Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 18th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086905 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #22678: Dec 16, 2014 08:49:24 pm
      Where  do we go now the last thing I want is a new guy in charge with all the changes that comes with that yet Rogers do not do anything that looks like he knows what he's doing, going though his signings we look as though we should be doing a lot better and half are crap the other half good yet he hardly plays them other than Lovren, Allen, Balotelli (51 mill) and not one of them are that good, of the players I do like some get games occasionally (the two spanish full backs) while others like Can (hardly gets a look in), Lallana for all his skill gets very little time for our most expensive signing so how will we ever see his best when he is left on the bench for half the games, I thought Markovich is making headway and then is not brought on in a game that may have been his chance to get the other night out of his system, the defense is changed almost every game  and when he seems to start getting it right by using Toure and Lucas He reverts back to what do not work in a game against our biggest and most hated foes, I am confused and I really wonder if this guy knows what he is doing and from where I'm standing I do not think he has a clue how to move on and away from the confusion he's caused by his picking teams he thinks are going to win the games and the rest of us watch with our hands over our eye's. (Are we becoming Reading pt.2).
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22679: Dec 16, 2014 09:14:22 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30499446

Steve Clarke joins Reading as new Manager.
      Out of work for 12 months he was.

One moment he was there ... the next he's gone.

Aye

Waiting for a managers job he was

Can't believe  he has gone in as a cleaner at Hartlepool..
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22680: Dec 16, 2014 09:22:58 pm

Best post you've made for weeks
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,689 posts | 3908 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22681: Dec 16, 2014 09:23:33 pm
      I'm not sure I can remember him having to contend with his best player, the fella who was second top scorer in the league being out all season mate but fair enough if it is the case. Equally, I thought I remembered whenever we were discussing Rafa's spend that the numbers were always broken down to a NET figure (which always seemed fair enough to me at the time). I note that this is no longer the case now we are discussing "Rodgers". Equally there seems little appetite to discuss wage bill reduction under the current manager (which again is fair enough, I can't be @rsed to talk about it either). Equally, whereas people could seemingly reel off an ever lengthening list of players which Rafa had wanted during his "hands tied behind his back" period (usually anybody in World football who was playing well at the time as I recall), there seems little urge to do the same with this manager.

My point is though I try not to go in for too many double standards if I can avoid it. I thought Rafa had run his race when he took us into 7th the season after having us challenge the season before, and if Brendan doesn't have us either challenging for the top four or winning trophies by the end of this season , I'll think the same about him too.   

09/10 Torres and Gerrard struggled with injuries. Our new signings were flops. All after finishing 2nd.

History repeating and all that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,688 posts | 6981 
      Reply #22682: Dec 16, 2014 09:23:49 pm
      so I'll just leave it at saying that I think if Brendan doesn't do better than Benitez did in his "follow up" season, he should go too.

Totally agree with many points you raise. Think there was several key differences with Rafa 09 to Rodgers 14 in a whole number of aspects which may not be as favourable to Brendan.

Win the next four games and he's back in business.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22683: Dec 16, 2014 09:26:13 pm

Look whose sniping  ....
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22684: Dec 16, 2014 09:27:28 pm
      09/10 Torres and Gerrard struggled with injuries. Our new signings were flops. All after finishing 2nd.

History repeating and all that.

Very frustrating isn't it mate

To lose your best player through leaving the club and arguably your second most important one through injury is simply just a kick in the bollocks for us all.

I genuinely wonder what the owners are thinking, in terms of if they are still completely calm or are getting twitchy

Such a drain this season
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,689 posts | 3908 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22685: Dec 16, 2014 09:43:45 pm
      Very frustrating isn't it mate

To lose your best player through leaving the club and arguably your second most important one through injury is simply just a kick in the bollocks for us all.

I genuinely wonder what the owners are thinking, in terms of if they are still completely calm or are getting twitchy

Such a drain this season

After the high of last season, it's a slog alright.
      The loss of Suarez and Sturridge would hurt any team.

Our fall has been spectacular even then.
      That's because the new players, with a couple of exceptions, have been terrible.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22686: Dec 16, 2014 09:48:30 pm

Jon it is evident you do not agree with Skip and his opinion of Brendan Rodgers as our manager. Just as you think  Brendan is the right man for the job Skip is entitled to have the opinion he is not. With the standard of football and the results we have had this season I personally agree with Skips opinion. Also you want Fenway to give Brendan more Leeway than they ever gave Kenny Dalglish why is this.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22687: Dec 16, 2014 09:49:04 pm

Was there a magician involved ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22688: Dec 16, 2014 09:56:02 pm
      Jon it is evident you do not agree with Skip and his opinion of Brendan Rodgers as our manager. Just as you think  Brendan is the right man for the job Skip is entitled to have the opinion he is not. With the standard of football and the results we have had this season I personally agree with Skips opinion. Also you want Fenway to give Brendan more Leeway than they ever gave Kenny Dalglish why is this.

No you're wrong with you reading completely and utterly (with it all really, including your line about Kenny)

I have no issue with him wanting him sacked whatsoever though for your information

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 10:22:58 pm by Paisleydalglish »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22689: Dec 16, 2014 10:06:58 pm
      The last time we finished second we played as poorly as this the following season and it (rightly in my view) led to the manager being asked to go when we finished 7th, got eliminated from the champions League group stages and trophyless the next time around. If at the end of this season we are in a similar, this manager should go too.

In the meantime, the mob can stomp around with pitchforks and torches all they like, in my view Liverpool ought not to sack the manager that almost won the league last season in early December.

Fair points and agree mostly though imo it's not quite the same. Just my opinion, but Rafa got a much longer crack of the whip (in years).
      He won trophies, no denying that, and BR hasn't - but I can't remember a more exhilerating season that last season in a couple of decades - we haven't come quite as close imo since our last title win - letting it go so close to the end.
      Plenty of games last season was thinking, ah BR hold back a little, these guys are dangerous here, we're a bit weak there - maybe don't go all guns blazing this time - but he invariably did, maybe tweaked the formation, and we were generally brilliant!
      Also, at the end of Rafa's spell, thought the team had run it's course, spark had gone, was on the down-slope - whereas with this side just feel like we're only missing a couple of pieces to be a lot better.
      Maybe I'm completely deluded with a rose tinted hangover from last season, and am too ready to give BR slack. Or the fact that I enjoyed last season so much, particularly the style of play, and want it back so bad it's making me too soft on the manager failings. Still, I think most of BRs 'supporters' are not in denial and recognise some of his main failings, and are really concerned by them - and there is a breaking point - it's just that point in the timeline is different from person to person.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22690: Dec 16, 2014 10:21:38 pm
      Why do some owners insist of having a director of football or a f**king transfer committee?

It's unfair for a manager having to go to a committee each time he wants to sign a player and winning the majority of votes to have him. What a load of bollocks.

What is the point in having a manager. Why don't the committee just pick the f**king team then.

It's like somebody buying your furniture and asking you to decorate your house.

Obviously there are some players in our squad who Rodgers wanted and they haven't worked out for us - Joe Allen being an example (every club signs players that don't work out for them), but from the sounds of it Rodgers has been begging for 4 or 5 top players there who we've missed out on and settled for sh*te instead.

I've always supported FSG but I'm very disappointed with this.

No it's not.

The players have to be right for the club as well as the manager - otherwise you can get the manager blowing all the money on expensive players who have only got a couple of seasons in them.

The owners have a responsibility to the fans and the club to do that. It would be seriously neglectful to do anything else.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22691: Dec 16, 2014 10:27:43 pm
      Worse Start Since 1964-65 .

50 Years.

Today 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30496281

More verbal diarrhea ...

"The actual spirit in the group is very strong.

"That is one of the reasons why, when we get that confidence back, then we will go into the second half of the season and be much better."

Of course Mr Rodgers.
      You keep selling / telling everyone how we will do better in the second half of the season.
      Of course we will.

You dont tell us HOW or WHEN  but we all believe you.
      F.S.G. believe you. We believe you. The media believe you.

We will all march on under your glorious flag till May.

You will have picked up ÂŁ2.6 million more in wages.
      We wont qualify any which way for the CL.
      We wont win any trophies.
      You will have set us back f**king years.

PS  Its all "managing in transition"    isn't it ?

Yeah Right.
           LVG has managed the Scums "transition" in just three months.
           A thirty point swing difference between LFC to them from last season to this.

You will have had three years. 12 times longer.
           Go for it Bren.

Don't trip over your bank statements .

I'm really curious; given that your "support" involves you taking snidey potshots at the manager when our results are good and sticking the knife in when they're not - why exactly do you think you are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans?

Just looking for a single solitary cast iron reason; just one...
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #22692: Dec 16, 2014 10:32:09 pm
      I'm really curious; given that your "support" involves you taking snidey potshots at the manager when our results are good and sticking the knife in when they're not - why exactly do you think you are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans?

Money spent on back of a good season only losing one player for me, who are really Brendan's signings and how many performed last season and this? Let's have the cards on table.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22693: Dec 16, 2014 10:45:06 pm
      Money spent on back of a good season only losing one player for me, who are really Brendan's signings and how many performed last season and this? Let's have the cards on table.
      That's a good question, which players would Brendan have signed if he was given full control over transfer fees and wages? Probably 90% of the players brought in by the committee wouldn't be here now!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #22694: Dec 16, 2014 11:03:20 pm
      An excellent read.

WHY THE RODGERS REIGN SHOULD COME TO AN END.

Over the last few weeks the main topic doing the rounds in the pubs, online and in the in football world in general is whether Mr John Henry should stick with the current Liverpool manager or present the Northern Irishman with his P45.

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has recently warned Rodgers that the owners can be “ruthless” naming England manager Roy Hodgson and King Kenny as recent victims to fall at the hands of the FSG group.

Therefore, why do they seemingly carry on supporting Brendan Rodgers? At this stage of the current campaign we would have been better off under Roy Hodgson’s leadership. Giving any manager time to bed himself and his new players into a club obviously takes time, but how much time? And would it be better to foresee the future and change things immediately rather than carrying on with this miserable season, where we are struggling in every area of the pitch. How much worse would things get if we changed it around now and inject new blood, brains and ideas into the club? Brendan Rodgers, Colin Pascoe and Marshy undoubtedly are doing their best. However, is their best good enough? Or maybe this task is becoming too difficult for them and maybe, unfortunately, they are out of their depth.

Personally speaking, I bet Henry is highly disappointed with Rodgers at the moment but obviously he can’t make these feelings public. One thing I’d like to mention at this stage is going on Liverpool’s recent history, for the first time we can’t point our fingers at the owners. Although, Mr Henry and friends, at the end of the day, are businessmen and their principal objective is making money. However, my personal view is that The Fenway Sports Group have a genuine interest in succeeding in Sport. An investment in over a hundred million on players and nearly the same amount on the new stadium expansion clearly shows their vision and commitment to the club.

After this massive investment the man at the helm to make this investment a successful one is Brendan Rodgers a coach who has never had experience at the top level and has never won any mayor honours. Rodgers will be learning from the mistakes he has made at Liverpool in the future with new clubs, which is wrong. Our current manager should be experienced enough not to makes these mistakes and should have made errors at previous clubs and not at Liverpool. The point I’m trying to make here is; after the investment made and the position Liverpool Football Club are in at the moment this job isn’t the one for an inexperienced “mediocre” manager.

Two issues that Pro-Rodgers supporters will pull me on are: “Last season” and “Injuries”. Firstly, Liverpool fans have been made to feel worse due to the fantastic exciting way we played last season and I’ll be the first to say it’s the best football we have played since the 1980s! However, the fact we had the football genius in Luis Suarez fighting for us unfortunately made Brendan Rodgers shine and now without him he is unable to manage and cope without him. Secondly, and just as important is the Daniel Sturidge injury, yes, he has been unlucky and with Daniel on the field we undoubtedly would have scored more goals. Nevertheless, to sell Luis Suárez and not prioritise a decent enough replacement was negligent in the extreme and ultimately down to Brendan Rodgers.

How long will this last for? Why aren’t Raheem Sterling and Steven Gerrard signing new contracts? This is Liverpool Football Club they should be asking the club for a new contract not the other way round. The only meaningless explanation for this is the air of uncertainty that is surrounding the club at the moment which is influencing the decisions of two of our top players. The central figure of this uncertainty is Brendan as he is the focal point of the club. Fenway Sports are; on the one hand showing their patients with him but as every day passes I’m sure they are losing their faith in him. Almost like a damaged marriage where the couple have many ties together but keep putting off the spilt in hope of change and a bright outcome.

This time last season we were seven positions higher up the table with nine more points on the board and scoring fifteen more goals. Rodger’s win rate in the league and Europe this season is a shocking 32%, whereas The “Chelski Rentboy” has a 73% victory percentage. That is a 41% difference. Why should we accept this? After finishing higher up in the league than them last season and spending a lot more on players this summer. A 32% win rate is unacceptable for a team of our calibre.

I do understand fans who say we need to support the team when we are winning as much as when we are losing. I’ll always defend Liverpool Football Club as “a club” but not the people, they come & go. We need to think of the wider picture, one thing is showing our support to the cause, but on the other hand showing our support and even criticism for the sole benefit of our club can only be positive.

I’m aware of this transfer committee people are talking about. However, Brendan Rodgers is the only Liverpool manager to spend over a£100 million in a single summer. An amount which really should have given us a fighting chance in this year’s Champions League.

I feel he has blown a large portion of his funds on totally average players. Since Brendan took control of Liverpool we have signed twenty-five players for £212,380,00m with no trophies won. In all honesty, I don’t agree that our squad needed improving so drastically as we finished 2nd last season. A couple of £40 million stars would have replaced Suárez and made us stronger.

“Squad players” in my view should be made up of lads from the “academy”. That’s why we invest so much into it, but when will these hopefuls get their chance? When players like JosĂ© Enrique and Lucas haven’t even made the bench this season. Therefore, the young kids will get nowhere near the bench due to the wages these players are earning automatically puts them before the academy lads.

Needless and ineffective signings such as: Borini (10m) Alberto (6.8m) Aspas (7m) Llori (7m) Lovern (15m) Assaidi (3m) Lambet (4.5) Allen (15m) Markovic (20m) is about £80 million just in itself. How many of the above are realistically going to have successful careers at Liverpool Football Club? Rodgers is failing in his inability to get the best out of our Midfield. No balance, little tempo, no fight & desire. I’m still undecided about Joe Allen’s abilities. I’m sure the £15 million we paid for Joe Allen was a present from Rodgers to Swansea.

I know we have made changes to the team and the players need time to settle in and adjust, but with the money spent we should be seeing positive changes to our play. At the moment we are seeing no evidence of this happening. As I tweeted at the weekend “Lovren makes Torben Piechnik look good”. Although, I have doubted Rodgers man managerment on a number of occasions regarding various players, I agree with the decision to play Kolo Toure ahead of Lovren. However, after performing excellently for the Saints week in week out last season, which consequently gave him a £20 million pound price tag, to be dropped with only two months into the season, something is not quite right! Lovren is the most expensive defender Liverpool have signed in our entire history.

Furthermore, Simon Mignolet was highly rated before he joined Liverpool and up until last season he has performed well & saved us from dropping many points. Now he is regarded as a mediocre, insecure goalkeeper lacking confidence in many parts of his game. A similar situation is happening with Alberto Moren who has only had one decent game since joining from Seville, at Spurs, topped off by a stunning finish & probably our best goal of the season so far. Apart from that, Brendan has failed to get the best out of him. Once dubbed the new Jordi Alba and after breaking into the Spanish national team, Alberto joined us carrying a lot of potential to become our number one left back for many years. However, Rodgers has benched him many times this season & has preferred Glen Johnson and José Enrique ahead of him.

Rodger is also failing with the development of Lazar Markovic one of our marquee signings this summer at a staggering £20 million. However, he has only featured eight times for the Reds since his arrival from Benfica. Although, still only twenty he seems to be struggling to fit in to the team and the premier league in general. He definitely has the potential, anyone with that price tag should, and therefore it’s down to the managers influential coaching to prepare him for life in England.

Finally Mario Balotelli, who is a tricky one, as I don’t think Rodgers, wanted his services and it was “the last available option”. Nevertheless, going on his form last season at Milan it seemed a promising signing. However, when Mario has been selected he has always played him as a lone striker; yes he planned for a Ballotelli and Sturidge partnership up top, so he was unlucky there. Nevertheless, I feel Brendan has been stubborn in the fact that he has never played to Mario’s strengths, which is funny as he was the only striker he “could” play. Game after game he picked Mario and demanded him to fit in to his system. By the amount of goals Balotelli and the team scored when playing like this obviously indicates Rodgers was wrong.

To sum up, why should Brendan Rogers deserve more time than Kenny Dalglish got to put things right? Has he earned it? He hasn’t won anything?. If he was replaced now by “the right replacement” how much harm would this inflict on our current situation? Are we rock bottom yet? The way I see it is unfortunately we are going from bad to worse. I do respect the fans positivity towards Brendan but the fans don’t deserve waiting serval years for our champions league return and by December having to make do with the Europe Leauge. After all, the Champions League is where our club should be not only from what we achieved in the late seventies and early eighties but in the ten previous years we have won it once, came runners up on another occasion and various semi-final appearances. It’s insulting for the club to have to accept Europa league qualification after being given such a massive investment in order to assist us to compete amongst Europe’s elite. Finally, all the effort and triumph last season winning just one of our six matches, and that win came after a late Balotelli goal at home to Ludogorets Razgrad is totally unacceptable in my eyes.

Written by @anfieldeurope

http://www.anfieldhq.com/rodgers-reign-come-end/

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,393 posts | 4980 
      Reply #22695: Dec 16, 2014 11:10:39 pm
      You can think what you like about who actually controls the transfers.  However:

--Rodgers chooses to play Johnson repeatedly
      --Rodgers chose to play Lovren despite his being sh*te
      --Rodgers chooses to play Allen despite his being sh*te
      --Rodgers chooses to play Stevie despite his being past it
      --Rodgers chooses to bench Moreno for Enrique
      --Rodgers chose to wait until halfway through December to drop Mignolet
      --Rodgers chose to drop Toure after his masterclass at Madrid

Etc etc

These are all decisions made by Rodgers and Rodgers alone.  And he gets them wrong again and again and again.

All very fair points Fed.

There is 'blame' all round for how we have ended up where we are this season and as you say Brendan has to shoulder a fair proportion of it as well.
      liamos
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #22696: Dec 17, 2014 11:39:21 am
      Was this written by an eight year old?

There are so many inaccuracies in it I don't know where to start.

An excellent read.

WHY THE RODGERS REIGN SHOULD COME TO AN END.

Over the last few weeks the main topic doing the rounds in the pubs, online and in the in football world in general is whether Mr John Henry should stick with the current Liverpool manager or present the Northern Irishman with his P45.

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has recently warned Rodgers that the owners can be “ruthless” naming England manager Roy Hodgson and King Kenny as recent victims to fall at the hands of the FSG group.

Therefore, why do they seemingly carry on supporting Brendan Rodgers? At this stage of the current campaign we would have been better off under Roy Hodgson’s leadership. Giving any manager time to bed himself and his new players into a club obviously takes time, but how much time? And would it be better to foresee the future and change things immediately rather than carrying on with this miserable season, where we are struggling in every area of the pitch. How much worse would things get if we changed it around now and inject new blood, brains and ideas into the club? Brendan Rodgers, Colin Pascoe and Marshy undoubtedly are doing their best. However, is their best good enough? Or maybe this task is becoming too difficult for them and maybe, unfortunately, they are out of their depth.

Personally speaking, I bet Henry is highly disappointed with Rodgers at the moment but obviously he can’t make these feelings public. One thing I’d like to mention at this stage is going on Liverpool’s recent history, for the first time we can’t point our fingers at the owners. Although, Mr Henry and friends, at the end of the day, are businessmen and their principal objective is making money. However, my personal view is that The Fenway Sports Group have a genuine interest in succeeding in Sport. An investment in over a hundred million on players and nearly the same amount on the new stadium expansion clearly shows their vision and commitment to the club.

After this massive investment the man at the helm to make this investment a successful one is Brendan Rodgers a coach who has never had experience at the top level and has never won any mayor honours. Rodgers will be learning from the mistakes he has made at Liverpool in the future with new clubs, which is wrong. Our current manager should be experienced enough not to makes these mistakes and should have made errors at previous clubs and not at Liverpool. The point I’m trying to make here is; after the investment made and the position Liverpool Football Club are in at the moment this job isn’t the one for an inexperienced “mediocre” manager.

Two issues that Pro-Rodgers supporters will pull me on are: “Last season” and “Injuries”. Firstly, Liverpool fans have been made to feel worse due to the fantastic exciting way we played last season and I’ll be the first to say it’s the best football we have played since the 1980s! However, the fact we had the football genius in Luis Suarez fighting for us unfortunately made Brendan Rodgers shine and now without him he is unable to manage and cope without him. Secondly, and just as important is the Daniel Sturidge injury, yes, he has been unlucky and with Daniel on the field we undoubtedly would have scored more goals. Nevertheless, to sell Luis Suárez and not prioritise a decent enough replacement was negligent in the extreme and ultimately down to Brendan Rodgers.

How long will this last for? Why aren’t Raheem Sterling and Steven Gerrard signing new contracts? This is Liverpool Football Club they should be asking the club for a new contract not the other way round. The only meaningless explanation for this is the air of uncertainty that is surrounding the club at the moment which is influencing the decisions of two of our top players. The central figure of this uncertainty is Brendan as he is the focal point of the club. Fenway Sports are; on the one hand showing their patients with him but as every day passes I’m sure they are losing their faith in him. Almost like a damaged marriage where the couple have many ties together but keep putting off the spilt in hope of change and a bright outcome.

This time last season we were seven positions higher up the table with nine more points on the board and scoring fifteen more goals. Rodger’s win rate in the league and Europe this season is a shocking 32%, whereas The “Chelski Rentboy” has a 73% victory percentage. That is a 41% difference. Why should we accept this? After finishing higher up in the league than them last season and spending a lot more on players this summer. A 32% win rate is unacceptable for a team of our calibre.

I do understand fans who say we need to support the team when we are winning as much as when we are losing. I’ll always defend Liverpool Football Club as “a club” but not the people, they come & go. We need to think of the wider picture, one thing is showing our support to the cause, but on the other hand showing our support and even criticism for the sole benefit of our club can only be positive.

I’m aware of this transfer committee people are talking about. However, Brendan Rodgers is the only Liverpool manager to spend over a£100 million in a single summer. An amount which really should have given us a fighting chance in this year’s Champions League.

I feel he has blown a large portion of his funds on totally average players. Since Brendan took control of Liverpool we have signed twenty-five players for £212,380,00m with no trophies won. In all honesty, I don’t agree that our squad needed improving so drastically as we finished 2nd last season. A couple of £40 million stars would have replaced Suárez and made us stronger.

“Squad players” in my view should be made up of lads from the “academy”. That’s why we invest so much into it, but when will these hopefuls get their chance? When players like JosĂ© Enrique and Lucas haven’t even made the bench this season. Therefore, the young kids will get nowhere near the bench due to the wages these players are earning automatically puts them before the academy lads.

Needless and ineffective signings such as: Borini (10m) Alberto (6.8m) Aspas (7m) Llori (7m) Lovern (15m) Assaidi (3m) Lambet (4.5) Allen (15m) Markovic (20m) is about £80 million just in itself. How many of the above are realistically going to have successful careers at Liverpool Football Club? Rodgers is failing in his inability to get the best out of our Midfield. No balance, little tempo, no fight & desire. I’m still undecided about Joe Allen’s abilities. I’m sure the £15 million we paid for Joe Allen was a present from Rodgers to Swansea.

I know we have made changes to the team and the players need time to settle in and adjust, but with the money spent we should be seeing positive changes to our play. At the moment we are seeing no evidence of this happening. As I tweeted at the weekend “Lovren makes Torben Piechnik look good”. Although, I have doubted Rodgers man managerment on a number of occasions regarding various players, I agree with the decision to play Kolo Toure ahead of Lovren. However, after performing excellently for the Saints week in week out last season, which consequently gave him a £20 million pound price tag, to be dropped with only two months into the season, something is not quite right! Lovren is the most expensive defender Liverpool have signed in our entire history.

Furthermore, Simon Mignolet was highly rated before he joined Liverpool and up until last season he has performed well & saved us from dropping many points. Now he is regarded as a mediocre, insecure goalkeeper lacking confidence in many parts of his game. A similar situation is happening with Alberto Moren who has only had one decent game since joining from Seville, at Spurs, topped off by a stunning finish & probably our best goal of the season so far. Apart from that, Brendan has failed to get the best out of him. Once dubbed the new Jordi Alba and after breaking into the Spanish national team, Alberto joined us carrying a lot of potential to become our number one left back for many years. However, Rodgers has benched him many times this season & has preferred Glen Johnson and José Enrique ahead of him.

Rodger is also failing with the development of Lazar Markovic one of our marquee signings this summer at a staggering £20 million. However, he has only featured eight times for the Reds since his arrival from Benfica. Although, still only twenty he seems to be struggling to fit in to the team and the premier league in general. He definitely has the potential, anyone with that price tag should, and therefore it’s down to the managers influential coaching to prepare him for life in England.

Finally Mario Balotelli, who is a tricky one, as I don’t think Rodgers, wanted his services and it was “the last available option”. Nevertheless, going on his form last season at Milan it seemed a promising signing. However, when Mario has been selected he has always played him as a lone striker; yes he planned for a Ballotelli and Sturidge partnership up top, so he was unlucky there. Nevertheless, I feel Brendan has been stubborn in the fact that he has never played to Mario’s strengths, which is funny as he was the only striker he “could” play. Game after game he picked Mario and demanded him to fit in to his system. By the amount of goals Balotelli and the team scored when playing like this obviously indicates Rodgers was wrong.

To sum up, why should Brendan Rogers deserve more time than Kenny Dalglish got to put things right? Has he earned it? He hasn’t won anything?. If he was replaced now by “the right replacement” how much harm would this inflict on our current situation? Are we rock bottom yet? The way I see it is unfortunately we are going from bad to worse. I do respect the fans positivity towards Brendan but the fans don’t deserve waiting serval years for our champions league return and by December having to make do with the Europe Leauge. After all, the Champions League is where our club should be not only from what we achieved in the late seventies and early eighties but in the ten previous years we have won it once, came runners up on another occasion and various semi-final appearances. It’s insulting for the club to have to accept Europa league qualification after being given such a massive investment in order to assist us to compete amongst Europe’s elite. Finally, all the effort and triumph last season winning just one of our six matches, and that win came after a late Balotelli goal at home to Ludogorets Razgrad is totally unacceptable in my eyes.

Written by @anfieldeurope

http://www.anfieldhq.com/rodgers-reign-come-end/

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22697: Dec 17, 2014 11:43:28 am

I would like the whole LFCREDS   forum to note your slip.

You say :

" Why exactly do you think (you) are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans? "
      [/i]

You are speaking in third party ..... you are classifying me as a Liverpool fan.

Therefore you plainly are not.

Cats out of the bag Hollywood.

You covered it up well but no poster on this forum can be as obnoxious , distasteful , antagonistic and as low life as you .

You start a thread and argue with everyone.
      Your replies nearly number the contributors.

You have just disclosed to be a WUM / Manc or whatever.

Crawl back from where you came from .
      ..and take your Vote Up lap dog mates with you.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22698: Dec 17, 2014 11:48:43 am

You say :

" Why exactly do you think (you) are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans? "
      [/i]

You are speaking in third party ..... you are classifying me as a Liverpool fan.

You covered it up well but no poster on this forum can be as obnoxious , distasteful , antagonistic and as low life as you .

Well actually to be in the neutral camp he is asking you a direct question, not all Liverpool fans you

I'm all for fair debate but let's stick to a fair game..

Whether or not I think it's a relevant question really isn't the point but he was asking you it.. As in your opinion.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22699: Dec 17, 2014 11:49:41 am
      Well actually to be in the neutral camp he is asking you a direct question, not all Liverpool fans you

I'm all for fair debate but let's stick to a fair game..

Whether or not I think it's a relevant question really isn't the point but he was asking you it.. As in your opinion.

Get a life PD. Read it
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22700: Dec 17, 2014 11:52:54 am

You say :

[/i]

Whoa there.... Ive liked some of HB posts because i have agreed with them... I’d like anyone’s on here if I agree...

HB hasn’t done anything to me and i believe his post asking you for a reason is fair and reasonable.

he asked "Why exactly do you think (you) are more entitled to success than United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal fans?"

Nothing wrong in that... just because he has at taken a neutral standpoint in this one instance doesn’t mean he isnt a red. Re-reading some of his posts, I can see he winds people up, but that doesn’t mean hes not a supporter of our great club..

I havent been on this forum long so maybe I'm way off key with this opinion but everyone seems to gang up on him... it’s hard to watch sometimes...

stop trying to trip him up and answer him... or ignore him... but this constant "ganging up" has got to be knocked on the head

Quick Reply