Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3067374 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20539: Nov 22, 2014 06:28:05 am
      Turning your back on Rodger's now,  is like turning your back on  Fowler/Owen/Torres/Suarez when they hit a goal drought.  There is plenty of time to turn things around.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #20540: Nov 22, 2014 08:16:31 am
      Not surprised Martinez was wanted by JWH, was photographed with Martinez to gauge opinion & Martinez did state as bull horn mouth Dave Whelan that JWH offered Martinez the job.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20541: Nov 22, 2014 08:19:42 am
      Wonder how Andy Carroll feels big centre forward target man told not in plans because we will play a different way and now we have Mario a big target man seems a bit of a turn around. Looks more and more like a signing of desperation.
      The Palace game was a critical one last season its that again now for different reasons his team selection will be telling.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #20542: Nov 22, 2014 08:57:49 am
      Still feels like a knife through the heart watching that!  My 11 year old nearly cried at the time!
      Dont worry about your 11year old think I did have a secret tear in the night so wish I hadn't watched that video again .ynwa

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #20543: Nov 22, 2014 09:16:39 am
      Sor' i' ou' Brendan, for o'vious reasons fella! The overs being, shi' threads, posts and pining will dissipa'e qui'er than a fi'le fan can say fair wever.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #20544: Nov 22, 2014 09:24:47 am

Who gives a sh*t what Carroll feels?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20545: Nov 22, 2014 10:10:08 am
      The day I take anything Duncan Castles writes as gospel will be the day I pop my clogs...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #20546: Nov 22, 2014 10:12:25 am
      The day I take anything Duncan Castles writes as gospel will be the day I pop my clogs...

Was thinking similar.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #20547: Nov 22, 2014 10:18:32 am
      Really? A draw was enough and Chelsea didn't come to win, we gifted them the game when we pressed so high up the pitch and got hit on the break twice! Oh and 0-3 up against Palace and we kept at it too... A draw and an easy win the title was ours. BR has no experience in these positions and it showed, now we are seeing it in Europe. But he has his notepad which i'am sure will help??

It helped us win 11 league games in a row scoring a zillion goals though didn't it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #20548: Nov 22, 2014 10:19:42 am
      It helped us win 11 league games in a row scoring a zillion goals though didn't it?

It did indeed.

We may not have been even in with a chance of winning the league by the time of that Chelsea game if we didn't play like we did beforehand.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #20549: Nov 22, 2014 11:06:03 am
      if we won't win away at crystal and our playing style doesnt improve, he should go, there's no more excuses left mr brendan
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20550: Nov 22, 2014 12:17:33 pm
      if we won't win away at crystal and our playing style doesnt improve, he should go, there's no more excuses left mr brendan
      Should Wenger, Pellegrini and Pottinchino all be sacked too, if their respective teams lose?
      Maybe we should bring in Big Sam,  he's doing well now!
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20551: Nov 22, 2014 12:23:45 pm
      Then what?
      I disagree with some of the things he says. However he is a really good manager. Suarez or not , a bad manager will not come close to the title with a team that is languishing mid table. When results starts to get better, including me everyone will stop bothering about his interviews and all.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20552: Nov 22, 2014 12:32:32 pm
      This ...

Really?
      A draw was enough and Chelsea didn't come to win, we gifted them the game when we pressed so high up the pitch and got hit on the break twice!
      Oh and 0-3 up against Palace and we kept at it too... A draw and an easy win the title was ours.
      BR has no experience in these positions and it showed, now we are seeing it in Europe.
      But he has his notepad which i'am sure will help??

and this ...

You know, with Sturridge being injured for another six weeks, we're going to learn a lot about Brendan Rodgers.
      It's relatively easy to manage a team when they're playing great football and scaring the sh*t out of teams week-in, week-out but it's times like this when everything has gone to pot that a manager really has to earn his stripes.
      If he is unable to adapt the team to situation we're in and turn this around then his critics will be proven right.
      If he does the opposite and pulls us out of the mire by sheer tactical genius then his critics will be proven wrong once and for all.
      Was last season carried by Suarez?

We'll know by January.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20553: Nov 22, 2014 12:38:54 pm
      Was last season carried by Suarez? We'll know by January.
      I think we already know that Luis along with Daniel were just out of this world and they also gave Stevie a real lift and his performances were fantastic to.
      Now basically we have a team without those three (yes I know Stevie is still here but he is a shadow of his former self) and its is a massive hole to fill and we just have not filled it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #20554: Nov 22, 2014 12:57:05 pm

So what is the plan after that?

I'm no fan of West Ham or Newcastle but just look what sticking with their manager has done to both those teams.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20555: Nov 22, 2014 01:54:12 pm
      you know all this would stop if they put a winning run of 3 or 4 games together.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20556: Nov 22, 2014 02:03:28 pm
      you know all this would stop if they put a winning run of 3 or 4 games together.

It would, and it would start again as soon as we lost. Unfortunately that's the nature of the game these days.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20557: Nov 22, 2014 02:04:48 pm
      It would, and it would start again as soon as we lost. Unfortunately that's the nature of the game these days.

just keep winning then simples
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20558: Nov 22, 2014 02:15:49 pm
      The one thing I find really strange is that after such a great season as we had last season and after being our manager for over 2 seasons, I still don't feel I have anything invested in him. I just haven't connected on a personal/emotional level at all.

I think he is a good manager and as long as he gets the results that is all that matters, but if he left tomorrow, apart from the fact I think we would have lost a good manager and Liverpool fc might suffer as a consequence, I don't think it would bother me at all.

asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #20559: Nov 22, 2014 02:25:20 pm
      The one thing I find really strange is that after such a great season as we had last season and after being our manager for over 2 seasons, I still don't feel I have anything invested in him. I just haven't connected on a personal/emotional level at all.

True that. Even during Hodson's days that feeling was there. That he is the one, he is a quality manager and we will sink without him.

Na  :D.F**k Owl.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20560: Nov 22, 2014 02:51:54 pm

I think he is a good manager and as long as he gets the results that is all that matters, but if he left tomorrow, apart from the fact I think we would have lost a good manager and Liverpool fc might suffer as a consequence, I don't think it would bother me at all.

I still don't know him and I don't know how much of what he says is actually what he thinks.
      I think he talks to the media far too frequently and says far too much to them.
      I think he gets of on them sitting there in the Press conference just listening to him alone.
      I don't think he has "got us " yet and being friendly with the media is not a good idea but he craves the attention.
      He loved the attention last season when Luis and Daniel destroyed teams and still seems quite happy to talk
      ad-infinitum to them when we are doing sh*te.
      Still think he could make a long term great manager but he needs to back out of the lime light stay in the shadows and give the type of support to the players that whiskeynose did.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #20561: Nov 22, 2014 03:29:14 pm
      I still don't know him and I don't know how much of what he says is actually what he thinks.
      I think he talks to the media far too frequently and says far too much to them.
      I think he gets of on them sitting there in the Press conference just listening to him alone.
      I don't think he has "got us " yet and being friendly with the media is not a good idea but he craves the attention.
      He loved the attention last season when Luis and Daniel destroyed teams and still seems quite happy to talk
      ad-infinitum to them when we are doing sh*te.
      Still think he could make a long term great manager but he needs to back out of the lime light stay in the shadows and give the type of support to the players that whiskeynose did.

I absolutely think he gets us. Whether he talks too much is another debate.

Also, if you say you don't know him, but he also talks too much...well how are we supposed to get to know him if you don't want him talking?

Quick Reply