Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3067350 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20470: Nov 21, 2014 03:40:57 pm
      “That wasn’t the game that cost us. The damage was always done in the Chelsea game. That was the one that changed it for us. But on reflection I was extremely proud."

I was lambasted earlier for pointing out that the manager had this view.

I think most rational fans knew that just a couple of people on here in denial.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20471: Nov 21, 2014 03:42:29 pm
      Big week.
      Unlike the 'Madrid/Chelsea week', the C Palace/Ludogrets games are ones people will be looking for 3 points in.
      So imo, more pressure on BR now for these latter two games, that the former two.

Will he 'rest' guys pre the CL match? Or vice versa. With the lines between 'PL XI' and 'Cup XI' (you know what I mean) so blurred, hard to predict who will play in each. Both important games. For me, PL pretty much always trumps CL - but we'll see what he does.

Rest players?? The majority have just had 2 weeks off haven't they???
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20472: Nov 21, 2014 03:43:44 pm
      Rest players?? The majority have just had 2 weeks off haven't they???

No mate, they've been on International duty.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20473: Nov 21, 2014 03:46:44 pm
      “That wasn’t the game that cost us. The damage was always done in the Chelsea game. That was the one that changed it for us. But on reflection I was extremely proud."

I was lambasted earlier for pointing out that the manager had this view.

What on earth is he proud about?? The fact that he employed incorrect tactics in 2 consecutive games? Against Chelsea he should have played ultra defensive and maybe try to knick a goal on the break and at 3-1 up against Crystal Palace he should have shut up shop. Not much to be proud off when you F**k things up like that!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20474: Nov 21, 2014 03:47:51 pm
      No mate, they've been on International duty.

One international and one friendly and a lot of them didn't play so they should be fairly well rested in my opinion.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20475: Nov 21, 2014 03:48:17 pm
      I'm certainly not, because if the manager fails to sign a striker, this place will go into meltdown.

... and the problem is that agents and other parasites know this so by false economy we will pay through the nose.
      All the best strikers are cup tied for CL etc  so  ..... its another fine mess they have got us into.

Article reminds me :  £17 mill for Ayre's  "marquee" signing Sakho !
      Another bad joke .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20476: Nov 21, 2014 04:05:04 pm
      Here are the quotes from the boss

On last season’s 3-3 draw at Palace, and Sunday’s game:

“That wasn’t the game that cost us.
      The damage was always done in the Chelsea game.
      That was the one that changed it for us.

“Maybe the excitement to claw back the goal difference on Manchester City overtook us.

I strongly disagree with this bit ..."Neil Warnock is a wonderful manager"

FFS  RODGERS  !

Another one putting  all the blame on the Chelsea game  .....   ergo .....  Stevie  and the slip.
      The f**king Manager !

Damage done in the Chelsea game ?
      No it f**king wasnt . It was done over 38 games of his mis -management

What a snidy ,sly, concealed, loaded comment.

I posted a news article yesterday which was referrring to Rodgers taking the credit  for good stuff and putting blame out on others when things go wrong.

That wasnt the game that changed it.   

There were plenty of games previously that we dropped points on because he didnt correctly set the team up , have the competent players or his useless tactics.  The season is 38 games long.

Any semblance of respect or hope for the incumbent mnager has now gone completely out the window.

Can you imagine Shanks , Bob  Rafa  or Kenny dropping blame on one game like that ?   F**k .  KK walked through fire for his players. Remember Luis ?

Sooner gone the better

(This reminds me of an obnoxious like minded "poster" on the forum.)
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2014 05:36:23 pm by eurored »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20477: Nov 21, 2014 04:09:45 pm
      One international and one friendly and a lot of them didn't play so they should be fairly well rested in my opinion.

Maybe so but 14 of them still travelled and trained with their International teams so they were hardly at home with their feet up.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20478: Nov 21, 2014 04:18:26 pm

FFS  RODGERS  !

Another one putting  all the blame on the Chelsea game  .....   ergo .....  Stevie  and the slip.
      The f**king Manager !
      Sooner gone the better

Well it's nice to be proven right - you're welcome Eurored.

And just to be clear you're now calling for Brendan to get the sack, yes?
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20479: Nov 21, 2014 04:32:01 pm

FFS  RODGERS  !

The f**king Manager !

Damage done in the Chelsea game ?
      No it f**king wasnt . It was done over 38 games of his mis -management

What a snidy sly concealed loaded comment.

I posted an news article yesterday which was referrring to Rodgers taking the credit  for good stuff and putting blame out on others when things go wrong.

That wasnt the game that changed it.   

There were plenty of games previously that we dropped points on because he didnt correctly set the team up , have the competent players or his useless tactics.  The season is 38 games long.

Any semblance of respect or hope for the incumbent mnager has now gone completely out the window.

Can you imagine Shanks , Bob  Rafa  or Kenny dropping blame on one game like that ?   F**k .  KK walked through fire for his players. Remember Luis ?

Sooner gone the better

(This reminds me of an obnoxious like minded "poster" on the forum.)
      Sadly i have to agree with you here. Damage was done on Chelsea game? Its no good blaming one game, especially one we lost because of an individual mistake from a player.

I noticed Mourinho and SAF doing something stupid when one of their player did something nasty in the pitch, and taking the spot light entirely to themselves.  Compare that with BR here, putting the blame on Balotelli for not scoring, blaming the defenders for lack of leadership when one was a key figure in France squad, another was the Danish captain and more importantly the issue was the system and coaching rather than lack of individual ability.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20480: Nov 21, 2014 04:41:54 pm
      Sadly i have to agree with you here. Damage was done on Chelsea game? Its no good blaming one game, especially one we lost because of an individual mistake from a player.

I noticed Mourinho and SAF doing something stupid when one of their player did something nasty in the pitch, and taking the spot light entirely to themselves.  Compare that with BR here, putting the blame on Balotelli for not scoring, blaming the defenders for lack of leadership when one was a key figure in France squad, another was the Danish captain and more importantly the issue was the system and coaching rather than lack of individual ability.

I'd throw King Kenny in there too fella. He was the first and last line of defence when it came to the media, it would have been an absolute joy to play under him because you knew no matter what he'd have your back.

It was something Kenny never got nearly enough credit for, in fact he was lambasted for his "frosty nature towards the media", which was total bollocks, he treated them with the disdain they deserve and I loved it. Brendan needs to earn more lessons from the King in that respect, last year he did well with the "one game at a time" deflection when they tried to draw him in on the title. I've been disappointed on numerous occasions regarding the blame/credit game though, he's too often found passing the buck onto single players for my liking, something that should be done well away from the begging vultures.

When it comes to credit though he laps up the praise, something that does feed the theory that he has an ego a little too big at the moment. Perhaps he feels the pressure for having no success in his CV so far so needs to shine a light on himself at the moment. It's something that's understandable but naive. Any negative towards anyone at the club should be stopped before it has a chance to grow, he'd earn more respect from me and I believe from the players too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #20481: Nov 21, 2014 04:46:54 pm
      I just don't get some of the idiots that trawl this forum. What has Rodgers said that is so heinous or factually wrong?

In the words of Rafa it's a fact once we lost against Chelsea then the destiny of the title was out of our hands and we would have to rely on city dropping points.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20482: Nov 21, 2014 04:55:55 pm
      I just don't get some of the idiots that trawl this forum. What has Rodgers said that is so heinous or factually wrong?

In the words of Rafa it's a fact once we lost against Chelsea then the destiny of the title was out of our hands and we would have to rely on city dropping points.

It's because no criticism can ever be levelled at Stevie because he is a local lad and can therefore do no wrong.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20483: Nov 21, 2014 05:01:26 pm
      I'd throw King Kenny in there too fella. He was the first and last line of defence when it came to the media, it would have been an absolute joy to play under him because you knew no matter what he'd have your back.

It was something Kenny never got nearly enough credit for, in fact he was lambasted for his "frosty nature towards the media", which was total bollocks, he treated them with the disdain they deserve and I loved it. Brendan needs to earn more lessons from the King in that respect, last year he did well with the "one game at a time" deflection when they tried to draw him in on the title. I've been disappointed on numerous occasions regarding the blame/credit game though, he's too often found passing the buck onto single players for my liking, something that should be done well away from the begging vultures.

When it comes to credit though he laps up the praise, something that does feed the theory that he has an ego a little too big at the moment. Perhaps he feels the pressure for having no success in his CV so far so needs to shine a light on himself at the moment. It's something that's understandable but naive. Any negative towards anyone at the club should be stopped before it has a chance to grow, he'd earn more respect from me and I believe from the players too.

Exactly.

If you check out the top mangers who has achieved great things, all are/were ruthless, ready to accept the mistakes and correct it.

Remember Guardiola's first season? Had absolutely no experience managing a top team. His team were filled with super stars like Ronaldinho,Deco,Eto etc. 
      Even though Ronaldinho had some injury worries, he was at the back off a 20+ goals season and was a legend there. Then he came up with this,

"All of the players in the first-team squad last season are of a very high level," he said. "But with the technical secretary we are forming a squad and Deco, Ronaldinho, and Eto'o are not in our minds."
      "If I felt that he wanted to be the player he was again, he would be here," he added. "But the situation has deteriorated and the solution is to build a strong dressing-room."
      That is the sign of a top class manger. Who feels no one is bigger than the club and do the sensible thing, that is phase out older players gradually and plan for the future. Buy/sell players based on the working system. Remember Mourinho sold Mata( continuous fans player of the year) because he doesn't fit his system. Here BR brought players that are not suitable for his system ( the crazy thing is, all most every one knew that he won't fit in our system).
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20484: Nov 21, 2014 05:29:37 pm
      Ferguson may have been  a c**t but whilst he was managing ...like Kenny ...he would hear no wrong against his players...... and take the heat publicly.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #20485: Nov 21, 2014 05:33:03 pm
      I still don't see where Rodgers is blaming Gerrard. Unless I missed something, he simply said that he thought it was lost at the Chelsea game.

And as many have said, his tactics proved to be incorrect against Chelsea so he's just as much blaming himself as anyone else.

If a manager can't even look back in retrospect to provide an analysis of a situation that's already been played out, then I think we are getting a little bit reactionary.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #20486: Nov 21, 2014 05:36:06 pm
      Very good press conference from Brendan.
      Seems bullish.
      He'll need to be.

Not about Mig being competition for Reina again is he? :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20487: Nov 21, 2014 05:37:49 pm
      Well it's nice to be proven right - you're welcome Eurored.

And just to be clear you're now calling for Brendan to get the sack, yes?

Rodgers seemingly has sunk to a new level : yours.

Stevie's slip to blame.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20488: Nov 21, 2014 05:40:29 pm
      I still don't see where Rodgers is blaming Gerrard. Unless I missed something, he simply said that he thought it was lost at the Chelsea game.

And as many have said, his tactics proved to be incorrect against Chelsea so he's just as much blaming himself as anyone else.

If a manager can't even look back in retrospect to provide an analysis of a situation that's already been played out, then I think we are getting a little bit reactionary.

FL.

Its subtle.

Blaming the loss of the title on that one game..... and we all know what happened it that game dont we.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #20489: Nov 21, 2014 05:41:47 pm

Stevie's slip to blame.

Stop making stuff up and making yourself look like a idiot in the process. He has said nothing of the sort.

Look we know you want to get rid of Rodgers but stick to the facts.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20490: Nov 21, 2014 05:41:59 pm

Stevie's slip to blame.

I think he has a point in fairness, although in my opinion it was the whole team and manager to blame because there was simply no need for us to be chasing that game.
      If it was BR's plan to go after chelsea, I think senior players should have the balls to stand up and say that it wasn't needed, but even if they did or didn't, the plan was wrong.
      If it was the players on the pitch doing what had previously served them well, then I think the skipper has to hold his hand up because he should have been calming things down.

The slip itself was simple misfortune, and could have happened to anyone, but the question remains as to why we were chasing a game we didn't need to win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #20491: Nov 21, 2014 05:44:56 pm
      I think the Boss's tongue has slipped more that Stevie's foot this season :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #20492: Nov 21, 2014 05:47:20 pm
      FL.

Its subtle.

Blaming the loss of the title on that one game..... and we all know what happened it that game dont we.

Sorry Skip, I see it different......be no different than if someone asked me which game I thought was the one that changed the outcome of the season for us. That game would be it. If we'd have won that game, likely we'd have won the title. Gerrard's slip was one play of many that happened that day and if any of several of those had gone the other way for us, we'd have won. I think you are looking for something that may or may not be there.

Quick Reply