Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wages

Read 15295 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Wages
      Reply #92: Aug 06, 2012 12:24:42 pm
      And moaning about a squad that may not be here in 3 weeks time?

Sorry cant predict the future - can only deal with the squad i see now.

We cant deal in may or may nots.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #93: Aug 06, 2012 12:26:10 pm

But you are, your dealing revelling in the fact that we may not sign anyone and that we may be slashing the wage bill.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #94: Aug 06, 2012 12:26:40 pm
      Red Rob 60 I won't quote your post as it is a bit long mate. Last season we supposedly reduced our wage bill by £500k per week (£25million a year) this year we are supposedly aiming to reduce the wage bill by a further £500k per week (£25million a year).

Whether this is an actual aim of FSG at this point no one really knows, all we know is that at the moment we are heading that way.

Aquilani -  £80k or £125k if you believe it.
      Bellamy - £70k
      Aurilio  - £40k
      Kuyt   -  £80k
      Maxi  -  £80k

GUESSED FIGURES = £350K per week, slip in Cole and Doni or Jones and they have hit their target.

Short post.  ;)

I don't really see any players on that list as being part of the future of LFC.

I like Aquilani a lot but I think I have to accept that at this stage he wants to go back to Italy and that's probably a good thing for us and him.

I think there are more who will be going and not just big Andy and I don't think they're leaving because of the money but because they either can't cut it under what Brendan has in mind or they want to leave.

I doubt we'll really start to see Brendan's squad emerge more fully until next summer and partly that will be after he has had time to assess the entire squad in competition.

Rome was not built in a day.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #95: Aug 06, 2012 12:27:24 pm
      Yes we could, but I doubt that will happen.

Do you honestly think Rodgers would have come here if he didn't believe he'd be backed in implementing his vision.

Rodgers said we've made several enquiries for players, that gives the impression were in for more than one.

He also mentioned exploring the loan market for players so that again implies more than one signing.

Lots of implies

He said we would be signing possibly two by the time the US tour started - we signed one.

We could make enquiries for Messi - meaningless until we sign someone.

If we get loan signings then that is pointing to a lack of funds to sign players.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #96: Aug 06, 2012 12:28:20 pm
      When FSG arrived they made it clear that they didn't have money to simply throw at the team until the manager gets it right more by chance than intent as has been the case with City and Mancini.

That's not where I want Liverpool to be.

Again I thought we all agreed that what Liverpool needs is time mainly because Brendan needs time to the foundations for success in place. That means that if certain players are not available or are excessively over priced we wait until an alternative becomes available.

It means we exercise restraint and control in the transfer market just as we do on the pitch.

I don't expect us to shake the world in the transfer market this summer. We tried that in 2011/12 and got our fingers burned despite the fact that the task for Brendan is much larger and more complex than that which faced Kenny/Comolli and partly because of the legacy they left behind.

We must in future be much more circumspect about that and expecting that process to be complete not just by the end of the transfer window but as of today seems to me to lack the necessary patience and strength of purpose that we must possess to build for the future.

The problem with time is as we all know it costs a lot of money. Brendan has said it might be 4 years before we are back in the CL. That is £100million lost. Not counting the loss of commercial money.

So while patience is a virtue, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Spend now, get back in the CL and then if we need to take money back out at least they will be doing it from a position of strength....... not weakness.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #97: Aug 06, 2012 12:28:40 pm

But you are, your dealing revelling in the fact that we may not sign anyone and that we may be slashing the wage bill.

We havent signed anyone but Borini and we have sold plenty of players and reduced the wage bill.

Thats not mays on maybe not thats happened.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #98: Aug 06, 2012 12:31:31 pm
      Thats not mays on maybe not thats happened.

yes it has but you are implying we won't sign anyone, and that LFC is going to crumble like a house of cards.

Getting players off the wage bill to bring new players in is not a freak occurrence, its the F***ing norm.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Aug 06, 2012 12:34:14 pm
      Lets play Devils advocate here for a moment.

What do we know about the players who have left.

Aurelio always injury prone.

Maxi wanted to return to Newells old boys.

Kuyt wanted to try pastures new.

Aquilani, apparently wanted to stay in Italy.

Bellamy apparently wants to be with his family in Cardiff.

Does that represent slashing the wage bill, 3 of the 4 players as it stands wanted/wants away.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #100: Aug 06, 2012 12:34:54 pm

yes it has but you are implying we won't sign anyone, and that LFC is going to crumble like a house of cards.

Getting players off the wage bill to bring new players in is not a freak occurrence, its the F***ing norm.

Once again its that word implying - where did i ever state anything about LFC crumbling ?

Yes it is a norm - we have been getting players off the wage bill all summer with another possibility to leave soon , maybe even two if the Agger rumours are to be true.

So thats one half sorted.

2 weeks the season starts and 3 until the window shuts - thats not that long at all.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #101: Aug 06, 2012 12:35:29 pm
      Short post.  ;)

I don't really see any players on that list as being part of the future of LFC.

I like Aquilani a lot but I think I have to accept that at this stage he wants to go back to Italy and that's probably a good thing for us and him.

I think there are more who will be going and not just big Andy and I don't think they're leaving because of the money but because they either can't cut it under what Brendan has in mind or they want to leave.

I doubt we'll really start to see Brendan's squad emerge more fully until next summer and partly that will be after he has had time to assess the entire squad in competition.

Rome was not built in a day.

It burned down in a day though mate :)

We are on the cusp at the moment, not that far from being a CL team, but not that far from being considered a top 10 team rather than a top 4. The other top teams won't stop just because we need a breather, they will just get further and further away from us. If we don't try to catch up soon the likelyhood is that we won't. CL money, better commercial deals and big stadiums will soon see them out of reach. Attracting players we can't, and buying our players as they become unsettled by our lack of ambition. 

Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #102: Aug 06, 2012 12:36:14 pm
      Not as long as the one you posted in the owners thread yesterday you boring b***ard  ;)

For those who don't have the patience for the restructuring process I bring an alternative.

Boredom and eventually sleep... by the time you wake up we'll have a shiny new team playing the game way it should be played and winning everything in sight the way it used to be.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #103: Aug 06, 2012 12:36:30 pm
      where did i ever state anything about LFC crumbling ?

You didn't but your negativity and woe be us posting style, implies that much.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #104: Aug 06, 2012 12:38:30 pm
      Lets play Devils advocate here for a moment.

What do we know about the players who have left.

Aurelio always injury prone.

Maxi wanted to return to Newells old boys.

Kuyt wanted to try pastures new.

Aquilani, apparently wanted to stay in Italy.

Bellamy apparently wants to be with his family in Cardiff.

Does that represent slashing the wage bill, 3 of the 4 players as it stands wanted/wants away.

Depends if you replace them with squad fillers or quality mate. Simple as that.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #105: Aug 06, 2012 12:38:30 pm
      You didn't but your negativity and woe be us posting style, implies that much.

You love to say imply dont you.

We finished 8th - we have reduced the quality of that squad so at the moment im not seeing much to be positive about.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #106: Aug 06, 2012 12:40:35 pm
      at the moment im not seeing much to be positive about.

Just bask is the knowledge you're blessed to be a red..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #107: Aug 06, 2012 12:41:04 pm
      You love to say imply dont you.

We finished 8th - we have reduced the quality of that squad so at the moment im not seeing much to be positive about.

Well I'm positive about the fact we've got a new manager that wants to play attractive possession football and that we've freed up the wages to bring in players to help him do that and until the transfer window shuts and we haven't done that, my stance will remain, I expect us to bring in players. you know, like we do every season
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #108: Aug 06, 2012 12:42:03 pm
      How can anyone still think joe cole has anything to offer. All i hear Is If he can get fit. If he can start playing regular. Feckme why get rid of aquilani on 80 grand a week pay him off and keep someone whos done ten times less than aqua which is hard i know. Ten times worser player than aqua and on ten grand more a week. And still you hjave some smucks on here thinking he can do a job. Get a grip redblood you must be a closet cockney mate.

And who the F**k are you to come on here and insult a 25K poster who is held in high regards around here. Wish we still had a Neg button but you haven't been around here long enough to know what that is.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #109: Aug 06, 2012 12:43:50 pm
      Well I'm positive about the fact we've got a new manager that wants to play attractive possession football and that we've freed up the wages to bring in players to help him do that and until the transfer window shuts and we haven't done that, my stance will remain, I expect us to bring in players. you know, like we do every season

Lets hope your expectations arent misguided like your Aquilani ones.

Sometimes its easier to realise the current situation.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #110: Aug 06, 2012 12:44:42 pm
      How can anyone still think joe cole has anything to offer. All i hear Is If he can get fit. If he can start playing regular. Feckme why get rid of aquilani on 80 grand a week pay him off and keep someone whos done ten times less than aqua which is hard i know. Ten times worser player than aqua and on ten grand more a week. And still you hjave some smucks on here thinking he can do a job. Get a grip redblood you must be a closet cockney mate.

Are you Aquilani's lover or son or sister ?

He is no longer a Liverpool player - he was the biggest waste of money ever. He has gone
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #111: Aug 06, 2012 12:45:16 pm

Get to F**k yer Helmet.

So if Joe Cole plays in a number of cup games this season and gives first team players a rest he hasn't contributed to the squad ?

I take it if Brendan Rodgers keeps Cole here then he must a closit cockney too ?

Cole had a half decent season on loan last year, if he can replicate that form, there is nothing to suggest he can't contribute to the squad this coming season.

And for the record, I'd have kept Aquilani.

Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #112: Aug 06, 2012 12:45:47 pm
      It burned down in a day though mate :)

Can't agree with you on that either!

Took a good few hundred years for Rome to collapse AFAIK. ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #113: Aug 06, 2012 12:49:50 pm
      Can't agree with you on that either!

Took a good few hundred years for Rome to collapse AFAIK. ;)

Took a while for the Empire to collapse, FSG Nero burned the city down.

Apparently Bellamy's as good as gone now.

Liverpool Agree Bellamy Pay-Off 'In Principle'

Cardiff City are anxiously waiting in the wings to snap up former loanee Craig Bellamy if and when he is able to secure an exit from Anfield but that 'if' is becoming increasingly a 'when' after Liverpool have now agreed a deal 'in principle' to cancel the remaining year on Bellamy's £80k per week contract.

Bellamy has always remained keen on a move back to Cardiff City, and that may well be a condition of Liverpools acceptance of the deal. The Reds will be required to make a 'significant' payment to Bellamy, thought to be around the equivalent of £25k per week over the season. That, plus the bumper wage package City have prepared specifically for Bellamy, would see him not lose out too much and Liverpool would save the remainder of his significant wage - which could then be used to sign another player.

Many bookmakers have stopped taking bets on a Bellamy return to Cardiff City. Liverpool, like Manchester City before them, are clearly taking a financial hit to suit the play - directly benefitting Cardiff City FC. Liverpool could make the deal even sweeter by preventing him signing for any other Premiership club as part of his contract termination. That would scupper any late bids from the likes of Fulham and Mark Hughes' QPR who were hoping that the lure of Premiership football might have swayed Craig.

Following Team GB's exit from the Olympics, Bellamy is now free to concentrate on sorting his club future out with further discussions with Liverpool planned this week to determine the finer points of the contract termination. Following that, he is expected to undertake a medical and formalise his return to Cardiff City - with a likely completion date of next week.

Whisper it quietly. Craig Bellamy is coming home...

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=289155#ixzz22lXwdSIs
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #114: Aug 06, 2012 12:50:55 pm
      Cole got injured in his first competitive game - we cant rely on him. He is only at the club still because of his high wages and Rodgers will try to ressurect the Cole from 5 years ago.

Quick Reply