Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mancs at it again

Read 38718 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #184: Sep 24, 2012 04:16:43 pm
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #185: Sep 24, 2012 04:39:44 pm
      But is it really a minority, when I look round at video clips and forums there is so much hatred.

I don't know like I said maybe I'm a bit naive and believe everyone should be better people, but I hontely think there are too many who are happy with it carrying on.

It is a minority when you take into account their ( and ours ) whole support

It was the majority if their away support singing - prob a dozen or so meant it and the rest followed along like sheep.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #186: Sep 24, 2012 05:03:16 pm
       It's odd how the two Liverpool fans doing the "plane gesture" weren't captured on someones mobile. Don't they have them or something?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #187: Sep 24, 2012 05:05:08 pm
      It's odd how the two Liverpool fans doing the "plane gesture" weren't captured on someones mobile. Don't they have them or something?
      The aeroplane lads swooped and flew off with them.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #188: Sep 24, 2012 05:22:38 pm
       That must be it mate yeah. Thousands of fans and not one of em videos the provocation.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #189: Sep 24, 2012 06:17:40 pm
      The video linked earlier in the thread seems to have 6200 Facebook "likes". I would say that's not even the tip of the iceberg of the amount of their fans that think these sort of songs about us are fair game. Still not sure about the aeroplane gesture claim either considering the Liverpool end is completely empty on the video clip when their support are singing them songs. Lets say it did happen though. 1 utter moron out of 41,000 Liverpool fans and in reaction 2,000 plus out of 3,000 Man United fans singing the songs about football disasters. I would personally ban any Man United away support from Anfield until it stops. Why should we give them 3,000 tickets in our ground just so they can sing songs em masse about innocent Liverpool and Juventus fans dying at a football match? Until the police or the clubs do anything serious about it, one of their songs is unfortunately true. "They're Man United, they'll sing/do what they want"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #190: Sep 24, 2012 06:36:38 pm
      Limit the scum's allocation and require MUFC to vouch for very single ticket holder and if one of them is caught singing songs or doing anything else similar they get banned and the scum fined for each occurrence.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #191: Sep 24, 2012 09:51:51 pm
      Don't have Sky so couldn't comment but I wouldn't know sh*t about it unless I saw it on the forum.
      Again there are subliminal echoes of the Hillsborough media behaviour in being very selective and economic with the truth when reporting LFC related stories.
      It is this very fact that explains why for 23 years the truth was accepted in Liverpool while the outside world was oblivious and quite happy with the situation thank you.
      In the cold light of day the behaviour of a good number of their ''supporters'' was morally wrong and entirely unacceptable, was it an isolated incident? could it happen again? does it appear an organised behavioural pattern involving an organised body? The answer to all of these enquiries is yes.
      The truth is in the public domain about the tragedy but for fucks sake we don't need half measures - sort these mentally challenged ''fans'' out now who attempt to distort the truth to fit their distorted heads. 

Sky back to normal, nearly twatted me telly after reading Skytext.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #192: Sep 24, 2012 10:19:21 pm
      Sky trotted out Jason McAteer this evening who claims to have 'seen' 2 people making plane gestures at the Mancs.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #193: Sep 24, 2012 10:41:19 pm
      Sky trotted out Jason McAteer this evening who claims to have 'seen' 2 people making plane gestures at the Mancs.

Saw that earlier too.  So how come there's no footage of them anywhere?  As bigmick pointed out, surely at least one or two of the scum there would be able to use their phones to photograph them.  Something like that would be plastered all over the internet by now.

Doesn't add up that.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #194: Sep 24, 2012 10:45:33 pm
      If you heard it from McAteer's mouth on television then it's probably true. I can't see him making it up. Regardless a couple of idiotic scallies doesn't justify a whole away end singing such sickening songs.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #195: Sep 24, 2012 10:47:06 pm
      Simply not football fans and should be banned for life from every stadium in the world. Anyone that takes pleasure in the death of innocent people is a disgrace to the human race and have no right to be classed as fans of any football club. I'm never going to tar an entire group of people because of a minority and I think it's a mistake to do so, what should be done is the ones who participate in these vile songs should be named, shamed and punished for what they are, absolute scum.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #196: Sep 24, 2012 11:01:07 pm
      Come on guys McAteer won't make up stuff like that. Maybe it's time to realise we have our own clueless fuckwits
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #197: Sep 24, 2012 11:07:29 pm
      I don't think too many deny that we have such "fans", George but they are not welcome and they are the minority. What we saw in the away end yesterday was the majority singing such songs. There is a big difference.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #198: Sep 24, 2012 11:12:02 pm
      I don't think too many deny that we have such "fans", George but they are not welcome and they are the minority. What we saw in the away end yesterday was the majority singing such songs. There is a big difference.

They are both wrong and both sick and disgusting - that is the important thing - it's not just some "cheeky scalies" !!

After everything that has happened in the last two weeks for some of our fans to do that shows a lack of respect for the club and shows how we also have fans that are sick and disgusting. I hope they are banned from Anfield for life.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #199: Sep 24, 2012 11:17:29 pm
      You seem to be missing the sheer scale of the problem Man United have, George. I too hope our couple of idiots are banned; they are scumbags who are an embarrassment to the club.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #200: Sep 24, 2012 11:20:08 pm
      If you heard it from McAteer's mouth on television then it's probably true. I can't see him making it up. Regardless a couple of idiotic scallies doesn't justify a whole away end singing such sickening songs.

Question is, at what point did he see them? Before or after the Utd supporters started jeering and chanting?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #201: Sep 24, 2012 11:32:57 pm
      You seem to be missing the sheer scale of the problem Man United have, George. I too hope our couple of idiots are banned; they are scumbags who are an embarrassment to the club.

I'm more concerned with our F***ing idiots who decided to disgrace themselves and the club with their actions.

The manc scum are not in our control
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #202: Sep 24, 2012 11:33:36 pm
      Question is, at what point did he see them? Before or after the Utd supporters started jeering and chanting?

It makes no difference at all - there is no justification for what they did.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #203: Sep 24, 2012 11:45:15 pm
      In the context of more or less the whole away stand singing their vile songs in unison two dickheads embarrassing everyone is a very poor justification for the mancs obscene but predictable behaviour.
      Only mancs would attempt to justify their entirely unacceptable behaviour in such a way.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #204: Sep 25, 2012 12:07:23 am
      It is a minority when you take into account their ( and ours ) whole support

It was the majority if their away support singing - prob a dozen or so meant it and the rest followed along like sheep.

I would agree with this, its the mob mentality. As a rule of thumb I personally try to follow the idea that you should never do in a group what you wouldn't do alone - that's how lynchings happen. Violence isn't necessarily physical, there seems to be a warped mentality that allows certain people to think these violent chants, because that is how I view them, are ok if it's tit-for-tat. All it does is breed more aggression and will make this already horrible rivalry worse. We have our own scumbag fans too, as any large group does, and I fear now that a small minority are going to go to the return match and continue this stupid line of chants and feeling justified in doing so, just like the shits yesterday that felt they were justified in doing so because of a couple of cu*ts.

The tribalism (and the petty politicking) in the game has threatened before to turn me off football completely. When I was young and foolish I used to hate Man Utd, now I just hate our rivalry with them, its not sporting, its not 'banter', and it certainly isn't pleasant to witness. It has been ruined by the minority of fans who also happen to be the loudest and, in a large group who probably have on average a couple of pints in them, them sheep that follow.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #205: Sep 25, 2012 12:50:11 am
      F***ing marvellous, ssn are now going with the McAteer accusations and blaming the two invisible Liverpool fans for the scum's hateful songs.

I despair, why can't they just call them for what they are, F***ing scum.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #206: Sep 25, 2012 12:51:26 am
      It makes no difference at all - there is no justification for what they did.

You saw them then George?  Could you do us all a favour and post up some pictorial evidence please.

Quick Reply