleman as a friend once said is a very good description, we've been sold the vision of death by football, we'll it's true something is dying alright but it's most certainly not our opposition.

Fully agree. We again spent a sh*t ton of money in the summer, if we need Sturridge every week to win games or play decent then what is the point? Our bench yesterday was sh*t too. 
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #34870: Sep 13, 2015 01:52:14 pm
      Skip the majority of opinion regarding Rodgers is you were right all along. There can be no doubt now he is crap as a manager of L.F.C.

What a load of bollocks - he was against him from the start for no better reason than he blamed Rodgers for Kenny getting the sack and hence laid into his teeth / girlfriend etc.

If Klopp was here it would have been his glasses and his beard.if it was Abcelotti it would be his waistline and his shell suits.

For those who have judged Brendan it is on a background of his players and tactics not producing the required results despite being backed by the owners - nothing to do with the constant bullshit from that poster.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34871: Sep 13, 2015 02:00:29 pm
      I think he has to go, he lost a good share of support following the end to last season, the support he lost seems to be growing with each passing game, forget tactics, money spent, results etc for a second, look at it in the perspective of when a manager starts losing the fans as rapidly as it appears Brendan is, it doesn't take long for the disdain on the forum's, twitter, in your local, work place etc etc to start spilling over in to the stands.

He's dead man walking now in my opinion, nothing short of a 12-14 game unbeaten run would force a turn around from the fans, if not the tension is going to grow inside Anfield and impact not only on the atmosphere but the results too, I've never liked the Boo's and Chants against the manager in the stands from any club and thankfully they have been very few and far between at Anfield, but I can see another Roy situation raising its head over the next few weeks/months.

Down to you Brendan, prove me wrong, you have once before.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34872: Sep 13, 2015 02:13:04 pm
      I won't insult anyone's intelligence in here with fake optimism, we won't win anything with BR as manager not just a kneejerk thing because of this last game, we haven't progressed. But, we certainly have went back, in terms of the way we play. I don't even want him telling our academy kids how to play, he's also in charge of getting rid of players who are in our academy. it equals:
      I don't want him in charge of Liverpool FC.

I'll support every game this season and believe we can win them all, he has to go, he's like a bad holiday rep. He hasn't even got the Irish bollocks to get angry, only a cocky persona that does my swede in now.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34873: Sep 13, 2015 02:23:33 pm
      What a load of bollocks - he was against him from the start for no better reason than he blamed Rodgers for Kenny getting the sack and hence laid into his teeth / girlfriend etc.

If Klopp was here it would have been his glasses and his beard.if it was Abcelotti it would be his waistline and his shell suits.

For those who have judged Brendan it is on a background of his players and tactics not producing the required results despite being backed by the owners - nothing to do with the constant bullshit from that poster.

Still churning out sh*te I see Balls.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34874: Sep 13, 2015 02:26:30 pm
      This is the  perspective of a Reading Fan on Rodgers in his Final season at them.

@DanceSturridge

Stand by what I said a few months ago, he should have gone after the Stoke game, our form has been appalling for weeks before, and continues to be atrocious.

0-3 at home to Alan Pardew's WHU, for fucks sake, if that was not the writing on the wall I do not know what is.

I said yesterday it looks as though we learned nothing from mistakes made last season. Reading this it sounds like he hasn't learned from mistakes made what 6 years ago.

I've backed him all the way to this point just can't see us going anywhere after what we've seen 5 games in to the season
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34875: Sep 13, 2015 02:28:30 pm
      To be fair, if even posters like me are saying it's probably best if we change manager then Brendan surely is f*cked.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #34876: Sep 13, 2015 02:35:37 pm
      i just want somekind reaction to the loss from the owners. even if that means they come out and say they will give br this season. atleast then i will know that they know about the loss and we are struggling.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #34877: Sep 13, 2015 02:46:09 pm
      To be fair, if even posters like me are saying it's probably best if we change manager then Brendan surely is f*cked.

Do you not think that part of the problem is that people were too optimistic about this season after our stroll through preseason? Expecting a wave of the magic wand and a few signings to change us immediately from also rans to title challengers.

Just don't see us getting close to a top 4 place (points) 5th, more probably 6th is the best I can see us getting. Again we have to integrate a lot of players into the squad, again we are going into a season with doubts about our style of play, our best formation, our strikers and defence.

People get carried away by a few easy victories against 4th rate friendly opposition and expect us to do similar when we come up against prem sides.

I desperately hope I am wrong but I see a lot more problems before we find the way forward. I expect some of the players we signed last season to have more of an impact this season, but don't think that will be nearly enough to take us back where we belong.

Maybe if we can somehow keep in contention for the top 4 spots till Christmas we may finish closer than I think, but sadly I think by October our title hopes will be gone and by Christmas hopes of top four will seem but a distant memory. Just don't see this team or manager as one that will fight for ever point or a team that would rather win ugly than lose.

Maybe the cups will brighten our season....

Sorry, just not feeling the optimism that others are.

May go some way to explaining why I am willing to give Brendan a little more time.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #34878: Sep 13, 2015 02:49:01 pm
      Get those "Rodgers out " banners out for the next home game and lets see more planes in the sky. Sorry if the faint hearted recoil at this but it needs to be done quick , like ripping off a plaster!!!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #34879: Sep 13, 2015 02:49:08 pm
      Everyone knew he was under pressure regarding his job from the end of last season. Since he's been given another chance it seems to me hes got this "I wanted to play 4 3 3 when I first got the job and now I'm going to do it" type of attitude. Now we've got a lot to choose from in the striker department hes playing players out of position. He got rid of a player that could play on the wing in Markovic and now he decides to play with wingers. Just doesn't make sense to me anyway.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #34880: Sep 13, 2015 03:02:25 pm

Indeed Mick.

It's only a  matter of time and that was many people's fear when he didn't get the boot in May. Now we have this pressure buildung that I can only see resulting in one outcome and then we have to regroup in the middle of a season.

Another season just chucked away because FSG somehow allowed themselves to be convinced thigs were going to be dramatically different this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34881: Sep 13, 2015 03:06:09 pm
      Well I've been wanting to get rid of him for a long long time now so nothing has changed from my pov. I think he is stupid vain arrogant little man who is utterly out of his depth at a club like Liverpool or any club in the premiership for that matter, his level is probably league 1 or championship at a push.

In any case "WAKE THE F**k UP FSG AND GET HIM SACKED"!!!!!!!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34882: Sep 13, 2015 03:17:15 pm
      Get those "Rodgers out " banners out for the next home game and lets see more planes in the sky. Sorry if the faint hearted recoil at this but it needs to be done quick , like ripping off a plaster!!!

F**k the planes off man for gods sake, don't rip off the manks sh*t.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #34883: Sep 13, 2015 03:27:14 pm
      Do you not think that part of the problem is that people were too optimistic about this season after our stroll through preseason? Expecting a wave of the magic wand and a few signings to change us immediately from also rans to title challengers.

May go some way to explaining why I am willing to give Brendan a little more time.

Mate,

the excuse of giving players more time to integrate is a weak one because we have been saying this every season when new players arrive. IMO, I don't think it's a problem of players integrating, it's a problem of tactics and average players who joined us. Milner is never a marquee signing, a solid player who will offer hard work and nothing more and persisting with Lovren-Skrtel is another mad reason.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #34884: Sep 13, 2015 03:30:50 pm
      In fairness to FSG, at least when they decided to keep Brendan they gave him proper backing over the summer, they could of easily kept him and barely spent anything because he can't be trusted in the market.

They've given him enough rope to hang himself with, if things don't change considerably in the next 4 or 5 weeks he'll be gone.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #34885: Sep 13, 2015 03:41:20 pm
      Take you tongue out of Henry'a ass for a second fella!
      Why do you think they didn't sack him?
      FSG have got the man they want in charge, for the simple fact that he is compliant.
      They way he manages the team is of no importance to them as long as the money continues to flood in.

I'm not making excuses for Brendans tactics, he is f**king up.

Mate, lots of you were saying that FSG should back him with his freedom to sign players.

Well, this summer FSG let him have his way by sacking his coaches and bringing new ones and gave him tons of money to spend on players of his choosing.

They gave him tons of money but the manager failed to deliver, it's that simple. Granted that FSG's blame is not getting rid of him from the start and I still don't understand why they are backing a purely average manager.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #34886: Sep 13, 2015 03:42:21 pm

I think it's comical that you think any of those things will spur FSG to make a change. Like they give a crap what you or any of the rest of us think.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #34887: Sep 13, 2015 03:49:43 pm
      Sorry, but in the last say 11 premier league matches 8 or 9 of the results haven't been good enough for Liverpool. Beaten 3-1 by Palace, lost 6-1 to Stoke, lost 3-0 to the Hammers, lost 2-0 was it to Hull. A 1-0 win against Bournemouth, no disrespect to them but come on.
      We are Liverpool and this isn't good enough. Sorry Brendan but it's not looking great for your future.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #34888: Sep 13, 2015 03:52:38 pm
      He has to go now doesn't he? Our performances have been abysmal for the last 6 months, and we haven't won convincingly since the 4-1 win over Swansea last December!

Carrol "didn't suit BR's tactics"
      Lambert "didn't suit BR's tactics"
      Balotelli "didn't suit BR's tactics"
      So Brenny buys a new 30M target man this summer....

Big Ben has really grown on me! I think he has all the tools to score 20-30 goals a season if given proper support and service, but he has gotten no help since he's been here.

Which brings me to Firmino..... We bought a 30M Brazilian CF/CAM and we are playing him at RM ??? That makes about as much sense as Markovic at RWB!!  :f_tongueincheek:

We also had Ings (a ST who could have given Benteke some support) playing LM for God knows why. The two players closest to Benteke most of the time were Can and Milner, which says it all really....

We just got handily beaten by a side featuring Mauroane Fellaini at ST.....  :f_wah:

Brendan out. Ancelotti in      ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #34889: Sep 13, 2015 03:53:05 pm
      Mate,

the excuse of giving players more time to integrate is a weak one because we have been saying this every season when new players arrive. IMO, I don't think it's a problem of players integrating, it's a problem of tactics and average players who joined us. Milner is never a marquee signing, a solid player who will offer hard work and nothing more and persisting with Lovren-Skrtel is another mad reason.

If we persist in trying to rebuild our squad every F***ing season, it will remain a valid excuse mate. Buying 6 -7 -8 players every season is no way forward. We need to start bringing in just one or two genuinely top quality players every season, consolidate and build from strength.

It may take 3/4 years to get the team we really want that way, but at the end of 3/4 years we will have a top quality side rather than a bunch of prospects and bang average players.

Another thing is the number of our players who just don't look fit yet, carrying too much weight and puffing and panting after a short sprint.

We have a lack of creativity in the team/squad especially in midfield so I think for this season we may have to accept that we need to do more with less and that's were I hope Sturridge can help us, putting away more of the half chances we do make.

I appreciate that many of the problems we have are down to Brendan and I am sure a different manager would get more out of the players and team, I am not so sure that even the best manager could get enough out of this squad to make a real difference to our season.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #34890: Sep 13, 2015 03:55:45 pm
      I am not so sure that even the best manager could get enough out of this squad to make a real difference to our season.

I do mate.

I'm not saying a good coach will have us winning the league but a top level coach would have this squad right in the hunt.

Quick Reply