Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Liverpool Way

Read 848 times
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 478 posts | -7 
      The Liverpool Way
      Sep 02, 2012 05:38:40 pm
      First of all I want to make it clear this is not a knee-jerk reaction to the dull performance today, but it seems whatever I was thinking last year proved to be right; we let go of the best manager we've had for the past three years, that is Steve Clarke!

I know 99% of people here are either Rafa or Kenny fans, but I do think the other 1% should be listened to, hence the forum idea..
      Where is Rafa now? Seriously folks, do you think a top manager would struggle to find a club like Rafa is doing now? I know the guy is a legend, and truly so, but we have to face the reality that even managers lose that magic touch which made them special one day. I totally agreed with the sacking of Rafa at the time, and I was proven right; he got the Inter job for 2-3 months then took a long holiday till God knows when..

I think Roy is a foregone conclusion; whoever buys Konchesky & Poulsen should never be allowed to manage Liverpool..

Now to King Kenny, our historic goalscorer and manager. I think the best football we played in the previous 3 seasons was during his reign. But here we come to my point, was he behind all the success and the pass-and-move style of play implemented? My answer is NO.
      For me a manager is judged "mainly" on two things: the buying/selling of players and the substitutions he makes through a game to shake things up. Kenny bought Henderson who was an excellent CM at Sunderland but he played him as RM, Downing for being British, Enrique for the sake of Carroll, and Carroll who was a panic buy that I don't really question his acquisition. I dare say his transfer policy was poor. The other area can be long discussed but I don't think he made right substitutions through the season, mostly deploying Carroll as a game changer, for all his aerial prowess he is far too slow to press teams' defenses while we're on the wrong end of a scoresheet, that was simple and plain for all supporters (except the F.A. Cup Final when Carroll almost got us back into the game single-handedly; again I believe he should have started).

I must say I wasn't THAT angered when Kenny was gone, I always attributed most of the work to the invisible men, Clarke & Keen. But we let them go to achieve success with West Brom, once again I was proven right, just take a look at the table!

I know my words won't find many ears because of the legendary status of Rafa and Kenny, but I wish we had Clarke as our manager now, I really do!
      As a result of all the managerial mess we've had now, all I demand is patience from my fellow Reds. Rodgers may prove a failure after all, who knows? But we need to stick together and support the team. At least lets do the thing we're good at. It doesn't seem like it's our year and it could be 3-4 years before we play in the CL again, but that's our stark reality and I'm ready to watch each and every game for my beloved football club not expecting to win. The Liverpool Way is to win games, and I'll just keep hope we're on track.

p.s. I've had enough of negative Karma, so please don't click on that icon  :angel:
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: The Liverpool Way
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2012 05:43:11 pm
      Not quite sure what the basis of the topic is..

Telling us we've got the wrong manager after 3 league games.. and that Steve Clarke should have been given the job instead? But its not a knee-jerk reaction?

I always attributed most of the work to the invisible men, Clarke & Keen. But we let them go to achieve success with West Brom, once again I was proven right, just take a look at the table!

:lmao:

Give over ye soft get.

Christ, good to see the trend of lunatics crawling out the woodwork after a bad result has continued from last season.

I wouldn't be expecting that negative Karma to be changing anytime soon either fella.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 478 posts | -7 
      Re: The Liverpool Way
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2012 05:48:09 pm
      I didn't say we got the wrong manager, Dannylfc, I just said we already had one at hand who knew the squad very well and we let him go. And yeah you're probably right about the karma thing  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply