Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Brendan Rodgers playing style - who is likely to be in or out of favour?

Read 20155 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers playing style - who is likely to be in or out of favour?
      Reply #92: Jun 02, 2012 09:51:06 am
      As for Carroll, I actually have started to come around to the lad, he had an abysmal season, only started to look better in the last few games.  But the problem, I think, is not whether he can handle the ball at his feet (he has shown that he can), but his initial speed.  I think that once he gets going he's faster than you might think at first.  But the way Swansea have played, and the way Barca and Ajax play (after whom Rodgers models his system), you have a lot of intricate passing in the middle of the park, and so your center forward needs to be hugging the defensive line to stay onside, and then be ready to make a dash once a through ball is played.  Carroll takes a couple of seconds to build up the steam.  I don't think he has that off-the-blocks speed that we would need to play cleverly and get behind those defenses.  Just my opinion though.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with big Andy over the next few months. He certainly redeemed himself somewhat over the back end of the season and he looked good for England last weekend so fingers crossed he has a good tournament and comes back for pre-season full of confidence. But I must admit it's hard to see him being as effective in a tika-taki style of play.

If you look at Joe Allen, he makes those passes then moves into a space where he wants the ball and then looks forward to attack.  He can dance on the ball to get away from pressure, he can control the game, etc etc.  I'm not saying we should go after Joe Allen.  I'm just saying that if Joe Allen at Swansea is better than Henderson at Liverpool, then there's no way Henderson is the requisite quality.

I really like Joe Allen but it's a shame to read that Rodgers has agreed not to pinch any Swansea players for the next 12 months if that is true. To be fair he is quite a different player to Henderson in that he likes to pick it up and run with it, he actually reminds me of Joe Cole (when he had legs) and Steed Malbranque in his play. He'd be an excellent signing though.
      Agree with this, I think Rodgers coming in could be great news for young Suso. I'm excited to see what him, young Sterling and Jack Robinson can do this coming season.
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #93: Jun 02, 2012 10:15:40 am
      REINA, JOHNSON, SKRTEL, AGGER, ENRIQUE, LUCAS, GERRARD, AQUILANI, COLE, SUAREZ, CARROLL

DONI, KELLY, COADY, DOWNING, HENDERSON, SHELVEY, STERLING

Based on what we got now
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #94: Jun 02, 2012 12:05:06 pm
      Still believe Spearing and Lucas would  be our best partnership in the middle atm.

:lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #95: Jun 02, 2012 04:12:07 pm
      It's going to be interesting. I'm not sure Rodgers is going to be 100 percent set on the way he played with Swansea once he gets his hands on this team. But I do think he'll go 4-3-3.

Based on the current squad (not including transfers):

Reina
      Skrtel           Agger
      Johnson                               Enrique
      Lucas               
                      Henderson
      Gerrard           
      Suarez                                  Bellamy
      Carroll

^ Sorry if the formatting is weird, just trying to stack them based on position. I do see Rodgers moving Suarez to the WF position.

As for some of the other players out on loan, we'll see. I can see Cole, Aquilani, and even Pacheco being given a shot next season, but I could also see them being moved on. I think we'll get a better idea when we take on Toronto in July.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #96: Jun 02, 2012 04:21:30 pm

I don't agree with it but it's not entirely stupid. Spearing looks lost in midfield without Lucas as we saw from January onwards but there were plenty of times where he played so well when Lucas was alongside him. I remember the Man City match in April 2011 as a prime example. Remember Spearing chopping down Yaya Toure? Yaya Toure!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #97: Jun 02, 2012 06:30:37 pm

Looks like it's already been edited, for the funnier.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #98: Jun 02, 2012 06:43:47 pm

Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson (born 23 August 1984) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Liverpool and England. He is utter w*nk.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #99: Jun 02, 2012 06:50:56 pm
      Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson (born 23 August 1984) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Liverpool and England. He is utter w*nk.

Been cleared now, someone edited it further at one point, to say he is w*nk, but at least he isn't Gary 'Ratboy' Neville.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #100: Jun 02, 2012 07:18:18 pm

Cracked me up :-)
      vix
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #101: Jun 02, 2012 10:13:51 pm
      the inclusion of Cole surprises me, surely he is passed his best?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #102: Jun 03, 2012 12:23:47 am
      I believe he'll go with a 4-2-3-1. It's what he employed at Swansea, it was his choice on the MOTD3 interview while the others chose 4-4-2, and he was hired for his tactical approach. The 4-2-3-1 is better for controlling possession then the 4-4-2 because it still gives width, yet it clogs the center.

Defensively I think we'll remain the same assuming nobody leaves the club. However I think whilst our defensive shape and aggression will remain the same, I think they'll be encouraged to pass the ball between them more often and our two centers - particularly Agger - will become vital to the possession play that Rodgers will be trying to implant. I also believe that while Glen Johnson and Jose Enrique will still be encouraged to attack, they'll have fewer surging runs forward and more give-and-go's with the midfielders and more overlaps with the wingers up and down the line.

He preferred the three-man midfield of Britton, Allen, and Sigurdsson. Translated into Liverpool FC I think our midfield will look like Lucas, Henderson, and Gerrard. Although I believe Adam could challenge or even Cole or Aquilani could return and take Henderson's position there and Gerrard could be the box-to-box man while Aquilani or Cole become the more forward "extra" midfielder behind the striker that Sigurdsson played so well throughout Swansea's season.

Offensively we'll need additions in order for Rodgers to make his vision a reality in my opinion. Sinclair, Dyer, and Routledge were his preferred wingers this season. All three have blistering pace and quality foot-skills, yet all three were capable of playing a disciplined style in which they would mark their man and try to intercept a pass rather than sprint all out to try and regain possession and they would make a simple pass rather than dribble into trouble.

Suarez could occupy one of our winger roles even though he isn't as quick as those three. Sterling could probably play one, not that Rodgers would count on him to play a whole season with him yet. Downing I'm not sure about, it wouldn't fit the mold that Rodgers is trying to achieve with two wingers that aren't the quickest players on the pitch, but I think he's the type of player that can be disciplined. I'd say we need at least one new winger, a younger player with very good pace and good on the ball.

As for striker, I think Carroll is perfect for what Rodgers wants. He finished the season with very good hold up play, played some decent passers, got into good areas in and around the box, and was an outlet that could also score. And he's pretty similar to the type of player that Danny Graham was so I think Rodgers will use Carroll a good amount. He could also use Suarez in the striker role as well.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #103: Jun 03, 2012 09:41:36 am
      I think maxi has the most to gain strangely enough. He looked 110% certain to be gone yet now has a manager who needs this exact type of player for his system.

Maxi has our best completed passing ratio over 90% ffs, his goals to games ratio is unreal. Hes a classic pass and move footballer and still underrated imo, younger than gerrard.

He never had unreal pace but he has enough and more than our other options of kuyt,cole so he would fit the system much better.

Only reason to let him go now is getting lucas moura from sao paulo :D otherwise keep him great option for us
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #104: Jun 03, 2012 02:06:06 pm
      This is the type of lineup i see Brendan imploring;

Pepe
                   Skrtel            Agger
      Johnson                              Enrique
                             Lucas               
                 Gerrard              a)?
       Suarez                                 b)?
                            Carroll       

I'd say another young creative attacking midfielder a) (Elm/Sigurdsson) and b) a pacey forward / creative winger (Martinez/Muniain) will be in Brendans sights for the summer, leaving backup as:
      Bench: Henderson / Bellamy / Kelly / Robinson / Jones / Shelvey / ? / ?

Id say with Rogers system the ones at high risk of loosing out are:
      *Carra - high line / split center backs wont suit his age/playing style
      *Spearing - showed not good enough to step up to fill the gap for Lucas and will be additional pressure due to working as the sole DM in Rodgers system.

The biggest conundrum i think that will face Brendan is this one;
      We have too many "average" players in the creative/attacking midfield/wing positions. I think Brendan has to be cruel to be kind but realistically we cant look at having all these in the squad and he needs to see which he can adapt into his system and get rid of the rest for a fresh start.

Kuyt, Cole, Aqualani, Maxi, Shelvey, Henderson, Downing, Adam

Bellamy would obviously suit b)? but cant handle too many games so didnt call it out, still think hes a great option to have on the bench to change thing up. I can't see him getting rid of Henderson due to the youth on his side, but the rest should be treading on eggshells.

I see Sterling and Suso getting a chance under Brendan  who's used to working with younger players so i see a)?  as a priority for a signing with b)? a close second. For the remainder our bench is pretty lackluster and would like to see another CF come in to add that extra something to change the game if its not going our way as well as solving the conundrum with the CAM/ RWF issue i mentioned above.
      (Bellamy would obviously suit b)? but cant handle too many games so didnt call it out, still think hes a great option to have on the bench to change thing up)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #105: Jun 04, 2012 10:20:52 pm
      Don't jump on me for this as I'm certainly not some tactical clever dick and I've probably got this totally wrong but can I throw this one out there?

Is there an argument that Skrtel could struggle?

After the 09/10 season I was in the mind set that he wasn't good enough and wouldn't of said it was a loss if we actually sold him. I wasn't alone by the way.

Then in the 10/11 season, for me, he was our most improved player and then last season he was easily our best player.

Now under Rodgers next season, is it fair to say that he may struggle a little when we play with the expected higher defensive line as in the 09/10 season under Rafa as opposed to when we were defending deeper in the 10/11 (Hodgson/Kenny) and 11/12 (Kenny) seasons?
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #106: Jun 04, 2012 10:33:16 pm
      Don't jump on me for this as I'm certainly not some tactical clever dick and I've probably got this totally wrong but can I throw this one out there?

Is there an argument that Skrtel could struggle?

After the 09/10 season I was in the mind set that he wasn't good enough and wouldn't of said it was a loss if we actually sold him. I wasn't alone by the way.

Then in the 10/11 season, for me, he was our most improved player and then last season he was easily our best player.

Now under Rodgers next season, is it fair to say that he may struggle a little when we play with the expected higher defensive line as in the 09/10 season under Rafa as opposed to when we were defending deeper in the 10/11 (Hodgson/Kenny) and 11/12 (Kenny) seasons?

I don't think so mate, I think he'll do just fine given the improvements he has made in his game the past couple of years. Whilst he doesn't possess electric pace he still has the speed to be part of a side that ploays a higher line and i'm not worried about his ability on the ball. Last season he demonstrated a composure and a confidence on the ball that I didn't think he had in him. He was calm and assured in possession, rarely gave the ball away and often found feet in situations where he may have simply lumped it upfield in years gone by. If anything i'm simply bricking it that another big side in the champions league will come in with a big bid for the lad and that his head will get turned. Along with Vincent Kompany he was the bext CB in the league last season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #107: Jun 04, 2012 10:44:29 pm
      I don't think so mate, I think he'll do just fine given the improvements he has made in his game the past couple of years. Whilst he doesn't possess electric pace he still has the speed to be part of a side that ploays a higher line and i'm not worried about his ability on the ball. Last season he demonstrated a composure and a confidence on the ball that I didn't think he had in him. He was calm and assured in possession, rarely gave the ball away and often found feet in situations where he may have simply lumped it upfield in years gone by. If anything i'm simply bricking it that another big side in the champions league will come in with a big bid for the lad and that his head will get turned. Along with Vincent Kompany he was the bext CB in the league last season.

I can agree with that mate. Was just wondering whether his improvement was down to a tactical change or just plain and simple progression and experience.

Would be interested to see his disciplinary stats over the last three seasons - how many fouls he has commited and how many cards he has been shown.

Can remember us all criticising the amount of silly fouls he gave away during the 09/10 but maybe he hasn't been much different since. We all pick up on things like that when players aren't doing too well but don't really notice when they are performing consistently well.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #108: Jun 04, 2012 11:29:04 pm
      Scored lots of crucial goals,always put in a truly exausting shift and gave his all.Imho Dirk has picked a good time to move on.The one thing that was a big let down in his performances was that terrible first touch.For that reason I don't think Brendan would have gave him starting roles.
      Andy Carroll:To say he wouldn't fit in to BR's style of play is little short of ludcris.For me he's not the greatest header of a ball.I think his ground skills (as with Peter Crouch) just don't seem to get the credit it deserves.His flicks/lay offs and work rate (something else that seems to go unsaid)will I'm sure impress the new boss
      Can't wait for some LFC football again (ie even the pre season games) Finally IBRWT. 
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #109: Jun 05, 2012 05:13:58 am

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/brendan-rodgers-needs-5-players-to-bring-tika-taka-to-liverpool/

Brendan Rodgers is a fierce practitioner of the tiki-taka philosophy, but are Liverpool ready to adopt a pass and move approach? Here are the issues Rodgers will have to address.

Brendan Rodgers Needs 5 Players To Bring Tiki-Taka To Liverpool

Anyone who watched Swansea last season knows: Brendan Rodgers likes his team to play football. Not just any football, tika-taka football. Modelled on those (previously) all-conquering beasts in Barcelona, his Swansea side proved that the seductive style of play made famous in Catalonia isn’t reserved exclusively for Europe’s elite.

In guiding a side, who many predicted to come rock bottom, to a respectable 11th place, he exceeded all expectations (except maybe his own) and gained the respect of plenty of people within the game of football. It wasn’t just their league position that caught the eye however – after all, Paul Lambert achieved similar feats at Norwich this season – it was the way they went about it. Possession based football is in Rodgers DNA, it’s what has brought him success so far, and you can bet it’s what he’s banking on bringing him success at Liverpool. Which begs the question; can tika-taka football be implemented with success at Anfield?

The obvious answer is yes. If Rodgers was able to achieve 11th place with Swansea using this strategy, then a Liverpool side who are technically superior in every area of the pitch should be able to do the business. However, Liverpool aren’t looking to finish 11th, or 10th, or 9th, and certainly not in the 8th spot that they finished under King Kenny. For Liverpool next season the minimum requirement must be a spot in the top 6, with the goal of Champion’s League football within the next two seasons. I’m in no doubt Brendan Rodgers is the man to do it, but if he is to do so in his very specific style, there’s a few squad issues he’ll need to sort out first:

His Swansea side proved that the seductive style of play made famous in Catalonia isn’t reserved exclusively for Europe’s elite.

The back four

Required: one fast, attacking left back and one technically gifted centre back

Swansea’s play last season was heavily reliant on keeping possession at the back. You’ve all seen Barca do it; the two centre backs spread wide, ready to receive the ball from the goalkeeper, and everything builds from there. This is not natural for most defenders; if they were that comfortable on the ball they’d probably be playing in a more advanced position to begin with. It’s likely Martin Skrtel will struggle to play the ball out from the back consistently to the level Rodgers will demand. Agger, though more technically gifted than Skrtel, may also find the going tough in the new system. Teams playing possession based football are prone to counter attacks (as Real Madrid and Chelsea demonstrated beautifully this season) and in these situations his lack of pace could be exposed.

The two full backs will play in slightly advanced positions, helping to provide the width which compensates for a narrow midfield three. In order to do this effectively at the top level they need to possess pace (think Dani Alves and Eric Abidal). Glen Johnson should thrive in this system, his eagerness to burst forward will be encouraged, and he’ll offer a significant attacking threat in the final third. Jose Enrique however does not possess the same physical attributes or level of ability as the man on the opposite flank. A lack of acceleration means Enrique is prone to being exposed in one on one situations. This average speed will more pressingly result in a struggle to both support attacks effectively on the overlap, and get back into position when an attack breaks down.

It may seem as if I’m putting a ridiculously high premium on pace – I am, but justifiably so. At the top level, which is where Liverpool aspire to be, speed is a huge factor. Almost all modern day attackers who play in the Champion’s League have it, therefore any defender who lacks pace and is not exceptional in their positioning for ninety minutes will be exposed.

Midfield

Required: One, if not two, creative midfield players

In order to keep possession to Rodger’s wishes, his formation requires three central midfielders all doing that most simple of things – passing and moving. They also need to press fast when out of possession, so mobility is a huge factor when looking at who will fit into Liverpool’s new style of play. Lucas will suit the system well; his ability to intercept and break up play will help his side recycle possession quickly. The other two midfield slots are anyone’s guess. Steven Gerrard is the obvious name that comes to mind, but for all his qualities the tactical discipline, movement and high level of pressing required in Rodger’s system mean it’s hard to see him being a smooth fit.

One possible alternative for Stevie, and don’t think Rodgers won’t consider this, is moving him to centre back. The precedent has already been set at Athletic Bilbao where Marcelo Bielsa, in need of a player confident enough to bring the ball out from defence when converting the side to possession based football, moved the defensive midfield anchor Javi Martinez into the role. If by some miracle you didn’t catch them on TV, this move yielded excellent results for both the team and individual.

One possible alternative for Stevie, and don’t think Rodgers won’t consider this, is moving him to centre back.

The rest of Liverpool’s midfield options simply don’t look like they’ll fit the bill. Jordan Henderson is the most likely starter of those remaining, but still has a long way to go in his development as a player. His movement and energy levels, two vital attributes to being part of Rodger’s midfield engine, are very good, but it’s in the final third where he needs to improve most. Decisive passing in key areas, something required of the advanced midfielders in this system, is not yet part of Henderson’s repertoire. Shelvey and Spearing fall into the category of young midfield players who will need to progress significantly if they wish to be part of Liverpool’s tika-taka future. As for Charlie Adam, a man who signed for the club a mere twelve months ago, he might want to have serious talks with the new manager. It’s hard to see a player whose main asset is long diagonal balls, and who offers little in the way of movement, thriving in Rodger’s system.

The front three

Required: goal scoring striker with good mobility and link up play

The words movement and mobility have crept up a lot in this article, and rightly so, because they are key components to tika-taka football. Remember Carrick being put on the ‘Barcelona carousel’ back in Rome? Players constantly passing and moving, passing and moving, all around him – he didn’t stand a chance. Movement allows players to quickly make space to receive a pass, drag the opponents out of position, and most importantly it means all eleven men are able to swiftly and effectively put pressure on the ball when out of possession.

Good mobility is a quality Andy Carroll does not possess. For this reason alone he will not fit Rodger’s plans. Balls in the air, crosses and aerial battles are clearly what he thrives on, and there won’t be many of those under the new regime. As for pressing from the front, Carroll’s lack of pace means Liverpool won’t be able to do this effectively if he plays, and so won’t be able to recycle possession as quickly as Rodgers demands. The obvious alternative is to play Suarez in attack as he possesses many of the qualities needed for this system. However, and it’s a big however, Suarez probably isn’t quite clinical enough in front of goal to be the main goal scoring threat. A more appealing prospect would be for him and Downing (yes, Downing) to play as inverted wingers, and for Liverpool to sign a striker to fill the void. Quite how the owners would feel about spending big bucks on another striker after the £35 million they trumped up for Andy Carroll is another matter.

So to summarise, Rodgers could ideally do with a cultured centre back, a fast attacking left back, a creative midfielder (or two) and a goal scoring centre forward. That’s not too much to ask for, right?

Rodgers was brought in specifically for his Philosophy on football. Most of us would have read that interview with Rodgers about his philosophy and his playing style. He’s said himself he will be recruiting players to fit his system not the other way round, it doesn’t matter what name it is, he will sell players that don’t fit his tactics.

For me the obvious players that can fit this formation are Gerrard, Suarez, Johnson, Agger, Lucas, Enrique, Reina and Aquilani

We don’t have a very big squad so I think it’d be good to get Aquilani back if he wants to stay, plus if Sigurdsson decides to sign for us which is looking very likely then that’s good cover the LAM spot

I’m a fan of Henderson, Spearing and Carroll and I hope they can fit in because I want them to succeed here. Adam and Downing I’m not sure can, not because of his passing but because he’s slow on the ball and Downing is… Downing.

I think Sterling, Shelvey, Suso, Texeira, Coates, Kelly, Flano and Robo can change to suit and have the time on their side to do it

Looking at BR’s formation and who we have currently I’m predicting we’ll line up like this

7 ------------------------------Carroll----------------------------
      6 ----------Suarez -----------------------------?????-----------
      5 --------------------Sig/Aqui-------Gerrard-------------------
      4 ---Enrique---------------------------------------Johnson----
      3 ------------------------------Lucas-----------------------------
      2 ----------------Agger--------------------Skrtel---------------
      1 ------------------------------Reina----------------------------

So having said that I think we do need a bit of an overhaul, maybe 5-7 players just to even fill the bench. But we need to buy quality tricky players that will work
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #110: Jun 05, 2012 06:54:54 am
      I think the strategy that FSG has determines a lot of what goes on. Kuyt left, maybe they want to get the wage bill down. This may be more of a factor than who fits into the new style. We have a youth team full of Borrell influenced players so the timing of Rodgers appointment makes me think they will be suing these players a lot in the future.

Of the present squad I think that if you wanted passing, high pressing football then Kuyt, Maxi and Aurelio would be better options than most of the current squad. However they are older, draw bigger wages and may want personally more time on the field.

In this case I can really see us getting a couple of good, professional high pressing, short passing midfielders. Because Kuyt is gone I think we will get a player in his position. Unless Sterling is being earmarked for big things and Bellamy is to be used as well. Personally I would be getting Keita if he's interested.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #111: Jun 05, 2012 07:10:24 am
      Kuyt wanted to leave, he knew he wouldnt get a game every week

The youth team will be trained to play like the first team, which will be how Rodgers wants it set up
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #112: Jun 05, 2012 09:10:21 am

The youth team will be trained to play like the first team, which will be how Rodgers wants it set up
      And that is the way it used to be and in my opinion should be.,if a first team man was injured the reserve stepped up and just slotted in with no adjustment required.If a manager has faith in his system surely it makes sense for that system to run right through the club.I cannot wait for the new season to kick off and see the style of football Brendan Rodgers will implement at L.F.C.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #113: Jun 05, 2012 10:08:11 am
      Andy Carroll:To say he wouldn't fit in to BR's style of play is little short of ludcris.For me he's not the greatest header of a ball.I think his ground skills (as with Peter Crouch) just don't seem to get the credit it deserves.His flicks/lay offs and work rate (something else that seems to go unsaid)will I'm sure impress the new boss

I don't think it's a case of saying he won't be able to adapt BUT lets not get away from the fact that Andy Carroll is the BEST header of a ball in the entire league. The guy is an absolute monster in the air. If you take that aspect out of his game by not playing to that strength (or very rarely) then you don't have quite the same player on your hands and I would argue there others out there who may be more suited to the role.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #114: Jun 07, 2012 06:21:05 am
      At least I'm sure we won't play a 4-4-2 again. I've been crying for 4-3-3 since the at season began  but Kenny continued with the 4-4-2.
      If Carroll has a good Euro and a good pre-season we'll have in our hand a great player. He's the best player in the air of the league but just needs to develop a  partnership with the wingers and Suarez. that is how he likes the crosses and when to play them or not.
      As for Spearing, if we are to challenge for Europa we need a better DM to partner or cover for Lucas

Quick Reply