Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085866 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34776: Sep 13, 2015 07:03:18 am
      I am giving Brendan until Sturridge is back before I finally throw my toys out of the pram. I have little faith left that it will do much good but I believe in giving him every chance before we throw 3 seasons and £300million of squad rebuilding down the drain.

Once Sturridge is back if he doesn't play two up front and our results don't improve dramatically he has to go. Last chance saloon as far as I am concerned, if we could guarantee a new manager of the caliber of Klopp or Ancelotti maybe I would be a little more eager to wave goodbye to Brendan, but as I have as little faith in FSG bringing in a top manager as I do in Brendan turning things around I would prefer to wait a few weeks before letting the axe fall.

Sadly I think that Brendan's only defence now is to sit with his underpants on his head, two pencils up his nose and to keep saying wibble.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34777: Sep 13, 2015 07:04:15 am

Even the bins want him out
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34778: Sep 13, 2015 07:13:00 am
      Can't see him turning this around.
      This is as bad as we have been during his time at our club.
      Things have not improved and we are wasting yet more time after spending alot of money once again.
      He has to resign.
      We have to move on and hopefully move up
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34779: Sep 13, 2015 07:34:22 am
      It's a miracle Suarez didn't break his back carying Rodgers 2 seasons ago.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #34780: Sep 13, 2015 07:54:59 am
      Always backed BR, we finished 2nd 2 years ago thanks to suarez/Sturridge/sterling force making all the team play GREAT,
      played the CL groups stage . from there we started f*cking things up, not making it to the KO stages, and horrible displays
      till now
      But were is that brilliant performances now
       we just cannot attribute that because Luis left   or the lack of transfer money we had/have
      something is very very  wrong , and it has to be sorted out very quickly if we want to start playing good, getting results etc etc
      Now I am  not saying BR should be sacked, But he is losing support by every game
      the mentality should change , even if it hurts someone at the club,
      YNWA

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #34781: Sep 13, 2015 08:09:24 am
      Is there now anyone left who honestly believes that this weak novice is a decent coach? I've said it many times ( and i'm not alone) . Just what does Rodgers do on the training ground leading up to a match? What is he telling the players? Just how many more times are we going to start a game in utter confusion? With the team shape disintegrating from the first whistle?
      When can anyone remember us showing any sort of imagination or plan of action , on set pieces? When was the last time Rodgers changed a game from the touchline? When was the last time Rodgers won us a game , we all thought we would lose?
      He is, and always has been , a poor coach and football manager and is not fit to manage our club. This turgid, predictable dross will only get worse until he is replaced.

Oh yeh, i nearly forgot. Does anyone want to see this man take us on another european campaign? What with his truly abysmal record.  This season  could still be a good one with a manager who knows what he is doing. We do have good players, and coached correctly, could still get something out of this season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34782: Sep 13, 2015 08:23:38 am
      Skip the majority of opinion regarding Rodgers is you were right all along. There can be no doubt now he is crap as a manager of L.F.C.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #34783: Sep 13, 2015 08:26:00 am
      He never looked like he had what it took to be a top team manager to begin with. He came in with possession, went to counter attacking, and has now changed into this hoofball setup.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #34784: Sep 13, 2015 08:30:58 am
      I tend to say nowadays when I see a sh*t player repeatedly making a fool of himself on the field - don't blame the player who isn't good enough. All he can do is try if he keeps getting picked. Blame the clueless manager who can't see the player isn't good enough.

The same applies to managers out of their depth in a job. Don't blame the manager for not being good enough - he is trying his best. Blame his bosses for not seeing/accepting he isn't good enough.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34785: Sep 13, 2015 08:31:12 am
      It's just not good enough Brendan. I'm not seeing enough improvement on last season's tactics. Playing players in an unnatural position even we have players bought for those positions, in not acceptable.
      I'm seriously hoping things will change when Sturridge is fit, but I'm worried. It seems Brendan, when it comes tothe defence hasn't got a clue. The defending for the Mancs second goal was just F***ing disgraceful, leaving a man unmarked on the edge of the box! I thought this was the premier league ffs!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #34786: Sep 13, 2015 08:42:33 am
      I am giving Brendan until Sturridge is back before I finally throw my toys out of the pram. I have little faith left that it will do much good but I believe in giving him every chance before we throw 3 seasons and £300million of squad rebuilding down the drain.

Once Sturridge is back if he doesn't play two up front and our results don't improve dramatically he has to go. Last chance saloon as far as I am concerned, if we could guarantee a new manager of the caliber of Klopp or Ancelotti maybe I would be a little more eager to wave goodbye to Brendan, but as I have as little faith in FSG bringing in a top manager as I do in Brendan turning things around I would prefer to wait a few weeks before letting the axe fall.

Sadly I think that Brendan's only defence now is to sit with his underpants on his head, two pencils up his nose and to keep saying wibble.

Fair enough. But he had the chance to play two up top today with Ings S@int and should have done that.

From the little I've seen of Ings, I actually like the look of him - Bellamy-esque and has a great attitude, in that he always looks up for it. We don't have many enthusiasts in his mold BUT Rodgers dropped a bollock playing him out of position like that, he should have been next to Benteke causing their shitty defence more trouble.

Re moving Rodgers on, if FSG are the tight arses we're lead to believe would they get rid of Rodgers, and possibly his coaching staff after only just hiring them? If a new manager were to come in, you'd think he'd like to bring his own staff in. I just cannot see FSG doing this since they've only just overhauled the coaching staff.

Brendan's on very very thin ice with the fans now and fair enough IMO, I honestly can't see a way back for him, not unless Sturridge bails him out. We look absolutely sh*t up front and the signing of Benteke looks ominously like it's going to be his undoing.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #34787: Sep 13, 2015 08:44:27 am
      Thanks to Brendan and co a friend of mine who's a Manc supporter bought me a cake with their F***ing crest on it and 3-1 crudely written in icing. Some birthday I'm having. I wouldn't wish Brendan on the blueshite at this point.
      galab
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #34788: Sep 13, 2015 08:48:43 am
      It is time for new ideas and technically capable manager..........Brenden waste a lot of money that can build a new club. No more wastage please!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #34789: Sep 13, 2015 08:58:46 am
      In retrospect, against Utd we were missing Lallana, Sturridge, Henderson, and Coutinho. 3 out of 4 first team players.

I think the fairest thing to do is make a decision when Sturridge and other players are back fully fit - let's wait and see what happens when he has a fully fit squad to pick from.

Let's be honest, whatever the Gaffer does, whatever formation he picks, it's going to be hampered by the absence of our main striker whose goal scoring record is proven, Coutinho, our most creative player, and Henderson, our captain. That's going to hurt any manager.

That said, I'm not convinced any longer that Rodgers will turn it around, but I think it's only fair to make a decision when he has all players (or Sturridge at the very least) available for selection.

Perhaps when players are back, we'll revert to that diamond formation people seem to want.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34790: Sep 13, 2015 09:05:49 am
      My feeling is probably that Brendan will go soon, but I desperately hope that our fan base doesn't let themselves down badly in his final days. So much of our heritage has been eroded over this last decade, and I hope we don't accelerate it by behaving like we've forgotten what being a Liverpool supporter means.

Daubing signs on walls if it's genuine is a classic example, so is making ridiculous statements about Brendan being a fraud or a sh!t manager. There's ways and means to make it clear that you desire a change, it's time IMHO for people to behave with a little class.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34791: Sep 13, 2015 09:10:32 am
      In retrospect, against Utd we were missing Lallana, Sturridge, Henderson, and Coutinho. 3 out of 4 first team players.

I think the fairest thing to do is make a decision when Sturridge and other players are back fully fit - let's wait and see what happens when he has a fully fit squad to pick from.

Let's be honest, whatever the Gaffer does, whatever formation he picks, it's going to be hampered by the absence of our main striker whose goal scoring record is proven, Coutinho, our most creative player, and Henderson, our captain. That's going to hurt any manager.

That said, I'm not convinced any longer that Rodgers will turn it around, but I think it's only fair to make a decision when he has all players (or Sturridge at the very least) available for selection.

Perhaps when players are back, we'll revert to that diamond formation people seem to want.

All very true mate, but we ought to have made a better fist of trying to win without those players. The Mancs played the entire 90 minutes with Felleini as centre forward, so I don't think the "missing players" angle holds too much water.

Brendan's main problem is that he's lost the fans. At the moment, not only is he trying to win football matches he's also trying not to lose his job or have even more fans turning on him. There is no way he would have played with that line up or with that lack of ambition if that was his first game in charge, he played like that because the pressure is getting to him. That's a terrible shame for the man, but unfortunately we have to be a little bit brutal as a club and put him out of what must be a misery.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34792: Sep 13, 2015 09:22:54 am
      He should be kicked out immediately. He should never be in charge this year, after disaster last year, but unfortunately there are still people who back him - probably united fan.

he is bellow hodgson level. Rodgers out!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34793: Sep 13, 2015 09:25:48 am
      He should be kicked out immediately. He should never be in charge this year, after disaster last year, but unfortunately there are still people who back him - probably united fan.

he is bellow hodgson level. Rodgers out!

People who still back him probably aren't United fans, don't be silly. Equally, he isn't "bellow" Hodgson, he nearly won us the league the season before last FFS.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34794: Sep 13, 2015 09:26:57 am
      People who still back him probably aren't United fans, don't be silly. Equally, he isn't "bellow" Hodgson, he nearly won us the league the season before last FFS.

Not him, Suarez. He would have been sacked long ago if not for Suarez. Also, thank god the committee didn't listen to him when he didn't want Sturridge.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34795: Sep 13, 2015 09:28:37 am

rodgers cost us league!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34796: Sep 13, 2015 09:29:12 am

Brendan's main problem is that he's lost the fans. At the moment, not only is he trying to win football matches he's also trying not to lose his job or have even more fans turning on him.

I'm not sure Mick

I think his biggest problem is he has lost his identity.

We were sold this controlling game.. We were sold this attacking front foot football and he seems to have lost his bottle on both of those fronts

Had he A. Stuck to that identity and we were still trying to win games on the front foot and B. Approached the games this season where that was prevalent and say we went there yesterday and gave it a go but lost (we've lost 12 of our last 14 at the toilet ) and even we battered West Hams door down and lost on the counter attack.. At least the signs would be there that we could go into the next two home games with that mentality and smash Norwich and Villa but he's lost his bottle and identity for me.. Had he kept that he would be in a stronger position to keep the fans

What I've seen in the last 6 months is a frightened manager who is affraid of the consequences.. That's not a Liverpool leader for me

I prefer... We are the F***ing best, we will beat you and anyone who thinks we aren't in the media or in any fan base can F**k off

Brendan's football and approach has become meek
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34797: Sep 13, 2015 09:32:21 am
      I've read on twitter that FSG are calling an emergency meeting tomorrow, is any truth in that ?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #34798: Sep 13, 2015 09:35:36 am
      Not him, Suarez. He would have been sacked long ago if not for Suarez. Also, thank god the committee didn't listen to him when he didn't want Sturridge.

It's a bit like saying Pellegrini wouldn't have won the league without Yaya Toure (he probably wouldn't) or Mourinho wouldn't have won it without Hazard (ditto). Would we have finished 2nd without Suarez? No. Does that mean though that the manager AT THAT STAGE wasn't doing an excellent job? Of course it doesn't.

Quick Reply