Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Free agents

Read 23740 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Free agents
      Reply #230: Sep 05, 2012 03:34:26 pm
      I swear he's a secret Lfc sympathizer..;D.. I'm sure he likes our club.. I read something somewhere....

It's true, he's spoken in the past about his love of Anfield and the our fans.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #231: Sep 05, 2012 03:47:04 pm
      Doesn't the loan transfer window open on Saturday?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #232: Sep 05, 2012 04:22:05 pm
      Doesn't the loan transfer window open on Saturday?

Think its just for the Championship and lower, not the Premier League.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #233: Sep 05, 2012 04:58:45 pm
      Harry Kewell is looking for a new club. :p
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #234: Sep 05, 2012 05:41:04 pm
      Just asking as I am not aware but are there restrictions on signing players from MLS either outright or on loan? Or does any business like that have to be completed during the normal transfer window?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #235: Sep 05, 2012 05:44:26 pm
      Harry Kewell is looking for a new club. :p
      Hmmmmm are we that desperate??????na F**k that.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #236: Sep 05, 2012 05:54:41 pm
      Would prefer not to get a free transfer. Play the youngsters and just deal with the pitfalls that would come from that as well the potential bonuses. The transfer window has happened, life goes on. Lets hope FSG and the rest of LFC learn from it, i am sure they will or least i hope they do.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #237: Sep 05, 2012 05:55:44 pm
      Just asking as I am not aware but are there restrictions on signing players from MLS either outright or on loan? Or does any business like that have to be completed during the normal transfer window?

The restriction is any kind of transfer bar free agents.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #238: Sep 05, 2012 05:59:02 pm
      This is all kinda depressing.... :f_wah:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #239: Sep 05, 2012 06:15:23 pm
      The restriction is any kind of transfer bar free agents.

That's what I was afraid of. :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #240: Sep 05, 2012 07:03:18 pm
      Im gonna clock out of this one unless there's anything vaguely concrete in the ether - im not about to get excited by what seems to be available in the "flea market" so I'm going to look forward to seeing the new additions (not Bobby Brown - he killed Whitney) in Assaidi and Yesil and enjoy seeing Morgan, Ngoo, Suso and maybe even Texeira get a chance.

For avoidance of doubt - my "opportunity out of adversity" is a coping mechanism - that we're in this position regardless of who is responsible is inexcusable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #241: Sep 05, 2012 07:49:32 pm
      Perhaps players and clubs can get contracts terminated with a pay off so the players effectively become free agents. That could work if we could find a decent striker who would want to play for us at the mo. Let's just unleash our youngsters and come what may.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #242: Sep 05, 2012 09:23:26 pm
      We have to accept the situation, and play with what we have  At least till January
       No really good players as free out there,   
       I would prefer to take a chance with our youngsters to be honest,
      Sterling was  somehow a surprise  for me and maybe for others too ( I mean , I tought  he needed more time, never doubted his talent)
       we may discover and see another  1/2  youth players who will make it NOW like Raheem,
        So give some minutes to the lads, the  young german we just signed, and maybe someone else too
        YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #243: Sep 05, 2012 09:28:48 pm
      We have to accept the situation, and play with what we have  At least till January

I'm ok with that. It's not ideal but I won't buy into this "desperate" malarky. We've got a strong first XI and excellent youth prospects. If we get a particularly bad run of injuries then yeah, we could be in a bit of bother but as things stand, we're still pretty strong.
      I just wonder if people would be quite so mad if the window had passed just after the Man City game and if Skrtel hadn't played that backpass. The Arsenal game just exaggerated the sense of doom and gloom around the club as the window closed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #244: Sep 05, 2012 09:36:51 pm
      I'm ok with that. It's not ideal but I won't buy into this "desperate" malarky. We've got a strong first XI and excellent youth prospects. If we get a particularly bad run of injuries then yeah, we could be in a bit of bother but as things stand, we're still pretty strong.
      I just wonder if people would be quite so mad if the window had passed just after the Man City game and if Skrtel hadn't played that backpass. The Arsenal game just exaggerated the sense of doom and gloom around the club as the window closed.

Momentum is funny in that way. Would much rather be on the positive side of it right now. If we drop another game before we win a couple the forum may implode.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #245: Sep 05, 2012 09:42:27 pm
      Momentum is funny in that way. Would much rather be on the positive side of it right now. If we drop another game before we win a couple the forum may implode

Agreed, yet prior to the season starting, we all agreed that it was a very tough starting schedule, including West Brom away which always had 'banana skin' potential. I hoped for a decent points haul from the opening fixtures but we all agreed that it could be a struggle.
      Now we've only taken 1 point from 3 games, despite dominating Citeh again, the forum has gone into panic mode  :roll:
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #246: Sep 05, 2012 10:32:02 pm
      Agreed, yet prior to the season starting, we all agreed that it was a very tough starting schedule, including West Brom away which always had 'banana skin' potential. I hoped for a decent points haul from the opening fixtures but we all agreed that it could be a struggle.
      Now we've only taken 1 point from 3 games, despite dominating Citeh again, the forum has gone into panic mode  :roll:
      Totally agree with this, get a win against sunderland and the lads will settle down a bit. just need to hang in there and keep trying to play football and not get frustrated and the wins will come. Also let some of the kids have a go might have a bit more grit and show some of the seniors that its not impossible. Come on the reds
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #247: Sep 05, 2012 10:49:25 pm
      Totally agree with this, get a win against sunderland and the lads will settle down a bit. just need to hang in there and keep trying to play football and not get frustrated and the wins will come. Also let some of the kids have a go might have a bit more grit and show some of the seniors that its not impossible. Come on the reds

Sunderland away is a tricky tie, which I hate to say, because I think MON is a one-trick pony of a manager.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #248: Sep 05, 2012 10:56:58 pm
      Sunderland away is a tricky tie, which I hate to say, because I think MON is a one-trick pony of a manager.

Still can't believe he's not signed Heskey yet!

But yes it will be a very difficult game, especially if you factor into the mix the style of football we try to play and the awful state of their pitch.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #249: Sep 05, 2012 11:00:49 pm
      Yep, it is tricky and although I'm always disappointed not to get a win, I won't go slitting my wrists either way. Things will settle down.
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #250: Sep 06, 2012 12:28:50 am
      It is very much likely that no one will turn up. We will just have to face the consequences of the bad moves we made and hope that neither Borini or Suarez get injured until January.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #251: Sep 06, 2012 12:44:03 pm
      I'm not a fan of this free agent stuff to be honest. I would rather we just look at the squad we have and see how to get the best out of it, rather than hoping and praying for a messiah to come from nowhere.

Being realistic, say we get a free agent in and they're no better at converting chances than what we have. Then what? We've taken on wages of a player, and taken a squad spot away from a young lad who has been groomed for our first team, and we're no better off.

The fact is these players are free agents for a reason...
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #252: Sep 07, 2012 12:07:27 am
      Lets hope Beachy Ball doesn't make a reappearance.

Quick Reply