Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)

Read 39806 times
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea)
      Reply #46: Jun 11, 2012 02:58:04 pm
      not sure about this one but at least he's got pace which is vital in todays game and mabye something we lack

ynwa
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #47: Jun 11, 2012 03:30:07 pm
      Honestly, if our only signings this summer were Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, and a new CDM (Strootman/Capoue/etc) I'd be reasonably happy.  Johnson and Sturridge would add pace, flair, and goals which are the biggest things we are lacking right now. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #48: Jun 11, 2012 07:54:46 pm
      Be happy enough if we signed him, added depth to the squad and when he's in form he is a big threat! However, not for that price by a long shot!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #49: Jun 11, 2012 09:24:43 pm
      15 million? Jesus Christ. I know he's a decent young English player but he doesn't do sh*t but take shots at goal. One of them is bound to go in.

Less than 10 million is more like it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Jun 11, 2012 09:55:38 pm
      I just don't see Chelsea selling him to us at any sort of a cheap price - if at any price at all. I think they'll rotate him in more with Drogba on the way out. He was playing as a WF under AVB and did OK, but we saw last year when played as a striker for Bolton how well he did.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #51: Jun 12, 2012 10:05:07 am
      Far too much money to spend on a replacement for someone who we just sold for a poultry 1 million. Sturridge does,nt like playing wide right, which is what he will be asked to do as a replacment for Kuyt. Just go out and buy a right winger and striker which is what he maybe looking at if the Kalou and Borini stories are correct.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Jun 12, 2012 10:45:52 am
      this was brought up over a beer with Jim Rosenthal and John Rawling last week . They both think its going to happen

Did you approach the table during this conversation or did you keep a safe distance so as not to arouse suspicion?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Jun 12, 2012 11:42:27 am
      He's still too greedy in terms of how much he wants to take players on or shoot when an easy pass and move option is on. I think if he sorts out his decision making he's got all the natural talent required to be a good quality player. Not so sure if I'd fork out 15m on such a gamble though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #54: Jun 12, 2012 11:57:54 am
      Not so sure if I'd fork out 15m on such a gamble though.

You don't have to, FSG will do it for you  8)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Jun 12, 2012 04:09:23 pm
      He would be a decent addition if we could get him for around 10m and he comes with a few brain cells to.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Jun 12, 2012 04:12:52 pm
      I actually think he's a very good player and with the right coaching he could be a brilliant player.

People saying that he's selfish etc but at least he's a player with natural attacking ability with a bit of flair that beats players frequently.

We need attacking players just like that at Liverpool.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2012 04:23:11 pm
      ^ I agree with you Ross.  I think IF we signed him then he would be played through the middle as a goal poacher.  Suarez would move out to the left and a player like Downing or possibly Adam Johnson would occupy the right forward role.  Suarez is so good at beating his man, getting to the goal line, and cutting a cross back across the 6 yard box, but we never had anyone finishing these chances off last season.  Sturridge has the quickness and finishing ability to put these chances away.  Would be a very good signing in my opinion.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Jun 13, 2012 01:21:13 am
      It's because we accept transfer targets like this we finish in 8th place. With Arsenal set to lure Giroud from Montpellier for what I assume would be no more than 13-15 million we look like proper bellend's if we are targeting Sturridge for the same amount. I know we don't have the lure of CL football but if we cut our losses in the wage department i.e Cole and Aquilani we can aim higher.

Over rated and over paid is Sturridge hope we steer well away from him.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #59: Jun 13, 2012 01:33:22 am
      It's because we accept transfer targets like this we finish in 8th place. With Arsenal set to lure Giroud from Montpellier for what I assume would be no more than 13-15 million we look like proper bellend's if we are targeting Sturridge for the same amount. I know we don't have the lure of CL football but if we cut our losses in the wage department i.e Cole and Aquilani we can aim higher.

Over rated and over paid is Sturridge hope we steer well away from him.

Can't say I massively agree mate. Think he is a very good player. Don't get me wrong, he is overrated but most English players are overrated. If we got him for under £8m, that would be a bit of  steal in my eyes. I think he would improve ye squad we currently have.

Despite that, I don't particularly want him. I think he is a money grabber. He left City when they didn't give him a fat contract and Chelsea gave him 5 times what City where offering. Questions over his attitude as a whole.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #60: Jun 18, 2012 01:19:22 am
      Interestingly though he was scoring goals when he played, I'd say £10mil would be a good purchase but nothing higher
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2012 08:22:53 am
      Interestingly though he was scoring goals when he played, I'd say £10mil would be a good purchase but nothing higher

There is absolutely no way on Gods earth in my view that we would get him for 10 million quid. He'll be 15 million MINIMUM in my view, and it would be at that figure which we would have to decide whether or not he is value. My view is that he would be.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2012 08:34:58 am
      Hmm what if Pacheco returns? if given a chance, I think we'll then don't need Sturridge. Maybe give him chance to prove himself in pre-season and if needed to January and then sign a player like Sturridge.
       We need to see whether Cole, Aquilani and Pacheco will be sold or not before we sign any player I think
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2012 10:44:16 am
      Hmm what if Pacheco returns? if given a chance, I think we'll then don't need Sturridge. Maybe give him chance to prove himself in pre-season and if needed to January and then sign a player like Sturridge.
       We need to see whether Cole, Aquilani and Pacheco will be sold or not before we sign any player I think

Precisely, so what if he returns? Miles away from being good enough.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #64: Jun 18, 2012 10:55:12 am
      Sadly I have to agree, Pacheco has plenty of potential but doesn't seem able to develop as a player.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #65: Jun 18, 2012 02:21:49 pm

We won't know unless he is given 30+ PL starts.

Sturridge has had more and he has shown he is a mid table striker. Somebody earlier made the comment about coaching and talent, I don't want to buy players for $10m + that require coaching and moulding we went down that path last summer and finished 8th. For that fee you expect players to come in and make an impact Newcastle proved it could be done.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #66: Jun 18, 2012 03:06:26 pm
      We won't know unless he is given 30+ PL starts.

Sturridge has had more and he has shown he is a mid table striker. Somebody earlier made the comment about coaching and talent, I don't want to buy players for $10m + that require coaching and moulding we went down that path last summer and finished 8th. For that fee you expect players to come in and make an impact Newcastle proved it could be done.

Can't quite get to grips with this. So Sturridge is not good enough on the one hand but Pacheco should get 30 odd Premier League matches to see if he is up to it on the other?

It could be a long old season

On Pacheco, Rafa didn't think he was good enough, Hodgson didn't think he was good enough and Kenny didn't think he was good enough. On that basis I don't think he is good enough either.

I'd take Sturridge in a heart beat though. A lad who can play wide or through the middle. Young, pacey, skillful with some experience of playing for top clubs. He'll do for me.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #67: Jun 18, 2012 03:31:20 pm
      ^^  To that tune, Paco Jemez (Manager of Rayo Vallecano) did not think Dani was good enough either.  He only made like 11 total appearances in all competitions, almost all of which came as a late sub. 

As you say, Sturridge would be a good option because he can play both out wide or through the center and he is a goal scorer.  Another good option like this would be Jovetic.... Crouchie has been banging this drum for months!!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #68: Jun 18, 2012 04:24:26 pm
      Jovetic is a really good player but could he lead our attack? I'm not sure. It's the same for Suarez, he can score goals sure but he prefers to touhe the ball very often and create, if we were to sign a striker I would prefer a striker like Gomez, Llorente and Cavai,those players like Carroll who just need passes and crosses to score.

Quick Reply