Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 60750 times
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #138: Oct 14, 2012 06:39:59 pm
      Assaidi played with morocco tonight and he was f**king amazing !!! he entres in the second Half but he up-down the hole match and morocco score 3 goals with an assist and he was the origin of the two other goals x) But  unfortunately he will participate at CAN 2013 in juanary with Morocco...

Maroc Mozambique : Résumé 2ème mi-temps (المغرب ضد الموزمبيق)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #139: Oct 15, 2012 11:17:28 am
      Anyone seen this?

Samenvatting SC Heerenveen - FC Twente 6-2 (Eredivisie 2010/2011)

3 goals and 3 assists in the 6-2 win.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #140: Oct 25, 2012 10:10:37 pm
      This lad is the F***ing tits.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #141: Oct 25, 2012 10:13:28 pm
      My MOTM for tonight. He was excellent in the first half, faded a bit in the second.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #142: Oct 25, 2012 11:08:37 pm
      This guy is a beast  !!! Hope BR brings him in for more games because he is a star.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #143: Oct 25, 2012 11:18:40 pm
      Thought he had a boss game tonight, got my MOTM.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #144: Oct 26, 2012 12:20:29 am
      Defo looks like we might have a bit of a player here and you can see why Ajax were rumoured to have been pissed when we signed the lad. Very very impressed with his close control and I thought his decision making, passing and defensive work were also good tonight. Cracking little combo between him and Johnson througout the first half.
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #145: Oct 26, 2012 04:48:31 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,297 posts | 2844 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #146: Oct 26, 2012 08:25:13 am
      Loving the way this guys play, plays Sunday for me
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #147: Oct 26, 2012 09:04:12 am
      Great great game, but he will find it hard to have any impact of the game without a proper striker upfront.
      Hope he sign a proper striker, we've got the service but no one to put the goals in the net.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #148: Oct 26, 2012 09:28:01 am
       Certainly promising last night, and at 3 million quid or so the manager deserves huge credit for unearthing him. There are a few things I think he needs to add to his game/do more often though if he's going to a roaring success. Firstly he comes inside pretty much every time he gets the ball, and having done so doesn't really look as if he's likely to bust the net with a shot. As time goes on and people watch him he'll find himself getting funnelled inside by the fullback, straight into the waiting arms of the holding midfielder. To counter this I think he needs to work on his shooting, and I think he needs to work on the check back outside, almost Suarez style. He did show last night that he has a left foot, so I'd like to see him actually going at his man, before hitting the byline and crossing it a bit more often.

Also, I'd like to see him check inside to recieve it a bit more than he does. He's fairly obviously a natural winger, but in our system hugging the touchline isn't going to bare him fruit. Sterling is certainly getting it now, and much of his movement is similar to that we saw of Nathan Dyer in Swansea colours last season. As it is, Assaidi tends to recieve the ball in the same patch of the pitch time after time, as teams wise to him he'll disappear unless he adapts.

Lastly, like Downing I'd like to see him hit the back post when the ball is being crossed from the opposite flank. Players who score regularly get into positions from which they might score regularly, there are no exceptions to that rule in football. It's easy to see why the Gerrards and the Shelveys and the Matas score regularly, our boys need to think about their individual game and work out how they intend to score a goal. Until our "other two" to Suarez contribute regularly, we will always be short of goals as a team.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #149: Oct 26, 2012 10:21:49 am
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #150: Oct 26, 2012 10:56:46 am
      likes the looks of him. he is like a bottle rocket
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #151: Oct 26, 2012 11:13:59 am
      Just needs to up the end product and he could be a bargain

His footwork and skill are very good but it's clear he isn't comfortable on his left foot so he is always looking to get onto his right.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #152: Oct 26, 2012 12:22:42 pm
      That touch with the inside of his right from that driven cross field that got him away from the right back was sublime. Looks a real tricky customer and worked really hard for the team too. Was still chasing back right at the end. Deserves to be included in the derby squad based on that performance.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #153: Oct 26, 2012 12:46:54 pm
      He was outstanding last night.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #154: Oct 26, 2012 01:56:37 pm
      Thought he did an outstanding job. He seems to be fitting into the side quite nicely. Fancy him to start scoring soon.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #155: Oct 26, 2012 02:01:39 pm
      Another dirk kuyt high work rate but better than dirk. He will get better and the goals will come. The main thing is we got a young player at a good price, and is now an important part of the rebuilding process.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #156: Oct 26, 2012 02:55:28 pm
      Another dirk kuyt high work rate but better than dirk. He will get better and the goals will come. The main thing is we got a young player at a good price, and is now an important part of the rebuilding process.

He may well be a better technician than Kuyt (infact he is, lets be honest) but I would be amazed if he ever made himself as big a player for us as Kuyt did. I spent the first three seasons of Kuyts Liverpool career moaning about how poor he was technically, but you had to give it to the fella he absolutely maximised his ability. He scored some unbelieveably important goals for the club, and I for one am gutted we haven't still got him because in this system he would thrive with Suarez regularly vacating the centre forward slot.

Benny the noon can be a bit annoying, but I had many an argument with him over Kuyt and I would say that the fullness of time proved conclusively that he was right and I was wrong. He was wrong about everything else mind, and I was right  :lmao:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #157: Oct 26, 2012 03:00:27 pm
      :laugh:

Seems I was right about a bit more than Kuyt Mick ;)

Rafa, Hodgson, Cole , Konchesky and Poulsen to name a few of our run ins ;)

Kuyt is a big miss and he should have started more last season.

If Assaidi does at least half of what Kuyt did then he would have done well
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #158: Oct 26, 2012 03:08:27 pm
      I'm loving the look of this kid. I hope we start to see him in the Prem a bit more.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #159: Oct 26, 2012 09:32:28 pm
      Was good, but needs to start crossing the ball, rather than constantly cutting in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,297 posts | 2844 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #160: Oct 26, 2012 09:36:09 pm
      Was good, but needs to start crossing the ball, rather than constantly cutting in.

Cross to what? Theres never anyone in the box

Quick Reply