Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Lewis Holtby (Schalke)

Read 15483 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Lewis Holtby (Schalke)
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2013 02:02:04 pm
      Same old story with us and Spurs >:(
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2013 04:13:35 pm
      F**k f**k f**k f**k

HOLTBY TO JOIN (Tottenham) IN JULY
      We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Germany Under-21 captain Lewis Holtby to join the Club in July from Bundesliga side Schalke, subject to a medical.

The creative midfielder began his professional career with Alemannia Aachen and his impressive performances in the German second division soon caught the attention of a number of top-flight Bundesliga sides before he made the move to Schalke in the summer of 2009.

He enjoyed loan spells with Bochum and Mainz prior to making his breakthrough at Schalke. To date, he has made 75 appearances for the Gelsenkirchen-based club in all competitions, scoring 11 times as well as earning three caps for the senior German national side.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/holtby-to-join-in-july-04012013.page?

F***ing Spurs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #48: Jan 04, 2013 04:53:44 pm
      Disappointing. Joined without the guarantee of CL football too, so we must have had a chance if we wanted to go for it.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #49: Jan 04, 2013 04:56:08 pm
      Fuckers...

We really need to step it up - he is going to be a class player! Gutted
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #50: Jan 04, 2013 05:03:39 pm
      F**k f**k f**k f**k

HOLTBY TO JOIN (Tottenham) IN JULY
      We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Germany Under-21 captain Lewis Holtby to join the Club in July from Bundesliga side Schalke, subject to a medical.

The creative midfielder began his professional career with Alemannia Aachen and his impressive performances in the German second division soon caught the attention of a number of top-flight Bundesliga sides before he made the move to Schalke in the summer of 2009.

He enjoyed loan spells with Bochum and Mainz prior to making his breakthrough at Schalke. To date, he has made 75 appearances for the Gelsenkirchen-based club in all competitions, scoring 11 times as well as earning three caps for the senior German national side.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/holtby-to-join-in-july-04012013.page?

F***ing Spurs.

F***ing cu*ts.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #51: Jan 04, 2013 05:26:26 pm
      AVB is good at attracting top young talent.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Jan 04, 2013 05:32:54 pm
      What if we bid for Sigurdsson now? :D

I would still love to have him at LFC
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #53: Jan 04, 2013 05:37:42 pm
      What if we bid for Sigurdsson now? :D

I would still love to have him at LFC

Has he been any good for Spurs? He hardly seems to start for them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Jan 04, 2013 05:38:29 pm
      Has he been any good for Spurs? He hardly seems to start for them.

Not really, but I believe he would be quality for us. I haven't changed my mind from the summer window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #55: Jan 04, 2013 05:39:39 pm
      Not really, but I believe he would be quality for us. I haven't changed my mind from the summer window.
      He may be quality, but after he snubbed us for more money he can piss right off as far as I'm concerned.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #56: Jan 04, 2013 05:51:33 pm
      Shame, seems a good player, let's hope we can get someone better.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #57: Jan 04, 2013 06:01:50 pm
      He may be quality, but after he snubbed us for more money he can piss right off as far as I'm concerned.

He might have snubbed us for more money, but he also signed for the club who are currently 3rd, 5 positions and 8 points above us, and valued him more. I'm not a big fan of passing moral judgment without all the information.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #58: Jan 04, 2013 07:18:45 pm
      Disappointing.
      Joined without the guarantee of CL football too, so we must have had a chance if we wanted to go for it.

We did.

He turned up for a Melwood meeting at 3.55 but Ayres had gone 10 minutes early.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #59: Jan 04, 2013 07:27:07 pm
      We did.

He turned up for a Melwood meeting at 3.55 but Ayres had gone 10 minutes early.

Quality!
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #60: Jan 04, 2013 07:27:52 pm
      Is that true Eurored?  Did we really miss out on Holtby the German u-21 captain because Ian Ayres was'nt around for the meeting? 

Please tell me your havin a laugh?

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #61: Jan 04, 2013 07:32:31 pm
      Is that true Eurored?  Did we really miss out on Holtby the German u-21 captain because Ian Ayres was'nt around for the meeting? 

Please tell me your havin a laugh?

:lmao: Yes, he's having a laugh
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: Jan 04, 2013 07:40:15 pm
      See this is exactly why I don't buy into all the piss and bluster FSG put out there about buying smartly.

We Spent £12m on Sturridge and could possibly have gotten Llorente and Holtby for the same money.

Not saying we would have got them, but we never even tried, not that smart a move in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong Sturridge is a good player, but to fill two places in a deplated squad with two good players for the price of 1 is buying smartly.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2013 07:52:13 pm
      Good business from Levy again.
      Makes a mockery of the money we have spent on "potential".
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2013 12:27:38 am
      I think Sturridge was the main target this window, and I don't really expect anyone else  to come in now. The likes of Lorente and Holtby were only ever fantasy options as far as I can see. I would take them both but has there been any serious info from the club that they was ever an oficial aproach ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2013 12:44:44 am
      Nothing saying there was approaches for either mate and no one is suggesting there was.

Just stating if we were talking about buying smartly, then they would be the smart buys.

Now let's presume they didn't fit into the managers long term plans if bought, you could probably sell them this time next January and double your money on them, thus increasing your transfer budget for the players you do see as long term signings.

That's buying smartly for me.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2013 12:47:15 am
      See this is exactly why I don't buy into all the piss and bluster FSG put out there about buying smartly.

We Spent £12m on Sturridge and could possibly have gotten Llorente and Holtby for the same money.

Not saying we would have got them, but we never even tried, not that smart a move in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong Sturridge is a good player, but to fill two places in a deplated squad with two good players for the price of 1 is buying smartly.

True Daz, we're still sh*t at transfers . I wonder why we even bothered with Sahin , we could have saved some by not loan signing him . that money could have went towards Holtby . Assaidi ,another one , why did Rodgers sign him , he's not getting any game time . Is he spending the money for the sake of it .   
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2013 08:49:35 am
      Is he spending the money for the sake of it .
      This has been my concern since Rafa. When we don't have enough money available for the main targets, we seem to spend it for the sake of spending it, on players we wouldn't have otherwise looked at. Can't the funds be put aside until they accumulate into enough for the right targets, or do they have to be spent at the earliest opportunity in each transferr window ?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2013 08:55:38 am
      Just stating if we were talking about buying smartly, then they would be the smart buys.

Totally agree with that Red, but I dont think many managers buy players they don't really fancy, with a view to sell on at a profit 2 years later. Perhaps on the money they earn, they do that with properties and fine art, but not with players. It makes perfectly good business sense, but when was a football club run on good business sense ? Ours certainly hasn't been for about 25 yrs.

Quick Reply