Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 196503 times
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #161: Aug 14, 2012 06:28:02 am
      Borini has impressed me so far even when he is not in the game he does the little things which add up by the end of the season.

Quite underrated with the ball at his feet looks like he will link up nicely with Suarez.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #162: Aug 14, 2012 08:08:57 pm
      Seeing him work last Thursday helped me make my mind up YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #163: Aug 16, 2012 07:17:51 pm
      Apparently we owe a bit of thanks to Ballotelli.

My son just told me Ballotelli told Borini "to go to Liverpool - they have the best fans in the world."
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #164: Aug 16, 2012 11:08:39 pm

My son just told me Ballotelli told Borini "to go to Liverpool - they have the best fans in the world."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/106615/default.aspx

"The fans played a big part (in him coming to LFC). When I was with Italy at Euro 2012 I was talking to Mario Balotelli about England, and he told me that Liverpool had the most exciting fans to play in front of. He described it as a beautiful experience."

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #165: Aug 17, 2012 12:29:37 am
      Read an interview he did for FourFourTwo's recent edition. Few interesting things came out of it. I must add, I typed this out directly from September 2012 edition of FourFourTwo, hence why there is no direct link.

FFT: You will wear the No.29 shirt: does it have any special significance for you?

FB: Yes. I don't know what it is but seems like all of the important things in my life have something to do with 29,

FFT: Give us an example?

FB: Ok, there are a few. It is the day of the month on which I was born, and I also made my Premier League debut on the 20/9/2009. I made my debut for the national team on February 29 this year and when you add all the numbers up from my sister's date of birth, it come to a total of 29.

FFT: We hear you have a couple of unusual nicknames....

FB: My old Roma team-mates had a few nicknames for me: NASCAR was one of them. It's all to do with those American racing cars that do a lap on a circuit. They associated it with my work rate. The other one that made me smile was Taz after the cartoon character in Taz-Mania. He used to spin round and round in a whirl.

FFT: Finally, is it true you have a tattoo that translates as 'The Talking Cricket'? What's that all about?

FB: It's Jimmy Cricket, who acts as Pinocchio's conscience. It's to remind me to think twice about doing something. I try not to just make a decision on impulse. Fortunately, joining Liverpool was one time I didn't have to think too much.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #166: Aug 17, 2012 02:16:38 am

If true this count as him pay for a broken door in Anfield dressing room :D

Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #167: Aug 17, 2012 11:13:29 am
      Read an interview he did for FourFourTwo's recent edition. Few interesting things came out of it. I must add, I typed this out directly from September 2012 edition of FourFourTwo, hence why there is no direct link.

FFT: You will wear the No.29 shirt: does it have any special significance for you?

FB: Yes. I don't know what it is but seems like all of the important things in my life have something to do with 29,

FFT: Give us an example?

FB: Ok, there are a few. It is the day of the month on which I was born, and I also made my Premier League debut on the 20/9/2009. I made my debut for the national team on February 29 this year and when you add all the numbers up from my sister's date of birth, it come to a total of 29.

FFT: We hear you have a couple of unusual nicknames....

FB: My old Roma team-mates had a few nicknames for me: NASCAR was one of them. It's all to do with those American racing cars that do a lap on a circuit. They associated it with my work rate. The other one that made me smile was Taz after the cartoon character in Taz-Mania. He used to spin round and round in a whirl.

FFT: Finally, is it true you have a tattoo that translates as 'The Talking Cricket'? What's that all about?

FB: It's Jimmy Cricket, who acts as Pinocchio's conscience. It's to remind me to think twice about doing something. I try not to just make a decision on impulse. Fortunately, joining Liverpool was one time I didn't have to think too much.

Interesting. I like his last answer, its nice.

Hoping he can score 29 goals too now. ;D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #168: Aug 18, 2012 05:26:11 pm
      I'm not writing the lad of in anyway shape or form but exactly does he offer to the team?

Goals? What?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #169: Aug 18, 2012 05:32:10 pm
      He battled well I thought unlucky not to have an assist and a goal.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #170: Aug 18, 2012 05:32:42 pm
      I'm not writing the lad of in anyway shape or form but exactly does he offer to the team?

Goals? What?
      Goals.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #171: Aug 18, 2012 05:32:44 pm
      He looks like he'll be a good player from the bench or as a squad player but at 21 he looks too inexperienced and raw to walk into our first 11.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #172: Aug 18, 2012 05:41:23 pm
      Looked more nervous than anything to me today, unfortunately, the nervousness never seemed to fade away, hopefully we won't see the nerves in the next match, still would rather have him on the pitch than Downing any day of the week.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #173: Aug 18, 2012 06:02:15 pm
      First time I watched him, not very impressed, but I certainly haven't formed an opinion yet.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #174: Aug 18, 2012 06:36:39 pm
      I'd agree Diego, to me he looks like he will struggle in premiership, he is a bit lightweight, isnt searing quick and touch aint great. Not sure how Rodgers sees him and Suarez working.

Only first impressions though, hope he has more to his locker
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #175: Aug 18, 2012 06:41:04 pm
      Understandably shaky and flirted in & out of the game.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #176: Aug 18, 2012 07:03:21 pm
      Very quiet, but he's not the type of player I expect to be the one to create chances and get hold of possession alot.

I expect him to be waiting in the right area when Suarez has beaten 3 players and teed it up for him to do what he does best - put the ball in the back of the net. 

Today, we showed once again that we need someone who can bury chances. God I hope he can do it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #177: Aug 18, 2012 11:50:02 pm
      Forgot that he was even on the pitch there for a while.

Hopefully that's just first game nerves and he starts to show us what he's got in the next game.

Bit lightweight for me too. Only 21 though and hopefully he has a promising career at Anfield ahead of him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #178: Aug 19, 2012 05:03:37 am
      Honestly, think Brendan used him wrong today. From what I've seen of Borini, he seems much better as a striker than a WF. He's not really the type to run at the fullback and create. He's more of good position taker in the box type. Him and Suarez should swap positions IMO
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #179: Aug 19, 2012 05:07:41 am
      Honestly, think Brendan used him wrong today. From what I've seen of Borini, he seems much better as a striker than a WF. He's not really the type to run at the fullback and create. He's more of good position taker in the box type. Him and Suarez should swap positions IMO

Absolutely agree with this. He's a striker, not a winger. His movement off the ball is too good and his ability on the ball is not good enough for him to be playing on the wing and not in the middle. Plus, Suarez is a better creator than finisher and on top of that, he's better taking on men from the flank than through the middle, think it's a no-brainer for them to swap honestly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #180: Aug 19, 2012 09:31:26 am
      Fabio: Balotelli told me about Kop

Fabio Borini has revealed how a conversation with Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli helped convince him Liverpool fans were the most passionate in England and that playing at Anfield would be a 'beautiful experience'.

The pair were teammates when Italy reached the final of Euro 2012 in the summer and it was during the same tournament that Borini, aware of the Reds' interest in acquiring his services, sought Balotelli's advice about a switch to England.

And despite having played in front the Anfield crowd just twice since arriving at the Etihad in August 2011, the City man gave the Kop faithful a glowing reference.

"The fans played a big part (in me joining Liverpool)," Borini told FourFourTwo magazine. "When I was with Italy at Euro 2012, I was talking to Balotelli about England, and he told me that Liverpool had the most exciting fans to play in front of.

"He described it as a beautiful experience.

"I became aware that Brendan Rodgers wanted me, and once I got the official request I knew what to do. I spoke with Roma to discuss it and we came to an agreement."

Borini arrived at Anfield with plenty of experience of the English game. At the tender age of 17 he left home to join Chelsea's youth ranks before opting for a loan move to Swansea in 2011.

Carlo Ancelotti handed him his professional debut in 2009 before likening the young forward's style, movement and eye for goal to that of prolific AC Milan forward Filippo Inzaghi.

And Borini, who netted his first goal for the Reds against FC Gomel in the Europa League third round qualifier at anfield, explained to FourFourTwo how these traits will help him settle into life at Liverpool.

"It's wonderful to hear great managers (like Ancelotti) mentioning you alongside such prestigious company," admitted Borini. "I think Inzaghi won almost everything and scored many, many goals in the Champions League as well as in the national team. It is an honour to be compared to him.

"I am a striker but I played right and left at Roma. I think I have the attributes to fill the (Liverpool) manager's approach. I like to work hard for the team, which is what his tiki-taka style demands.

"I just try to be available and always offer an option. I love scoring goals and hope to get many more wearing the red of Liverpool."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fabio-balotelli-told-me-about-kop
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #181: Aug 19, 2012 09:44:06 am
      Think we should get a creative winger to play on the left and Borini should be used as a striker, but not week in week out. Use him in Europa and Cup games and when we need to give Suarez a rest. That would mean 20-30 games for him.
      sivapc22
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      Reply #182: Aug 19, 2012 10:09:03 am
      terrible but had good moments here and there, like that awesome chip to Suarez (worst finisher in the world).

i think he can be a very good player for us. Not on wings, but up on top.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #183: Aug 19, 2012 02:57:03 pm
      Suarez (worst finisher in the world).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quick Reply