Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

So who are we trying to loan ?

Read 8447 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: So who are we trying to loan ?
      Reply #46: Aug 04, 2012 06:21:44 pm
      I know a lot of people dont believe this lad Macca But fives ago he said he would be getting someone on loan from Madrid...Has to be Kaka or Sahin.

People saying Affelay I think he would be sold rather  then loaned?? I have a sneaky feeling Its kaka Dont think he is half the player he was back a few years ago but would like to see him in the midfield with Stevie and Lucas!!

29 Jul 2012 13:06:00

There is a good chance we will have a major star signing on loan..

Watch this space...

Cheers

Macca
      {Ed033's Note - confirmed as the real Macca

http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/maccaliverpoolrumours.php
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #47: Aug 04, 2012 06:22:01 pm
      So you've just put your hissy fit on hold Si? Interesting.  ;D

Beats having one every five minutes. ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #48: Aug 04, 2012 06:35:14 pm

Sorry mate I'll wait until the end of the transfer window before I grab my torch and pitchfork or buy into any doomsday prophecies as anything can happen in the next few weeks.

This is turning into a bit of an annual tradition. :f_tongueincheek:

As far as the loans are concerned, why not? Like everything it has it's pro's and cons. I'm not buying into this nonsense that we're too big to be getting players on loan and we should spend, spend, spend. AC Milan have shown that a top club can successfully use the loan system to their advantage, and they don't have a pot to piss in!

The people that say we shouldn't be loaning players, well I know I wouldn't mind if we'd taken the likes of Aquilani on loan before we paid a huge fee for him.

Right now we are no threat to Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc. we're not in the Champions League. And lets be 100%, do Man City look at us as a threat for the title this season? No, so why not wheel and deal and give ourselves a chance to get these players that we might not be ready to buy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Aug 04, 2012 06:40:50 pm
      I don't have a problem with loaning players if we haven't got the transfer funds available to secure them full time. As long as there is obvious investment into the squad + these loans and at the moment it's not looking that way.

Assuming that we invest in the squad and loan a world class player in, it's not beyond imagination that the player could help us make CL places and then secure his services next summer or at least be in a position to attract the top tier players again. All the criticism is simply directed at the lack of funds rather than the concept in my opinion and I share that but hope those concerns will be sated otherwise there might be a few torches being lit for FSG and they're not the supportive type.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #50: Aug 04, 2012 06:45:55 pm
      For me if there is a possiblity of getting a class player on loan, i would surely go for it. At the moment we are not in a position to attract world class talent permanently. So like spurs did with adeb, i would like to loan a class player rather than buying over priced sh*t players like downing, hendo etc.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Aug 04, 2012 06:48:18 pm
      Loan with no option to buy does not happen at big clubs simple as that.

If we had a pot to piss in we wouldn't even be considering.

I see people saying tello id buy the lad but not take him on loan absolutely point less he is miles away from fulfilling any potential he may have.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2012 06:58:25 pm
      Aquilani wasn't on loan to buy at Juve and AC Milan then Corbs or are they not big clubs? Of course it happens and our situation is hardly the same as other big clubs, because other big clubs are still in the Champions League.

I have my doubts about FSG too but stating things as facts when they're clearly not is simply trying to unbalance an argument in favour of your beliefs. They said we'd be sustainable and if we don't have CL money coming in and accept that we probably wont next season then trimming the wage bill is understandable to create bigger transfer funds. As long as that trimming involves the right players of which Aquilani was and many believe Carroll to be another who doesn't represent value. If they did the same with our established stars then I'd join you in the lynch mob but before any of this has any concrete evidence rather than idle speculation then you're simply trying to raise a lynch mob on the basis that it's your belief and that's not fair in the slightest.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2012 07:04:38 pm
      No it doesn't Milan and juventus had an option to buy Aquilani.

All we know so far is we have cut millions off the wage bill.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2012 07:07:05 pm

That's what I was saying you were getting wrong Corbs and mis-stating facts. No personal attack mate in the slightest, respect you and know you're red through and through but just have issue with saying things are facts when they're not and like I said I have my doubts about FSG too but I'm not prepared to lynch them without proper evidence.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2012 07:09:27 pm

If we had a pot to piss in we wouldn't even be considering.

I see people saying tello id buy the lad but not take him on loan absolutely point less he is miles away from fulfilling any potential he may have.
      Aquilani wasn't on loan to buy at Juve and AC Milan then Corbs or are they not big clubs? Of course it happens and our situation is hardly the same as other big clubs, because other big clubs are still in the Champions League.

Agree with corballyred about tello, he is no no where near to play in first team. Would make sense if it was a loan plus buy coz he is still unproven. But i would love to loan class players who are not getting games , like kaka, sahin,affelay,pedro etc. A season long loan for kaka will be wonder full.

Aqua was on loan to buy, but they didn't activated the clause.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #56: Aug 04, 2012 07:55:13 pm
      Adam Johnson is possible on loan
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #57: Aug 04, 2012 08:13:14 pm
      If getting loan players in of quality is a option then all well and good,fine by me , but we as fans have to realise we are not a massive draw at the moment.
      We trail behind the Manc clubs,chavs,spuds,arsenal even bloody Newcastle .this club needs a massive shake from top to bottom and I hope the gaffer and fsg are the people to do it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Aug 04, 2012 08:49:35 pm
      We are a massive draw have no doubt about the problem is we have no money
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Aug 04, 2012 09:00:54 pm
      I doubt that is the case Corbs, were solvent, we've got last seasons premier league money, Standard Chartered money and we've just recently signed a massive shirt deal that were now wearing, If were skint, I'll wax my arsehole and draw a pair of lips on with lipstick and post a pic on here.

On topic.

I'd take any player, loanee, freebie or purchase aslong as they improve us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Aug 04, 2012 09:08:06 pm
      Maybe your right mate but at this stage looks like Rodgers has very little to spend.

If that is the case its extremely disappointing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #61: Aug 04, 2012 09:14:58 pm
      Well given Rodgers has himself has said were working on numerous deals behind the scenes and I don't think he was talking exclusively loan deals either mate, then that suggests otherwise.

I think the whole slashing of the wage bill has been blown out of all proportions at the moment.

Maybe its just a case of freeing up wages to allow us to bring our new signings in (and that is as plausible as any other suggestions thrown up), no doubt we'll know by the end of the window.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Aug 04, 2012 09:35:11 pm
      Dunno mate got concerned when i heard Rodgers say we didn't have a wheel barrow of money. There was no need to say it and sounded to me like just dumbing down expectations.

Im hoping your right mate and not me
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Aug 04, 2012 09:43:16 pm
      Well so do I mate, for the good of the club, I have a feeling though whilst I may not be %100 correct, I will be closer to the truth than some of the stuff that is being put forward.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Aug 04, 2012 09:43:33 pm
      Dunno mate got concerned when i heard Rodgers say we didn't have a wheel barrow of money. There was no need to say it and sounded to me like just dumbing down expectations.

To be fair mate would be wrong for him to come out and say we are 'Brewstered'.

Just putting extra pound notes on potential targets.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #65: Aug 05, 2012 10:42:00 am
      Sahin or Kaka. or even Diarra would be just an awesome deal!
      but being realistic Sahin, it would be a better deal than signing Allen, since Sahin has more experience and his talent cannot be denied.
      There aren't many players aged 23 who can say they have won a Championship and he has been instrumental for Dortmund that season. He has played at Madrid, not much though but still has played alongside winners.
      As for Kaka, it would be realstic if Milan AC is not trying to sign him or if we're the only truly interested club
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Aug 05, 2012 07:58:31 pm
      Funny how when things seem tough, some people pop up on here more often than when times are good.

If we loan in someone who has an impact like Adebayor for Spurs, Carlos Tevez or Henrik Larsson for the Mancs, etc. I won't complain one bit.

Some say top clubs don't loan players, but Serie A teams swap their best players around between rivals, and more locally you have Arsenal and Spurs do it last year, even Man City, all of which finished higher than us delve into the loan market.

Why is it then Corbally that when we do it, it's because FSG are tight arse Yanks and our club has no money but three very wealthy, top class clubs do it then it's ok?

You don't have F**k all idea about who we could loan in and if their stature beats that of Adebayor, Benayoun or Pizzaro as the previously mentioned clubs signed but yet here you are again being a knobhead spreading your incessant trash because you're a petulant tw*t when Liverpool isnt spending money like other clubs because you read it in the papers.

PS: You still going to fork up the $50 to the forum when Yann M'Vila doesn't sign for Arsenal? Or you going to F**k off again when someone calls you out when you try and beat the club down compared to our rivals?
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 05, 2012 10:31:20 pm
      Rob Jansen, the agent of Barcelona's skilful Dutch attacker Ibrahim Afellay—"There is a possibility that he could go out on loan for a year"
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #68: Aug 06, 2012 09:44:06 am
      over the last few years loan players have got their respective teams in champs league, if loan players do that for us is that a bad thing.Even if that player then leaves so what we have more money plus can attract a bettr standard of player, seems a win win situation to me for player and club

Quick Reply