Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Season Expectations

Read 33192 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Season Expectations
      Reply #345: Mar 01, 2013 01:28:48 pm
      No matter what, I'll still applause Rodgers & the players for making me believe again & will look forward to the final 11 games, win, lose or draw cos of the way we play football, it will be fun watching us again! :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :action-smiley-035: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Sgt Hard eh ?, you didn't make some 'dodgy' films back in the late 70's ?
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #346: Mar 01, 2013 01:33:36 pm
      Sgt Hard eh ?, you didn't make some 'dodgy' films back in the late 70's ?
      Haha...wasn't old enough back then!...maybe ya can lead me to the whereabouts of these "Dodgy" films then as ya have me curious!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #347: Mar 01, 2013 01:37:15 pm
      Haha...wasn't old enough back then!...maybe ya can lead me to the whereabouts of these "Dodgy" films then as ya have me curious!
      Er em, not sure where they are now, to be honest with you having them on pause on the time knackered them out. It's amazing how you can find out that you're ambidextrous though.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #348: Mar 01, 2013 01:47:07 pm
      Have to be a bit more consistent, sharpen up in defence then you never know anything could happen. Main aim is to try and collect as many points asd possible from the remaining 11 games and see where we are.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #349: Mar 01, 2013 02:05:52 pm
      Er em, not sure where they are now, to be honest with you having them on pause on the time knackered them out. It's amazing how you can find out that you're ambidextrous though.
      Maybe I'll have a quick peep on Youtube or Daily Motion...
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #350: Mar 03, 2013 10:56:03 am
       I still think we've got quite a bit too much to do. If we were only chasing one team then we'd have a chance, but three or four have a good gap on us so it will prove beyond us I think. Ultimately, two points from our first five league games was always going to leave us with a lot to do, but it's heartening that since then with the excption of the top two we've pretty much kept pace with everyone else. I think we'll get closer, and I think we'll catch Everton, but I think we'll finish 6th and equal our best finish over the last three seasons.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #351: Mar 03, 2013 08:18:50 pm
      I think we can press on now if the players believe, and put in the effort thay have been putting in recently. Also Coutinho, who has so far looked like the missing link we needed for the midfield, and Sturridge, who has given us another dimention up front when fit, will be available for all our remaining matches. (not cup tied) Pepe returning to something like his top form, Suarez his unplayable self, and everyone else working thier bollocks off. Yeah, Spuds wining today probably takes them out of reach, The Arse and the bitters I believe are both catchable. Will Chelsea capitulate under Agent Rafa ? probaly not as much as we would hope, so I think 5th is about the best we can hope for, even then we will have to be pretty much on top form for the remainder while them above us get the jitters.  6th is probable, 5th is do able. Will add, up front we are on fire, midfield now stronger going forward, defensively, we do need to tighten up, we do seem to give teams oportunities we wouldn't have done in the past, with pretty much the same defensive line up. Maybe we can afford a bit more defensive cover from the midfield, now we have a better attacking midfielder in Coutinho. Its certainly looking brighter than it was 8 or 10 weeks ago, Just need to tighten up at the back now.
      I'd put big dollars on 6th, and a small side bet on 5th.     :kop5cf8koxp6:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #352: Mar 05, 2013 12:00:07 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #353: Mar 05, 2013 01:55:41 am

Unfortunately those victories are stretched over a fair few weeks which is a shame.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #354: Mar 05, 2013 02:23:08 pm
      Unfortunately those victories are stretched over a fair few weeks which is a shame.

Yeah, that's true. But it still brings a big-ass smile to my face!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #355: Mar 17, 2013 02:16:31 am
      By the look of it, we won't even qualify for Europa next season. 3 points off 6th with them having one more game to play. Actually we would be lucky if we finish in top 8.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #356: Mar 17, 2013 01:14:39 pm
      By the look of it, we won't even qualify for Europa next season. 3 points off 6th with them having one more game to play. Actually we would be lucky if we finish in top 8.

Totally agreed. I think we will be almost in the same position as last season.  :'(

No european football!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #357: Mar 17, 2013 07:30:18 pm
      Haven't we got to finish fifth to get in the Europa this season?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #358: Mar 17, 2013 07:44:48 pm
      Progress.

Would like to be positive.

We could have done this with Sturridge in during the summer.

Expectation ?

Where we are.
      Same again.
      Second season under the Bitters.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #359: Mar 18, 2013 11:53:33 am
      Quote from what-a-hit-son
      Haven't we got to finish fifth to get in the Europa this season?

If one of the top 3 wins the cup, finishing 6th in the league will be enough for a UEFA Cup spot.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #360: Mar 18, 2013 12:02:29 pm
      If one of the top 3 wins the cup, finishing 6th in the league will be enough for a UEFA Cup spot.

Don't think so.  Runners up in the FA Cup take the 6th place position if the winners have already qualified for CL or EL.

We need to finish in 5th place or take the Fair Play spot.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #361: Mar 19, 2013 11:34:03 pm
      There's still hope we can make 5th. Close on a miracle for 4th. Personally I think we'll finish 7th now. Just hope that doesn't make us too unatractive to any quality targets we may have on the radar.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #362: Mar 20, 2013 03:25:56 am
      We must qualify for Europe. We belong in Europe. No European football next season means our season is a failure. But that's past thinking i guess. Not for me though, we must go all out to get that 5th spot. That must be the realistic target Brendan must emphasise to the players.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #363: Mar 20, 2013 08:17:50 am
      Europe.
      That's my expectation
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #364: Apr 01, 2013 05:17:46 pm
      Would love to get in the Europa League. There I have said it.

But ultimately keeping Luis is what I want from this season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #365: Apr 01, 2013 05:50:45 pm
      Be surprised if we get higher than 6th now. We'll have to buy some quality in the summer as I think next season will be the last that Louis will stay without C.L. Hate to even think it, but he won't stay indefinatley without that. especially if he has another season like this one, all the big boys in europe will come calling again. John Henry, listen up, we need to spend big THIS SUMMER to keep what we have, and progress some. The alternative will be another backwards step, similar to the last 10 seasons.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #366: Apr 01, 2013 06:22:26 pm
      I think we'll just nick the bitters to 6th.  They have to play us, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs all away.  We only have them and the Chavs (both at home) that look like really tricky games. 

Granted, we tend to drop too many "easy" points, but I think we will win the head-to-head game against them, and I think we will beat them to 6th.  With any luck, 6th will get us Europa League footie next season, which will be important to continue the development of some of our young starlets.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #367: Apr 02, 2013 06:06:56 am
      When we play our neighbours and the Roman London Empire, we can throw the form book out. Two very passionate games. First the derby and second because of the returning Rafael Benitez. Before the games, we need to continue winning and keep the distance between us and them close enough so that when we beat them, we could have a hope of overtaking one or both altogether.

Quick Reply