Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3062981 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #2714: Sep 07, 2012 01:33:20 am
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #2715: Sep 07, 2012 03:01:42 am
      Someone needs to have Rafa interview Brendan about football tactics on TV.  It would be the best hour on television.  :)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #2716: Sep 07, 2012 03:46:16 am
      TAW is always very good. Anyone else listen to their podcasts, asides me?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2717: Sep 07, 2012 11:17:16 am
      Some transcripts of what he had to say

Some interesting stuff - this and the John Henry letter shows how much the PR side of the club are upping the game.

The only sad thing is that words don't earn us points.  Letting 4 goalscorers go this summer and bringing in one potential player - Borini - was a mistake - be it Rodgers, the owners or Ian Ayre's decisions.

I can understand BR needing to keep some fans groups on side, and can understand why he might think he needs to buy himself time, but ultimately he will only buy himself time by picking up points.  Good luck BR.

No doubt about it.
      Letting Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy and Carroll go absolutely stinks.

I don't believe for a minute that Brendan would have let them all
      go if he wasn't convinced we would have got players in to replace them.

Not forgivable that we heavily weakened the one area we so desperately needed
      to strengthen. I'd place the blame more on the owners for that though. It's clear
      they've used Brendan's appointment to clear out senior players on high wages.

That's a discussion for another thread though. I have more faith in Brendan than
      I do in FSG. His biggest challenge will be getting the results we will all demand with
      the thinnest squad I can remember us having.

He has talked up the younger players in that interview and it's pretty clear that this
      season we are going to see us blood a lot of them. Maybe, more so than his football
      philosophy, the reason FSG appointed Brendan is his ability to work with young players.

He's mentioned Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Morgan and we've seen Yesil do well yesterday
      in the U19s. We've yet to see Assaidi and we all know Coates. What is abundantly clear
      is that we will rely on these players for squad depth.

That is where our uncertainty lies. I've a lot of faith in Brendan. My concern is that he has
      been given a large task to perform and no fall back. It's not like he has experienced players
      to call upon if the youngsters don't work. Keeping Carroll or Kuyt would have given us options.
      Getting Dempsey would have given us an option. As it is we are looking to Sterling, Morgan, Assaidi
      and Yesil and saying "Go ahead lads fill a void for us".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2718: Sep 07, 2012 02:23:09 pm
      Lucas has become our new scout for the next 3 months while he is injured,Very in dept interview....

Practical and thrifty and not bad PR - the owners will love it  :f_tongueincheek:
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #2719: Sep 07, 2012 02:40:21 pm
      Just watched that Brendan interview and would say he needs to chained to his desk in case we lose him.Have never seen such an open session with so much energy and passion.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2720: Sep 07, 2012 02:51:36 pm
      TAW is always very good. Anyone else listen to their podcasts, asides me?

I listen to most of them, especially the Monday podcasts. They ooze common sense.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2721: Sep 07, 2012 02:58:58 pm
      I listen to most of them, especially the Monday podcasts. They ooze common sense.

Daft question HtH but do you have to subscribe or can you get 'em on itunes?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2722: Sep 07, 2012 04:55:26 pm

No mate you can get them on iTunes. I usually just go their website and just listen the direct download since I don't care much for iTunes, personally.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #2723: Sep 07, 2012 04:58:50 pm

No, you don't have to subscribe. They are available to download on iTunes and from their website http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #2724: Sep 07, 2012 06:03:21 pm
      No mate you can get them on iTunes. I usually just go their website and just listen the direct download since I don't care much for iTunes, personally.

No, you don't have to subscribe. They are available to download on iTunes and from their website http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/

Thanks both - appreciated.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #2725: Sep 09, 2012 11:58:04 am
      Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers to receive help from 'technical committeeā€™

Liverpool are to announce the creation of a ā€œtechnical committeeā€ of ā€œfootball peopleā€ in an attempt to avoid a repeat of the transfer deadline day debacle that led to the club allowing Andy Carroll to go out on loan without a replacement striker being signed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9531116/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-to-receive-help-from-technical-committee.html

Don't know how the Boss would feel about this.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1525 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2726: Sep 09, 2012 12:13:36 pm
      Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers to receive help from 'technical committeeā€™

Liverpool are to announce the creation of a ā€œtechnical committeeā€ of ā€œfootball peopleā€ in an attempt to avoid a repeat of the transfer deadline day debacle that led to the club allowing Andy Carroll to go out on loan without a replacement striker being signed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9531116/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-to-receive-help-from-technical-committee.html

Don't know how the Boss would feel about this.
      I know how I feel.

I wish they'd bugger off interfering with the boss, and let him run things as he wants to.

After all, what manager needs advice about buying/selling players?

Fsg just do my head in!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2727: Sep 09, 2012 01:48:37 pm
      Technical committee, F***ing hell these yanks really havent a F***ing clue have they.

Rodgers has the impossible job
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1525 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2728: Sep 09, 2012 02:00:27 pm
      Technical committee, F***ing hell these yanks really havent a F***ing clue have they.

Rodgers has the impossible job
      The more I read about FSG, the less I like
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2729: Sep 09, 2012 02:04:24 pm
      The more I read about FSG, the less I like

I could handle a director of football but a F***ing committee, a see sh*te like that in politics a lot and it is usually used to deflect the blame from the top
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2730: Sep 09, 2012 02:05:38 pm
      Not going to blow my load and get angry, yet.  Not until we actually have information on what they will actually do and not just the ever so reliable press speculation.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2731: Sep 09, 2012 02:09:50 pm
      Not going to blow my load and get angry, yet.  Not until we actually have information on what they will actually do and not just the ever so reliable press speculation.

You havent got angry about much yet with FSG Rod, fair play to you
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2732: Sep 09, 2012 02:12:43 pm
      In fact I knew that was coming considering BR words about "a group of people helping him". Think he has nothing against that and that's all I want to know.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2733: Sep 09, 2012 02:13:40 pm
      You havent got angry about much yet with FSG Rod, fair play to you

I'm a fairly calm individual and keep my feelings bottled up like a good boy.  :)

I've had complaints about their running of things, but see no point in blowing my fuse every time they do something I don't agree with, because you'd end up being angry most the time, going all the way back to day one of my fandom.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2734: Sep 09, 2012 02:18:21 pm
      Dont think he can succeed in the long run with FSG limited resources but hope he is given time I really rate Rodgers as a decent young manager.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2735: Sep 09, 2012 02:44:23 pm
      In fact I knew that was coming considering BR words about "a group of people helping him". Think he has nothing against that and that's all I want to know.

Again, nothing but speculation in the paper, but considering some of Rodger's recent statements, who is to say he didn't have a hand in this?  Unless, of course, you're a person that's already made up their mind.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2736: Sep 09, 2012 02:46:18 pm
      Again, nothing but speculation in the paper, but considering some of Rodger's recent statements, who is to say he didn't have a hand in this?  Unless, of course, you're a person that's already made up their mind.

Or maybe he didnt can be spun anyway to suit anyones argument

Quick Reply