Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rodgers' transfer update

Read 2858 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Rodgers' transfer update
      Jul 31, 2012 05:49:21 pm
      Rodgers' transfer update

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-transfer-update

Brendan Rodgers insists there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes to enable the manager to strengthen his squad ahead of the 2012-13 season.

Liverpool have been linked with a number of players during pre-season and, while keeping his targets close to his chest, the manager is confident he will get the players he desires.

Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "There's a lot of great work going on, obviously with the board and Ian Ayre in particular doing a lot of work behind the scenes. I've got regular contact going with our American owners and, in particular, Mike Gordon from Fenway Sports Group.

"Obviously when it's a club like Liverpool prices are always increased and so on, but I always felt it was important by the beginning of the season we could have the squad we want - and certainly by the end of the transfer window I would hope that will be the case.

"There is lots of speculation. I've seen hundreds of names linked with Liverpool and there's very few of them that were even close to coming here or we have even looked at.

"Unfortunately for the supporters they've got to read it and put up with it. But the message is there is a lot of work going on, on a number of deals and hopefully we can get those completed by the end of August."
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Rodgers' transfer update
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2012 05:55:21 pm
      Messi? ;D
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2012 05:55:38 pm
       So it seems nothing to expect until the end of August.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2012 05:57:40 pm

Some people in here will have exploded by then.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2012 05:57:57 pm

I read it as between now and August were working on deals and will announce them as we complete them I'd imagine.

So no different to any other window, F***ing hell Rodgers what are you playing at ? ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2012 06:00:41 pm
      End of August?! By which time we have already played a potentially tricky game against West Brom and a tough game against City, wonderful!!

The transfer window has been open a month so far and all we have in is one player yet other teams seem to be able to get a few in, look at Chelsea! Although I hate them with a passion at least they are getting their main targets in early ready for the start of the season!!

Come on people, start getting these transfers in sooner rather than later so they at least have a bit of time to gel with the squad before the season starts!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2012 06:03:57 pm
      End of August?! By which time we have already played a potentially tricky game against West Brom and a tough game against City, wonderful!!

The transfer window has been open a month so far and all we have in is one player yet other teams seem to be able to get a few in, look at Chelsea! Although I hate them with a passion at least they are getting their main targets in early ready for the start of the season!!

Come on people, start getting these transfers in sooner rather than later so they at least have a bit of time to gel with the squad before the season starts!

Nowhere does it say we'll be waiting to the end of August. Just that we would be looking to complete all our deals by then (obviously as the window shuts) so maybe one or possible two deals will end up being finalised close to the deadline.

Think Rodgers said in an interview a while back that some deals could be done late on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2012 06:11:09 pm
      Nowhere does it say we'll be waiting to the end of August. Just that we would be looking to complete all our deals by then (obviously as the window shuts) so maybe one or possible two deals will end up being finalised close to the deadline.

Think Rodgers said in an interview a while back that some deals could be done late on.

hopefully we can get those completed by the end of August

I Don't expect to be hearing "hopefully", I expect him to be saying for sure that he will have them by the end of August and I expect and surely you would expect to have main targets in by the time the season starts?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2012 06:14:56 pm
      A nothing statement really, although I do agree with 7KK7's sentiment and believe the transfer window should shut before the first game of the season to force all deals to be done by then. There's very little logic in keeping it open for just that first month, a key player can be injured at any point in the season and you should build your squad to cover for such eventualities so I don't believe that is a strong enough reason, it just doesn't make sense to me to keep it open for that extra month.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2012 06:16:48 pm
      I Don't expect to be hearing "hopefully", I expect him to be saying for sure that he will have them by the end of August and I expect and surely you would expect to have main targets in by the time the season starts?

Yes, I'd probably expect the main targets to have joined but don't forget Mata signed for Chelsea on 24 August last year so some big deals are done late.

I think Rodgers could be referring to Dempsey. He's not keen on paying 10m now so is waiting towards the end of August to try and force Fulham into accepting a lower bid. Obviously it could backfire but that's my guess.

A new forward might depend on Carroll's departure too which could take a while to sort out.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2012 06:26:12 pm
      Common sense will once again prevail come the beginning of September, and many of you will look at your hectic, erratic, rushed, illogical posts and laugh.

At least - I hope.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2012 06:48:33 pm
      Just hope everyone supporters/owners/club will give the manager the resources, support and patience to implement his visions this season and going forward.

In seeing what he has said and done since his arrival I believe he has the mental toughness, common sense and heart to lead this club for years.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2012 06:52:52 pm
      Just hope everyone supporters/owners/club will give the manager the resources, support and patience to implement his visions this season and going forward.

Might be asking a bit much there, some couldn't support a man who has given us more as a player and a manager then any other at the club.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2012 06:55:24 pm

Might be asking a bit much there, some couldn't support a man who has given us more as a player and a manager then any other at the club.

One can always dream Daz

Quick Reply