Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3073404 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18883: Oct 28, 2014 02:53:05 pm
      That's how it works for me as well.
      I really, really don't like this stuff about "who's to blame".
      It's football, sh*t happens, although generally, I think the same about blowing off some steam.
      If it was an exact science, people might have a point about "blame", but it simply doesn't work that way.

Exactly.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18884: Oct 28, 2014 03:02:34 pm
      I do understand your points Debs and Swab, but I prefer people being honest and don't really see the point in people acting like trained seals if they don't feel that way. I do get annoyed when people go over the top , but this is a football forum not Anfield.

I see it more as a place were we can share our thoughts on the club and the players and part of that for me anyway means sometimes we criticize the players the team and the manager.

I don't like people abusing players or the manager, but as for general criticism I either agree with them or don't, but it doesn't bother me. If someone points out that a player is playing poorly or that the manager has picked the wrong team .... to me it is just a topic of discussion not something to worry about.

We can all shut our eyes think of England and pretend everything is great ... but there wouldn't be much discussion would there?

Topic 1/

I think Brendan is wonderful 

So do I

CLOSE TOPIC
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18885: Oct 28, 2014 03:09:14 pm
      Scapegoats, blame and confusion.
      Very useful accessories to conceal an ulterior motive or simply obfuscate to distract from the real issues.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18886: Oct 28, 2014 03:14:16 pm
      I'm not so much worried about the Gaffer's ability to turn things around, I'm more concerned about his seemingly stubborn resistance to change systems and personnel

Oh, and his posh trendy shoes; I hate them! :mad:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18887: Oct 28, 2014 03:17:31 pm
      Scapegoats, blame and confusion.
      Very useful accessories to conceal an ulterior motive or simply obfuscate to distract from the real issues.

Which are? Oh by the way obfuscate... Bravo!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #18888: Oct 28, 2014 03:28:30 pm
      As a collective FSG,the Committee & Rodgers have a share of blame to carry as they were all involved in the process of recruitment in the summer.

FSG- Budget.

Committee- Identify,Negotiate fees.

Rodgers- Correct player for team/set up & final say.

As a collective I guess they will fix it or one will fall on their sword.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18889: Oct 28, 2014 03:33:25 pm
      I'm not so much worried about the Gaffer's ability to turn things around, I'm more concerned about his seemingly stubborn resistance to change systems and personnel

But doesn't last year prove this isn't exactly true? We changed our system loads of times last year (3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 diamond) and this year Brendan's rotated a bit more due to having a larger squad. Our only issue this time around seems to be figuring out a striker or strike partnership -- none of the options are particularly great at the moment between Balotelli not quite fitting in, Lambert and Borini.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18890: Oct 28, 2014 03:44:47 pm
      OK OK perhaps I was being a bit hasty in my criticism of Brendan unless the article by Suarez in the Guardian was hacked by RedDebs ;-)

In all seriousness I do have respect for what Brendan did last season and I'm certainly not asking for him to be sacked......yet, but I am baffled and immensely irritated that he can't sort out the defense and also that he continues to play Balotelli as a lone striker. Yes I agree that Lambert and Borini are crap but it would still be a system which suited Balotelli and therefor the team more(playing 2 strikers)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18891: Oct 28, 2014 03:45:18 pm
      I do understand your points Debs and Swab, but I prefer people being honest and don't really see the point in people acting like trained seals if they don't feel that way. I do get annoyed when people go over the top , but this is a football forum not Anfield.

I see it more as a place were we can share our thoughts on the club and the players and part of that for me anyway means sometimes we criticize the players the team and the manager.

I don't like people abusing players or the manager, but as for general criticism I either agree with them or don't, but it doesn't bother me. If someone points out that a player is playing poorly or that the manager has picked the wrong team .... to me it is just a topic of discussion not something to worry about.

And I agree totally in what you say Saint. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "constructive criticism" as that's people suggesting means and ways to improve things and as you say, open up a discussion between forum members. 

As you say it's the OTT stuff that grates and I don't just mean towards the Club, Brendan or the players but towards fellow forum members.  For example, it's not nice when you've posted an "honest" post to then have someone tell you, or imply that, you're behaving like a "trained seal"  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I get that not everybody can see any positives but as posted previously when my positivity is used as a personal criticism against me, that is also OTT.

Ok maybe I shouldn't be such a sensitive little soul but believe me, you guys would prefer me as I am normally and not how I can become when I've had enough and really lose it. 

The Hulk is a helpless kitten in comparison  ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18892: Oct 28, 2014 03:49:45 pm

And we have a new winner ladies and gents  8)

Your lad hadn't hacked your account since the end of last season has he?
       :angel:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18893: Oct 28, 2014 03:51:22 pm
      Edit: Not really sure what has happened to the set up of that post, i cant seem to fix it either and its not like it in the preview

Fixed it, the problem came from you using the square brackets instead of rounded ones for the following phrase:

As long as you plan the (right) high purchase tends to work.

It forced all the following text to align to the right.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18894: Oct 28, 2014 03:53:20 pm
      Which are? Oh by the way obfuscate... Bravo!

Are you dyslexic?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18895: Oct 28, 2014 03:54:05 pm
      And I agree totally in what you say Saint. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "constructive criticism" as that's people suggesting means and ways to improve things and as you say, open up a discussion between forum members. 

As you say it's the OTT stuff that grates and I don't just mean towards the Club, Brendan or the players but towards fellow forum members.  For example, it's not nice when you've posted an "honest" post to then have someone tell you, or imply that, you're behaving like a "trained seal"  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I get that not everybody can see any positives but as posted previously when my positivity is used as a personal criticism against me, that is also OTT.

Ok maybe I shouldn't be such a sensitive little soul but believe me, you guys would prefer me as I am normally and not how I can become when I've had enough and really lose it. 

The Hulk is a helpless kitten in comparison  ;D

I think you may have taken my trained seal comment wrong mate. You are only a trained seal if you clap when you don't mean it. You are obviously a positive person not someone who claps on command .... so it didn't apply to you. Sorry for any confusion.

Bit convoluted but I hope you understand?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18896: Oct 28, 2014 04:06:27 pm

Argumentative much? "Very useful accessories to conceal an ulterior motive"... which is (excuse me)?

Bravo on the use of the word obfuscate.

Some people are clearly insecure when you give them a compliment!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #18897: Oct 28, 2014 04:08:32 pm

We can all shut our eyes think of England and pretend everything is great ... but there wouldn't be much discussion would there?

Topic 1/

I think Brendan is wonderful 

So do I

CLOSE TOPIC

I'm all for discussion mate.
      Football would be a pretty boring sport without it and without different opinions.

What gets me is when the first thing people do is look to place blame.
      That's not constructive criticism, that's looking for a scapegoat.

I think pointing out players who have had a bad game is good for discussion as well, no problems with it at all.
      The problem (for me) comes when every mistake a player makes is magnified, and everything good he does is ignored.
      That's scapegoating.

This seasons scapegoat is Balotelli.
      Last seasons was Johnson.
      Before that was Lucas, and Henderson.
      We see people slagging them about everything and anything, from patting their hair to the colour of their boots.

What I'm saying, in a round about way, is that discussion is one thing, jumping on a scapegoating bandwagon is quite another and when this happens football gets ignored and it becomes personal.

Where's the need for it?
      It just creates division and strife.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18898: Oct 28, 2014 04:14:18 pm
      I think you may have taken my trained seal comment wrong mate. You are only a trained seal if you clap when you don't mean it. You are obviously a positive person not someone who claps on command .... so it didn't apply to you. Sorry for any confusion.

Bit convoluted but I hope you understand?

It's fine mate, I didn't take your post as a personal criticism, I just used that phrase as an example but there's been plenty of others like happy, clappy campers or something similar.  You're definitely not one of the guilty, your posts are usually level headed responses when others do go ott. 

I can usually ignore the negative sh*te as I prefer to bring a different slant to the discussions or try to add a little perspective to what can easily become a merry go round of "he said, she said", sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Anyway we're supposed to be discussing Brendan, hope he's topped his St. Tropez up for tonight, it's so easy to look a bit pasty under the lights  :rasp:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18899: Oct 28, 2014 04:22:07 pm
      And we have a new winner ladies and gents  8)

Your lad hadn't hacked your account since the end of last season has he?
       :angel:
      :D I was just extracting the urine
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18900: Oct 28, 2014 05:33:40 pm
      Argumentative much? "Very useful accessories to conceal an ulterior motive"... which is (excuse me)?

Bravo on the use of the word obfuscate.

Some people are clearly insecure when you give them a compliment!

Scapegoats, blame and confusion are ideal accessories with which to mask an ulterior motive or agenda, I apologise if the layout of the post confused you.
      Obfuscate is a familiar word so I assumed your comment was as confused as your perception of the printed word in anything but a straight line.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18901: Oct 28, 2014 05:47:28 pm
      Scapegoats, blame and confusion are ideal accessories with which to mask an ulterior motive or agenda, I apologise if the layout of the post confused you.
      Obfuscate is a familiar word so I assumed your comment was as confused as your perception of the printed word in anything but a straight line.

Keyboard hard man. Give yourself a slap.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18902: Oct 28, 2014 05:53:10 pm
      Keyboard hard man. Give yourself a slap.

Behave your F***ing self.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #18903: Oct 28, 2014 05:56:02 pm
      Calm down calm down ;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18904: Oct 28, 2014 06:17:59 pm

Ha I'm completely calm.

Moving on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18905: Oct 28, 2014 06:35:17 pm
      He obviously needs to find a way to win games without one of the best players in the world in Luis Suarez! And I'm willing to believe that we thought he would still be with us this season before he went off to the world cup. I do also feel sorry for him in the loss of Sturridge, but we are verging on being reliant on him and for that, after spending bug sums of money on many players, questions have to be asked.

Likewise the defence is still a shambles after  big investment on the back line to! In the end i think it all boils down to recruitment and I'm not sure his record in that department is good enough.

Quick Reply