Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086041 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30958: May 26, 2015 08:05:47 pm
      Just so you're now clear and don't have to make any more assumptions, this the type of goal I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWtdmk4Rv5k

That was a great goal, but seeing as it came from a throw-in (when the entire play is shifted to the side), it actually doesn't illustrate the lede of your initial post:

So Suarez says Brendan told him to make runs away from the middle and decided to try and play on the deck and isolate defenders rather than lump the ball up him... excuse me if I don't bow down to the contention that this is world class management.

Look man, I know you hate Brendan and would love nothing more than to see him lose his job, but to act as if his management didn't help push Suarez over the edge is stupid, especially considering Suarez himself has credited Brendan a few times now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30959: May 26, 2015 08:06:04 pm
      No FL, I don't think I'm some kind of intellectual, that's your assumption.

I do think you reply with single lined ill thought out responses time and time again that are easily dismissed because you haven't actually comprehended the point.

It's not talking round circles it's knowing what Luis said, understanding it and then forming your own opinion on what you'd seen.

I've seen, as explained, a near identical player that always:

Ran out wide.
      Benefitted from the ball played to his feet.
      Isolated defenders.

As for understanding the English game, well every foreign player has to adapt to a certain extent but surely as his first season was under Kenny would have seen those struggles then rather than an almost identical player.

As for your point about Coutinho/Gerrard etc, well I've worked with plenty of people and if I were to be asked publicly about them I would be complimentary also, it doesn't mean it's my full and honest opinion it means I have enough respect not to slag someone off in the public domain that I've worked with. Gerrard saying he'd have won more trophies, well he won plenty without him also so it's hardly a revelation to say a young Gerrard had more chance to win trophies is it?

Wow, you really don't get it do you?  I've never seen someone so adept at taking an out of context argument and then making it even more out of context all the while missing the entire (and simplistic) point. You are twisting Luis, Phil and Gerrards words to fit your anti Rodgers agenda which is foolish because you have already made valid points (in the past) for why Rodgers could be sacked. Why you are trying to make it out like these players were just being "polite" I'm not sure. None of them had anything to gain from their comments which leads me to believe there is no reason not to take them at their word.

Sometimes Luke you need to realize that you've made a valid point and just leave it at that. You get yourself into trouble when you then feel the need to hammer home a point that isn't there to be made. You can't win them all bud. ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30960: May 26, 2015 08:07:41 pm
      "I remember a lad doing laps around the mancs box before burying the ball from more and more difficult angles."

Use some f**king punctuation then because that's in the same clause.

Same player under Kenny that he is now at Barcelona? That's some hefty revisionism if there ever was any. You think a player who scores 61 goals in 81 appearances under one manager is the same player that scored 21 in 52 under the previous one?

I'm more inclined to take the word of the player who actually worked with the manager to determine if he grew as a player or not as opposed to someone who isn't working with the players and managers on a day-to-day basis.

Alright, you want to talk about assumptions? How about you getting so God damn hung up over a player giving just one example of what he learned from a manager in the TWO FULL seasons he worked with him. You really don't get any more assumptive than that.

Why has Rodgers not passed on any of this special coaching to Lambert, Mario, Borini hell even Sterling when he has played up front?

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #30961: May 26, 2015 08:07:49 pm
      Some really great point on here over the last couple of pages - so much to read, I love the passion..!

I know there will now be a divided camp - however Rogers has kind of made his bed...

He famously said - Judge me after 3 years. This was his self imposed timeline on when he would get it right... In those 3 years we have:

Finished and aggregated 5th place
      Failed in European Competition when available
      Failed to win any silverware domestically
      Spent over £200 Million on new players
      Lost key players each season - I wont name these, you know who they are
      Failed to attract replacement players to the same calibre

In 3 years I cannot see why the owners would not remove Brendan - I feel for the guy and hope that he is treated with dignity. But what has he done to really warrant a 4th year here? In all fairness and be honest - would a world class manager (think Mourino, Guardiola, Klopp or even Rafa if I dare say have won the league last season with that team and the form some players showed?

Yes, support Liverpool - yes support the players and manager - yes there is the Liverpool way. But when you look at the above in the cold light of day sometimes you have to accept changes need to be made.

I will support the manager, who ever that is - however I can also do this and hope that we get someone in who is better. This goes with every player we have. When we accept mediocrity and blindly follow then we are destined to follow the path that leads to mid table...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30962: May 26, 2015 08:08:02 pm
      Read my original all post - a crisis like this deserves IMMEDIATE talks and discussion, not mulling it over and doing f**k all for two weeks. No it's the frustration at NOTHING being done. What with reports, we can guarantee the club will walk from one disaster to another, with their flawed ridiculous transfer policy, with those goons at the transfer committee keeping their jobs.

Sounds fabulous.

things aren't looking too positive at the moment but 80 odd clubs below us would laugh at the word crisis. The club is at the crossroads but crisis is being a bit over dramatic
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30963: May 26, 2015 08:10:04 pm
      A crisis like ours needs crisis talks immediately. Not in a few weeks. I did not say immediate decisions, but immediate talks.

That is not knee jerk. That is all about planning for next season with the maximum time available.

They have an end of season review..they have it every year (I would imagine they have it scheduled very far in advance); the guy that is basically running the club (Gordon) is on the committee with Brendan see's him every day and is located in Liverpool (not Boston). I don't think Brendan is going to "Fly to Boston" I would imagine that it will all be held and Anfield.

For all you and I know it is happening as we speak.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #30964: May 26, 2015 08:10:08 pm
      personally I think his job hangs on the outcome of the end of season review and how blame is proportioned for the failures above.
      So it all depends on who does the best at backstabbing .Et tu, Brute ?

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30965: May 26, 2015 08:10:22 pm
      Why has Rodgers not passed on any of this special coaching to Lambert, Mario, Borini hell even Sterling when he has played up front?

Seriously? No one is saying that's down to the manager alone.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30966: May 26, 2015 08:11:11 pm

We didn't have enough money to buy more puppet strings for all those strikers. Times are tough don't you know. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30967: May 26, 2015 08:12:32 pm
      We didn't have enough money to buy more puppet strings for all those strikers. Times are tough don't you know. ;)

Must be as we are about to splash £30M on the world class Benteke  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #30968: May 26, 2015 08:14:06 pm

He comes with strings attached ;)

I sure hope that's the one rumor this summer that is just total garbage.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30969: May 26, 2015 08:14:49 pm
      Are people really so convinced Rodgers will be here next season when the owners haven't made a single comment and the only noises are coming from 'Sources', even more so when the end of season review hasn't even been done ?

Personally, I'm not convinced at all. I think there's a very good chance he'll be sacked.
      It's not something that would give me any pleasure if it did happen, differently to some, but I can totally see it happening.
      For all the mitigating circumstances that can be argued in his favor (and I think there are quite a few), there are at least two very serious down sides to his record as a LFC manager: his record in cups/Europe and the signings we've made under his management. Regarding the latter, there is so much confusing talk I'm not sure where his responsibility starts or ends but still, you have to assume he holds a decent share of responsibility.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30970: May 26, 2015 08:15:26 pm

I here we are in for Arda Turin and  Konoplyanka too and supposedly someday Xabi wants to comeback and play for us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30971: May 26, 2015 08:20:55 pm
      I here we are in for Arda Turin and  Konoplyanka too and supposedly someday Xabi wants to comeback and play for us.

So no Reus rumours, makes a change

Who is a Turin by the way?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30972: May 26, 2015 08:22:23 pm
      things aren't looking too positive at the moment but 80 odd clubs below us would laugh at the word crisis. The club is at the crossroads but crisis is being a bit over dramatic

Well it is a crisis, because something drastically needs to change with the running of the club. If we don't address these issues, then we will have to accept mid table obscurity forever.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30973: May 26, 2015 08:22:28 pm

So no Reus rumours, makes a change

Who is a Turin by the way?

Its a typo HSc..sure you know that already..shall I go spell check all of your past posts or are we good?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30974: May 26, 2015 08:23:55 pm
      Its a typo HSc..sure you know that already..shall I go spell check all of your past posts or are we good?

Ok calm down buddy no need to get all narky, people certainly on edge at the moment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30975: May 26, 2015 08:24:04 pm
      To be fair you seem to have your own merry band that go from thread to thread saying the exact same thing over and over again also.

So what is the difference?

Wonder when you would pop up.

You werent even in the convo !  ;D

At least my merry gang speak facts and truth  not bullshit.

Have a nice day.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30976: May 26, 2015 08:26:12 pm
      That was a great goal, but seeing as it came from a throw-in (when the entire play is shifted to the side), it actually doesn't illustrate the lede of your initial post:

Look man, I know you hate Brendan and would love nothing more than to see him lose his job, but to act as if his management didn't help push Suarez over the edge is stupid, especially considering Suarez himself has credited Brendan a few times now.

It does illustrate my point because my point was that he is almost the same player that he is now. As for running out wide (as this seems to be what you  assume that I'm trying to demonstrate in this video) that can be seen by watching all the games under Kenny, which I did. This lad never stopped moving for a second, never has and never will, he simply could never "stay in the middle". Especially when you consider that Carroll virtually never left that middle line from centre circle to goal usually moving at a snail's pace and generally outside the box when the ball got delivered.

As for suggesting I hate Brendan, nothing of the kind but I can't stand being told he's a great coach who gets all these amazing abilities out of Suarez but then fails miserably to show any of that same skill on any of our lesser players, it's bullshit, plain and simple.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30977: May 26, 2015 08:26:39 pm

How I pray for leaders like Alonso again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30978: May 26, 2015 08:30:13 pm
      Wonder when you would pop up.

You werent even in the convo !  ;D

At least my merry gang speak facts and truth  not bullshit.

Have a nice day.

I did not pop up I have been here all along..through good and bad

You all disappear when thing are going good and come back when they aren't; we can all set our watches you guys are so good at it.

Welcome back...look forward to your gang going into hiding sometime in the future.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #30979: May 26, 2015 08:36:44 pm
      Regarding the latter, there is so much confusing talk I'm not sure where his responsibility starts or ends but still, you have to assume he holds a decent share of responsibility.
      Ah the biggest conundrum of them all , it's a bit like the chicken or the egg theory . One which we'll never know unfortunately .

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30980: May 26, 2015 08:39:22 pm
      One thing ( there are a few) that confuses me is how adamant he was that he didn't want an Andy Carroll type at the club and went out of his way to F**k him off but now we have two similar to that style and are targeting more of that type

Genuinely don't get that

Quick Reply