Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Suarez interview ignites media frenzy

Read 19168 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Suarez interview ignites media frenzy
      Reply #161: Jul 20, 2012 07:33:47 pm
      Interesting theory...

Only fight the fights that we know we can win?

Only protect our own if it doesn't make us unpopular ?

Even if we believe something something to be worth fighting for and that we owe one of our own the full support we can muster?

Does that theory run into games as well? Only play the ones we know we can win?

I personally don't care if it makes us unpopular... Luis deserves our support.

Well that is a lot of twisting of theories there.

We lost this battle back in Jan - pursing it will make matters worse - where is the good in that ?

yes we support our players - never said we shouldnt but sometimes you have to accept when its wrong to carry on fighting.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #162: Jul 20, 2012 07:47:33 pm
      Well that is a lot of twisting of theories there.

We lost this battle back in Jan - pursing it will make matters worse - where is the good in that ?

yes we support our players - never said we shouldnt but sometimes you have to accept when its wrong to carry on fighting.

The owners and powers that be lost the battle...

If Luis doesn't feel he wants to let it go then it's our job to support him rather than Let him walk alone he is the one that if he wants to drop it then fine... If he doesn't then we as fans should have his back.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #163: Jul 20, 2012 07:55:09 pm
      Following blindly isn't really sensible - time to make a judgement call.

What possible positive outcome is there ?

If Suarez pursues to keep bringing up the injustice then he could find himself charged once again by the FA , then what ? He keeps fighting and we keep following along behind him ?

Let's be sensible here - the incident was ten months ago now - if Suarez wanted to fight then he should have done it back then.

The manager will not want it to carry on as it will be nothing but a distraction to the player and the team.

Let's be sensible for a change .

The manager will make the choice and then it will be up to Suarez to listen to the manager.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #164: Jul 20, 2012 08:00:02 pm
      Doesn't sound like Luis was advised well 10 months ago.

You make which ever choice you want... I'll make mine...

I back Luis
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #165: Jul 20, 2012 08:01:56 pm
      Doesn't sound like Luis was advised well 10 months ago.

You make which ever choice you want... I'll make mine...

I back Luis
      Let's see if you still back him when he is sat on the sidelines due to another ban.

I'll back the club - because no player is bigger than the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #166: Jul 20, 2012 08:04:00 pm
      Let's see if you still back him when he is sat on the sidelines due to another ban.

Why would he be getting another ban?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #167: Jul 20, 2012 08:04:53 pm

Fighters yes - but the club has always picked the right battle to fight. A battle there is a chance of winning. A battle that gives us positive outcomes.

This battle isn't going to do that. The battle is with the FA and we can't beat them.

We as fans will continue to stick up for Suarez and the club - we know he isn't a racist so does the club.

But the incident needs to pass now for the good of the club.
      Battles we're not going to win like Hillsborough? Fighting the corrupt bas**rds for 23 years and it still goes on.
      An indication of what we are up against, massed hypocrites, liars and deceivers.
      Maybe the owners are uneducated in the process of confronting these bodies and unfamiliar with the qualities needed for the battle - LFC and it's suporters are not and bow to no one.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #168: Jul 20, 2012 08:06:04 pm
      Why would he be getting another ban?

Because if he keeps going on about the incident and slagging off Alkie and the FA they will do him for disrepute.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #169: Jul 20, 2012 08:06:24 pm

I'll back the club - because no player is bigger than the club.

I'd do the same if it was Jack Robinson...

I back the club and all elements of it... If he gets another ban so be it.. Then we should take it further..

It's nothing to do with him being one of our best players... Just One of our players..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #170: Jul 20, 2012 08:06:50 pm

Sounds like a manUre game plan.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #171: Jul 20, 2012 08:07:15 pm
      Battles we're going to win like Hillsborough? Fighting the corrupt bas**rds for 23 years and it still goes on.
      An indication of what we are up against, massed hypocrites, liars and deceivers.
      Maybe the owners are uneducated in the process of confronting these bodies and unfamiliar with the qualities needed for the battle - LFC and it's suporters are not and bow to no one.

The Suarez situation is nothing like Hillsborough. Nothing.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #172: Jul 20, 2012 08:07:39 pm
      Following blindly isn't really sensible - time to make a judgement call.

What possible positive outcome is there ?

If Suarez pursues to keep bringing up the injustice then he could find himself charged once again by the FA , then what ? He keeps fighting and we keep following along behind him ?

Let's be sensible here - the incident was ten months ago now - if Suarez wanted to fight then he should have done it back then.

The manager will not want it to carry on as it will be nothing but a distraction to the player and the team.

Let's be sensible for a change .

The manager will make the choice and then it will be up to Suarez to listen to the manager.

Sometimes it isn't about the 'positive' outcome, it's about what's right.  I don't think Suarez should mention it at every turn, nor should he shy away when asked and F**k what Mr Ferguson (how the F**k that duplicitous c**t got knighted is beyond me) thinks.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #173: Jul 20, 2012 08:10:01 pm
      I'd do the same if it was Jack Robinson...

I back the club and all elements of it... If he gets another ban so be it.. Then we should take it further..

It's nothing to do with him being one of our best players... Just One of our players..

Yes let's keep going and going and going - lets ignore the effects it will have on the pitch - it already contributed to one awful season in the league - do you really want it to carry on going.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #174: Jul 20, 2012 08:10:36 pm
      Sounds like a manUre game plan.

What ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #175: Jul 20, 2012 08:11:22 pm
      Because if he keeps going on about the incident and slagging off Alkie and the FA they will do him for disrepute.

So he has no rights then?. He cant speak about the incident? Dont be silly.

And didn't the little toad evra bring this up a few weeks ago, so dont see why Luis should be lambasted for doing an interview, especially as the interview was in his home country.

He was fooked over by toad boy and the FA and to slam it in his face Mr England gets off scott free earier this week and therell be little aftermath in the media about that I bet
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #176: Jul 20, 2012 08:12:03 pm
      Sometimes it isn't about the 'positive' outcome, it's about what's right.  I don't think Suarez should mention it at every turn, nor should he shy away when asked and F**k what Mr Ferguson (how the F**k that duplicitous c**t got knighted is beyond me) thinks.

It's the FA - when did they ever know the difference between what's right and wrong.

What good can be achieved from constantly pursuing it ?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #177: Jul 20, 2012 08:13:04 pm
      So he has no rights then?. He cant speak about the incident? Dont be silly.

And didn't the little toad evra bring this up a few weeks ago, so dont see why Luis should be lambasted for doing an interview, especially as the interview was in his home country.

He was fooked over by toad boy and the FA and to slam it in his face Mr England gets off scott free earier this week and therell be little aftermath in the media about that I bet

Yes we know but there is nothing we can don't about it - nothing.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #178: Jul 20, 2012 08:14:25 pm
      The Suarez situation is nothing like Hillsborough. Nothing.
      You aluded to battles we're not going to win, the same was said after the horror 23 years ago and we're still fighting.
      You said we cannot win the Suarez dispute, I mentioned Hillsborough as an illustration to people who doubt LFC's spirit and choose to dismiss it out of hand.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #179: Jul 20, 2012 08:14:55 pm
      Yes we know but there is nothing we can don't about it - nothing.

Nothing will change the FA ruling but that should not prevent Luis Suarez doing an interview and answering any question asked about the incident.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #180: Jul 20, 2012 08:16:49 pm
      You aluded to battles we're not going to win, the same was said after the horror 23 years ago and we're still fighting.
      You said we cannot win the Suarez dispute, I mentioned Hillsborough as an illustration to people who doubt LFC's spirit and choose to dismiss it out of hand.

I would rather not bring Hillsborough into this situation ok.

It is a totally different scenario.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #181: Jul 20, 2012 08:18:52 pm
      Nothing will change the FA ruling but that should not prevent Luis Suarez doing an interview and answering any question asked about the incident.

It shouldn't but he should show common sense and realise its going to come back and hurt the club. It took one whole day for the scum to jump on the moral high ground and point down at us f***in up once again in the PR stakes.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #182: Jul 20, 2012 08:22:03 pm
      Just let it go, Luis. Next time someone asks, just say you wish it hadn't happened but you'd like to move forward and prove yourself.

The media will continue to hound him until he stops giving nibbles.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #183: Jul 20, 2012 08:22:04 pm
      Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse.
       Every time Cato closed a speech, he uttered those words. History recorded his perseverance.

If I were Suarez, Id end up every interview whatever the subject, with "oh, and furthermore, IM INNOCENT " Every single time untill i die. Would you want history to remember you as a racist b***ard? Because whatever he does on the pitch, any piece of new on him WILL, and we can pretty much guarantee this, include references to this affair

Quick Reply