Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 200132 times
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1518: Feb 24, 2015 10:20:01 am
      Joe Allen can do a reasonable job in the midfield I'd say averaging a 6 out of ten per game, he shouldn't we shouldn't Rodgers shouldn't be happy about that return from any Liverpool player.
      I personally hope we strengthen this area in the summer I'm sure we will, if Joe Allen is happy to be a fourth or fifth choice centre midfield he could stay as a squad player, if he has personal ambition and wants regular football he'll have to move on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1519: Feb 24, 2015 10:25:50 am
      Joe Allen is a Rodgers 1.0 signing. Technically gifted player that he trusted to know his methods.

As such he's outdated now.
      Rodgers 2.0 signings have power as well as technique,
      and it expands to the young players that are getting chances.

Early on a lot of our signings had at a minimum technical ability.
      Those that didn't have pace/power to add to that quickly got cast aside.

Allen is no different. He's a squad player now and will struggle to get in the 18
      when everyone in the squad is fit.

I'd go along with that mate. 

Wonder what his MK3 signings will be like?  Technique, pace, power....plus ??????
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1520: Feb 24, 2015 10:41:02 am
      I'd go along with that mate. 

Wonder what his MK3 signings will be like?  Technique, pace, power....plus ??????

Really Really Really Ridiculously good looking.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHHEcmZtJvY#ws

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1521: Feb 24, 2015 10:50:17 am

That's not a bad ploy mate.  If we can't dazzle the opposition with our play, we can dazzle them with our looks  :gt-happyup:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1523: Feb 24, 2015 04:53:15 pm
      Our competitors drop points while we win away to Southampton getting us closer to top 4 placing, despite the mad optimism you try to convince that 99% are unhappy with the team!?!?
      You on the right forum mate?

We have different ambitions.  You're satisfied with top 4.  I want us to win the title.

I'm deeply convinced that until we win the league, we're never going to be taken seriously as a big club again by potential players.  We're always going to be seen as a good team punching above its weight.  But winning the league again will change everything.  Top 4 year in and year out will be a foregone conclusion.  We will be legit threats to City and Chelsea and the  top players will start wanting to come to us again.

So. We need to win the league.  Call me delusional but I honestly think that if we had won the league, we could have kept Suarez.  And if we had won the league we could've nicked Sanchez.  I really think it will just change everything.

Winning the league has to be priority number one.  And players like Joe Allen are holding us back from that.  That is why it annoys me so much.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1524: Feb 24, 2015 05:27:49 pm
      Arsenal don't win the league, they attract big players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1525: Feb 24, 2015 06:06:20 pm
      We have different ambitions.  You're satisfied with top 4.  I want us to win the title.

I'm deeply convinced that until we win the league, we're never going to be taken seriously as a big club again by potential players.  We're always going to be seen as a good team punching above its weight.  But winning the league again will change everything.  Top 4 year in and year out will be a foregone conclusion.  We will be legit threats to City and Chelsea and the  top players will start wanting to come to us again.

So. We need to win the league.  Call me delusional but I honestly think that if we had won the league, we could have kept Suarez.  And if we had won the league we could've nicked Sanchez.  I really think it will just change everything.

Winning the league has to be priority number one.  And players like Joe Allen are holding us back from that.  That is why it annoys me so much.

Point to the part of my post where there is any mention of me being satisfied with 4th place. Advancing on CL qualification is what I allude to, once again you seek out negativity.
      Winning the Prem. would be something of an over achievement.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1526: Feb 25, 2015 10:53:29 am

Yes you are delusional if you think Suarez would have stayed had we won the league. Utterly delusional. He would have went to Barca regardless.

As for winning the league guaranteeing top 4 year in year out... tell that to the Scum.

Allen is a squad player, a fourth choice CM. He does a job when called upon like he has done in our last two wins away from home. Next season we will have a replacement for Stevie who will need to be a top player. Allen will still he 4th maybe even 5th choice CM. He will do a job when called upon.

Every top team needs squad players like Allen. No top team has a squad with a full complement of superstar players. Go through every top teams squad you will find a player like Allen in it.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1527: Feb 25, 2015 11:04:15 am
      the problem is we have to many players of allens standard, write down our squad and tell me how many of them would get into Arseanl,Chelsea, City and the Scum and who would they start over. i bet there arnt many.
      we need to get top players and keep them and the only way to keep them is buy staying in CL year after year and by winning things.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1528: Feb 25, 2015 11:21:38 am
      the problem is we have to many players of allens standard, write down our squad and tell me how many of them would get into Arseanl,Chelsea, City and the Scum and who would they start over. i bet there arnt many.
      we need to get top players and keep them and the only way to keep them is buy staying in CL year after year and by winning things.

I completely agree we have too many squad players and not enough quality in the squad. To compete at the highest level a squad of 25 players should have at least 18 excellent players and 7 good squad players.

So the problem with our squad is certainly not Allen. It's that we have too many squad players who don't do a good enough job when called upon.

Jones
      Johnson
      Borini
      Lambert

These players aren't good enough to be squad players. Allen is.

That being said if we can find a midfielder better than Allen who will be happy to spend most of the time on the bench for less wages I'm fine with that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1529: Feb 26, 2015 08:52:23 pm
      Joseph!

Allen had a good game today. Tidy as always.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1530: Feb 26, 2015 09:17:07 pm
      He tired in extra time and started giving it away poorly. But in 90 mins he played well.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #1531: Feb 26, 2015 09:28:10 pm
      Not a fan ... dont think he is good enough.

But he was one of the few tonight who wasnt strolling round with the fingers up their backsides. Good penalty too. Showed some bottle unlike raheem i want a mans wage sterling.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1532: Feb 27, 2015 04:16:24 am

You've lost the plot reading sky sports, taking it seriously, then linking it here! Let's compare some of these headlines. Starting with the only paper anyone should read regarding LFC.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/joe-allen-says-liverpool-fc-8706752
      Joe Allen says Liverpool FC have learned to cope without Luis Suarez

Now we'll see what the enemy writes about us.

<shitrag I'm not going to link so they can't get hits>
      Joe Allen Suggests Liverpool Are Now a Better Team Without Luis Suarez

<shitrag again>
      Liverpool are BETTER since £75m departure of Luis Suarez, claims Joe Allen

What did Allen ACTUALLY say? with the different system we play this season we might even have taken a step forward. and who the hell disagrees with that? it's entirely true. last season we were one of the best attacking teams in the world, but we lacked balls, steel, defense. this season... well we still lack all those! but we've been forced to work harder then last year, we've had to change the system more and of course we added a bunch of new players. all that could end up being better for the character of these young lads. they're not going to be in a team where the striker scores 30 every season!

here's the worse headline I found:

Joe Allen: Liverpool Have Overcome Loss of Suarez to Get Back to Last Season's Level

that's just a tabloid trying to make LFC supporters turn on their own. they even implied he said that word for word. disgraceful.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1533: Mar 01, 2015 01:53:27 pm
      Excellent today. Ran his heart out Thursday so to perform like that today showed great heart. Well done.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1534: Mar 01, 2015 01:53:51 pm
      Joe Allen.

Take a bow son.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1535: Mar 01, 2015 01:58:45 pm
      Excellent performance today, that's coming from a reasonable critic. Thought I'd pop my word in before I forget. Well done Joe
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1536: Mar 01, 2015 02:01:43 pm
      Stand up and take a bow son. That was world class stuff from Allen today. Utterly sublime. Utterly utterly sublime.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1537: Mar 01, 2015 02:20:23 pm
      Boom. What a boss game he had. My MOTM for sure, dealt with everything they had in midfield and his performance on the ball was so calm and assured.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1538: Mar 01, 2015 02:23:27 pm
      Excellent game from Little Joe.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1539: Mar 01, 2015 02:23:30 pm
      Best performance in the red shirt! Delighted for him!

The Spanish Allen in Barcelona will be taking tips from this for sure!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #1540: Mar 01, 2015 02:44:06 pm
      Excellent today. Ran his heart out Thursday so to perform like that today showed great heart. Well done.

Agree mate.

Quick Reply