Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Free agents

Read 23927 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Free agents
      Reply #184: Sep 04, 2012 02:00:22 am
      How about that Harry Potter fella, he's doing F**k all now and we could do with a wizard.
      Bier
      Reply #185: Sep 04, 2012 02:14:47 am
      Wikipedia has him as a free agent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danko_Lazovic

"Danko Lazović (Serbian Cyrillic: Данко Лазовић, born 17 May 1983) is a Serbian footballer who last played for Russian Premier League club Zenit as a second striker or a winger."

Wikipedia probably isn't the best source for anything though! haha

I tend to look more at the transfermarkt site, they're pretty good at keeping it updated. But maybe he was released. Zenit bought him from PSV only 1.5 years ago, I'm sure he signed a longer contract than that, probably till 2013 like that site says. But I read just now that Zenit agreed a fee with Besiktas for him like a month ago, but guess that might have collapsed. Although both Turkish and Russian markets are still open so it could still be in the works. But considering the amount of money they just paid for Witsel and Hulk, they might not care about recieveing a fee for Lazovic and just have released him. Or maybe wikipedia is just anticipating on his pending transfer.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #186: Sep 04, 2012 11:44:32 am
       Would get both Lazovic and Pongolle on 1-year contracts.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #187: Sep 04, 2012 12:12:43 pm
      Apparently Wellington is unemployed.  Anyone know much about him?

I have heard of him so he must be half decent as I am no Bundesliga expert.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/wellington/transfers/spieler_67207.html
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #188: Sep 04, 2012 12:13:38 pm
      Apparently Wellington is unemployed.  Anyone know much about him?

I have heard of him so he must be half decent as I am no Bundesliga expert.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/wellington/transfers/spieler_67207.html

Fantastic in the winter months...
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #189: Sep 04, 2012 12:17:01 pm
      Or in the rain, PD?

On a side issue, away from our desperate need for a striker, Royston Drenthe is another name that came up.  He did well at the Toffees didn't he?  And I am sure Enrique could do with some competition...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/royston-drenthe/transfers/spieler_35631.html
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #190: Sep 04, 2012 12:17:41 pm

His last employer's give him the boot.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #191: Sep 04, 2012 12:49:30 pm
      Or in the rain, PD?

On a side issue, away from our desperate need for a striker, Royston Drenthe is another name that came up.  He did well at the Toffees didn't he?  And I am sure Enrique could do with some competition...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/royston-drenthe/transfers/spieler_35631.html

Seems like he's caused problems wherever he's been. Don't know if we need any more problems.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #192: Sep 04, 2012 03:11:39 pm
      A far more positive view of our position...

Rising stars

Sam Yesil

Samed Yesil The German striker was signed for £1m last week and there are some at Anfield who believe he can make an immediate impact. The 18-year-old, who has represented his country at under-16, 17 and 18 level, scored 23 goals in 20 games for Bayer Leverkusen's Under-19 side last season and has the found the net 19 times in 20 appearances for his country, including six goals for Germany at the Under-17 World Cup last year. May struggle to adapt to the physical demands of senior football but his appetite and attitude cannot be questioned. "I get stuck in where it hurts because I want to score goals. It doesn't matter if I get kicked or fouled. The important thing is I score," Yesil said recently.

Michael Ngoo Having let Andy Carroll go, perhaps it is unlikely that Rodgers will turn to an equally physical striker but Ngoo would appear to have all the raw materials. Having finished as the top scorer in the reserves last season, the 6ft 4in 19-year-old scored a hat-trick against Bray Wanderers in pre-season and showed enough to suggest he is far more than just a big man. Consistency has been Ngoo's problem since joining from Southend, but the rangy England Under-20 striker is improving quickly.

Dani Pacheco

The Spaniard was just hours from joining Real Valladolid on loan last Friday but has remained at Anfield and is desperate for a chance. Did little to convince Rodgers in pre-season and has still to fulfil the vast promise he had as a 15-year-old when he graduated from Barcelona's famed La Masia school. He has, however, been an ever-present in Spain's all conquering youth teams, featuring for the under-21s last season. An outside bet at best.

Adam Morgan

Adam Morgan The 18-year-old is perhaps the youngster furthest up the pecking order at Anfield, having impressed Rodgers with his willingness to learn and tireless work-rate during pre-season. Was given his first competitive start against Hearts at Anfield last week and will be given more chances to impress. The local boy has been at Anfield since the age of 10, when he scored 80 goals in one season for the Liverpool Under-10s and went on to score in 13 successive matches for Liverpool's Reserves and Academy sides in 2010/11, scoring 21 goals in the season. "Every time I've watched him, whether it's live or on TV, he's always in and around the area where it matters, and that's the 18-yard box to score goals. As a striker, that's a great trait to have, and he looks great if he's got it," former Liverpool defender Gary Gillespie said.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #193: Sep 04, 2012 03:12:24 pm

I'm not sure, always seems to be some beef about him.
      scouser77bo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #194: Sep 04, 2012 04:39:51 pm
      Italian top journalist on transfer market issue has just said that Liverpool in on track to make an offer to free agent Alessandro Del Piero. He had almost reached an agreement with Sydney FC as reported few hours ago
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #195: Sep 04, 2012 04:58:57 pm
      Italian top journalist on transfer market issue has just said that Liverpool in on track to make an offer to free agent Alessandro Del Piero. He had almost reached an agreement with Sydney FC as reported few hours ago

Hmm. The Guardian said an hour ago that he had picked Sydney over Southampton. No mention of us:

Alessandro Del Piero has reportedly rejected an offer from Southampton to move to Sydney FC where he will become the highest-paid player in A-League history. After narrowing down his shortlist to the two clubs, the Italian is expected to confirm his decision at a press conference in Turin on Wednesday.

The former Juventus forward's brother and agent, Stefano Del Piero, is understood to have met with the Sydney FC chief executive on Monday. Stefano told the Gazzetta dello Sport that Sydney's proposed deal of around £1.3m per season was "a valid option and a concrete proposal." Meanwhile, Southampton's offer was believed to be a two-year contract worth £1m plus bonuses per season.

Southampton were keen to land Del Piero, having opened the season with three defeats to sit bottom of the Premier League. In Australia, however, the 37-year-old will become a football ambassador and the A-League's biggest signing.

Australian media reported details of Sydney's offer last week, which will make Del Piero the highest-paid athlete in the country's four football codes, which also include rugby league, rugby union and Australian Rules football.

The A-League, which has had several teams fold in the last two years due to financial problems and falling attendances, needs Del Piero as a high-profile draw card. Its previous marquee signings have been Dwight Yorke, who also played for Sydney in 2005-06, and the former Liverpool forward Robbie Fowler, who was with the now-defunct North Queensland team and Perth Glory from 2009-11.

Juventus announced early last season that they would not renew Del Piero's contract and he was also linked with moves to the Middle East, China, Argentina, the United States and Switzerland.

He scored a club record 286 goals in all competitions over 19 seasons with Juventus, although he managed just five and only two in Serie A last season in limited playing time as the Turin club won its first Serie A title since before the 2006 match-fixing scandal
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #196: Sep 04, 2012 05:13:45 pm
      Has a contract untill december 2013. Dont know why someone thought he's a free agent.

He is a free agent. Lazovic that is.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #197: Sep 04, 2012 06:18:44 pm
      His last employer's give him the boot.

Ding dong! ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #198: Sep 04, 2012 07:57:02 pm
      I've heard Del Peiro's about somewhere on the Wirral tonight.

Word on the street.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #199: Sep 04, 2012 07:58:49 pm

Those damn graffiti artists. :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #200: Sep 04, 2012 08:02:22 pm
      Some rumours earlier that we approached Del Piero but Ben Smith thinks it's not happening.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #201: Sep 04, 2012 08:10:28 pm
      A far more positive view of our position...

Rising stars

Sam Yesil

Samed Yesil The German striker was signed for £1m last week and there are some at Anfield who believe he can make an immediate impact. The 18-year-old, who has represented his country at under-16, 17 and 18 level, scored 23 goals in 20 games for Bayer Leverkusen's Under-19 side last season and has the found the net 19 times in 20 appearances for his country, including six goals for Germany at the Under-17 World Cup last year. May struggle to adapt to the physical demands of senior football but his appetite and attitude cannot be questioned. "I get stuck in where it hurts because I want to score goals. It doesn't matter if I get kicked or fouled. The important thing is I score," Yesil said recently.

Michael Ngoo Having let Andy Carroll go, perhaps it is unlikely that Rodgers will turn to an equally physical striker but Ngoo would appear to have all the raw materials. Having finished as the top scorer in the reserves last season, the 6ft 4in 19-year-old scored a hat-trick against Bray Wanderers in pre-season and showed enough to suggest he is far more than just a big man. Consistency has been Ngoo's problem since joining from Southend, but the rangy England Under-20 striker is improving quickly.

Dani Pacheco

The Spaniard was just hours from joining Real Valladolid on loan last Friday but has remained at Anfield and is desperate for a chance. Did little to convince Rodgers in pre-season and has still to fulfil the vast promise he had as a 15-year-old when he graduated from Barcelona's famed La Masia school. He has, however, been an ever-present in Spain's all conquering youth teams, featuring for the under-21s last season. An outside bet at best.

Adam Morgan

Adam Morgan The 18-year-old is perhaps the youngster furthest up the pecking order at Anfield, having impressed Rodgers with his willingness to learn and tireless work-rate during pre-season. Was given his first competitive start against Hearts at Anfield last week and will be given more chances to impress. The local boy has been at Anfield since the age of 10, when he scored 80 goals in one season for the Liverpool Under-10s and went on to score in 13 successive matches for Liverpool's Reserves and Academy sides in 2010/11, scoring 21 goals in the season. "Every time I've watched him, whether it's live or on TV, he's always in and around the area where it matters, and that's the 18-yard box to score goals. As a striker, that's a great trait to have, and he looks great if he's got it," former Liverpool defender Gary Gillespie said.

This actually makes me feel alot better about the current situation, I just hope there is the vision to try them, we after all have not much to lose.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #203: Sep 04, 2012 09:02:24 pm
      Can't believe it's come to this.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #204: Sep 04, 2012 09:09:47 pm

It seems totally unreal doesn't it?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #205: Sep 04, 2012 09:18:30 pm

Yep. Awful really.

At least Rafa was told that he had no money early so he could work on getting free transfers in. Rodgers hasn't got that 'luxury'.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #206: Sep 04, 2012 10:22:54 pm
      hernan crespo and del piero up front with suarez behind them ;)

Quick Reply