Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Premier League 2012/13

Read 108278 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Premier League 2012/13
      Reply #1863: May 14, 2013 10:03:27 pm
      Thought Wigan would do their usual late season escape, shame. Would have rather Sunderland go down.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1864: May 14, 2013 10:25:16 pm
      4 assists for Cazorla today. Such a fantastic player to watch.

FANTASY POINTS ;D
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1865: May 14, 2013 10:45:47 pm
      I feel for the Wigan midfield, there's some decent players there but if your cf is Kone your going to struggle no matter what. I'm not joking when I say Voronin was better than him. Everything he did tonight was terrible, his passing would drive anyone mad and his hold up play was non-existent.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1866: May 14, 2013 10:53:29 pm
      Sickened that Wigan are going down!
      Bier
      Reply #1867: May 14, 2013 10:59:36 pm
      I feel for the Wigan midfield, there's some decent players there but if your cf is Kone your going to struggle no matter what. I'm not joking when I say Voronin was better than him. Everything he did tonight was terrible, his passing would drive anyone mad and his hold up play was non-existent.

Kone isn't their problem, their defense is. 71 goals conceeded, more than any team. They scored enough goals to be a mid table team.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1868: May 14, 2013 11:09:37 pm
      Kone isn't their problem, their defense is. 71 goals conceeded, more than any team. They scored enough goals to be a mid table team.

That's a good point. I didn't realise that as I don't watch them regularly. My rant over Kone was based on tonights performance, it was truly shocking.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1869: May 14, 2013 11:25:33 pm
      That's a good point. I didn't realise that as I don't watch them regularly. My rant over Kone was based on tonights performance, it was truly shocking.

It's a worthy point though. I've never thought much of Kone and he's always been quite a poor striker in my opinion. Just one more in a LONG line of incredibly average African players to have graced the Premier League. Gives a fair reflection of the immense averageness of African football.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1870: May 15, 2013 12:02:17 pm
      Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape.

There's a joke in there somewhere.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1871: May 15, 2013 06:57:49 pm
      It's a worthy point though. I've never thought much of Kone and he's always been quite a poor striker in my opinion. Just one more in a LONG line of incredibly average African players to have graced the Premier League. Gives a fair reflection of the immense averageness of African football.

The problem is that everyone is after "the next Drogba" and these players tend to be quite cheap. Unfortunately most are as you say average at best and some managers seem content to risk the cash and hope they make a decent return.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #1872: May 15, 2013 10:42:06 pm
      Anyone know the odds of an Arsenal 2-1 win and a Chelsea 0-0 final day of the season? Can't be that remote.
      « Last Edit: May 15, 2013 11:24:22 pm by KobeWorst »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1873: May 16, 2013 12:50:55 am
      Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Loic him up?
      He won't Loic that?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1874: May 17, 2013 05:09:09 pm
      Some Stoke player(s) put a pig's head in Kenwyne Jones' locker at Stoke training facility.

There was also a car windscreen smashed.

Rumours it was Glenn Whelan that put the pig's head in Jones' locker, he retaliated by smashing Whelan's car in.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1875: May 19, 2013 06:01:25 pm
      36 goals in the Premier League today!

Mancs blew a 5-2 lead in the first ever 5-5 the league has had.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1876: May 19, 2013 06:07:05 pm
      Buzzing that Arsenal won at Newcastle leaving Spuds with Europa League football next season instead of CL.  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1877: May 19, 2013 06:14:06 pm
      Buzzing that Arsenal won at Newcastle leaving Spuds with Europa League football next season instead of CL.  ;D

Just texted something similar to my step-brother, a Spuds fan.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1878: May 19, 2013 06:17:33 pm

:lmao: You and your Spurs love affair!

I for one am happy to hear Bale got booked for diving again! (I heard it was a genuine pen, but who cares hah). Do feel a bit gutted for Dempsey though. He really played like he wanted CL the past 2 months or so.

But you can never ever count out Wenger for that 4th place trophy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1879: May 19, 2013 06:37:15 pm
      5-5 result at the Hawthorns is ridiculous. Then again it was just an exhibition game wasn't it.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1880: May 21, 2013 02:11:43 pm
      Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1881: May 21, 2013 02:49:47 pm
      Glad Pulis has gone. One bellend that.

Would suit Wigan.

Wigan Warriors that is.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1882: May 21, 2013 03:04:02 pm
      It'd be funny of Martinez went to Stoke! I wonder could he do ok there? Like it would take a long time really to engrain the passing style in that squad.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1883: Jun 05, 2013 08:20:24 pm
      Nowhere else to put it so.....

Titus Bramble being judgemental about having a lot to learn? A man who still can't play footy after earning a fortune from it?

Pot, kettle, erm, cul de sac.

Titus Bramble blasts Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio: 'he thinks he knows everything, but he has a lot to learn'

Titus Bramble has told Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio he has an overinflated ego and will rapidly lose the dressing room if he continues to be more concerned with his image than his players.
      Titus Bramble blasts Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio: 'he thinks he knows everything, but he has a lot to learn'

Bramble is full of praise for Di Canioā€™s ability as a coach, but was flabbergasted by the way he spoke about, and treated, Sunderlandā€™s players during a volatile first two months in charge.

Although Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Premier League, after replacing Martin Oā€™Neill with seven games left to play, Bramble insists he has a lot to learn as a manager.

Bramble was one of the players heavily fined by the Italian towards the end of the season, two weeks wages for missing a weights session he is adamant nobody told him about.

The Professional Footballersā€™ Association is fighting his case, but the central defender, whose contract at Sunderland expires at the end of the month, disclosed that Di Canio was in danger of alienating the players who remain on Wearside.

ā€œIā€™ve never played under anyone like him and Iā€™ve played for some of the best managers around,ā€ said Bramble. ā€œSteve Bruce, Roberto MartĆ­nez and Sir Bobby Robson. He thinks he knows everything, but he has got a lot to learn.

link
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1884: Jun 06, 2013 10:24:12 pm
      'I've played under some of the best managers around, Steve Bruce, Roberto Martinez'   :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1885: Jun 14, 2013 12:53:10 pm
      Nowhere else to put it so.....

Titus Bramble being judgemental about having a lot to learn? A man who still can't play footy after earning a fortune from it?

Pot, kettle, erm, cul de sac.

Titus Bramble has told Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio he has an overinflated ego and will rapidly lose the dressing room if he continues to be more concerned with his image than his players.

Bramble is full of praise for Di Canioā€™s ability as a coach, but was flabbergasted by the way he spoke about, and treated, Sunderlandā€™s players during a volatile first two months in charge.

Although Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Premier League, after replacing Martin Oā€™Neill with seven games left to play, Bramble insists he has a lot to learn as a manager.

Bramble was one of the players heavily fined by the Italian towards the end of the season, two weeks wages for missing a weights session he is adamant nobody told him about.

The Professional Footballersā€™ Association is fighting his case, but the central defender, whose contract at Sunderland expires at the end of the month, disclosed that Di Canio was in danger of alienating the players who remain on Wearside.

ā€œIā€™ve never played under anyone like him and Iā€™ve played for some of the best managers around,ā€ said Bramble. ā€œSteve Bruce, Roberto MartĆ­nez and Sir Bobby Robson. He thinks he knows everything, but he has got a lot to learn.

link

Ugh. Bramble is one despicable rodent.

In other news Owen Coyle has become the new Wigan manager. Great news. Really appreciate Owen Coyle as a manager. Great guy.

Quick Reply