Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mancs at it again

Read 38328 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #207: Sep 25, 2012 02:05:40 am
      I'm more concerned with our f**king idiots who decided to disgrace themselves and the club with their actions.

The manc scum are not in our control

So you are more concerned with a couple of halfwits that are supposedly LFC Supporters than you are concerned with a whole slew of Manc supporters? Sorry but that just doesn't make sense George. Especially considering the sheer number of LFC supporters at a home match vs. the comparitively small number of Manc fans. No, it's not right if LFC fans were making those gestures, but on a day of so much emotion, especially after all of the calls to end the hatred, it's absolutely despicable what the Manc fans did and they should be singled out and punished.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #208: Sep 25, 2012 03:32:38 am
      So you are more concerned with a couple of halfwits that are supposedly LFC Supporters than you are concerned with a whole slew of Manc supporters? Sorry but that just doesn't make sense George. Especially considering the sheer number of LFC supporters at a home match vs. the comparitively small number of Manc fans. No, it's not right if LFC fans were making those gestures, but on a day of so much emotion, especially after all of the calls to end the hatred, it's absolutely despicable what the Manc fans did and they should be singled out and punished.

I'm not often in agreement with George but I am on this. I also think some people are missing his point, he's not condoning what the Man Utd fans did or saying he doesn't want them punished but there is little we can do about it beyond cutting their ticket allocation again. Them chants aren't going away unless Man Utd or the FA begin to take action. I'm sure George, like I, would lobby or sign a petition to the FA complaining but it's not worth becoming consumed by a bunch of F***ing idiots carrying on some tribal nonsense. Yes it was completely out of line but we can't control everyone else's behaviour, only our own. The best way to do that is rise above others hatred and bullshit and act with dignity, not let ourselves become obsessed with every idiot or bunch of idiots that try to throw stones at us. And the 2 idiots that made airplane signals are in our club's control and we can ban them from Anfield and put in a request to have them banned from stadiums around the country and that's what should be done.

As this is the Hillsborough section, lets remember our true concern: getting justice for the 96, lets not get sidetracked by a footballing rivalry throwing stones at us, it reflects more on them than on us.
      HammerDownUnder
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #209: Sep 25, 2012 05:30:14 am
      I have to say to all you Liverpool fans on here firstly that I come in peace as your club is close to my heart, my dad used to take me to follow Liverpool as a kid during the late 70's and early 80's but when I hit my teens I could only get access to my local club which was West Ham. (How many times have I wished that wasn't the case.)

I watched the events at Anfield on the weekend and it moved me as I know it did many other non Liverpool supporters everywhere. What you have been through as a club goes beyond rivalry and should fall outside terrace abuse, certainly not fair game to most of us and I would be disgusted if any of our fans sang about Hillsborough regardless of circumstance. I am confident they wouldn't.

The whole footballing world was worried that United's fans would stoop that low but at first glance it seemed they hadn't. I heard the last caller on 606 on Sunday night call Alan Green in tears after the final whistle and on investigation was disappointed to hear what had happened. To be fair to United, I think as a club they tried to encourage their supporters not to embarass them and it almost worked.

Most of the idiots singing probably weren't even old enough to remember that day in 1989 which is why they have no emotion connected to it on any level, any of United's true fans would be disgusted by their behaviour.

99% of the footballing world supports you on this issue I am sure.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #210: Sep 25, 2012 07:19:05 am
      You saw them then George?  Could you do us all a favour and post up some pictorial evidence please.

Are you reading what I say ?

Why are people looking to find some sort of excuse or justification for what our own scum did ? It makes no difference what the circumstances are - A section of the Liverpool fans on the day the whole world was watching us looking for us to set an example whilst we honoured the 96 decided to disgrace the club by mocking the dead - our own fans ffs .
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #211: Sep 25, 2012 07:25:23 am

It's up the the Mancs and FA to sort out their fans - it's disgusting what they did and I have in no way condoned it

My concern is our own scum who decided to mock the dead on a day we were supposed to show respect for fellow human beings . We have spent the last 2 weeks demanding the chants stopped after the revelations and then we go and blow it out of the water ?! It's as disgusting as the Mancs chanting. And I hope they get charged and banned from watching football. They let the club and the rest of the fanbase down.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #212: Sep 25, 2012 08:07:12 am
      Jesus, I don't doubt that there were two fans who done the munich gesture because the video on ssn shows the united lot reacting angrily towards the main stand. Regardless of that it didn't warrant the reaction to start singing what they did. Two dickheads reacting to them singing where's your famous munich song in the first half didn't warrant thousands of them singing what they did. The two dickheads should be banned along with any who sang after the final whistle.

Two wrongs don't make a right and any normal fan knows that. I'm really starting to despair for football, I hope it passes but at the moment I'm not too sure if it will.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #213: Sep 25, 2012 08:29:32 am
      Are you reading what I say ?

Why are people looking to find some sort of excuse or justification for what our own scum did ? It makes no difference what the circumstances are - A section of the Liverpool fans on the day the whole world was watching us looking for us to set an example whilst we honoured the 96 decided to disgrace the club by mocking the dead - our own fans ffs .

Yes George, I am reading what you say.  Why are you are portraying what 2 (TWO) fans out of over 40,000 allegedly did after the match was over as being on a par with what the majority of the 2000/3000 visiting fans did, i.e., chanting:

"United united" throughout YNWA before the match
      "Where's your famous Munich song" during the match (which got the deserved response of boos from around the ground and nothing else)
      "Always the victims, it's never their fault" after the match to an empty stadium and after they thought the cameras had gone
      "Murderers murderers" after the match

If there were two Liverpool fans that "made aeroplane moves" as ssn, the press and Jason have claimed, then surely they will have been captured on the CCTV cameras at the ground as no-one else, ssn or mancs, managed to film them.  They should be fairly easily identified and deservedly banned.

So, why are you so disinterested in what happens to the mancs travelling support?  I want them banned for life from Anfield for what they did.  You, on the other hand, just seem to want to stick your boot into the Liverpool fans.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #214: Sep 25, 2012 09:01:21 am
      Then you aren't reading what I am posting

The manc fans are not under our control - the Liverpool fans are.

I have condoned the scum fans and I hope they get punished .

Our concern should be our own section of scum - look after our own house first and make sure we are spotless and blameless before going onto other people's fans. We let ourselves down. It makes no difference if it was 2 or 2000 - they are a disgrace.

We can get onto the moral high ground once we sort ourselves out.

Certain Liverpool fans let the club down and it's my concern to ensure that will never happen again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #215: Sep 25, 2012 09:07:38 am
      There were a sizeable number of manc ''fans'' who in spite of their club's plea's, an open letter from their manager and requests by the team were at that game for one thing only - to insult and provoke a reaction.
      Their goading about the Munich disaster and singing down of YNWA are all you need to know about the mentality of some manc supporters.
      They did not succeed and compared to the stand full of shitheads singing obscenities the two alleged 'come fly with me'  cranks is a none result for the sustained provocation; even though the media see things differently, as is their way.
      It is unbelievable that some on the forum are being influenced by infantile wums using tragedy and emotion as a vehicle for their moronic negativity; make no mistake the shithead provocation at Anfield is the same moronic negativity in a less subtle form.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #216: Sep 25, 2012 09:22:57 am
      It's amazing how people are very quick to condone fans singing vile chants yet don't seem to have a problem with our own fans singing vile chants. A lot of hypocrisy going on but I'm not surprised.

Lets sort our own house out first.

The scum fans let their club down by chanting

Our fans let our club down by vile chanting

Neither should be excused or justified.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #217: Sep 25, 2012 10:15:52 am
      Our fans let our club down by vile chanting

We are talking about last Sunday right?  Because there were no vile chants from Liverpool fans that day.  Just full on support of the 96, the club and the players past and present from what I could hear.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #218: Sep 25, 2012 10:42:01 am
      Merseyside Police have now a[/b] Liverpool fan was ejected for making obscene gestures.  One solitary ball bag, doesn't justify the United fans for what they did, doesn't excuse the ball bag either.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #219: Sep 25, 2012 11:58:42 am
      We are talking about last Sunday right?  Because there were no vile chants from Liverpool fans that day.  Just full on support of the 96, the club and the players past and present from what I could hear.

So not one single Liverpool fan decided to disgrace the club by doing air plane gestures at opposition fans disrespecting the guys who died in Munich ?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #220: Sep 25, 2012 11:59:06 am
      Merseyside Police have now a[/b] Liverpool fan was ejected for making obscene gestures.  One solitary ball bag, doesn't justify the United fans for what they did, doesn't excuse the ball bag either.

Pretty much spot on.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #221: Sep 25, 2012 12:20:09 pm
      So not one single Liverpool fan decided to disgrace the club by doing air plane gestures at opposition fans disrespecting the guys who died in Munich ?

I didn't say that George.  I was questioning the lack of visual evidence.  It's odd that there isn't any, or that nothing has surfaced.

You said Liverpool fans were chanting vile things.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #222: Sep 25, 2012 01:05:31 pm
      I didn't say that George.  I was questioning the lack of visual evidence.  It's odd that there isn't any, or that nothing has surfaced.

There is nothing recorded in fact no credible evidence whatever that there was any provocation for the conduct of the shithead section of the manc contingent, indeed they were determined to invoke a reponse with their Munich taunts initially - none was forthcoming.
      Their singing down of YNWA was another attempt to provoke a response - again none was apparent.
      All the mancs were left with was some dickhead reportedly doing the aeroplane thing and again they launched into more of their repertoire of hate, in an empty Anfield - they could not hold back, committed as they are to darkening any event with their evil.
       Incredible as it seems it does appear that some are still playing the blame game on this forum no less, what's that all about I ask myself.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #223: Sep 25, 2012 01:17:33 pm
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #224: Sep 25, 2012 01:20:11 pm

By chanting i meant the Airplane chants and signals.

McAteer has said it happened and police have confirmed someone was ejected.

People seem to want to not believe it happened.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #225: Sep 25, 2012 01:40:50 pm
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #226: Sep 25, 2012 01:40:59 pm

Bollocks was that a minority of Man U supporters and notice how Liverpool supporters are included in the headline about unsavoury chanting.
      The police won't take any action; it's a complete joke.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #227: Sep 25, 2012 01:41:50 pm

As I said earlier in the thread, full confirmation in that link that "they're Man United they'll sing/do what they want."

Scottish football put up with Old Firm fans singing sectarian songs for almost 40 odd years but now they do get arrested at most games or on trains for singing these songs or shouting anything with religious hatred.

Man United fans will continue to sing these songs en masse with 10 thousand on the Stretford or 2,000 at an away game because as has been proven, no one will do anything about it.

Their club has pleaded with them to stop it but as long as the police or stewards aren't interested then it will continue.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #228: Sep 25, 2012 01:50:16 pm
      Bollocks was that a minority of Man U supporters and notice how Liverpool supporters are included in the headline about unsavoury chanting.
      The police won't take any action; it's a complete joke.
      There is no reference whatever to LFC supporters in the actual story itself -  a very amateurish attempt at subliminal messaging - no need really the gullible and agenda merchants will blame LFC anyway, there are amazingly enough attempts on this very forum to wrongfully meter out blame.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #229: Sep 25, 2012 02:01:57 pm
      As I said earlier in the thread, full confirmation in that link that "they're Man United they'll sing/do what they want."

If the players can sing on the pitch in Moscow about Heysel then the club can indeed do what they want. This weekend's disgraceful behaviour and subsequent inaction confirm that.

Quick Reply