Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3075234 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36754: Sep 28, 2015 03:51:01 pm
      Who's Neil FFS?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36755: Sep 28, 2015 03:51:17 pm
      For anyone interested I lifted this from another site, re Barretts webcast this morning.

If Liverpool do decide to make a change, then they should talk to Klopp at the very least. John Henry was an admirer when he took over. The suggestions are that Liverpool wouldn't pursue Klopp if Rodgers does go. I can't work it out as it smacks of arrogance. Klopp is willing to talk to Liverpool, a club which has finished outside of top 4 in 5 of last 6 seasons. It's not as if Liverpoolwill have their pick of elite managers.

If Liverpool aren't playing well & results are poor, then heightened scrutiny is absolutely inevitable. The manager, whoever he may be, has to accept that because it goes hand in hand with being manager of one the world's biggest and most newsworthy clubs. It's also one of the reasons why they get paid millions of pounds for doing the job.

John Henry is not the pivotal figure that he once was. Mike Gordon's influence is now strongest. He has a hands on role at Liverpool. There's nothing to suggest that there's any kind of split at Liverpool on Rodgers.

I have no problem with managers saying what they think. I do think Rodgers would have been better waiting for a winning run before going on the offensive. He's feeling the pressure,& I got the impression he was trying to create siege mentality. When you do that, though, you have to win your next big game or else your critics will just up the ante. It was a big gamble/mad risk considering Liverpool's next big game is the derby.

Liverpool as a club are not creating the conditions for success. They don't sign elite players & they allow ones they have to leave. They prioritise potential over experience & then wonder why they have no leaders. At some point the penny will drop. There will be a realisation at Liverpool that the whole club is struggling to be the best it can be and its not just down to the manager.

I agree that Rodgers has to take the criticism as it goes with the territory, the salary & profile. It wasn't so long ago that he was hailed as a tactical genius, so now critics have gone other way, Rodgers has to accept it.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36756: Sep 28, 2015 03:57:16 pm
      Read the whole of Rodgers blurb on Saturday.
      All of it.

I really cant be arsed even posting it.

Then read it as a message and sound bite to FSG.

See. Read it that way and it all makes sense.

Hes got Mike Gordon's ear.

Hes been doing that with his "we were outstandings" and pressers for a year now.

He obviously feels that they swallow bullshit.
      Well if they were thick enough to hire him and keep him on this summer they may really be as stupid as he thinks they are.
      He should know.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #36757: Sep 28, 2015 04:23:41 pm
      Its worse than a sick joke I'm beginning to think changing the manager will make no difference. Without a ideology, vision or structure in place you can see the future is just rinse and repeat.

We need football people at the top who know football not Ian Ayre who's claim to fame is destroying Huddersfield Town and Mike Gordon who's only qualification is that he knows more than the other idiots in Boston.

I've been trying to say this for ages but I've always been called out for making excuses for Brendan.... Glad it's finally getting through....

Brendan's inadequacies should not obscure the fact that there are arrogant and ignorant American's in charge who are allegedly refusing the opportunity to even speak to proven winners like Klopp, we have a complete fud in Ian Ayre whose incompetence in footballing matters has taken this club back decades, and a transfer committee full of Sunday League arseholes who really can't be trusted to find top top players wig their narrow minded provincial outlook.

Any manager who comes in and accepts these tw*ts at the club won't be a top manager at all - FSG are more concerned about a yes man than a genuinely brilliant football manager.

Brendan or no Brendan, nothing will change.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36758: Sep 28, 2015 04:37:42 pm

That's what we all want to know now you've posted that  :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36759: Sep 28, 2015 04:50:03 pm
      That's what we all want to know now you've posted that  :)

Alex Neil.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36760: Sep 28, 2015 05:16:56 pm

Thanks Luke, I didn't quite know what was going on.... I am not much wiser now, but I know who Alex Neil is :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36761: Sep 28, 2015 05:33:35 pm
      Thanks Luke, I didn't quite know what was going on.... I am not much wiser now, but I know who Alex Neil is :)

;D

Think it was in relation to this mate.

Some kind of sick joke isn't it.

Rafa begging to join, FSG pick Brendan.

Klopp begging to join, FSG pick Howe/Monk/Neil (no offence to people who actually rate them, even they understand the gamble difference).

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #36762: Sep 28, 2015 05:37:21 pm
      Don't know if this has been posted but our last 5 victories are against teams that are 16th,17th,18th and 19th in the EPL and 12th in the Championship this is why some of us think  we are struggling and can see no improvement.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36763: Sep 28, 2015 05:40:48 pm
      Don't know if this has been posted but our last 5 victories are against teams that are 16th,17th,18th and 19th in the EPL and 12th in the Championship this is why some of us think  we are struggling and can see no improvement.
      Just wait until we've played the Blues, Chavez and Spuds!  :f_tongueincheek:

Then you'll really see no hope
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36764: Sep 28, 2015 05:45:56 pm

16th, 17th, 18th 19th? Looking at those stats, when we play the team that's absolutely bottom of the league we've got to be absolute cast-iron certainties. See, there's always a silver lining if you look for it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36765: Sep 28, 2015 05:59:07 pm

Neil Armstrong? Neil Diamond? Neil Young?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36766: Sep 28, 2015 06:08:56 pm

Yes Walt.

Luke posted that on the weekend including QPR ...relegated.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #36767: Sep 28, 2015 06:12:16 pm
      Yes Walt.

Luke posted that on the weekend including QPR ...relegated.

See some think its funny I think its a very serious state of affairs. As each day passes its so obvious FSg have a plan for the business but not for the team.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #36768: Sep 28, 2015 06:17:23 pm
      Comparing our current league position to that of Chelsea is irrelevant.
      Stating that we are 5 points of the top of the league is irrelevant.
      At this point in the season where we are positioned is also irrelevant.
      It's about points and results. Nothing more, nothing less.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #36769: Sep 28, 2015 06:18:32 pm
      For anyone interested I lifted this from another site, re Barretts webcast this morning.

If Liverpool do decide to make a change, then they should talk to Klopp at the very least. John Henry was an admirer when he took over. The suggestions are that Liverpool wouldn't pursue Klopp if Rodgers does go. I can't work it out as it smacks of arrogance. Klopp is willing to talk to Liverpool, a club which has finished outside of top 4 in 5 of last 6 seasons. It's not as if Liverpoolwill have their pick of elite managers.

If Liverpool aren't playing well & results are poor, then heightened scrutiny is absolutely inevitable. The manager, whoever he may be, has to accept that because it goes hand in hand with being manager of one the world's biggest and most newsworthy clubs. It's also one of the reasons why they get paid millions of pounds for doing the job.

John Henry is not the pivotal figure that he once was. Mike Gordon's influence is now strongest. He has a hands on role at Liverpool. There's nothing to suggest that there's any kind of split at Liverpool on Rodgers.

I have no problem with managers saying what they think. I do think Rodgers would have been better waiting for a winning run before going on the offensive. He's feeling the pressure,& I got the impression he was trying to create siege mentality. When you do that, though, you have to win your next big game or else your critics will just up the ante. It was a big gamble/mad risk considering Liverpool's next big game is the derby.

Liverpool as a club are not creating the conditions for success. They don't sign elite players & they allow ones they have to leave. They prioritise potential over experience & then wonder why they have no leaders. At some point the penny will drop. There will be a realisation at Liverpool that the whole club is struggling to be the best it can be and its not just down to the manager.

I agree that Rodgers has to take the criticism as it goes with the territory, the salary & profile. It wasn't so long ago that he was hailed as a tactical genius, so now critics have gone other way, Rodgers has to accept it.

i cant understand why fsg wont talk to Klopp. He is a highly rated manager, he wants to come here and the majority of fans want him. So i honestly cant understand why they wont even consider him as media claims.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36770: Sep 28, 2015 06:48:02 pm
      I think you misunderstand me mate, probably my fault. Nothing whatsoever wrong in thinking it's time to change the manager (I think the same myself), but it really is stretching the point to criticise the man for his goal celebrations and/or body language, IMHO obviously. 

Ah ok gotcha - I'm a bit sensitive to the "fickle" tag for thinking 3.5 years is plenty long enough to judge.

I think the queries (couldn't give a flying one personally) about the celebration are more to do with the retrospective perspective given by his very, very strange press conference afterwards.

Might be wrong but take the x-filesesque "there's something out there" nonsense away and I doubt anybody is discussing the celebrations.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #36771: Sep 28, 2015 07:02:59 pm
      Ah ok gotcha - I'm a bit sensitive to the "fickle" tag for thinking 3.5 years is plenty long enough to judge.

I think the queries (couldn't give a flying one personally) about the celebration are more to do with the retrospective perspective given by his very, very strange press conference afterwards.

Might be wrong but take the x-filesesque "there's something out there" nonsense away and I doubt anybody is discussing the celebrations.

Exactly.

The only reason I questioned the 'celebration' was because it was so deliberately different from his he normally was added to the nonsense he cane out with after the game.

Like I said he's a clever guy and knew what he was up to.

In my option of course and those who think there is nothing in it may well be right
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36772: Sep 28, 2015 07:24:17 pm

Exactly mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36773: Sep 28, 2015 07:36:30 pm
      If win our next two games well, Sion ( which we should win comfortably) and Everton (always tricky) will everyone still believe Brendan should go or will there be a softening of opinion.

I would still prefer to change if the option is Klopp or Ancelotti, but as I have real doubts about FSG, I may well start to edge back towards the fence just in case we go for another "prospect".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #36774: Sep 28, 2015 07:40:26 pm
      If win our next two games well, Sion ( which we should win comfortably) and Everton (always tricky) will everyone still believe Brendan should go or will there be a softening of opinion.

I would still prefer to change if the option is Klopp or Ancelotti, but as I have real doubts about FSG, I may well start to edge back towards the fence just in case we go for another "prospect".

I think for me personally, I need to see some better football being played all around. We beat Villa, but had they had more time, I have no doubt we'd have conceded again. So if we just limp along barely getting results then I don't see the reasoning behind him staying.

Now if we go out and blast Sion and then turn Everton over with good tactics good execution and all around good football then I suppose I might reconsider, but I think at this point Brendan has just built up so much negative equity that it's going to be hard to see him as a long term, viable solution.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #36775: Sep 28, 2015 07:41:22 pm
      i cant understand why fsg wont talk to Klopp. He is a highly rated manager, he wants to come here and the majority of fans want him. So i honestly cant understand why they wont even consider him as media claims.

Its not rocket science mate.

Brendan is a yes man .... prepared to accept mediocrity and he 'fits the model' of fsg in everyway. Klopp on the otherhand is a winner ... much like rafa and will speak his mind and demand the best and demand his way is put into practice. Basically he won't accept a failing model to work within ... that is why fsg will not even look at him. They would not look at rafa either ... nor ancelotti.

I will say it again ... IF and thats a big if fsg pull the trigger on brendan it will be because they have another yes man prepared to work within the model lined up. And i say again that Gary Monk and Eddie Howe will be top of the agenda.

As for ian ayre ... i have not got the time to express all my thoughts on that berk.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36776: Sep 28, 2015 07:44:48 pm

I'd change regardless of two results, the track record is now far too long for a short upturn in form to convince me. I thought he had his chance at the beginning of the season and since Ings has proven he was wrong not to start him and Moreno has proven he was wrong not to start him also it has only confirmed my opinion.

When you add to that the in game management against most teams so far he's failed to influence matches, his paranoia has become almost comical and the alarm bells are ringing so loud even the deaf can hear them.

As for the worry about another prospect I believe it would still be better because then the fans would quite clearly unite against the common enemy and FSG would perhaps begin to realise that their little investment wont just sit there gathering cash while they quietly ignore it.

Quick Reply