Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085972 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #33580: Aug 01, 2015 04:44:29 pm
      I didn't invent the story. I just shared the link from the echo. Do you really think that the personal life can't have any effects on how you do your job ? I don't think so, he's had too many distractions lately.

@billy it's on mate, I hope you win it

You are very selective, only quoting an erroneous report and not the corrected story.
      Full of sh*t was never more adequate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #33581: Aug 01, 2015 05:02:24 pm
      You are very selective, only quoting an erroneous report and not the corrected story.
      Full of sh*t was never more adequate.

I heard he drowns puppies too. Fair play  to him if he has managed to build a nice business outside of football Fowler and Macca did the same. George is like a Dog with a bone he needs to accept Brendan isn't going anywhere whilst FSG are in charge.
      New season and a new start and all that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33582: Aug 01, 2015 05:08:14 pm
      I heard he drowns puppies too. Fair play  to him if he has managed to build a nice business outside of football Fowler and Macca did the same. George is like a Dog with a bone he needs to accept Brendan isn't going anywhere whilst FSG are in charge.
      New season and a new start and all that.

He allowed to drive the Porsche this season then Walt? :f_tongueincheek:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33583: Aug 01, 2015 05:19:09 pm
      5th or 6th.

On the other hand, just read this :

'Rodgers has gained a reputation in buy to let circles as being an astute, calculated businessman, who snaps up homes at the bottom of the property ladder, in low income areas where residents are unable to afford a higher standard of home.

Judge Roberts, who presided on Monday's case, criticised the 'appalling standard' some of the homes were in, chiding that 'having a monopoly on low income properties doesn't mean that you can take advantage of people, and rent them in disarray'. He also criticised the amount of attempted evictions, saying 'looking through the papers, I note that you have consistently attempted to put people out of their homes at the first sign of financial trouble, instead of working with them to find a solution. You put them into further financial difficulty by lumbering them with court costs as well as arrears.'

One property - a two bedroom terrace in Accrington - was subjected to an enforcement notice by the local council in March of this year. The property was described as a 'rotting slum'. In documents defending the enforcement, Mr Rodgers said 'this is low income housing, for low income people'.

The enforcement was upheld, with Rodgers being convicted and made to pay costs of £400.'

http://www.churchandmilnshawtogether.com/?p=1225

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-boss-brendan-rodgers-9087253

If what i thought of him wasn't enough, i had to come across this. As much as i don't think he's the right man to take us forward, i hope that what i've read above isn't true.

Ah Brendans personal life again! Your not doing yourself any favours George!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #33584: Aug 01, 2015 05:23:09 pm

Wait I thought you started your sabbatical already with your prior post?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33585: Aug 01, 2015 10:31:56 pm
      So no decision yet on the starting CB pairing.  Let's hope the "staff" explain to him why it should be Sakho and not Lovren, although I still think Sakho not featuring as much is due to his injury record.

Brendan Rodgers: I haven't decided my Liverpool FC centre-back pairing for the new season yet

21:12, 1 August 2015
          By James Pearce

Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho vying for spot alongside Martin Skrtel.

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers admits he has yet to decide on his centre-back pairing for the new Premier League season.

Dejan Lovren was partnered with Martin Skrtel for the third successive friendly in Saturday's 2-0 win over HJK Helsinki.

Mamadou Sakho was left on Merseyside with the France international set to play in Sunday's trip to Swindon Town.

Lovren would be a controversial choice ahead of Sakho considering the £20million Croatian's struggles during his first season at Anfield but now looks likely to start against Stoke next Sunday.

“It's not something I've totally decided upon yet,” Rodgers said.

“I'll sit down with the staff and we'll look at it next week.

“The key is getting consistency in that area of the field.

“Your two centre-halves are critical. They are the tactical decision makers in the game. That balance is important for us this season.

“We had too many defensive changes last year and that's not something that I like.

“Hopefully this season we'll be more consistent as a back four.”

Joe Gomez got the nod ahead of Alberto Moreno to feature at left-back in Finland and Rodgers is prepared to play the England youth international there again at the Britannia Stadium next weekend.

"I wouldn't have any issues (with playing him)," he said.

"You've seen from my time here that irrespective of the age of a player, it's about the quality and personality.

"Whether they are 17 or 27, if I think they are ready, I'll play them."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-havent-decided-liverpool-9773955
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33586: Aug 01, 2015 10:51:42 pm
      So no decision yet on the starting CB pairing.  Let's hope the "staff" explain to him why it should be Sakho and not Lovren, although I still think Sakho not featuring as much is due to his injury record.

Brendan Rodgers: I haven't decided my Liverpool FC centre-back pairing for the new season yet

21:12, 1 August 2015
          By James Pearce

Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho vying for spot alongside Martin Skrtel.

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers admits he has yet to decide on his centre-back pairing for the new Premier League season.

Dejan Lovren was partnered with Martin Skrtel for the third successive friendly in Saturday's 2-0 win over HJK Helsinki.

Mamadou Sakho was left on Merseyside with the France international set to play in Sunday's trip to Swindon Town.

Lovren would be a controversial choice ahead of Sakho considering the £20million Croatian's struggles during his first season at Anfield but now looks likely to start against Stoke next Sunday.

“It's not something I've totally decided upon yet,” Rodgers said.

“I'll sit down with the staff and we'll look at it next week.

“The key is getting consistency in that area of the field.

“Your two centre-halves are critical. They are the tactical decision makers in the game. That balance is important for us this season.

“We had too many defensive changes last year and that's not something that I like.

“Hopefully this season we'll be more consistent as a back four.”

Joe Gomez got the nod ahead of Alberto Moreno to feature at left-back in Finland and Rodgers is prepared to play the England youth international there again at the Britannia Stadium next weekend.

"I wouldn't have any issues (with playing him)," he said.

"You've seen from my time here that irrespective of the age of a player, it's about the quality and personality.

"Whether they are 17 or 27, if I think they are ready, I'll play them."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-havent-decided-liverpool-9773955

Reading that I think Gomez is nailed on Debs.

Great to see a young lad come in and make such and impression and the manager go with him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33587: Aug 01, 2015 10:59:54 pm

Great to see a young lad come in and make such and impression and the manager go with him.

Agreed on Gomez Si, I like the look of the kid and there's no reason to think he can't nail down that LB position but he's still just a kid and as such will have moments of inconsistancy. 

I agree with Brendan in the article too, we did have too much change in defense due to injuries.  I think every one of our starting players were injured at some time during the season and we had injuries to the 3 in front of them too.  It's hardly a surprise we were all over the place and why he wants a settled back 4 this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33588: Aug 01, 2015 11:03:26 pm
      Agreed on Gomez Si, I like the look of the kid and there's no reason to think he can't nail down that LB position but he's still just a kid and as such will have moments of inconsistancy. 

I agree with Brendan in the article too, we did have too much change in defense due to injuries.  I think every one of our starting players were injured at some time during the season and we had injuries to the 3 in front of them too.  It's hardly a surprise we were all over the place and why he wants a settled back 4 this season.

Agree. I actually have yet to see him kick a ball as I've not watched pre season this summer but by what you lot say he has been very good and worth starting next weekend.

On Brendan not knowing his CB pairing but forgive me if I don't quite believe that and I'm sure with a week to go he has his starting line up already in his head.

Not criticising him for what he has said here as he's probably just trying to throw the media off a little but I don't buy it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33589: Aug 01, 2015 11:05:13 pm
      Agree. I actually have yet to see him kcik a ball as I've not watched pre season this summer but by what you lot say he has been very good and worth starting next weekend.

On Brendan not knowing his CB pairing but forgive me if I don't quite believe that and I'm sure with a week to go he has his starting line up already in his head.

Not criticising him for what he has said here as he's probably just trying to throw the media off a little but I don't buy it.

He's been excellent, truly and to be fair to Fed he called it early.

As for the CB pairing, agree completely that is simply media bullshit, if it isn't I'd be very worried.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33590: Aug 01, 2015 11:09:24 pm
      Agree. I actually have yet to see him kcik a ball as I've not watched pre season this summer but by what you lot say he has been very good and worth starting next weekend.

Oh I'm sure he knows mate and I'm sure he's been working on it in training, doesn't mean it's anything like what we've seen in pre season though  ;)

It was interesting what he said after todays game, that the 1st half was something they'd been working on in training which was, or seemed, more compact but not so adventurous as when he changed it in the 2nd half.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33591: Aug 01, 2015 11:09:36 pm
      He's been excellent, truly and to be fair to Fed he called it early.

As for the CB pairing, agree completely that is simply media bullshit, if it isn't I'd be very worried.

As I said mate great to see a young lad come in and grab the opportunity. Even better that the boss seems to be giving him that chance as well. As Debs said he might make mistakes but if he does then we have Moreno to come in as well.

On the CB it's definitely Brendan trying to play it down but I'd be amazed if a week away he is still mulling over who is his pair and like I said I don't think he is.

I think he is wrong but I'd rather he has trusts his gut and goes with Lovren if that's how he sees it and I think he is and all this is just media rubbish.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33592: Aug 01, 2015 11:19:40 pm
      I think he is wrong but I'd rather he has trusts his gut and goes with Lovren if that's how he sees it and I think he is and all this is just media rubbish.

Yep, at this stage I'd be astonished if Lovren doesn't get the nod, I think the main groundwork Brendan has set in his statement is to say that he's going to stick with his choice through rocky periods.

I get the feeling Brendan is nailing his colours to the Lovren mast quite strongly.

I'd say along with Benteke that the fate of these two will be linked quite strongly with the fate of both us and of course Brendan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #33593: Aug 01, 2015 11:49:26 pm

I just hope he can perform equally against Premiership competition.

As for Lovren, not sure why he's getting consideration over Sakho other than the possibility that he's a Rodgers favorite and Brendan wants to give him a chance to succeed. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33594: Aug 01, 2015 11:51:29 pm
      I just hope he can perform equally against Premiership competition.

As for Lovren, not sure why he's getting consideration over Sakho other than the possibility that he's a Rodgers favorite and Brendan wants to give him a chance to succeed. 

I don't quite buy the 'Rodgers favourite' tag Lovren gets FL as there is no way Brendan is going to risk his job this season just by picking a 'favourite'.

I just think he see's Dejan as his guy for whatever reason and Sakho will have to bide his time for now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #33595: Aug 01, 2015 11:55:02 pm
      I don't quite buy the 'Rodgers favourite' tag Lovren gets FL as there is no way Brendan is going to risk his job this season just by picking a 'favourite'.

I just think he see's Dejan as his guy for whatever reason and Sakho will have to bide his time for now.

Well he spent a good bit of money on Dejan and if you remember the transfer was a bit contentious with Rodgers finally getting his man so I'd say there's an element of that to it.

I don't think he would play Lovren to spite his own job security, but at the same time, what's it say about his job if he consistently has to bench a player we played a premium for? I think Rodgers is walking a thin line on this one. I just don't see why Sakho has to sit to accomodate Lovren....sit Skrtel and play Lovren and Sakho. Sakho is a ball player and fits the way Rodgers wants to play. Skrtel is the least "Rodgers approved" of the three as far as playing style.

Hell I don't know....I'm not sure what's going on in our back line, just stick in whoever plays the best and gives us the best chance to win and I'll be happy. I just don't know that it's Lovren. If it is, all the better since we paid a crapload of money for him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33596: Aug 01, 2015 11:57:23 pm
      Well he spent a good bit of money on Dejan and if you remember the transfer was a bit contentious with Rodgers finally getting his man so I'd say there's an element of that to it.

I don't think he would play Lovren to spite his own job security, but at the same time, what's it say about his job if he consistently has to bench a player we played a premium for? I think Rodgers is walking a thin line on this one. I just don't see why Sakho has to sit to accomodate Lovren....sit Skrtel and play Lovren and Sakho. Sakho is a ball player and fits the way Rodgers wants to play. Skrtel is the least "Rodgers approved" of the three as far as playing style.

Hell I don't know....I'm not sure what's going on in our back line, just stick in whoever plays the best and gives us the best chance to win and I'll be happy. I just don't know that it's Lovren. If it is, all the better since we paid a crapload of money for him.

For me it's Sakho all day long mate plus one other but I've always had the feeling this summer Brendan will got with Lovren. Lovren and Sakho should have been tested but Dejan doesn't like playing right side for whatever reason so I think it's a non starter.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33597: Aug 02, 2015 12:44:43 pm
      For me it's Sakho all day long mate plus one other but I've always had the feeling this summer Brendan will got with Lovren. Lovren and Sakho should have been tested but Dejan doesn't like playing right side for whatever reason so I think it's a non starter.

According to Tomkins Sakho has been injured but was always expected to be Skrtels partner going into the season Si.  Hopefully he plays a blinder today and leaves Brendan in no doubt as to who starts against Stoke.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33598: Aug 02, 2015 12:52:12 pm
      I’m pleased with the variety we have now with our strikers. Benteke is tall but he’s got good speed, he’s mobile and has got real good feet. He scores all different types of goals. Of course, he’s good in the air but he’s also very good on the floor and will add perfectly to what we have. My teams are about fluency, pace and movement, irrespective of how tall someone is.”

Firmino isn’t an out and out No 9 but he can play up there and his movement is good along the line. We have real good variety and hopefully that will bring an unpredictability to our game. But the philosophy is still very much the same – about controlling and dominating the ball, and playing with real pressure to press the game.

http://www.squawka.com/news/rodgers-is-pleased-with-the-variety-of-strikers-he-has-but-wont-use-bentekes-height/431282#CyALKrPPhzpX06ib.99

Not sure if this has been posted, but this might be an indication of how Rodgers will use Benteke? As for the philosophy being pretty much the same, could this mean a DM/DLPM with Hendo and Milner as box-box players? This would be the most logical of approach if it were to happen.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33599: Aug 03, 2015 11:49:50 am
      He's said he's still not sure on his CB pairing which scares me how can he not see that Sakho all day long is our best CB then all he needs to do is play either Lovren who cost us a lot of money and mould him into a decent player or stick with Martin who is solid enough all ready to do a job but nothing special.

To be honest I cant wait to see Gomez at the back in a few years  as he looks like the type of CB we need NOW!

He has another week in training to see but come Stoke which ever team he picks he needs to stick with it and let them bond.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #33600: Aug 08, 2015 02:42:49 am
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33601: Aug 08, 2015 07:02:02 am
      The past is in the past, new season begins tomorrow so let's get all behind the manager, players, everyone involved, and hope they learned from their mistakes and that we will have a great season.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #33602: Aug 08, 2015 08:21:07 am
      I suppose being positive for a moment, we can lose 5-1 and it will still be an improvement on last season.

:)

Quick Reply