Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool vs Arsenal: Pre-Match thread

Read 9508 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Aug 31, 2012 01:11:51 pm
      Lads anyone fancy starting the match thread for Sundays game. Ye know the fancy opening posts with crests etc etc...

Get it up and Ill delete this one then cheers
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2012 01:15:58 pm

2pm: Live press conference

Brendan Rodgers will host his pre-Arsenal press conference at Melwood this afternoon – and we'll be broadcasting the media briefing live on LFC TV and LFC TV Online from 2pm BST.

LFC TV Online subscribers can log on to our feed direct from the club's training base and watch the press call unfold in its entirety.

If you're not signed up to the club's premium online content service, then make sure you join in time to tune in.

We'll also be showing it live on LFC TV, channel 429 on Sky or Virgin 544.

The press conference is scheduled to begin at 2pm BST (although this can be subject to a short delay) so make sure you log on in plenty of time to have your live stream from Melwood up and running. The sound from Melwood will be turned on just before the press conference begins. http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/2pm-live-press-conference

We need to win this game to show other top team that we are in business. For the team selection I will leave it till tomorrow.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool v Arsenal
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2012 01:16:13 pm
      Lads anyone fancy starting the match thread for Sundays game. Ye know the fancy opening posts with crests etc etc...

Get it up and Ill delete this one then cheers
      Done mate
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Re: Liverpool vs Arsenal: Pre-Match thread
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2012 01:25:49 pm
      Cheers Clint

Another massive game this Sunday, for both sides. For either club to not win 1 of there first 3 games will not be good.

Im concerned slightly that Stevie and Luis played a full part last night as Id liken to have them fully fresh for this.

Arsenal have not become a bad side overnight and still have some huge threats in there team so we will need to repeat the level we played against City. We will need to be more clinical with our chances and not give up soft goals as we have to date.

I fancy us to keep enough of the ball to have these on the back foot, there weakness. Fancy us 2 0 if we are on form!

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Coates Enrique

Allen Gerrard Sahin

Sterling       Suarez        Borini
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4: Aug 31, 2012 02:08:33 pm
      I'm gonna go with this:

Reina
      Skrtel       Agger
      Johnson                       Enrique
      Allen       
                      Sahin
      Gerrard     
      Suarez                     Sterling
      Borini

But I get the feeling Borini will be wide -___-
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5: Aug 31, 2012 02:31:13 pm
      Gonna have to be on the ball for this clash a defensive side will be no good,the game against Arsenal always a good midfield battle and we need to win it.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #6: Aug 31, 2012 05:18:43 pm
      Cheers Clint

Another massive game this Sunday, for both sides. For either club to not win 1 of there first 3 games will not be good.

Im concerned slightly that Stevie and Luis played a full part last night as Id liken to have them fully fresh for this.

Arsenal have not become a bad side overnight and still have some huge threats in there team so we will need to repeat the level we played against City. We will need to be more clinical with our chances and not give up soft goals as we have to date.

I fancy us to keep enough of the ball to have these on the back foot, there weakness. Fancy us 2 0 if we are on form!

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Coates Enrique

Allen Gerrard Sahin

Sterling       Suarez        Borini

Coates over Agger? Fair enough.

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Suarez, Borini, Sterling.

Jones; Coates, Kelly; Henderson, Shelvey; Downing, Assaidi

3-1 with Gerrard, Borini, and Sahin scoring for us. Cazorla for them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #7: Aug 31, 2012 06:38:53 pm
      Coates over Agger? Fair enough.

No smarty pants, I assumed Agger got a 2 match ban if hes not suspended he plays
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #8: Aug 31, 2012 06:41:09 pm
      I reckon...

Reina
        Johnson   Skrtel   Agger  Enrique
                           Allen
                    Gerrard   Sahin
             Borini                  Sterling
                        Suarez

Jones, Coates, Kelly, Henderson, Downing, Shelvey, Assaidi.

Arsenal have looked very weak attacking-wise but their defence has looked abit better than it was last season. I think if we play similar to how we did against Citeh than we have a very good chance of grabbing the 3 points.
      1-0 Suarez. Would be class to see Sahin bang a last minute winner an run down to the away end an celebrate infront of the ARSEnal fans.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #9: Aug 31, 2012 06:56:56 pm
      No smarty pants, I assumed Agger got a 2 match ban if hes not suspended he plays

Wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Was wondering if you thought he deserved to start based on his performance vs City. Apologies if it came off wrong.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #10: Aug 31, 2012 06:58:58 pm

Wasn't trying to be a smart-ass. Was wondering if you thought he deserved to start based on his performance vs City. Apologies if it came off wrong.

No apology needed fella. Agger and Skrtel is the partnership but Id have every faith in Coates to come in
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Aug 31, 2012 10:58:25 pm
      0-0
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #12: Aug 31, 2012 11:13:22 pm
      I wrote out a long post, that included a hell of a lot of swear words in it but, instead of clicking on copy, I clicked paste and deleted it all.  >:(

However, I will explain the just of it. After today's nightmare, I am F***ing pissed off and need cheering up. I am fully behind Rodgers and, even if we lose, I will fully support him and his project. That said, I will not be F***ing happy if we don't win. I am an angry person this evening and think we need to be ready to F***ing smash those Gunner tw*ts. Lets F***ing win Reds!!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #13: Aug 31, 2012 11:19:49 pm
      I wrote out a long post, that included a hell of a lot of swear words in it but, instead of clicking on copy, I clicked paste and deleted it all.  >:(

However, I will explain the just of it. After today's nightmare, I am F***ing pissed off and need cheering up. I am fully behind Rodgers and, even if we lose, I will fully support him and his project. That said, I will not be F***ing happy if we don't win. I am an angry person this evening and think we need to be ready to F***ing smash those Gunner tw*ts. Lets F***ing win Reds!!!

The problem is mate there's plenty of people out there that won't support Rodgers and his project if we don't get a result on Sunday.

The doom mongers and knee jerkers will have their fingers on the triggers on Sunday so I pray to God we can get a result on Sunday to calm this whole situation down.

A goal each for Borini and Suarez would be the ideal situation.

Come lads, hammer these and show them what the red shirt means and what the men that wear it can do.

In bad form and had a few to drink tonight, so I'll try to a proper post and analysis tomorrow.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #14: Aug 31, 2012 11:22:33 pm
      Feeling pretty ill after us not signing anyone tonight, can't believe it!  :mad:

I suppose we've still got to see two of our signings play, and I hope both will play some part on Sunday.

I'd go for this side against Arsenal:

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Downing

Gerrard
      Allen
      Sahin

Borini
      Suarez
      Sterling

Subs - Jones; Kelly, Enrique; Henderson, Shelvey, Cole, Assaidi.

If Cole is still not fit i'd stick Morgan in for some attacking threat from the bench.

If we play like we did against Man City I can see us winning this 3-1 - Skrtel, Gerrard and Suarez grabbing the goals! :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Aug 31, 2012 11:31:08 pm
      KO time please ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #16: Aug 31, 2012 11:36:12 pm

13:30 here Sunday
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Aug 31, 2012 11:37:00 pm
      Cheers Brian
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Aug 31, 2012 11:52:30 pm
      The problem is mate there's plenty of people out there that won't support Rodgers and his project if we don't get a result on Sunday.

The doom mongers and knee jerkers will have their fingers on the triggers on Sunday so I pray to God we can get a result on Sunday to calm this whole situation down.

A goal each for Borini and Suarez would be the ideal situation.

Come lads, hammer these and show them what the red shirt means and what the men that wear it can do.

In bad form and had a few to drink tonight, so I'll try to a proper post and analysis tomorrow.

To be honest, it is getting to the point where I don't care what some fans think because some people will never change. The Liverpool Way is to support those we have but we all know that there will be many that won't.

Also, no harm to you but the ideal situation is goals from anyone, I don't care who, just as long as we win.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #19: Aug 31, 2012 11:58:17 pm
      To be honest, it is getting to the point where I don't care what some fans think because some people will never change. The Liverpool Way is to support those we have but we all know that there will be many that won't.

Also, no harm to you but the ideal situation is goals from anyone, I don't care who, just as long as we win.

I know the feeling mate, it's getting beyond ridiculous.

Oh I agree completely,if Reina bags himself a hat trick I won't be complaining! I just meant that if they could both get on the score sheet it would stop the "Suarez and Borini aren't goalscorers" talk for a bit.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #20: Sep 01, 2012 12:10:21 am
      We need fresh legs with all the fixtures of late.And also 3 points we havent had much success with arsenal. And they havent  scored any goals yet, so this might be the fixture were we beat them. Hope borini can get off the mark scorewise.my pediction 3-1 for the reds
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #21: Sep 01, 2012 12:16:22 am
      I believe that the team will be:

Reina
        Johnson   Skrtel   Agger  Enrique
                           Allen
                    Gerrard   Sahin
             Downing           Borini
                        Suarez

Jones, Coates, Kelly, Henderson, Assaidi, Shelvey, Sterling.

With FSG crap today, the starting 11 has again become self defined, bar 1 or 2 positions. Those liars srewed up BR royally. Moreover, we are 1 injury away (or suspension) up front from a disaster season... Hope that Suarez stays fit, out of trouble and keep his hunger to score.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2012 12:39:07 am by wmeliane »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #22: Sep 01, 2012 12:34:03 am
      It would be nice to see a clean sheet this game given the trouble Arsenal have had scoring this season.

-----------------Pepe-------------------
      Johnson--Skrtel---Agger----Enrique
      ----Gerrard----Allen---Jonjo---------
      ----Assaidi----Suarez-----Borini-----

Subs - Jones, Carra, Kelly, Hendo, Sterling, Sahin, Morgan

Quick Reply