Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086094 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30521: May 25, 2015 09:37:35 am
      Tony Barrett retweeted
      Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball 60m60 minutes ago

Last one from L'Equipe - Lille's on-Liverpool striker Divock Origi named in their 'Worst Team of the Season' with average rating of 4.46.

:|
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30522: May 25, 2015 09:43:18 am
      Tony Barrett retweeted

Last one from L'Equipe - Lille's on-Liverpool striker Divock Origi named in their 'Worst Team of the Season' with average rating of 4.46.

Think you got the wrong thread pal :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #30523: May 25, 2015 09:45:44 am
      Think you got the wrong thread pal :D
      Not really

The post is indicative of the types of signings we've made under Brendan Rodgers
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30524: May 25, 2015 09:58:08 am
      Tony Barrett retweeted

Rush, that gives us confidence for the future.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #30525: May 25, 2015 09:58:47 am
      As with countless other LFC fans today I feel a little deflated - not angry, not sad just deflated...

I honestly feel sorry for B-Rod, he is clearly a decent manager and has some great ideas. I just don't believe that he has the ability to manage world class players - or the experience. Looking at yesterdays performance it seems the dressing room has gone away from him. That normally spells the end...

Looking back over his 3 years here you can see that he has tried to replace established players with youth and a lot of this has been put down to NESV or the TC. I'm not 100% sure about this, I personally don't believe that Rogers can motivate players who are world class and that they decide enough is enough - they don't believe in him. We have lost a lot of players in the last few years - Agger, Suarez, Pepe, Gerrard to name a few...

I like BR - I think he could do a great job at somewhere like West Ham - but we need to dare I say take a leaf out of Utd's book. This summer if we are to believe the press there are 3 Managers we could get - Klopp, Ancelotti or Benitez - any of these would be able to take us forward and command the dressing room. I also believe 2 of the 3 would help us keep players who are here (Sterling for example) and secure better ones than we have.

Also, if BR left for somewhere like the hammers he could always take Allen.... 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30526: May 25, 2015 09:59:47 am
      Not really

The post is indicative of the types of signings we've made under Brendan Rodgers

So you're saying he's a bad signing after not playing one single minute for the club? Can't believe you're taking crappy ratings as gospel.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30527: May 25, 2015 10:12:48 am
      Anyone think Rodgers personal life may have taken a toll on him this season and maybe seen him become less focused on the job at hand ?

He's only human after all.

P.S its a genuine question, not an invite to attack his teeth etc.

I'm talking about his divorce, the legal wranglings, he's obviously had some trouble with the new woman's estranged partner etc.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30528: May 25, 2015 10:15:16 am
      Quote :... Lovren :... Allen :... Borini...

Blame FSG and the Transfer Committee !!!!!!

:roll:

I don't know what it is but there's just some people who shouldn't do 'sarcasm'. Anyway...

Quote:

Allen, Borini (and a few more for good measure):

"A summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future."

Brendan:

"In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad."

Buying/Paying and not competing for proven quality:

"We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages."

"We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players."

Blame Comolli; blame Kenny; blame Ayre; blame the scouts and most of all blame Brendan but DON'T BLAME FSG!!!!*  :angel:

[* the fact that FSG hired all these men and gave them direction is merely a coincidence, a trifle, something which should be ignored and NOT be held against them... certainly not if you're intent on promoting International Dumbfuckery Day.]  8)

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #30529: May 25, 2015 10:17:36 am
      :roll:

I don't know what it is but there's just some people who shouldn't do 'sarcasm'. Anyway...

Quote:

Allen, Borini (and a few more for good measure):

"A summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future."

Brendan:

"In Brendan Rodgers we have a talented young manager and we have valued highly his judgement about the make-up of the squad."

Buying/Paying and not competing for proven quality:

"We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly and never again waste resources on inflated transfer fees and unrealistic wages."

"We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best but we will not overpay for players."

Blame Comolli; blame Kenny; blame Ayre; blame the scouts and most of all blame Brendan but DON'T BLAME FSG!!!!*  :angel:

[* the fact that FSG hired all these men and gave them direction is merely a coincidence, a trifle, something which should be ignored and NOT be held against them... certainly not if you're intent on promoting International Dumbfuckery Day.]  8)

Of course FSG is a part of the problem, and they should be blamed also. But after what he said of the players, it's clear they were Brendan's signings, wanted to point that out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30530: May 25, 2015 10:19:35 am
      Anyone think Rodgers personal life may have taken a toll on him this season and maybe seen him become less focused on the job at hand ?

I'm talking about his divorce, the legal wranglings, he's obviously had some trouble with the new woman's estranged partner etc.

I'm sure it didn't help being distracted by off the field activities. If we put ourselves in that situation how many us would be able to concentrate 100% on work matters.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30531: May 25, 2015 10:23:32 am
      I'm sure it didn't help being distracted by off the field activities. If we put ourselves in that situation how many us would be able to concentrate 100% on work matters.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make mate, we only know what makes it into the press, so as the media portrays Rodgers is getting animosity from both the ex wife and the estranged partner of the new missus and its probably a lot worse than what has managed to make it into the media if you know what I mean, I.E there will be things going on/happening that haven't made it into the media.

I've been distracted at work due to things going on in my personal life at times, doesn't matter if you're on £10 an hour or £100k a week, If things are playing on your mind, they are playing on your mind.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #30532: May 25, 2015 10:25:24 am
      So you're saying he's a bad signing after not playing one single minute for the club? Can't believe you're taking crappy ratings as gospel.
      Have you ever given ratings to a footballer based on performance? If not, have you ever looked at the out of 10 ratings for the players after a woeful (or great performance), and if so, have you ever agreed or disagreed with those ratings?

I've watched Dejan Lovren all season and overall I'd give him a 4 out of 10. Would you agre with that? Perhaps you'd give him a 3, or a 5. Point is, ratings may not be perfect, but they are very functional and give a good assessment of how a player has performed.

So quite why you think it's surprising that I'd put stock by those "crappy ratings" is perplexing. That 4 out of 10 does not say he's a 4 out of 10 player for his entire career, but they do say his form has been below average all season.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2015 11:28:40 am by Rush »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30533: May 25, 2015 10:26:58 am
      Exactly the point I'm trying to make mate, we only know what makes it into the press, so as the media portrays Rodgers is getting animosity from both the ex wife and the estranged partner of the new missus and its probably a lot worse than what has managed to make it into the media if you know what I mean, I.E there will be things going on/happening that haven't made it into the media.

Was there not rumours of some sort of serious allegations about to hit the press. But probably just bollocks as nothing came to light.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30534: May 25, 2015 10:27:47 am
      I couldn't give a flying F**k what you think

Calm down mate, I know things are looking bleak right now, but there's no point fighting amongst ourselves and getting banned from the place we can post our frustrations.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #30535: May 25, 2015 10:28:27 am

Had the same chat with my Mrs last night Daz - to be honest not from a "poor bugger" perspective but more from the angle of "can you do your job effectively with all that drama going on?".

Let's be honest if that was a player there'd be the temptation to sit him out a few and get him out the firing line. You can't do that with a first team manager.

Surprisingly the wife was more for the "well if you lie down with dogs expect to wake up with fleas" school of thought  :roll:
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #30536: May 25, 2015 10:29:11 am

Yeah, but in the same vein, he probably shouldn't have cheated on his wife with a newly married employee of the club.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30537: May 25, 2015 10:29:32 am
      Was there not rumours of some sort of serious allegations about to hit the press. But probably just bollocks as nothing came to light.

In the days of Gagging orders/super injunctions its hard to say mate.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #30538: May 25, 2015 10:30:56 am
      Let's spin this a bit further. Let's assume Rodgers gets sacked and then what? Does any of you think we could attract a word class manager with our current squad and structure? 
      Hardly think so, a Jürgen Klopp is not next in line to happily take over the job. As great as our history is it is history. We are not up for the challenge with the likes of Chelsea and City.
      Don't get me wrong I think Brendan's time is up here.  He kinda lost it but sacking Rodgers and bringing in another "young talented" manager who might be a great manager one day is not selling the deal for our great club.

I would even take Rafa back if he is willing to take the job. At least he won silverware and had tactical awareness.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30539: May 25, 2015 10:32:03 am
      Had the same chat with my Mrs last night Daz - to be honest not from a "poor bugger" perspective but more from the angle of "can you do your job effectively with all that drama going on?".

That's the angel I'm looking at it from mate, if that was the case, it appears to have been answered.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #30540: May 25, 2015 10:34:28 am
      IF BR does get the heave-ho.........I have one plea over and above whomever I want them to get in.

For the unveiling - please, please, please no Tom Werner and no f#cking podium like last time.

The very thought of him fawning over the new guy whilst pronouncing undying love to Kenny still induces a mouthful of my own bile every time I remember it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30541: May 25, 2015 10:36:32 am
      Yeah, but in the same vein, he probably shouldn't have cheated on his wife with a newly married employee of the club.

I don't disagree to be honest, said myself I have no sympathy for him in that sense, anything that follows throwing your marriage away for the first blonde to flash a bit of gash you is brought upon yourself.

I'm not making excuses for him, just asking a relevant question as it may have played a part in what has happened this season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #30542: May 25, 2015 10:40:46 am
      I still support Rodgers. He deserves 6 months next season with a striker to turn it around
      This has been a long disappointing season. Let's at least give the manager and the players he still trusts a chance to prove they have learned from it
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #30543: May 25, 2015 10:44:20 am
      I still support Rodgers. He deserves 6 months next season with a striker to turn it around
      This has been a long disappointing season. Let's at least give the manager and the players he still trusts a chance to prove they have learned from it

And would you be willing to miss out on Klopp to see if Rodgers can turn it around?

And by turning it around I assume you mean we will be in the top three come January next?

Quick Reply