Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 203332 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Mar 22, 2014 07:53:34 pm
      Allen was embarrassingly sh*t today. Please God do not let him start any more games

What an embarrassing comment, did you and your God watch the right game?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1036: Mar 22, 2014 07:55:09 pm
      Allen was embarrassingly sh*t today. Please God do not let him start any more games

We won 6-3, just enjoy the fact we won and leave the dark comments alone.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1037: Mar 22, 2014 07:55:57 pm
      What an embarrassing comment, did you and your God watch the right game?

Yeah. I watched the game in which our overpriced diminutive Welsh Xavi was totally sh*t. Again

He should be sold in summer and hopefully not play for us again this season
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1038: Mar 22, 2014 07:58:59 pm

I don't like Joe Allen much, he's pretty anodyne in almost all aspects of his game. I think the description 'a sh*t Xavi' is pretty fair; he does that (now out of fashion?) tika-taka ball retention/ recycling/ sideways passing thing OK. Just not as well as Xavi.

He's certainly not a first team player, too small and largely ineffective. He doesn't really DO anything noteworthy.

But he was good yesterday. Playing Henderson AND Allen on the wide points of a midfield diamond is quite negative in some ways, and is certainly not a viable option in most games, but tactically it was spot on for United. They simply strangled the life of them, and left United with no space, time or options.

So he deserves credit

Make your mind up.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1039: Mar 22, 2014 08:08:39 pm
      Thought he was very poor in the first half and improved a bit in the second but not by much. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sit out the next game.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1040: Mar 22, 2014 08:11:43 pm

I did in the match thread in which I made it quite clear that he shouldn't start and I was right
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1041: Mar 22, 2014 08:14:38 pm
      I did in the match thread in which I made it quite clear that he shouldn't start and I was right

Says you. But you don't pick the team.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1042: Mar 22, 2014 09:12:09 pm
      Thought Joe was no worse than any of the other midfielders who were all average in my opinion. Actually thought it was a good call taking off Coutinho for Sterling.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1043: Mar 22, 2014 09:19:07 pm
      Thought he recovered well after a poor start.

That's showing character - I'm not yet seeing the quality but I'm seeing a lot of heart, desire and endeavour from the kid.

Keep improving Joey - good lad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1044: Mar 22, 2014 09:25:12 pm
      Yeah. I watched the game in which our overpriced diminutive Welsh Xavi was totally sh*t. Again

He should be sold in summer and hopefully not play for us again this season

People like you would have seen Henderson long gone, luckily the manager calls the shots not some buffoon on a PC.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1045: Mar 22, 2014 10:26:25 pm
      People like you would have seen Henderson long gone, luckily the manager calls the shots not some buffoon on a PC.

This all day.

I can think of quite a few names for the man with no name.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1046: Mar 23, 2014 01:14:59 am

You mean the manager who tried to ship Henderson off to Fulham?

You're rubbish
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1047: Mar 23, 2014 01:48:31 am

You're rubbish

As far as all us informed are aware he was offered the chance to go to Fulham or stay and fight for his place in the squad. He and Brendan agreed with the latter and the rest, as they say, is history.

Or in your case unadulterated bullshit.

Carry on you no mark.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1048: Mar 23, 2014 07:48:35 am

You're rubbish

It really is your garbage under scrutiny here, the latest as embarrassing as ever.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1049: Mar 23, 2014 07:57:42 am
      Allen has a role to play for Liverpool in the coming years and has put in some good performances. He might improve with time and with the amount of games we'll have next season, he'll get plenty of action on the field.

But there's no doubt we should reinforce the midfield this summer with a quality player, and Allen would be the one most threatened for his place. Fierce competition for places is what we want.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1050: Mar 23, 2014 08:42:39 am
      I think he's taking a leaf out of Henderson's book TBH, the character and desire is there (and I believe he does posses a fair bit of footballing quality too, he has a footballing brain as well) and he isn't hiding even though I don't think he's properly settled yet. His passing has improved and isn't as sloppy, so the confidence is creeping back into his game. I think Allen needs some game time and consistency to get into his groove. He was again part of a midfield that for the second week in a row? (or is it 3) wasn't overrun by the opposition.

Well done Allen, keep battling away!
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1051: Mar 23, 2014 10:42:53 am
      As far as all us informed are aware he was offered the chance to go to Fulham or stay and fight for his place in the squad. He and Brendan agreed with the latter and the rest, as they say, is history.

Or in your case unadulterated bullshit.

Carry on you no mark.

Yes, that's what I said: 'the manager who calls the shots' was willing to allow Henderson leave for Fulham.

Hardly a sign that he had any more faith in the player than many buffoons on their PCs

Why do you keep repeating what I've said? I know what I said, because I said it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1052: Mar 23, 2014 11:04:13 am

Yes, that's what I said: 'the manager who calls the shots' was willing to allow Henderson leave for Fulham.

Hardly a sign that he had any more faith in the player than many buffoons on their PCs

Why do you keep repeating what I've said? I know what I said, because I said it.

You're wrong. If Rodgers truly had no faith in Hendo he would have sold him no question. There would have been no option of staying to fight for his place on the table.

Don't believe me go ask Carroll, Downing, Cole and Adam.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1053: Mar 23, 2014 11:09:40 am
      You're wrong. If Rodgers truly had no faith in Hendo he would have sold him no question. There would have been no option of staying to fight for his place on the table.

Don't believe me go ask Carroll, Downing, Cole and Adam.

True.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #1054: Mar 23, 2014 11:14:00 am
      Listen, Jordan's having a great season but I'm not sure he needs two player threads  ;)

Little Joe? For me he's doing a job and beginning to understand what it takes to play for the Redmen.

Just let him be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1055: Mar 23, 2014 11:19:52 am

Hahaha disappearing and arseholes springs to mind.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #1056: Mar 23, 2014 11:20:16 am

Don't believe me go ask Carroll, Downing, Cole and Adam

So he had SO much faith that he was willing to let him go to Fulham, but wasn't quite sure, so allowed Henderson to make the final decision.

Yep, what a great deal of faith.

Of course, now someone will probably say it was planned all along and was a fantastic piece of genius man Management. Which will be embarrassing for all concerned

Back to Allen, then: he's very average and does nothing really
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1057: Mar 23, 2014 03:16:29 pm

No you said he 'tried to ship Henderson off'. Tried being the operative word here which is untrue because it was a mere option he offered to Henderson.

You complete and utter bollocksmith.

Quick Reply