Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Joe Cole (West Ham)

Read 18998 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Joe Cole (West Ham)
      Reply #138: Jan 03, 2013 10:10:12 am
      To be fair, Aqua has been on fire this season in Italy.  He is dictating play, creating opportunities, and scoring goals.  He always was and still is a very talented lad, it just seemed that he didn't want to stay at LFC after Rafa left.....

As for Cole, he was good once, but we got him when he was already past his best :(

Totally agree - well aside from the Aqau bit's... He is not playing that well, has featured 10 times this season (circa 50% of games) is out injured and has scored 4 goals - from what I can tell he has no assists, but I think he actually has 2. Also - Rafa never played him even when he was here! Or is it I still dont like the guy!?!

Joe on the other hand never talked smack about us or tried to get his agent to force a deal through - yes he has taken a lot of money off us but he has handled himself in the right way. I was happy when he came, but it just didnt work out... Shame really - but wish him the best of luck at West Ham!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #139: Jan 03, 2013 10:14:23 am
      Disappointed that we couldn't get more out of Joe, as there's no denying that he can be an extremely good player when he hits form.

Also sad to see these rumours of a £3m payoff. I actually thought he was better than that.

Au revoir, Joe.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #140: Jan 03, 2013 12:57:50 pm
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #141: Jan 03, 2013 01:05:19 pm

Well no

He has apparently agreed a 3 million pay off..

If he had seen out his remaining 18 months of his contact he would have been taking just over 7 million..

From his point of view he has a contract worth 90k a week for the rest of this season and next.. If you got a new job and were contracted for 5 years but your boss decided to sack you after 3, would you not say you are contracted for 2 more years and want severance?

It's a one off payment worth 3 million, saving us 4 million.. ( around a year of Sturridges wages if you will)

We need to be better at giving out deals... It's not Coles fault that we gave him that deal.. Makes sense all round really.

Good luck Joe..

Big mistake of a signing for us, we need to avoid these types from now on

People live within their means, if you were on 90k a week guaranteed for 18 months, just to walk away from that to earn 30k a week..
      We can all say it's obscene, and it is to us.. But when your on it would you give it away?

It's a different world but to get him off the books and save 4 million in the long term.. Best all round
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #142: Jan 03, 2013 01:17:04 pm
      Good Luck Joe
      Shame it didn't work out.
      I reckon Joe always tried his best & really wanted to play for Liverpool
      unlike our friend from Italy who is tearing up Seria A by all accounts (is he f**k).

I was made up when he signed but i guess i didn't know,in hindsight i would
      probably have been made up to get rid of him had i been a Chelsea fan.
      Sadly Joe's leg's have well & truly done one!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #143: Jan 03, 2013 01:25:05 pm

Indirectly Yes
       with him getting 3M for 18months thats equal to over 40,000/week
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #144: Jan 03, 2013 01:38:36 pm

Just awaiting confirmation at this stage.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #145: Jan 03, 2013 01:41:12 pm
      I think we can lock this now

ps .Good Luck Joe, pity you could not make it here
       YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #146: Jan 03, 2013 01:47:35 pm
      I remember saying I thought Joe Cole was a good player just seconds before he scored against us in one of our UCL semifinals against Chelsea.

I wish we had that player, but unfortunately we got someone else. Not only he was past his best, he was also extremely unlucky in the way his career started for us.

All in all, I'm relieved to see him go. One problem less.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #147: Jan 03, 2013 01:54:58 pm
      Best of luck to the guy! Never doubted him as a person, but as a player, just nowhere near good enough for what we're trying to achieve! This deal is best for both camps!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Jan 03, 2013 02:47:13 pm
      I respected him both as a player and as a person until he demanded us to pay £50k a week for the remainder of his contract here while he is on the treatment table at West Ham, good riddance you greedy money grabbing b*****d!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #149: Jan 03, 2013 02:50:36 pm
      Bye bye England's Rose.

Or mercenary money grabbing tw*t, should never have been near the club in the first place, get shut of Ayre and the final stigma of the H & G era will be over!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #150: Jan 03, 2013 02:55:19 pm
       :action-smiley-055:

Easy money for the c**t.

Another chapter of the disasterous H&G era closes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #151: Jan 03, 2013 02:58:44 pm
      Read a thread like this and you have to wonder if YNWA has become little more than a catch phrase.

We would be out of Europe if it wasn't for him.

And only fools give away assets for nothing, I know you all despise him for wanting to come and play here... but he is worth more than nothing.

It seems that this club, that was once built on a working class ethic and an us against the world mentality, is becoming one that is elitist and arrogant, spending its energies tearing down its own players and managers instead of lifting them up

what a shame

What. The. F**k?

Considering he should never have been at the club in the first F***ing place, why's this F***ing hamstrung cockney tw*t being likened to a F***ing legend. Purslow's wants F***ing stoning for giving Joe the contract he did. Rafa was right when he was in charge, the little fat c**t should never have been signed. FACT!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #152: Jan 03, 2013 03:20:27 pm
      Joe made a very good drink on the back of this club and the ex wannabe manager Slime ball.

Just shows whats wrong with the game when players hold a club hostage over a payout.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #153: Jan 03, 2013 03:21:40 pm
      Disappointed that we couldn't get more out of Joe, as there's no denying that he can be an extremely good player when he hits form.

Also sad to see these rumours of a £3m payoff. I actually thought he was better than that.

Au revoir, Joe.

The mercinery aspect surrounding Cole takes some dispelling and even the F***ing memory of the player is still costing us, all this cock about him being an ok guy doesn't mean sh*t when him and his F***ing agent will be bleeding the club for months to come.
      Off you pop JC, one seriously costly signing right there.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #154: Jan 03, 2013 03:35:44 pm
      £13 million in wages, a £3 million pay-off and Christ knows what else including agent fee's.

I think hes had enough 'Good luck' from us.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #155: Jan 03, 2013 03:47:51 pm
      Joe.... I wish I could say "its been emotional", but I cant, It has been expensive though!

Kinda like a buying a ferarri with a skoda engine... lets look under the hood next time before entering into obscene contracts from the off eh?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #156: Jan 03, 2013 03:58:25 pm
      Biggest waste of money of money ever. And as for the talent he showed - on a par with that legendary Senegalese duo of Diao and Diouf
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #157: Jan 03, 2013 04:19:44 pm
      The mercinery aspect surrounding Cole takes some dispelling and even the f**king memory of the player is still costing us, all this cock about him being an ok guy doesn't mean sh*t when him and his f**king agent will be bleeding the club for months to come.
      Off you pop JC, one seriously costly signing right there.

Bleeding the club dry Stuey?

Look we can say he has been a waste, id agree with that, that he hasnt justified the outlay... But mercinery etc?

He was offered and signed a contract with Liverpool for 5 years at 90k ish a week, now that was idiotic by the club, bizarre to someone who was 28 at the time and had just had  a serious knee injury that had him sidelined for a year, but we gave him that contract... 5 years? We only have ourselves to blame, and that is where we need to get better, had we offered Cole 90k for 2 years and he had been a hit, we could sign him up again, or 60k for 3 years.. Whatever.. But we offered it, we agreed to it.

So here we are now and we essentially say to Cole, we dont want you, we are breaking that agreement, and lets just shake and you walk away... ok?

He is contracted for another 18 months.. He could have sat it out or demanded the lot, then he would be a mercinery.. But he hasnt, he has reportedly signed for 30k a week at West Ham (smart by them eh) so we want him to give up a contract for the other 60 as its not worked out? He has aparently agreed a pay off of 3 million for the remainder of the deal, which is around 37k a week, so therefore with the 30 from west ham he has taken a cut of around 23k a week to move..

We can all say its daft, and to an extent it is but its a contract, they are there for both sides, when we had Torres under a long term deal and he wanted out, we refused, and when we allowed him to go we got 50m for him, all good for us that contract.. Cole's not so, but the theory is the same, contracts are binding... Why would he just walk away..

Would anyone on here seriously do it?

Im glad he is gone, its been a F***ing disaster of a deal for us but him and his agent didnt hold a gun to our heads when we offered it him
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #158: Jan 03, 2013 04:36:59 pm

Look we can say he has been a waste, id agree with that, that he hasnt justified the outlay... But mercinery etc?

He was offered and signed a contract with Liverpool for 5 years at 90k ish a week, now that was idiotic by the club, bizarre to someone who was 28 at the time and had just had  a serious knee injury that had him sidelined for a year, but we gave him that contract... 5 years? We only have ourselves to blame, and that is where we need to get better, had we offered Cole 90k for 2 years and he had been a hit, we could sign him up again, or 60k for 3 years.. Whatever.. But we offered it, we agreed to it.

So here we are now and we essentially say to Cole, we dont want you, we are breaking that agreement, and lets just shake and you walk away... ok?

He is contracted for another 18 months.. He could have sat it out or demanded the lot, then he would be a mercinery.. But he hasnt, he has reportedly signed for 30k a week at West Ham (smart by them eh) so we want him to give up a contract for the other 60 as its not worked out? He has aparently agreed a pay off of 3 million for the remainder of the deal, which is around 37k a week, so therefore with the 30 from west ham he has taken a cut of around 23k a week to move..

We can all say its daft, and to an extent it is but its a contract, they are there for both sides, when we had Torres under a long term deal and he wanted out, we refused, and when we allowed him to go we got 50m for him, all good for us that contract.. Cole's not so, but the theory is the same, contracts are binding... Why would he just walk away..

Im glad he is gone, its been a f**king disaster of a deal for us but him and his agent didnt hold a gun to our heads when we offered it him

Sensible tw*t.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #159: Jan 03, 2013 04:59:19 pm
      More cost-cutting! No doubt FSG wittling down the wage bill again! :f_tongueincheek:
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #160: Jan 03, 2013 05:46:55 pm

Im glad he is gone, its been a f**king disaster of a deal for us but him and his agent didnt hold a gun to our heads when we offered it him

agreed. learn and move on, this is probably why the dempsey deal didn't happen...we have finally got rid of a talented but hardly used player.In the end its better to move on.

Quick Reply