Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 463669 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5957: May 13, 2024 07:41:42 pm
      Last away game mucker. Never let us down and lets hope the Villa fans show a bit of class. We owe Villa a slap or three so get stuck in and make this a good one for the Boss.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5958: May 13, 2024 07:57:46 pm
      That round table thing is a good watch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6789 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5959: May 14, 2024 12:54:05 am
      Wow emotional scenes at the end in front of the travelling KOP.

Gonna be a mess Sunday for sure.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5960: May 14, 2024 11:43:20 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #5961: May 14, 2024 03:06:44 pm
      I wonder if this year had played out differently and we'd have been fighting for top four all year and made it to 3rd with a late push if people would view the season differently overall (even with the same finishing position). I know I wanted to believe we could challenge for the title at the beginning of the year, but gun to my head, I'd have told you we weren't going to be able to with the changes made and especially once the injuries started piling up. It was almost a curse when we went top for a time and had that really good run of churning out wins. I feel like we may have overachieved for awhile and 2nd/3rd is probably where we really did belong based on the strength of our team....especially our porous defense.

Perspective is a bi*ch sometimes.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #5962: May 14, 2024 03:34:01 pm
      I wonder if this year had played out differently and we'd have been fighting for top four all year and made it to 3rd with a late push if people would view the season differently overall (even with the same finishing position). I know I wanted to believe we could challenge for the title at the beginning of the year, but gun to my head, I'd have told you we weren't going to be able to with the changes made and especially once the injuries started piling up. It was almost a curse when we went top for a time and had that really good run of churning out wins. I feel like we may have overachieved for awhile and 2nd/3rd is probably where we really did belong based on the strength of our team....especially our porous defense.

Perspective is a bi*ch sometimes.
      Sorry FL but this has all the hallmarks of comfort blanket thinking to me. Yes, if we'd been off the pace all season and then produced a late run that got us to third....we'd all be chuffed...but that's not how the season played out. Without ever being at our thunderous best, and disrgarding the various mitigations of poor refs and injuries, we had put ourselves within touching distance of 2 top prizes....but it was the nature of the collapse(s) that shocked us. There's no shame in losing, even to Palace, Everton and Atalanta, IF, and it's a big IF...we'd put up a fight; but when the pressure was on, we buckled without a fight and that for me was the failure...not the losses, but the feeble application of the players in those key, potentially career defining fixtures. We shouldn't have lost those games, but we deserved to lose them.
      It doesn't feel to me that we have overachieved...as you say you end up where you belong...3rd,  measurable progress...but its fractions in truth.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5963: May 14, 2024 06:58:53 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5964: May 14, 2024 07:11:32 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,675 posts | 6972 
      Reply #5965: May 14, 2024 08:00:11 pm
      I wonder if this year had played out differently and we'd have been fighting for top four all year and made it to 3rd with a late push if people would view the season differently overall (even with the same finishing position).

I mentioned something similar a couple of weeks back. It would have felt different but then I don't think Klopp would have been able to announce his departure on such favourable terms if we were struggling to qualify for CL.

Overall the past two seasons have been quite the step down from the previous four.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,224 posts | 844 
      Reply #5966: May 14, 2024 08:59:13 pm
      I’m going to miss Klopp dearly.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5967: May 15, 2024 12:08:18 pm
      Sorry FL but this has all the hallmarks of comfort blanket thinking to me. Yes, if we'd been off the pace all season and then produced a late run that got us to third....we'd all be chuffed...but that's not how the season played out. Without ever being at our thunderous best, and disrgarding the various mitigations of poor refs and injuries, we had put ourselves within touching distance of 2 top prizes....but it was the nature of the collapse(s) that shocked us. There's no shame in losing, even to Palace, Everton and Atalanta, IF, and it's a big IF...we'd put up a fight; but when the pressure was on, we buckled without a fight and that for me was the failure...not the losses, but the feeble application of the players in those key, potentially career defining fixtures. We shouldn't have lost those games, but we deserved to lose them.
      It doesn't feel to me that we have overachieved...as you say you end up where you belong...3rd,  measurable progress...but its fractions in truth.

It was our lack of quality that was our downfall, in particular in those games mentioned, we just didn’t have the players that fought hard enough for me, we rolled over especially in the Atalanta game, the score reflects that, against N-Everton they simply wanted it more than our players did, despite still having a chance to be champions at that point, we again rolled over, as for Palace heads were shot, we knew then it was all over, and Palace historically always give us a hard time so no real surprises they fu**ed us over,

We have good players in midfield, but where is the steel, we have flair players and that’s fine if everything is going your way but we need steel too when things get a bit tougher, and we lost that when Hendo went sand dancing, and Jimmy flew with the seagulls, we’ve replaced neither, and nor have we replaced Gini, another who had a bit about him, we need to sign players with a bit of muscle if we want to go that step further next season, I hope Arne recognises this too and acts accordingly!!

YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,433 posts | 808 
      Reply #5968: May 15, 2024 12:50:38 pm

It was our lack of quality that was our downfall, in particular in those games mentioned, we just didn’t have the players that fought hard enough for me, we rolled over especially in the Atalanta game, the score reflects that, against N-Everton they simply wanted it more than our players did, despite still having a chance to be champions at that point, we again rolled over, as for Palace heads were shot, we knew then it was all over, and Palace historically always give us a hard time so no real surprises they fu**ed us over,

We have good players in midfield, but where is the steel, we have flair players and that’s fine if everything is going your way but we need steel too when things get a bit tougher, and we lost that when Hendo went sand dancing, and Jimmy flew with the seagulls, we’ve replaced neither, and nor have we replaced Gini, another who had a bit about him, we need to sign players with a bit of muscle if we want to go that step further next season, I hope Arne recognises this too and acts accordingly!!

YNWA
      Good point....Look at the size of Rodri for example.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1510 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5969: May 15, 2024 08:16:25 pm
      Still haven't accepted it's real so I'm not ready for it... last day is gonna hit me like a freight train...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5970: May 15, 2024 09:50:39 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,860 posts | 6789 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5971: Today at 12:21:18 am
      The day has arrived, woke up, opened Facebook, saw clips, saved them as couldn't bring myself to watch them.

Have had tears since. Just wan't to go back to bed and wish this day never happens.

Quick Reply