Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

So who are we trying to loan ?

Read 8356 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      So who are we trying to loan ?
      Aug 03, 2012 11:16:40 pm
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/03/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-luis-suarez

Luis SuĆ”rez accused Team GB fans of a 'total lack of respect' after Uruguayā€™s elimination from the Olympic Games in Cardiff where jeers interrupted their national anthem. Photograph: Richard Sellers/Sportsphoto/Sportsphoto Ltd./Allstar
      Brendan Rodgers has told Luis SuƔrez it is in Liverpool's best interests to "move on" from the Patrice Evra controversy as the Uruguayan prepares for his return to the squad next week.

SuƔrez accused Team GB fans of a "total lack of respect" after Uruguay's elimination from the Olympic Games in Cardiff, where jeers interrupted their national anthem when the Liverpool striker appeared on the big screen and accompanied his every touch. His team-mate for club and country, SebastiƔn Coates, said criticism had "gone too far" for a player who received an eight-match ban for racially abusing the Manchester United defender last season.

Liverpool had attempted to draw a line under the episode, issuing several apologies after SuƔrez failed to shake Evra's hand at Old Trafford in February, only for the 25-year-old to protest his innocence and criticise his treatment in England in interviews when at home this summer. Rodgers fears the Olympic Games have shown the Evra saga remains a distraction for SuƔrez and, while fully supportive of Liverpool's key forward, someone the club are trying to secure on a new long-term contract, he is keen it does not detract from their first season together.

"The first point is that opposition fans only give people stick because they're good players," said the Liverpool manager. "You don't see bad ones getting it. Luis probably still feels a little bit of injustice about last season, but for me the message is that we have to move on. We have to move forward. What's happened has happened and let's let it go now, however hard it is. We want to be winning games and doing our best for the football club."

Uruguay's early elimination from the Olympics means SuƔrez and Coates will return to Liverpool ahead of Thursday's Europa League third qualifying round, second leg against FC Gomel. Rodgers, whose side secured a fortunate 1-0 first leg win in Belarus on Thursday, expects the striker to make a swift impact.

"It will be fantastic to have Luis coming back, and he is already fighting fit. He will have a couple of days off and join up with us after the weekend. He's been playing games, so he will already be up to a decent level of fitness, maybe even higher really, because he's had more competitive games. I'm really looking forward to working with him," he said.

Rodgers hopes to add to his squad next week after Alberto Aquilani was finally removed from the wage bill having completed a permanent move to Fiorentina. The Italian midfielder was signed for Ā£17m in 2009 as a replacement for Xabi Alonso but struggled with injury in his first season and was loaned to Juventus and Milan in his latter years with the club. Aquilani made only nine league starts for Liverpool and Rodgers is keen to sign the Swansea City midfielder Joe Allen after his involvement in the Olympics. Rodgers has confirmed he is also looking to the loan market to rejuvenate his squad.

The Liverpool manager said: "There is nothing imminent just yet, not that I am aware of, but hopefully things will progress over the next couple of days. It may take one or two moves to spark everything off. I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible, but if not we will just have to be patient. I'd be happy as long as we have some in before the end of August.

"I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad. There are some quality players in that market that I have inquired about. The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

Rodgers denied the exclusion of Andy Carroll and Daniel Agger from Liverpool's trip to Belarus was connected to doubts over their futures at Anfield. The Dane's agent, Per Steffensen, has denied claims Agger has been approached by Liverpool over a new contract.

The Liverpool manager added: "Daniel was always going to stay behind. We have a behind-closed-doors game for him this weekend to help his match fitness. It is straightforward with Andy too. I didn't want senior players coming over if they weren't going to get games. He is another who stayed at home to work on his condition."
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: So who are we trying to loan ?
      Reply #1: Aug 03, 2012 11:21:31 pm
      Sahin, Villa, Kaka, Sakho, Cuenca ???
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2012 11:27:03 pm
      Maybe Jovetic , the club should have looked for it as part of the Aqualani deal.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2012 12:14:30 am
      Maybe Jovetic , the club should have looked for it as part of the Aqualani deal.

Is he a realistic loan option? Without knowing too much I wouldn't have thought they would be keen to loan him out.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2012 12:15:58 am
      Sahin I believe would be available on loan tho I would have thought he would go to a Champions League qualifier. Would love him at Anfield.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2012 12:23:39 am
      Been a while since we have had a first team player come in on a loan. Should be interesting if it does happen.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2012 12:29:42 am
      Gonzalo HiguaĆ­n please  :P
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2012 12:31:56 am
      Sahin I believe would be available on loan tho I would have thought he would go to a Champions League qualifier. Would love him at Anfield.

Yeah but I don't know if he will be the same as he was at Dortmund. He only played in 4 games last season. Who knows if he still has that quality that oozed out of him 2 seasons ago.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2012 12:36:40 am
      Tello,Cuenca,Adebayor,Villa, ?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2012 01:03:58 am
      Come on guys, already said this one is so obvious.

*Quality!

*Recently moved and unsettled!

*Trying to kick start his career again!

*High wages

Alberto Aquilani!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2012 01:08:14 am
      The clever and only option is to loan players in if we want to attract top players to the club. Quite simply we're not going to buy them in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2012 01:25:33 am
      Theres a few quality players out there struggling to get a game for their club. Sahin from Real, Pedro from Barca, Villareal is a decent option as their best players may want to stay with them without having to play this coming season in the second tier. Obviously can't bring in Rossi through injury or Nilmar who's moved now though. Inter may want to loan Coutinho out again too. PSG have the likes of Sakho, Gameiro and Menez who may struggle for games with Thiago Silva, Lavezzi and Ibrha bought in.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2012 07:41:52 am
      Torres  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2012 09:54:59 am
      The news is out he is being sent on loan to Hartlepool.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2012 10:06:38 am
      It would make sense to try and bring in some big players on a season long loan.  If we dont have the funds available to get everyone in, loan moves could be the way forward.  Give us the edge in pushing for a good solid finish in BR first season.

And if we get in the CL or win the PL then it will of paid off and we will reap the rewards as the money starts to flow back into the club and players will want to come and play for us and join the revolution.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2012 11:32:01 am
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2012 11:43:52 am
      Been a while since we have had a first team player come in on a loan. Should be interesting if it does happen.
      .    I think Mascherano was the last player of any quality to come in on loan. 5 years ago! I think it's a great way of try before you buy. Nothing to lose really as the wages could be supplemented by the other club. I'd like to see someone like Adam Johnson or Gonzalo Higuian arrive.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: Aug 04, 2012 12:22:33 pm
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.

The fact that H&G nearly took our great club to the cleaners and left it in a right state.  I would rather FSG did not go nuts and put us into the situation H&G did.  If this means buying 4 players (approx 40 mill) and loaning one or 2 top class players, i think that is a quality move, we probably wont have to pay alot in % of there wages and then we can get 1st dibs on them if they shine.

It may look like we are being stingy in the money aspect, but we are not owned my Russan Oil Magnets or Oil rich Arabs.

Things is as well we have be stung in the transfer market a few times, what with Downing etc, so it would be good to know that if they did not perform we could send them back and it will not of cost us a small fortune.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 04, 2012 12:28:29 pm
      can not understand when people say upto five players leaving, yes there is i no, but how many games did fabio and alberto play last well even 2 years for us
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2012 12:38:04 pm
      I've no problem with loan deals myself, for me the manager has to make the best use of his resources.

If it came down to buying Darrean Bent outright or getting Higuain on loan which would you say was the smarter move ?

I don't think is a ploy by FSG, I fully believe this is an area Rodgers has looked at where he can bring in the quality he needs, whilst not impacting on his budget to the degree where he can not address other area's.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #20: Aug 04, 2012 12:39:25 pm
      If you where buying a car, would you walk into the dealer ship and just hand over the money for the car, or would you ask for a test drive.  When buying a house, you would look round if first before making a decision.

All BR is doing is looking at players who may be available on loan, but not for sale, and then take them on for a year.

NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #21: Aug 04, 2012 12:41:10 pm
      I've no problem with loan deals myself, for me the manager has to make the best use of his resources.

If it came down to buying Darrean Bent outright or getting Higuain on loan which would you say was the smarter move ?

I don't think is a ploy by FSG, I fully believe this is an area Rodgers has looked at where he can bring in the quality he needs, whilst not impacting on his budget to the degree where he can not address other area's.

Fully agree with you there mate.

There are a lot of quality players available on loan, a few from RM, and BR is good mates with JM.  So maybe they will do some business. 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 04, 2012 12:42:28 pm
       It's a good idea for me. Look at Spurs last season, they finished in the top 4 and Adebayor made a big contribution there. I'd be more than happy if we could get such a deal.

EDIT: Even better if it could be with the option of making it permanent.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #23: Aug 04, 2012 12:45:53 pm
      I would be happy with Borini, Ramirez, Allen, ??????, and then one or 2 season long loan deals.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Aug 04, 2012 12:46:50 pm
      If we bought three players with a net spend of around 40m and loaned two players, I don't think any one will be complaining, well maybe not.

Let's see where we are at, at the close of the transfer window and then jump through hoops or have a good moan at what's transpired.

Pointless getting worked up now as your frown could be turned upside down in a few weeks or vice versa.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Aug 04, 2012 12:51:11 pm

Oh F**k off! I don't usually get wind up by you but this is ridiculous. Just because they are looking in to a loan doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom. Players who are being quote are quality players that aren't going to leave their club easily. Just get over yourself.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #26: Aug 04, 2012 01:35:32 pm
      I posted in the general transfer thread, we've got to at least try for Sahin. I know Arsenal are in for a loan with a view to a permanent purchase, but we've at least got to throw our hat in the ring. Even if he turns us down because we don't have Champions League, at least we showed intent. He was excellent at Dortmund.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Aug 04, 2012 01:40:26 pm

I dont think its fair to compare FSG to H&G they're not THAT bad...but the rest of your post is spot on mate.
      +1

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #28: Aug 04, 2012 01:45:49 pm

Anelka?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,935 posts | 284 
      Reply #29: Aug 04, 2012 01:54:37 pm
      Affelay on loan.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #30: Aug 04, 2012 02:37:15 pm
      Aquilani, Kuyt and Maxi? :P
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Aug 04, 2012 02:45:33 pm
      I don't mind loaning players if it's just a case of "try before you buy", or perhaps were we don't want to buy a player for a position as next year a young player is expected to come through the ranks (Stirling/Suso/Adam) and we don't want to stifle their progress by bringing in someone on a 4 year deal.

Not sure if we should be loaning players expecting them to make the difference to the team though, if they are good enough to make a difference we should be looking to sign them not loan them. Too many experienced loan players tend to have a half hearted attitude, they would rather be playing with their own club, see being loaned out as a bit of an insult and don't give 100% every game.

As always it depends who we go for, why they are available, and why do we want to loan them. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Aug 04, 2012 03:00:46 pm
      Spurs loaning Adebayour went quite well and they are not backwards in coming forwards spending money this season. Brendan did well in the loan market last season himself with the capture of Sigurdsson too.

It is not ideal that FSG won't provide funds to buy players, far from it in fact it is somewhat of piss take, but if that is all Brendan has available to him then he has to go for it. Rather do that than what Rafa did and start limiting himself to buying from clubs we owed money to.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #33: Aug 04, 2012 03:23:12 pm

Jesus you are sh*t craic! We're looking forward to new signings stop wrecking the buzz! :)

Doubt Higuain's an option he's been quoted on how much he wants to succeed at Real and build on last season etc

If we could get the likes of Afellay, Cuenca or Tello in for a season at least we'd have some strength in depth!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Aug 04, 2012 03:48:39 pm
      Ya saint people talking about higuain are living in fairy land.

Completely agree loan to buy is completely understandable like Mascherano or anelka but with out them options it is F***ing ridiculous a club of our size having to go down that route.

People might nt like sound of it didn't see it under Moores or hicks and gillette but suddenly people think its acceptable under Fsg.

So Fsg bring in there own man slash the wage budget provide F**k all of a transfer budget and make our new manager have to resort to loan deals and im meant to believe their doing a good job. If this was a transfer window under hicks and gillette there would be open revolt.

Am i actually missing something here Fsg have tried dumb down expectations im not buying into it i still want the best for the club loan F***ing deals come F***ing on.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #35: Aug 04, 2012 03:54:41 pm
      Ya saint people talking about higuain are living in fairy land.

Completely agree loan to buy is completely understandable like Mascherano or anelka but with out them options it is f**king ridiculous a club of our size having to go down that route.

People might nt like sound of it didn't see it under Moores or hicks and gillette but suddenly people think its acceptable under Fsg.

So Fsg bring in there own man slash the wage budget provide f**k all of a transfer budget and make our new manager have to resort to loan deals and im meant to believe their doing a good job. If this was a transfer window under hicks and gillette there would be open revolt.

Am i actually missing something here Fsg have tried dumb down expectations im not buying into it i still want the best for the club loan f**king deals come f**king on.

Well lets go out and break the bank, get ourselves into more debt and then have to sell sell sell.

All because FSG are trying to be careful and not go out and bankrupt us.  Shame on those Yanks for not putting LFC at risk.  Come on everyone Yanks out!!

Why dont you come back and have a moan once the window is closed instead of trying to predict what we are going to do, unless you can see into the future.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #36: Aug 04, 2012 03:55:58 pm
      As ever I'll hang on till end window to pass judgement but my unease re direction / intentions (spiked through Suarez and Kenny's sacking) aren't going away yet.

Hoping I'm about to be "wowed" - my support won't waver but my comfort could certainly grow!
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #37: Aug 04, 2012 03:58:28 pm
      If we dont get behind the team from the start we are going to have another sh*t season at home.  Alll that tensioning and moaning. 

Lets just get behind the team, trust the manager, trust the board and just enjoy the fact that we are Liverpool Football Club, and we have not bought our history (although some would like us too).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Aug 04, 2012 03:58:52 pm
      Corbs I wasn't implying we'd get Higuain, I was just using it as an example, there is a massive difference mate.

How do we know the loans won't be to buy options ?

How do we know that FSG won't provide a decent budget and that the wage bill will once again rise because of that.

Sorry mate I'll wait until the end of the transfer window before I grab my torch and pitchfork or buy into any doomsday prophecies as anything can happen in the next few weeks.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #39: Aug 04, 2012 04:01:27 pm
      Last time we went quickly into the transfer window we ended up paying way over the odds, we dont want that to happen again.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Aug 04, 2012 04:06:58 pm
      It's got to be a Real Madrid player. The pieces fit together perfectly. The managers worked together, and there are quality players there who don't get enough match time and are on high wages.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Aug 04, 2012 04:42:30 pm
      Stevie-G08
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 04, 2012 05:39:11 pm
      Afellay and Callejon!!
      corkred83
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 04, 2012 05:53:33 pm
      read were after Afellay,Tello,Callejon with Afellay being the closest to being done
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #44: Aug 04, 2012 05:55:58 pm
      Last time we went quickly into the transfer window we ended up paying way over the odds, we dont want that to happen again.

We did and some of the very same people who were complaining then are complaining this summer.

Complain when we pay over the odds to get players the manager wants, now complaining that we appear to be trying to get best value for the player the manager wants.

The main problem with this type of fan is that we are not being linked to or buying players they want whereas I'd much rather the boss gets the players he wants.

Also I'm sure the window doesn't close tomorrow so still plenty of time left and as Daz says I'd rather wait and see how we end up in September before having a hissy fit.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2012 06:38:49 pm by srslfc »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Aug 04, 2012 06:08:07 pm
      and as Daz says I'd rather wait and see how we end up in September before having a hissy fit.

So you've just put your hissy fit on hold Si? Interesting.  ;D

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #46: Aug 04, 2012 06:21:44 pm
      I know a lot of people dont believe this lad Macca But fives ago he said he would be getting someone on loan from Madrid...Has to be Kaka or Sahin.

People saying Affelay I think he would be sold rather  then loaned?? I have a sneaky feeling Its kaka Dont think he is half the player he was back a few years ago but would like to see him in the midfield with Stevie and Lucas!!

29 Jul 2012 13:06:00

There is a good chance we will have a major star signing on loan..

Watch this space...

Cheers

Macca
      {Ed033's Note - confirmed as the real Macca

http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/maccaliverpoolrumours.php
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #47: Aug 04, 2012 06:22:01 pm
      So you've just put your hissy fit on hold Si? Interesting.  ;D

Beats having one every five minutes. ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #48: Aug 04, 2012 06:35:14 pm

Sorry mate I'll wait until the end of the transfer window before I grab my torch and pitchfork or buy into any doomsday prophecies as anything can happen in the next few weeks.

This is turning into a bit of an annual tradition. :f_tongueincheek:

As far as the loans are concerned, why not? Like everything it has it's pro's and cons. I'm not buying into this nonsense that we're too big to be getting players on loan and we should spend, spend, spend. AC Milan have shown that a top club can successfully use the loan system to their advantage, and they don't have a pot to piss in!

The people that say we shouldn't be loaning players, well I know I wouldn't mind if we'd taken the likes of Aquilani on loan before we paid a huge fee for him.

Right now we are no threat to Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc. we're not in the Champions League. And lets be 100%, do Man City look at us as a threat for the title this season? No, so why not wheel and deal and give ourselves a chance to get these players that we might not be ready to buy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Aug 04, 2012 06:40:50 pm
      I don't have a problem with loaning players if we haven't got the transfer funds available to secure them full time. As long as there is obvious investment into the squad + these loans and at the moment it's not looking that way.

Assuming that we invest in the squad and loan a world class player in, it's not beyond imagination that the player could help us make CL places and then secure his services next summer or at least be in a position to attract the top tier players again. All the criticism is simply directed at the lack of funds rather than the concept in my opinion and I share that but hope those concerns will be sated otherwise there might be a few torches being lit for FSG and they're not the supportive type.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #50: Aug 04, 2012 06:45:55 pm
      For me if there is a possiblity of getting a class player on loan, i would surely go for it. At the moment we are not in a position to attract world class talent permanently. So like spurs did with adeb, i would like to loan a class player rather than buying over priced sh*t players like downing, hendo etc.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Aug 04, 2012 06:48:18 pm
      Loan with no option to buy does not happen at big clubs simple as that.

If we had a pot to piss in we wouldn't even be considering.

I see people saying tello id buy the lad but not take him on loan absolutely point less he is miles away from fulfilling any potential he may have.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2012 06:58:25 pm
      Aquilani wasn't on loan to buy at Juve and AC Milan then Corbs or are they not big clubs? Of course it happens and our situation is hardly the same as other big clubs, because other big clubs are still in the Champions League.

I have my doubts about FSG too but stating things as facts when they're clearly not is simply trying to unbalance an argument in favour of your beliefs. They said we'd be sustainable and if we don't have CL money coming in and accept that we probably wont next season then trimming the wage bill is understandable to create bigger transfer funds. As long as that trimming involves the right players of which Aquilani was and many believe Carroll to be another who doesn't represent value. If they did the same with our established stars then I'd join you in the lynch mob but before any of this has any concrete evidence rather than idle speculation then you're simply trying to raise a lynch mob on the basis that it's your belief and that's not fair in the slightest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2012 07:04:38 pm
      No it doesn't Milan and juventus had an option to buy Aquilani.

All we know so far is we have cut millions off the wage bill.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2012 07:07:05 pm

That's what I was saying you were getting wrong Corbs and mis-stating facts. No personal attack mate in the slightest, respect you and know you're red through and through but just have issue with saying things are facts when they're not and like I said I have my doubts about FSG too but I'm not prepared to lynch them without proper evidence.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2012 07:09:27 pm

If we had a pot to piss in we wouldn't even be considering.

I see people saying tello id buy the lad but not take him on loan absolutely point less he is miles away from fulfilling any potential he may have.
      Aquilani wasn't on loan to buy at Juve and AC Milan then Corbs or are they not big clubs? Of course it happens and our situation is hardly the same as other big clubs, because other big clubs are still in the Champions League.

Agree with corballyred about tello, he is no no where near to play in first team. Would make sense if it was a loan plus buy coz he is still unproven. But i would love to loan class players who are not getting games , like kaka, sahin,affelay,pedro etc. A season long loan for kaka will be wonder full.

Aqua was on loan to buy, but they didn't activated the clause.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #56: Aug 04, 2012 07:55:13 pm
      Adam Johnson is possible on loan
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #57: Aug 04, 2012 08:13:14 pm
      If getting loan players in of quality is a option then all well and good,fine by me , but we as fans have to realise we are not a massive draw at the moment.
      We trail behind the Manc clubs,chavs,spuds,arsenal even bloody Newcastle .this club needs a massive shake from top to bottom and I hope the gaffer and fsg are the people to do it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Aug 04, 2012 08:49:35 pm
      We are a massive draw have no doubt about the problem is we have no money
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Aug 04, 2012 09:00:54 pm
      I doubt that is the case Corbs, were solvent, we've got last seasons premier league money, Standard Chartered money and we've just recently signed a massive shirt deal that were now wearing, If were skint, I'll wax my arsehole and draw a pair of lips on with lipstick and post a pic on here.

On topic.

I'd take any player, loanee, freebie or purchase aslong as they improve us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Aug 04, 2012 09:08:06 pm
      Maybe your right mate but at this stage looks like Rodgers has very little to spend.

If that is the case its extremely disappointing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Aug 04, 2012 09:14:58 pm
      Well given Rodgers has himself has said were working on numerous deals behind the scenes and I don't think he was talking exclusively loan deals either mate, then that suggests otherwise.

I think the whole slashing of the wage bill has been blown out of all proportions at the moment.

Maybe its just a case of freeing up wages to allow us to bring our new signings in (and that is as plausible as any other suggestions thrown up), no doubt we'll know by the end of the window.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Aug 04, 2012 09:35:11 pm
      Dunno mate got concerned when i heard Rodgers say we didn't have a wheel barrow of money. There was no need to say it and sounded to me like just dumbing down expectations.

Im hoping your right mate and not me
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Aug 04, 2012 09:43:16 pm
      Well so do I mate, for the good of the club, I have a feeling though whilst I may not be %100 correct, I will be closer to the truth than some of the stuff that is being put forward.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Aug 04, 2012 09:43:33 pm
      Dunno mate got concerned when i heard Rodgers say we didn't have a wheel barrow of money. There was no need to say it and sounded to me like just dumbing down expectations.

To be fair mate would be wrong for him to come out and say we are 'Brewstered'.

Just putting extra pound notes on potential targets.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #65: Aug 05, 2012 10:42:00 am
      Sahin or Kaka. or even Diarra would be just an awesome deal!
      but being realistic Sahin, it would be a better deal than signing Allen, since Sahin has more experience and his talent cannot be denied.
      There aren't many players aged 23 who can say they have won a Championship and he has been instrumental for Dortmund that season. He has played at Madrid, not much though but still has played alongside winners.
      As for Kaka, it would be realstic if Milan AC is not trying to sign him or if we're the only truly interested club
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Aug 05, 2012 07:58:31 pm
      Funny how when things seem tough, some people pop up on here more often than when times are good.

If we loan in someone who has an impact like Adebayor for Spurs, Carlos Tevez or Henrik Larsson for the Mancs, etc. I won't complain one bit.

Some say top clubs don't loan players, but Serie A teams swap their best players around between rivals, and more locally you have Arsenal and Spurs do it last year, even Man City, all of which finished higher than us delve into the loan market.

Why is it then Corbally that when we do it, it's because FSG are tight arse Yanks and our club has no money but three very wealthy, top class clubs do it then it's ok?

You don't have F**k all idea about who we could loan in and if their stature beats that of Adebayor, Benayoun or Pizzaro as the previously mentioned clubs signed but yet here you are again being a knobhead spreading your incessant trash because you're a petulant tw*t when Liverpool isnt spending money like other clubs because you read it in the papers.

PS: You still going to fork up the $50 to the forum when Yann M'Vila doesn't sign for Arsenal? Or you going to F**k off again when someone calls you out when you try and beat the club down compared to our rivals?
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 05, 2012 10:31:20 pm
      Rob Jansen, the agent of Barcelona's skilful Dutch attacker Ibrahim Afellayā€”"There is a possibility that he could go out on loan for a year"
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 06, 2012 09:44:06 am
      over the last few years loan players have got their respective teams in champs league, if loan players do that for us is that a bad thing.Even if that player then leaves so what we have more money plus can attract a bettr standard of player, seems a win win situation to me for player and club
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #69: Aug 06, 2012 10:46:15 am
      Ill be honest I'm not too comfortable with the idea, I have stated on many occasions that I feel it's a form of cheating, I said so last season regarding Adebayor, that top level players shouldn't be being loaned to other top level clubs.. Spurs can't afford his wages, hence why a permanent deal is dragging its feet, now if they can't afford his wages then they shouldn't get the benefit of him playing, he should take a cut or not go there..

The loan system in my mind should be as a tool to give younger talented players a place and system to develop..

So saying that I can't really want us to do it just because it benefits us... I've never liked it..

It's a principle issue for me nothing else and a view on the game. There are times and situations it can happen but as an example the Adebayor deal I found frankly discraceful.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #70: Aug 06, 2012 11:26:59 am
      Afellay open to offers
      Ibrahim Afellay's agent has confirmed that the Barcelona midfielder would consider a loan move away from the Nou Camp.

The 26-year-old has struggled to make an impact at the Spanish club since his switch from PSV Eindhoven in January 2011 because of injuries.

The winger missed most of last season with a serious cruciate ligament injury but has since returned to full fitness and joined up with the Dutch squad for their disappointing Euro 2012 campaign.

And, despite featuring in a number of pre-season friendly matches under new boss Tito Vilanova, Afellay could again find himself marginalised now the club's Spanish Euro 2012 players have returned from their holidays.

"Afellay could go out on loan for a year," his representative Rob Jansen told Italian reporters over the weekend. "Yes, that is a possibility."

The comments are likely to spark a frantic race across Europe for his signature with Serie A clubs Inter Milan, Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina, as well as Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund and French club Lille all reportedly interested in the talented winger.

Premier League duo Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Afellay in the past.
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7967988/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Aug 06, 2012 11:31:18 am
      Would not say no to Affellay on loan
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #72: Aug 06, 2012 11:33:25 am
      Would not say no to Affellay on loan

Would you prefer him permanently Bri out of interest?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3724 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #73: Aug 06, 2012 11:42:49 am
      As BR said the loan will be from foreign clubs. I think that afellay or sahin are available.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      Reply #74: Aug 06, 2012 11:43:05 am
      Would you prefer him permanently Bri out of interest?

Best deal would be a loan with an option to buy. That way we could judge if he's going to perform in the premier league on a regular basis
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #75: Aug 06, 2012 11:45:39 am
      Best deal would be a loan with an option to buy. That way we could judge if he's going to perform in the premier league on a regular basis

Fair enough mate, I personally don't like it as a concept... But have no issue with anyone who does lad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2858 
      Reply #76: Aug 06, 2012 11:52:39 am
      Fair enough mate, I personally don't like it as a concept... But have no issue with anyone who does lad.

In general it wouldnt be how Id do buisness but there are some players out there who for whatevr the reason arent playing regular with there clubs but have undoubted talent. So in that circumstance rather then fork out money and them to fail Id go for the loan option.

Affelay and Quaresmra would fall in to that bracket for me. Also we must consider, how much do we really have to spend?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #77: Aug 06, 2012 12:02:51 pm
      Quaresmra

Big massive no from me - he has failed to live up to any hype since day one
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #78: Aug 06, 2012 12:05:44 pm
      The one reason or another tends to be the top sides just buying for either stock piling talent, taking punts on young talent who in the grand sceme of things won't get in their sides or buying to stop their rivals getting them..

I personally feel the loan market is being abused nowadays, that it should be for young kids at top sides who have come through their ranks to go out to sides lower down the pyramid to gain experience in a first team to develop.. Not how it's being used now..

Take City for example, buy all these players on silly wages then sign more players with the first lot still there never getting a game.. In my opinion they shouldn't be able to loan them out, they shouldn't be able to have all these players on their books and take loaning as an easy way out.. It's another aspect of killing the game.. If they were only buying players who they realistically wanted then it would stop the likes of Barca buying an Affelay when they didn't really need him. I know he had an injury but in realistic terms I don't think many saw him being a regular there long term? So why buy him? Why be allowed to buy him? The 25 man squad thing should be enforced better.

City should have their hands tied in the market until all these players they don't "need" anymore are moved on permanently or released.. And if that cost them a fortune and affects them regarding FFP then so be it ( if that's ever enforced) it would make them think twice about who they bring in.

I have high standards for us and don't feel that because everyone else does then we should ..

I like to get an emotional attachment for players and believe that they are here for the want to be here and sign a contract to prove that.. Not be here for a year because they can't get a game where they would rather be..
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #79: Aug 06, 2012 01:51:20 pm
      Afellay or Callejon are my guess.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #80: Aug 06, 2012 02:48:25 pm
      Afellay and kaka i reckon
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 895 
      Reply #81: Aug 06, 2012 03:04:55 pm
      Quaresmra

Big massive no from me - he has failed to live up to any hype since day one

Quersama on loan doesnt sound too bad to me, its not like we are talking of signing him.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #82: Aug 06, 2012 03:46:55 pm
      think man city will be loaning a few players out would take aj never gets a game and adabyor dont think he wants to goto spuds,maybe even include in dagger deal if he goes 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #83: Aug 06, 2012 03:47:33 pm
      Beckham and Henry.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #84: Aug 06, 2012 03:56:50 pm

John W would be a free wouldn't he? He isn't attached to a club at the minute so wouldn't be classed as a "loan"

Where does he play anyway?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #85: Aug 06, 2012 04:46:24 pm
      Jesus christ is Quaresma so hard to spell?? :P
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #86: Aug 06, 2012 04:47:49 pm
      Jesus christ is Quaresma so hard to spell?? :P

Some get there and their round their necks so I'll go with yes..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Aug 06, 2012 04:54:13 pm
      Quaresma has being sh*te for about five years
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #88: Aug 06, 2012 04:57:27 pm
      Quaresma has being sh*te for about five years

Most of his career then
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #89: Aug 06, 2012 05:16:50 pm
      Quaresma is far too egotistical and selfish to fit into a Rodgers system. Sure he's very quick, he's an exceptional dribbler, and actually a quality crosser (even though he rarely does it), but his decision making is terrible and he's a massive showing as well. There are many better options out there than Quaresma.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #90: Aug 06, 2012 09:45:15 pm
      The only ones I can think of for sure would be Sahin and Affelay, both would be good additions to the squad but we are looking for stability and building a squad for the long term so unless they will have an agreed fee we could find ourselves back at square 1 this time next year.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #91: Aug 06, 2012 11:43:16 pm
      Nuri Shain I think/hope.

Hopefully not Graham or Britton  >:(

JFT96
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #92: Aug 06, 2012 11:51:55 pm
      Looks like Sahin could be one of the targets indeed:

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/06/en/football/real_madrid/1344279374.html

Would love him here.  He would class up our midfield instantly.

Quick Reply