Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Daniel Agger (Man City)

Read 90639 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Reply #1219: Aug 16, 2012 07:50:22 pm
      Please say that Carra is hinting Agger has been offered a 4 year contract ?!?!?

Sorry yes - when asked about Agger staying said it was great news for everyone but him... He then said that Agger and Skrtle had been offered new contracts, it was more complicated with Agger as other clubs were interested in him, but hopes that he will sign this week.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1220: Aug 16, 2012 08:00:48 pm
      You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has goals. And those goals have to be guarded by men with talent. Who's gonna do it? You? You, John Henry? Agger has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Aquilani and you curse Daniel Agger. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Aquilani's transfer, while tragic, probably saved money. And Agger's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves goals...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Agger defending that goal. You need Agger defending that goal.
      We use words like honor, club, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very success they provide, then questions the manner in which they provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football and defend a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

F***ing brilliant. Love it.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1221: Aug 16, 2012 08:15:22 pm
      It would be a decent summer of business - still missing a lethal striker but dont think many can complain ( even though they will )

Agger has to stay, so I really hope this is true!

As for another striker, never say never, since there are still rumours surrounding Carroll and Adam, could amount to £20-25 million coming in.

I'm not stupid enough to be counting on it, but still... who knows.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1222: Aug 16, 2012 09:06:31 pm
      Hope Agger stays and keeps fit, big player for us
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1223: Aug 16, 2012 09:26:14 pm
      LOOOOOOOL!

I got goosebumps reading that s@int xD
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #1224: Aug 17, 2012 12:37:23 pm
      Hope Agger stays and keeps fit, big player for us
      This. Don't want to tempt fate, but can see him being less likely to get injured playing like this. A lot of the scurrying and last ditch type defending that often cause injuries might be being done more by the midfield and full backs.... what am i talking about?!
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #1225: Aug 18, 2012 10:47:34 am
      When asked if City to sign Daniel Agger? Roberto Mancini replied "I don't think so." [ESPN] #LFC
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1226: Aug 18, 2012 01:54:40 pm
      When asked if City to sign Daniel Agger? Roberto Mancini replied "I don't think so." [ESPN] #LFC

Where are all the nagging fuckers now saying 'FSG out', 'FSG are a joke for selling our players' 'We are doing the same as Merieles again' ....etc now ???

Oh wait, the red-tops are not reporting it.

:roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1227: Aug 18, 2012 01:58:02 pm
      Where are all the nagging fuckers now saying 'FSG out', 'FSG are a joke for selling our players' 'We are doing the same as Merieles again' ....etc now ???

Oh wait, the red-tops are reporting it.

:roll:

Yeah, now they are a joke for trying to sell our players and failing miserably :)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1228: Aug 18, 2012 02:02:42 pm
      Yeah, now they are a joke for trying to sell our players and failing miserably :)

;D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1229: Aug 18, 2012 02:13:56 pm
      lolol..

I'm sure it wasn't all media fiction..

I dunno about "fsg out" and all that but after all the quotes (not just the media spin offs) its obvious FSG we're considering off loading?
      This doesn't justify all the anti fsg garbage but I can understand why fans would scrutinize these recent maneuvers.?

Its deffo not a case of, Agger didn't get sold so everyone is proved over reactive??..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1230: Aug 18, 2012 02:35:58 pm
      its obvious FSG we're considering off loading?

I don't think they were, they just stood by every player has a price, some prices are ridiculous but if a ridiculous offer came in, they'd have to consider it.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1231: Aug 18, 2012 02:38:14 pm

I don't think they were, they just stood by every player has a price, some prices are ridiculous but if a ridiculous offer came in, they'd have to consider it.

The same as every club in the world operate. I don't remember much Spurs fans banging on about their owners last year when Harry said that Bale had a price that they would sell him at.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1232: Aug 18, 2012 11:41:39 pm
      Thought to myself yesterday as he was walking off after being red carded, he must be thinking F**k this sh*t I'm out of  here if that's the kind of performance we're going to put on, especially in the second half. Wouldn't blame him for F***ing off to win trophies just hope IF he does go, it's to another League.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #1233: Aug 19, 2012 08:57:44 am
      To question his integrity like that is pretty insulting, after one game to abandon the club? I am sure the man is not that quick tempered..

lolol..

I'm sure it wasn't all media fiction..

I dunno about "fsg out" and all that but after all the quotes (not just the media spin offs) its obvious FSG we're considering off loading?
      This doesn't justify all the anti fsg garbage but I can understand why fans would scrutinize these recent maneuvers.?

Its deffo not a case of, Agger didn't get sold so everyone is proved over reactive??..

no. look at the torres deal. unthinkable to sell him and unthinkable to sell him to them. but if city came in with 50mil for agger you know what would have happened. the owners aren't going to say "X is not for sale" the forum has been over this.

it IS all fiction. don't believe any of it!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #1234: Aug 19, 2012 09:31:30 am
      Thought to myself yesterday as he was walking off after being red carded, he must be thinking f**k this sh*t I'm out of  here if that's the kind of performance we're going to put on, especially in the second half. Wouldn't blame him for f**king off to win trophies just hope IF he does go, it's to another League.
      To be honest, if he says that he can really go whenever he want to. Don't believe this though as we're clearly the better team until the red card and penalty.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1235: Aug 19, 2012 10:22:46 am
      Thought to myself yesterday as he was walking off after being red carded, he must be thinking f**k this sh*t I'm out of  here if that's the kind of performance we're going to put on, especially in the second half. Wouldn't blame him for f**king off to win trophies just hope IF he does go, it's to another League.

He'll be thinking "sh*t I'm out of here"??

Come on Aussie lad.. Get a grip.. The only thing he should have been thinking was "I shouldn't have gave a way a pen and got sent off"..
      He's had to scrap for a new contract and got a tatt on his knuckles, Its very unlikey he'll be thinking that..;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #1236: Aug 19, 2012 12:44:18 pm
      He'll be thinking "sh*t I'm out of here"??

Come on Aussie lad.. Get a grip.. The only thing he should have been thinking was "I shouldn't have gave a way a pen and got sent off"..
      He's had to scrap for a new contract and got a tatt on his knuckles, Its very unlikey he'll be thinking that..;D

Except if he hears Freddie Mercury in his head!!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1237: Aug 19, 2012 12:47:54 pm
      Except if he hears Freddie Mercury in his head!!

.....and we all know about Freddie Mercury and head jobs.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1238: Aug 19, 2012 01:07:21 pm
      To question his integrity like that is pretty insulting, after one game to abandon the club? I am sure the man is not that quick tempered..

no. look at the torres deal. unthinkable to sell him and unthinkable to sell him to them. but if city came in with 50mil for agger you know what would have happened. the owners aren't going to say "X is not for sale" the forum has been over this.

it IS all fiction. don't believe any of it!

I don't actually get what you mean lad??? Who's integrity what??

I was saying fans were correct in scrutinizing FSG "If" they sold Agger because everyone else involved were quoted in saying they wanted Agger to stay..

City bidding = not fiction
      Stevies comments = not fiction
      Brendans comments = not fiction
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1239: Aug 19, 2012 01:09:56 pm

I don't actually get what you mean lad??? Who's integrity what??

I was saying fans were correct in scrutinizing FSG "If" they sold Agger because everyone else involved were quoted in saying they wanted Agger to stay..

City bidding = not fiction
      Stevies comments = not fiction
      Brendans comments = not fiction

Three bids turned down = not fiction

And considering the 'it's the board making footballing decision' comments/inferences by some, including Agger, what do those rejections mean?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #1240: Aug 19, 2012 01:24:48 pm
      And considering the 'it's the board making footballing decision' comments/inferences by some, including Agger, what do those rejections mean?

We want more money.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1241: Aug 19, 2012 01:39:21 pm
      Three bids turned down = not fiction

I was never one who suggested so BUT its obvious the person who controls the purse strings indirectly will impact footballing decisions..
      Implementing "Sell to buy" effects footballing decisions. "Every player has his price", the same..?

FSG are not selling him so I'm not moaning, refusing a few bids has to be recognized as a good thing.. I'm not an "anti Fsg monger" ;D..

It was just, those fans who were defending absolutely everything about FSG without question were implying they'd be exempt from blame if Agger was sold.. He wasn't and I'm overly happy but it just pissed me off that some fans were trying to automatically remove them from potential blame if he had gone.. Thas all..

On this occasion I dont think it was a case of us fans being the usual media whores..;D.. It wasn't all fictional..

City were bidding, FSG were looking, Agger had/has no contract and, every player has his price?.. Thats more than enough for me to watch FSG closely. But don't put me in the "FSG are everything evil" pile tho..;D.. Those guys there are summat else completely..

Quick Reply